PDA

View Full Version : The Last Game You Completed

Alinthea
October 8th, 2012, 12:50 AM
http://www.playstationnation.co.uk/files/uploadedImages/enjoying_gaming2.jpg
What was the last game you beat?

We play many games, some short, some long, but what was the last game you beat?
Did you just complete the story? Did you unlock some of the acchivements before getting bored? Or did you go the whole way and complete the game 100%?

Here you can tell others what games you completed, how much you completed the game by, fully or not and just talk about anything interesting that happened when playing the game.
[css-div="clear:right"][/css-div]

Weeaboo Name
October 8th, 2012, 04:09 AM
That would be Journey on the PS3.

Easily the most interesting gaming experience I've ever had. It was only a short game (2.5 hours) so I did it all in one sitting.

Guillermo
October 8th, 2012, 06:37 AM
That would be Journey on the PS3.

Easily the most interesting gaming experience I've ever had. It was only a short game (2.5 hours) so I did it all in one sitting.
A 2 and a half hour game? That's ridiculously short. You would have pressed "New Game" and then it would be done. :S

Last game I finished was Gears of War 3, a couple of months ago. I have a habit of wanting new games before I finish a previous one so I have about 20 that need finishing, including Mass Effect 3 which just consumes too much time ughhh.

Weeaboo Name
October 8th, 2012, 09:58 AM
A 2 and a half hour game? That's ridiculously short. .

Yeah it is but it's enough time to achieve what it set out to. I've seen people use the term "interactive art" to describe it, sounds grand I know but I'd probably agree with them. Visuals, music and concept make easily make it something I'd recommend.

An extract of it's soundtrack.
bPBXXzCnwTY

Frostweaver
October 8th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Last game I finished is awhile ago... Persona 4 on PS2 (other games I played have no 'end' like Torchlight 2 so doesn't really count...). Ordered P3P just now so I can't wait to start that one!

LividZephyr
October 8th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I don't even remember the last game I beat. I have been playing Crystal (Pokemon Crystal obviously), Oblivion, and Skyward Sword off and on...

...and I haven't beaten any of them. I'm not as much of a gamer as I used to be.

Razer302
October 8th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Last game I completed would be Borderlands 2. (Restarded again though so fun xD)

Last game I 100% completed would be Bad company 2. Game took me 3 years to Platinum but the feeling when that popped up was totally worth it.

Next game to complete... Pokemon Black/White 2 on Friday. All in 1 sitting.

Brendino
October 9th, 2012, 01:45 PM
I guess that technically it would be Sonic 2, since I played through the whole thing and beat it about a week ago (although, it only takes me an hour and I've done it dozens of times in the past).

The most recent game that I beat for the first time, though, was Pokemon White. I guess there is always something more to do in the Pokemon games, but after completing the entire storyline, I'd say I've beaten it.

Fenrir Reki
October 9th, 2012, 02:10 PM
In terms of storyline, my most recent game is Resident Evil 6. I finished all campaigns on Professional and now i'm just getting trophies and playing mercenaries.

I can't remember my most recent 100% completion, so i'll just leave that out for now.

Ephemeral Euphoria
October 9th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Last games I finished recently were Tales Of Vesperia, Dragon Age 2, and Dragon Age Origins in that order. Thought it would take forever to get to Duke on Vesperia but alas I found him after a 3 hour manhunt through Tarqaron and a 2 to 4 hour fight with his second form which was considerably tough to say the least. Dragon Age 2 felt like The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air in midieval times tbh but I had fun sticking it to the templars and their nutjob leader Meredith at the end. With Origins it was mostly straight forward Darkspawn squashing until I got to Urthemiel and his ocean of followers, everyone on my team but my character Magus ended up dying to the Darkspawn horde that protected the Archdemon by the 2nd hour or so, thankfully by the time the Archdemon was almost dead I had a tiny enough sliver of health left to use a Fireball spell with my Blood Magic active leaving me with barely any health left at all but the blast ended up killing the demonic dragon and saving Ferelden from the Blight before it even truly began lol.

HoyNeeks
October 12th, 2012, 09:31 PM
I know the reviews are bad, but RE6. Leon's campaign is the best out of the 3. I'm still trying to finish it so I can get Ada's campaign.

TRIFORCE89
October 13th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Tales of the Abyss 3D. Just played until I got to the credits

Cherrim
October 13th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Didn't "complete" it (that word is reserved for 100% runs) but I did play through all of Ib last night. It's a neat (free!) little RPG Maker game that's great for this time of year. I saw a friend do a bit of an LP of it (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzmw8DmhqBvgm1Vk7GkMRZPa6J2K88P_M&feature=plcp) and I had to stop watching after the first episode because I already knew I had to play it and didn't want to be spoilt. Took a few weeks before I had time to sit down and play any games but I did last night.

It's a bit of an atmospheric, creepy adventure game. It's not long at all so it doesn't take a huge commitment but it's charming and there are a lot of different endings. I was pretty creeped out at first because I'm a wuss but it got really enjoyable by the end as I got less tense. I definitely recommend it to anyone who's looking for something short to set the mood for Hallowe'en!

Spinosaurus
October 14th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Persona 4 and Metal Gear Solid 2.

Great games, though the latter REALLY screwed up the story at the end. Shame, because it started out pretty good. The former is probably the best JRPG I ever played. Actually, probably one of the best games I ever played.

