PDA

View Full Version : Bedtimes: How late is too late?

LividZephyr
October 11th, 2012, 10:28 PM
It's 1:30 am here and I'm still up.

Is this... bad? Is this... normal? I really should have gone to bed over an hour ago... this is too late for me. What time do you typically go to bed? How late is too late?

voltianqueen
October 11th, 2012, 10:31 PM
My favorite bedtime is between 4 and 7am. For me, after that is too late, but sometimes I stay up anyway.

Jamais
October 11th, 2012, 10:54 PM
If I don't have work in the morning, it isn't uncommon for me to stay up until 2 