Ihsman07
October 15th, 2012, 10:16 AM
If we're talking beat as in 100% then I have to say New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I beat all the levels, found all secret exits, collected all the star coins, activated all the cannons, and completely obliterated World 9. The only way you can have 5 stars on your game file is having completed what I just said.

Mochi
October 15th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Red Dead Redemption on PS3.

It's been that long since I've actually had the time to finish a game, excluding Pokemon ;o;

I play a lot of games that have endless stories though, like Harvest Moon and The Sims.

thedestinedblade
October 19th, 2012, 06:08 PM
The Last Story (Wii) about a month ago. It was too short for an RPG, around 20 hours, but I found it pretty decent. Combat was fun for being action oriented, and they added some nice stealth elements too. Characters and story on the other hand were pretty flat. OST was on the good side though.

curiousnathan
October 19th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Just completed the main storyline of B2. A great game.

Azure Rathalδs
October 20th, 2012, 12:13 AM
^

Same here. Just finished first main game playthrough of W2.

CoMM
October 22nd, 2012, 09:17 AM
Borderlands 2. For like the 7th time on my Level 50 Mechromancer now doing the new DLC pack with my Level 50 Commando.

Nintendork15
October 22nd, 2012, 09:59 AM
VVVVVV 3DS.
Epic game, I've played the demo for the PC.
But I bought the full on 3DS

Team Fail
October 22nd, 2012, 11:51 AM
Ocarina of Time 3D. Great game tbh.

Pppgggr
October 22nd, 2012, 02:19 PM
The last game I completed was probably Mass Effect 2, and I'm hesitant to try 3. Most other games I've played recently have been redos

o Pikachu o
October 28th, 2012, 01:41 AM
Batman Begins on PS2 which was around 3 months ago I think. I felt like playing it after watching Dark Knight Rises. If you count Pokèmon then it's Pokemon Black 2 in which I beat the E4 5 days after it was released.

Doppelgänger
October 28th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Completed Black 2 a couple of days ago, very good game.

Totodilesteel99
October 28th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Guess?
A Original Nintendo Game it is...
Guessed yet?
Super Mario 64 DS!
Lol, i know, I'm playing on Mario, half the time when I'm not playing Pokémon or on my PC.

SS01
October 28th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Pokemon Platinum, beat the E4 a few weeks ago. Didn't get any legends other than Giratina though. Also finished Angry Birds (yes, it took me that long) on my phone, but don't think that counts. :P

Squirrel
November 4th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Borderlands 2. The story was incredible, right up until the last couple of missions where... Well, I won't spoil anything, but I think the story really went down hill near the end. There's the option of doing Playthrough 2 with stronger enemies, better loot, harder game in general, but I don't know if I'll do it. I'll probably just wait till my friend wants to do a co-op game together again and replay it with a new character; finding out their skills and tactics is the most fun part of the game for me :3

ahmet476
November 10th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Darksiders II. The game improved on a lot of stuff compared to first game. There are loot and skill tree systems in the game this time. The game is incredibly large compared to first one with regards to environments, maps etc. I heard it gives 30 hours of gameplay normally but I finished my first run on it at around 50 hours (because I'm an exploration freak) and I'm still gonna play it one or two times more because of New game plus mode, other stuff I haven't unlocked on skill tree on my first playthrough.

Story was fine. I like graphics and art style as well. Boss battles are probably one of the strongest parts of the game although the final boss felt like a pushover. .

YungKnowledge
November 16th, 2012, 03:58 AM
I can now officially say Saint Row the 3rd as of this morning.

Urugamosu
November 16th, 2012, 04:07 AM
I'd say Assassins Creed 3. Though I must say, the end of the game somewhat lacked it. It felt like there should have been more.

derozio
November 16th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Borderlands. Not the second one. The first one was awesome right till the end. That's when it failed, kind of. But yeah, awesome game.

And I'll probably complete Borderlands 2 in a few hours as well. But I'm generally too busy studying or watching anime that I rarely get the time to play. :<

Don Bastio
November 21st, 2012, 03:06 PM
red faction guerrilla for xbox 360. i usually beat all the games i get, not 100 percent but the main story at least.

PiemanFiddy
November 21st, 2012, 05:26 PM
Ironically, I just recently beat Pokemon Platinum.

On a non pokemon-related note, I'd say the last game I played (and beat) was Assasins Creed: Revelations. :P

Axeliira
November 22nd, 2012, 06:56 PM
Super Smash Bros: Brawl...well, just completed the story mode in Hard mode...it was tough to beat the final enemy imo!

LilJz
December 7th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Pokemon Daiamond, which I finished a few weeks ago.

Sassy Milkshake
December 7th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Finished Pokemon Platinum today. That's like 2 games in 3 weeks (emerald + pt). Might not seem like a lot, but it is for me. ;P

chaoticlapras
December 7th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Uhm, if it counts, I just finished all the challenges for the skyblock minecraft custom map!

Mr. Avocado
December 7th, 2012, 12:46 PM
I have recently finished the campaigns of; Battlefield 3 and Black Ops 2. I always go for the regular difficulty to get into it then harder difficulty so it's more realistic and, in some cases, requires you to think more. Battlefield 3 is so amazing, the graphics are just incredible and I somewhat prefer it over Black Ops 2, both being outstanding games.

Pokemon Daiamond, which I finished a few weeks ago.

Finished Pokemon Platinum today. That's like 2 games in 3 weeks (emerald + pt). Might not seem like a lot, but it is for me. ;P
To be honest, is there really a point where you can "complete" a Pokemon game? I mean yes, you go through the story line and Elite 4 or whatever the last peeps you battle are; but I don't think you can "complete" Pokemon. I mean, when you have every single Pokemon, all in shinies, fought every battle and all that, even then have you "completed" the game? I think games like this and RPGs aren't ones which can really be "completed", can they?

Sassy Milkshake
December 7th, 2012, 01:03 PM
I guess I could've been more specific and said main game. When you phrase it like you did though, it sounds like no game can really be completed.

Mr. Avocado
December 7th, 2012, 01:17 PM
I guess I could've been more specific and said main game. When you phrase it like you did though, it sounds like no game can really be completed.Well yes, a lot of games are like that, but with a lot of time and effort games can be completed. I guess that's part of the joys that a game brings nowadays, you can't really complete them; you are always able to do something which makes you wanna keep playing instead of just moving on to a different game. I guess that's why RPGs are so popular, they have so many different aspects and you can do endless amounts of things on them. This goes for games like Minecraft, too, where it is impossible to complete the game because it doesn't have any objective to it, except survive, if you are playing on survival mode.

Spinosaurus
December 7th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Technically, I beat Rhythm Heaven Fever. I've already cleared all games, but now I'm trying to get a superb rating on all of them to get my chance on having a perfect. It's gonna be very very challenging, and god knows how long it'll be, but let lightning strike me if the game isn't addicting. (Gonna play the game twice as well. Ordered the Europaen version called Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise so I can play the whole game with the Japanese soundtrack on.)

Also, maybe Punch-Out counts? I just beat the champion, so I've already faced everyone. (sans the secret challenger.) I mean, THERE is still title defense mode where I have to fight and defend my title against every single boxer I faced, but I don't know if you could consider that post-game or half of the game.

Pointblank
December 8th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Well, I last completed the campaign/story of Tak and the Power of the JuJu (don't hate), still finding every spell and item however.

FiyahKitteh
December 8th, 2012, 09:41 PM
The last game I beat - if I am not completely mistaken - is NAKAYOSHI on SNES.

I beat the whole thing, because there isn't much in terms of unlocking or nothing. It was pretty straight forward. I did however play the games multiple times, because I wanted to play it with every character you can pick (4 in total).

Other than that, I don't think I completed anything else recently. The games I have do have a lot of "unlockable stuff" I guess. xD

DowntownDumpling
December 26th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Well, I beat Super Mario 64 DS for the third time a few days ago. Overall, though, I don't play games nearly as often as I used to.

Digimon Kaiser
December 26th, 2012, 02:08 PM
About to re-beat Digimon World Dawn, restarted Digimon World Dusk for the umpteenth time.

Playful_Weasel
December 26th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Two games, last night I finished playing the original "Metal Gear Solid" for PS1 (my PS3 plays PS1 games) - and also finished (sadly using cheat codes) Grand Theft Auto 4. Now I'm going to replay them again (GTA4 no cheat codes, I'll try)

Gideon Jeremiah
December 26th, 2012, 07:36 PM
I finished both Dragon Age 2 (for the 3rd time [Imported Elven Mage who made Alistair King from Origins]) as a Rogue who supported the mages, as well as Dear Esther (for the 9th time).

In my opinion, Dear Esther is a gem of interactive story-telling.

Morkula
December 28th, 2012, 08:08 PM
The last game I beat was Luigi's Mansion. Really late, I know, but I wanted to play it before the sequel comes out next year.

I'm trying to marathon Half-Life 2: Episode One before the end of the year so I can have one last game to add to my "beaten" list for 2012. Shouldn't be too hard since it's only 4-5 hours long.

Sydian
December 28th, 2012, 09:38 PM
The last game I beat was Sapphire for the Stocking Stuffer challenge, if that counts. I've beaten it countless times. The last game I beat for the first time was my Japanese Black 2 in umm...August I think? I had just gotten home from the Arkansas trip and I was super sick and I had a day off school, so I finished it that day.

Cherrim
December 28th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Last game I beat was Dissidia 012. It took me forever to play it and I wish I'd played it sooner because wow it's a lot of fun. I finished all the plot but I still want to go back and keep playing it!

I expected that to be the last of the year but I have a feeling I'm gonna beat the main goal of FTL before the end of the year too because I'm so addicted to it. <<;

Olli
December 31st, 2012, 07:47 AM
Eh, uh. Thing is, I play a lot of games, but it's rare that I ever complete them. For instance, I've had Borderlands for quite a few months now, but I've still yet to beat it, and I just got Borderlands 2, and I've had Red Dead Redemption for like 1½ year now, and I still haven't beat it, although I pretty much bought it for the online multiplayer, so I have an excuse :p But due to this, I'm not actually sure what the last game I completed would be, but I'm pretty sure it'd be Portal 2. Really fun and really enjoyed it, both SP and co-op with Ozzy. Now that I think about it, I actually kinda wanna replay it. But got loads of games to play already :((

Aques Keus
December 31st, 2012, 08:35 AM
Latest game I beat the storyline to is Starcraft, but I have yet to reach diamond league (which would be the end off the game for me) other than that I'm stuck on the spectral keeper in FFX

LilJz
December 31st, 2012, 08:45 AM
It would be FireRed, since I recently completed a Random Pokemon Challenge on it :)

Pinkie-Dawn
December 31st, 2012, 09:49 AM
Yesterday, I've beatened New Super Mario Bros. U, but I'm too afraid to play the star world due to their Nintendo Hard difficulty.

ZetaZaku
January 4th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Last game I've beaten is Far Cry 3. Finished it yesterday after 4 days of playing with my friend. I have to say that it's one of my favorite games from 2012. Everything except the ending was IMO great. It never got boring. Climbing the radio towers and conquering the bases turned out to be more fun than the story.

Starfury
January 7th, 2013, 12:27 AM
I would say Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns, but that doesn't really count, because it's pretty much a game with no end. Otherwise Eternal Sonata. I had a fun time completing that.

Brendino
January 9th, 2013, 02:25 PM
While sports games aren't necessarily something that you beat per se, I just got the Platinum trophy for NHL 11 last night- only two days before their online servers shut down.

DraconianWing
January 9th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Assasin's Creed 3: Liberation, story was MUCH shorter than I had anticipated :(

Now going for Platinum trophy in NFS:MW >:D

Iceman3317
January 9th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Haven't really finished many games lately. Halo 4 is pretty much over. Think I am on last stage.

Ryusuta
January 10th, 2013, 02:57 AM
Finished a few playthroughs of Binding of Isaac, if that counts. ^^;

I've gotten all of the endings, but haven't quite unlocked every item yet.

Penta Penguin
January 11th, 2013, 04:40 PM
The last game that I finished was Fantastic Dizzy, back in June 2011. I must say that this game does look easy, it's surprisingly difficult. Some places (if you're not careful) can cause a 1hk. But, I have really loved this game to bits.

SLITCX
January 12th, 2013, 01:07 PM
The last game where I actually finished the storyline was probably Diablo 3. I'm just stuck on League of Legends now. ._.

Cherrim
January 14th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Picked up and beat Touch My Katamari the other week. It was very short so I'm glad I got it on sale on PSN but I enjoyed it. Better than the PSP game was and a good Katamari fix considering I haven't played any of them in a while. It's probably the best introduction to the Vita I could have asked for. :P

Sweets Witch
January 14th, 2013, 11:37 AM
I finished Portal 2 fairly recently. Originally had it for the PS3, but I gave it to a friend when I finished it so I bought it on Steam the last time it was on sale. It's so much more fun than I remember.

DavidtheDeadPhilosopher
January 15th, 2013, 05:47 PM
I consider having a game beaten as when the credits role, which would mean the last 5 games I beat were
Pokemon Black
Pokemon SoulSilver
MarioKart 7
Kid Icarus Uprising <3
Halo 4 Campain (Co-Op Legendary)

However, I haven't completed any of them. In fact, I'm fairly certain I've never 100% any game. The cloest I've come so far is
Pokemon Firered (I'd say I'm about 89% completed)
Bastion (I just have a few levels to beat at highest difficulty in order to complete all 4 endings)
Sonic Generations (I still have to S rank some of the side missions and boss battles)

PlatinumDawnFtw
January 15th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Probably White 2 back in October when it first came out, haven't played a lot of video games recently.

ShadowE
January 16th, 2013, 05:58 AM
I just beated Far Cry 3's main story, now to unlock all secret weapons and achieve all SP throphies

Starry Windy
January 16th, 2013, 06:58 AM
The last game I have finished is Pokémon Black 2. (as it is after seeing Staff Roll)

mozartm99
January 17th, 2013, 11:34 AM
For me it was Ratchet and Clank Crack in time. That game is so much fun.

thedestinedblade
January 24th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Started a lot of games lately, but haven't got around to finishing them. Tales of Destiny Director's Cut is the last game I manage to complete (about 2 months ago, I believe) I have the original for the PSX, and the remake is pretty well done. Did have to cheat for the final boss and lower the difficulty to easy since I kept getting destroyed though. :P

Ephemeral Euphoria
January 24th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Knocked out Kingdom Hearts in about a week's worth of time recently, now that I got that out of the way it's time to finish Persona 4.

Ryusuta
January 24th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Finished all of the Challenge modes on Binding of Isaac now. Geez... I've almost unlocked everything!

Caelus
January 26th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Recently beat Pikmin 2 and Fallout 3. I'm really close to beating Gears of War but I'm too lazy to fight the last boss, but I'm pretty much done with that game.

Holofoil
January 26th, 2013, 05:07 PM
I have finally beaten GTA IV 100%, which took me long enough.

Clefable
January 26th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

Took me about 3 months.
The Great Bay Temple is by far the most excruciating and annoying temple in the whole LoZ series in my opinion. Switching and freezing and unfreezing the water, damn stray fairies. Ugh.

xRice
January 27th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Fallout Vegas on the Ps3 and let me tel you how long it is lol

Arcturus.
January 27th, 2013, 07:09 PM
I think the game I completed was Black Ops 2. I've been trying to complete XCOM: Enemy Unknown but I've been dragging it on instead of just attacking the alien base. I guess I'm trying to get my soldiers nice and strong so they don't die.

Gyardosamped
January 27th, 2013, 07:43 PM
The last game I actually beat was Pokémon Leaf Green. It was like my tenth time restarting the game, and I beat it all the way through in like a month (I also had school/other stuff during that time). Currently replaying my Diamond now, and hoping to beat that within a month's time, too.

Mr. Avocado
February 11th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Finally finished the Battlefield 3 campaign; amazing. Didn't expect it to be so fun and requires you to think a lot more than the CoD campaigns, the BF3 campaign had a smart idea to it.

machomuu
February 11th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Beat Takkoman this Saturday, which is undoubtedly one of the best Action Platformers I've ever played.

Also, after a year of trial and error, I've finally beaten Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom.
...Now I just have to beat the game without getting a Game Over.

Mochi
February 11th, 2013, 12:32 PM
I just finished replaying LittleBigPlanet about a month ago, I'm playing a lot of games right now but most of them are games that you can't really 'beat' like Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing, and games that I've already beaten and I'm just replaying.

.EJ
February 11th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Pokemon Black.

Beat the main plot on Saturday.

Mr Cat Dog
February 11th, 2013, 01:34 PM
I finished Portal 2 over the weekend. Needed YouTube strategy guides to get over that finish line, but I'm glad I did it. I'm the last person in the world to realise this, but it's a really, really good game, and nothing like I was expecting it to be when I first started playing it! :D

CarcharOdin
February 11th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Dead Rising (72 hour mode, currently on Overtime)
The Dig (gonna play it again cuz I love it)
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Ninetales
February 13th, 2013, 02:27 AM
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.
[...]
The Great Bay Temple is by far the most excruciating and annoying temple in the whole LoZ series in my opinion. Switching and freezing and unfreezing the water, damn stray fairies. Ugh.

I completely agree with you. People say bad things about the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time (which honestly I thought wasn't that bad), but in my opinion the Great Bay Temple in Majora's Mask is much worse. For me, the most annoying thing about it is trying to remember where to find all those damn valves to turn on, and to actually turn every one of those damn valves on every time you run out of time and have to go back to Day 1. And of course the boss is really hard.

But that wasn't the last game I completed. That credit goes to... uhhh... well gee, I can't remember. There are lots of games I'm still on my first playthrough of, but are there any I actually completed? Well, I think the last one I actually completed was Donkey Kong Country. I remember completing the Loopy Lights level and a second fight with Beaky and then being very surprised that I was at K.Rool already. Of course, I kinda cheated on the final fight: I was playing on an emulator, and thus gave in to the temptation to make lots of save states throughout the battle. I only did that because I absolutely loathe backtracking though. I even fell for the fake credits about halfway through the battle! XD

Even more recently than that, I completed Pokemon White, but that doesn't count for two reasons: one, it wasn't my first playthrough, and two, I was doing a Let's Play of the game, which for me automatically disqualifies it from any current play listings and such.

Shayminlover123
February 13th, 2013, 03:58 PM
New Super Mario Bros U. Took me about 6 hours to complete it.

Gliese
February 13th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Depends on what you'd count as finished. I've been playing RTS games, and I usually quit after I've conquered the world or achieve my victory requirements, rather than wait for the victory screen. If that counts, Europe Universalis III

thedestinedblade
February 14th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Megaman Battle Network 6 about 2 days ago. Probably shouldn't have started with the last entry in the series, but I only played it because I had been the watching the various EXE anime series'. Game and anime story are completely different too. Anyways, I enjoyed it quite a bit ;definitely at top of my list of GBA RPG's. (Awesome OST btw)

Ephemeral Euphoria
February 27th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Finished up Kingdom Hearts 2 over the weekend, surprisingly it was pretty easy by the time I got to The World That Never Was but at the very least Xemnas kept things fun for me.

FlameChocobo
March 8th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Super Mario 64 DS - Got all 150 Stars, and caught 28 Rabbits (28 Keys total) Takes even longer than the original version.

Cherrim
March 8th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Last games I beat (all within a day of each other so I feel okay posting three) were:

Rhythm Heaven Fever - Not nearly as good as the DS version. I suffered from HDTV lag and the games just weren't as fun or rewarding. :/ I wouldn't really recommend it.

Plants vs Zombies (Vita) - I wouldn't have bought this again (I already own it at least twice) but I was very happy to get it through PS+. It's such a good game and this is a really good port.

Gravity Rush - Another PS+ Vita game. I really liked it but I don't know if I'd have been happy paying full price for it. Good game to show off what the Vita's capable of. Could've used less touch screen and tilt mechanics, though. (I have little hands--I can't always reach the screen to swipe for a dodge while actively trying to fight. ;_;)

ZetaZaku
March 12th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Super Robot Wars for Game Boy. I felt like playing the Classic era to see where this huge series started. The game was actually good and the gameplay was well done. My only issue is the Final Boss. Too easy. Easier than the boss from the previous stage.

KriegStein
March 12th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Chrono Trigger. Just finished it yesterday. :D Was as great as many had said.
Witcher. A different type of fantasy game. Awesome in every way. :D
Contra 4. This was some intense *****. Good as any other game in the series. Almost harder than Touhou even. :D

Rϵd
March 12th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Far Cry 3

Awesome game. I hate Vaas grrrr....

machomuu
March 12th, 2013, 12:58 PM
I just finished Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward and...
...Dear God. Know that there is no exaggeration in my words when I say that everybody, and I mean EVERY SINGLE PERSON needs to play that masterpiece of a game. There is no game out there that can match VLR in terms of storytelling...just....

The game's left me speechless. It's an incredible game, and if I were to give it a rating, it'd be a 9.75 out of 10. Buy it, just buy it.

Spinosaurus
March 12th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Now that I think about it, the last game I finished was back in Februrary. Beat the Title Defense Mode in Punch Out.

Before that it was Rhythm Heaven in January. Gotta finish all the games I'm playing soon, and start some that have been waiting to be played for a while.

Rhythm Heaven Fever - Not nearly as good as the DS version. I suffered from HDTV lag and the games just weren't as fun or rewarding. :/ I wouldn't really recommend it.

Dead to me. The DS game is harder but Fever went back to the Tengoku's roots which is waaaay better and how it should be.

I honestly think Fever and Tengoku are harder too if you go for all perfects. The DS game is only hard first time around because each game got varied type of controls and gimmicks, so they catch you off guard, but once you get that keeping up with the rhythm is easy. Fever and Tengoku are actually challenging because the rhythm itself is challenging, not the controls. Once I get a medal in a game in the DS game, I know I can easily get a perfect on it, but the same doesn't apply for Fever and Tengoku. Nothing in the DS game is gonna be harder than getting a perfect on Monkey Watch or Remix 8 in Fever, nothing.

Eh getting off-topic there. I still love the DS game, but it's not even the best DS rhythm game, and not really what Rhythm Heaven represents.
EDIT:
Also off-topic but reading my own post made me realize something. Rhythm Heaven DS is to Rhythm Heaven what Super Punch Out is to Punch Out since they both sacrificed what made the original game its own game for other stuff. Rhythm Tengoku is NES Punch Out, and Fever is like Punch Out Wii in that went back to the original roots but further expanded on it and perfected it.

Of course that's ignoring the arcade Punch Out games, which were totally different.
I just finished Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward and...
...Dear God. Know that there is no exaggeration in my words when I say that everybody, and I mean EVERY SINGLE PERSON needs to play that masterpiece of a game. There is no game out there that can match VLR in terms of storytelling...just....

The game's left me speechless. It's an incredible game, and if I were to give it a rating, it'd be a 9.75 out of 10. Buy it, just buy it.
How comparable is it to 999? If you played that game, that is. Been interesting to pick this up since I liked 999, but I can't imagine a sequel being nearly as good, let alone surpass it.

machomuu
March 12th, 2013, 02:15 PM
How comparable is it to 999? If you played that game, that is. Been interesting to pick this up since I liked 999, but I can't imagine a sequel being nearly as good, let alone surpass it.
That's what I said before playing it, I didn't think it could surpass the original...

But it did. Oh God, it did. The characters, the story, the music, the graphics...they all just take dramatic leaps. Given the length of the game in comparison to 999, VLR has a lot more time to craft its story and its characters, as well as its shocks and its twists, and it does. All of it is intelligently planned to lay out what I can without a doubt is the best story I've ever seen in any game I've played.

This one also employs a lot more choice than 999, and because of how it crafts its world, you as a person will feel the weight behind each action on an emotional level. Basically I have this to say: if you liked 999, you will LOVE VLR. I can't guarantee it, but I don't see the contrary being the case.

The_Consumer
March 12th, 2013, 05:23 PM
My most recent? Pokemon HeartGold, a nuzlocke challenge if you must know.

ZetaZaku
March 13th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Completed Tomb Raider yesterday. 100% completion. I'll wait a bit for some new costumes/mods and then I'll give it an only bow run on Hard without the use of Survival Instinct.

Raichu1988
March 15th, 2013, 12:54 PM
On the 360: Fallout 3. I finished the main story mode but still have to complete a couple side quests and hopefully get some more achievements in the process.

PS3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations. I let that game sit for a long while but when I finally got back to playing it, it really drew me in. Excellent story, I had a lot of fun finishing it. Just need time to go for Platinum now. ^^

Miss Doronjo
March 19th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Tales of Graces.

To be honest, I do love the game, but, I wouldn't say that it's my favorite Tales of Game of all time. I mean... The child arc was okay, but, did it have to be that long? Well, it wasn't as long as the Main arc, and the Future arc, but, to be, it could of been shorter, and still had the plot of the story intact. But, that's just in my opinion.

Ephemeral Euphoria
March 19th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Managed to beat Mass Effect 3 on Insanity difficulty last night, just another thing to brag about to my buds now lol.

Marina A. Silver
March 20th, 2013, 03:45 PM
The last game I completed was Dante's Inferno on the Xbox with my friend when it first came out. I slept over at her place and we tag teamed the game for a whole weekend straight beating all the difficulty levels.

dungeonmaster201
March 20th, 2013, 11:33 PM
The last game that I have Completed was Pokemon Ash gray and I did it via "Lets Play"
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLonCBUBaNpSGlchOawi2W0C8WrhswOqMW&feature=view_all

I was quite proud that I managed to finish it as well as defea the elite four on it. now I am working on my Fallout 3 Lets Play.

thedestinedblade
March 21st, 2013, 09:23 PM
FE9 (Path of Radiance) was the latest game I finished. Honestly, just a couple of minutes ago too. Been through the game about 4-5 times, but after going through Awakening, I kinda felt like playing it again after so long. Hey, it's still fun and I still prefer it over FE10 too, lol. No idea Tormod could become so beastly since he's absolute garbage in the sequel. :laugh:

CarcharOdin
March 22nd, 2013, 06:31 PM
I just completed System Shock 2.

Yeah...they definitely set up for a sequel they never made.

On the other hand, the game is fun and creepy as hell. I can see why it was such a big deal back in the day. SHODAN's taunting, dominating, tormenting personality makes her such an endearing villain, as well.

Lilith
March 22nd, 2013, 10:07 PM
Earlier today, I got the platinum trophy in Far Cry 3. I had the game since the 16th, so I completed it rather quickly. I only looked up a video when I couldn't find a few items within ten minutes of searching. Other than that, I was playing it rather blind. Although I enjoyed the story and gameplay overall, I didn't find much to do after I finished my goals.

The trophy guide I was following never mentioned that I would have to get the multiplayer trophies by either paying $10 to play online or play splitscreen with myself. ;___; Now, I am actually happy I have a twin brother and another controller, haha.

Cherrim
March 22nd, 2013, 11:36 PM
Played and beat flower last night. I really didn't like it. The tilt controls were beyond difficult for me to use, the lack of direction and subsequent nonstop hand-holding (followed by more abandonment and then hand holding again) was annoying at best, and while the visuals were sometimes pretty, the grass (of which there was a lot) usually just looked like someone used the grass tool in Photoshop and it was really distractingly generic. :/

I went into both Journey and flower with such high hopes because everyone ADORES them but wow I disliked both of them a lot. I don't understand why because based on the internet's general description of both games, they fall squarely into like every genre I usually like.

Serene Grace
March 23rd, 2013, 02:27 AM
It's been a while since I've played and completed a game. Apparently these things called "real life responsibilities", "school" and "work" soon start to take over your life, especially when you're in the second year of Sixth Form here in the UK.

Nevertheless, Far Cry 3 is the latest completed game for me. By completed, I mean to say that I've earned every Steam achievement for it as it is an open world game, I guess you can never truly complete it - but I think every Steam achievement is pretty much there, right?

Autaven
March 23rd, 2013, 05:58 AM
Completed Lego Harry Potter 5-7 on PS3, but I have many hours left until I've completed all the free play and character unlocks :)

Ephemeral Euphoria
March 25th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Finished Homefront an hour ago, short but sweet is what came to mind honestly. MOH 08 is still my personal favorite FPS though.

extremegunner
March 26th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Dead Space 3. Love the deep weapon customization. Bullets are weighty and it is extremely satisfying to rip things to shred. Hated the angsty traingle love.

Talli
March 26th, 2013, 07:31 AM
The Dog Island on the Wii, bought it for my daughter but decided to complete it myself.

Yukiyo Kayume
March 30th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Fire Emblem Awakening was the last game i completed~ im playing through it again though

Naturalles
March 30th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Just finished Call of Duty: World at War. C:

Yay for FPS.

Tetrakeet
March 30th, 2013, 12:52 PM
It's been ages since I completed a game...I think the last one was Fallout 3.

Doppelgänger
March 31st, 2013, 07:43 AM
It's been awhile since I fully completed a game, but it was Black 2. I completed the pokedex and all that good stuff.

Arcturus.
March 31st, 2013, 07:55 AM
I just completed Mass Effect the other day, then I imported my character to Mass Effect 2. I'm not sure if I've completed any other games though.

Railgun
March 31st, 2013, 07:56 AM
For me it was Storm 3. The final fight against the tailed beast was funny till the 7 tails which just was annoying....

The_Consumer
April 1st, 2013, 03:18 AM
Finished off GTA Vice City yesterday morning :p

Aeon
April 1st, 2013, 11:44 PM
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon the ending made me daaww

Foxrally
April 2nd, 2013, 12:02 AM
Assassin's Creed 2. I gave that templar a good butt-whacking. :D

t3chvoid
April 3rd, 2013, 09:42 AM
The last game i beat was...... Monkey Island 5 - for the Wii! :) SOOOOO fun!

Arcturus.
April 3rd, 2013, 10:43 AM
I just finished Mass Effect 2 in record time, and I saved everyone in the suicide mission. On to Mass Effect 3!

waveguidebuizel
April 3rd, 2013, 04:27 PM
Harmoknight~! ^-^ I just finished the main story last night and began with the post-game. So fun, but man it gets tough!

Luna3415
April 8th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Last week I played Final Fantasy X till the end, did not do these side quests because they can be very irritating (did them some other time)

Minato Arisato
April 8th, 2013, 06:04 PM
The last game I completed was...Skyward Sword. I think. College is eating up too much of my time. All I can think of right now are finals that the professors are looming over our heads...

aar2697
April 8th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Spyro the Dragon. That was probably a couple months ago. I don't play video games a ton.

ZetaZaku
April 8th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Jeanne D'Arc for PSP. It was a fun ride, but too easy. Levels make a huge difference. Being just two levels lower than the opponent, and you'll have trouble dealing with them. And if you're two levers higher, you'll easily kill most enemies. At least it made me use ALL characters, as at the end of the game, everyone was higher than Lv. 55. I like how they dealt with Jeanne's death in the whole story.

T!M
April 9th, 2013, 01:41 AM
As cliche as it may be, I recently finished the story of Black.

Tyrael
April 11th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Other than a Pokemon game, the last game I finished was RuneScape. After 7 years of having my account, 340 days logged playing(which is about 8160 hours, give or take a few hundred XD), and a TON of work, I managed to fully max my account and obtain a Completionist's Cape before being perm banned :3

Nuke
April 11th, 2013, 04:34 PM
I finished the single player of Forza Horizon earlier today.

Now to round up the collectibles.

Elephantomsk
April 11th, 2013, 10:43 PM
I finished the main story to Team Fortress 2. Wonderful game. Great plot. Yes. Quite.

machomuu
April 13th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Just beat DynaMarisa 3D. It was a nice little Touhou TPS, really high quality for an indie game, even for a Touhou Doujin. Then again, it's made by Twilight Frontier, so I expected as much. It's recommend it to people who like Earth Defense Force, as that's where the game gets its basing.

tigerBLADE
April 13th, 2013, 09:54 AM
I've finally beaten Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages.

It was long, it was tedious, it had so much puzzles, but, it was still a pretty good game overall! I almost forgot to upgrade my sword until I remembered I still had that Dumbell. Hm. The only thing difficult was finding Maple, but, notheless, it was all good.

Naturalles
April 13th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Finally finished Call of Duty: World at War.

I'll complete Veteran mode.

Cheshireson
April 13th, 2013, 12:18 PM
I actually just finished playing through The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on the GameCube a third time a couple of days ago. It's quite a spectacular game, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Altairis
April 13th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Fire Emblem Awakening! I finished on the easiest setting, so I restarted again.

Shadowraze
April 16th, 2013, 04:49 AM
I finished CoD Black Ops again yesterday so I think it's an achievement on finishing it the 5th time. :)

LilJz
April 16th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 :)

I literally spent the whole day playing the game and finished it around 2am, great game :D

Kitori
April 17th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Ugh.. I'm so bad at finishing games... the last one I beat was White 2... heh. ^_^;;; At least I know I'll always finish a pokemon game? :3

tabor62
April 17th, 2013, 09:56 PM
The last game I beat was Fire Emblem Awakening a few weeks ago. I defeated the final boss in one hit because I got a critical on it :l I'm still playing it though, trying to get most of my characters reclassed, promoted, reclassed again, and then leveled to 20 (or 30 for some).

Yusshin
April 18th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Hmm... Probably Black. I don't have a lot of time to play games... I'm about halfway done Kirby's Epic Yarn, though.

Oshamaru
April 18th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. It was really enjoyable.
But the last game I beat non-Pokémon wise was Fire Emblem Awakening. I have 99 hours in it lol.

I'm doing another FE: Awakening Run in Lunatic-Classic. :3

Mochi
April 18th, 2013, 12:32 PM
BioShock Infinite

That... ending x_o

Major Fullbuster
April 20th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days. The story was just.....ebgfdfhasj......AND you get to play as Marluxia in mission mode.

AniRain
April 30th, 2013, 10:56 AM
If we're talking just the storyline then Sonic Generations.If we're talking completed with all ending/ all stuff etc then Virtues Last Reward.

On My way to completing Pandora's Tower and The Last Story too.

Cherrim
May 2nd, 2013, 09:44 AM
Beaten quite a few things since I last posted here, haha. Oops.

- Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (HD)
- Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (HD)
- Picross e2
- Kirby's Epic Yarn
- Exit DS

Only ones really worth mentioning are probably the KH games though. The others are all puzzle games or KEY which took maybe 6 hours. :P But KH was lots of fun to go back to and though I was a little underlevelled in KHFM and way overlevelled in KHCOM (I prefer them to be the other way around <<), I loved going back to the games.

T!M
May 2nd, 2013, 12:36 PM
Halo 2

Waited a week to get it in the mail. The Postal Guy was a bit scared when I beat him to the mailbox with my hands out.

stranger
May 3rd, 2013, 08:26 AM
Pretty sure the last game I finished was the newest Tomb Raider. Fantastic game I have to admit also, Square Enix really do need to continue titles like that, they're one of the bet developers out there. It was a bit short however, and while I've never actually played it, I know that it had a similar sort of gameplay mechanic to Unchartered. What I'd love to see is a continuation of the series with a more expansive area and slightly less repetition. I wouldn't be too against the idea of a more open-world esque version of the game. Regardless, it was a great journey, despite not being a fan of the origin games.

I'm on the brink of finishing Assassin's Creed 3, but I find it to be a really rough, rushed, and buggy game, so I'm not too pushed. The online play is fantastic however, that was the saving grace for me. Hopefully just going to push on with Borderlands 2 and FEZ in the meantime however!

sρεcтяα
May 4th, 2013, 10:43 PM
After just over a month, I finally managed to get the Platinum for Final Fantasy XIII last night...I'm not entirely sure why I did it though; I don't think much of the game, but I hadn't touched it since I first bought it (launch day; over 3 years ago) and figured I'd pick it up again...and one thing led to another. It feels good to get it out the way, though. Will probably move onto the sequel now, which I've not played at all...hopefully it's a bit more bearable.

Keiran
May 5th, 2013, 03:47 AM
I beat Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn on Hard/Maniac mode last night. It was much more boring than difficult, because you hardly get EXP on hard mode. Which when combined with how outrageously imbalanced the characters are (a lot of them are unusable without hours of grinding self-healing priests), made for a really dull experience. Pigeon-holing is lame regardless of difficulty.

So needless to say I'm gonna play through it again using these forsaken characters. :]

Teanji
May 5th, 2013, 04:05 AM
The most recent game that I've beaten would have to be... Faster Than Light. Wow, that actually took me ages to think of, since I'm playing so, so many at once and simply haven't finished any of them yet. It felt extremely exhilarating as well, because damn that game can be unfair!

randall23
May 5th, 2013, 04:26 AM
It Was Pokemon Ruby Destiny Reign of Legends.I completed it to the end in one day.
Even though it was hard.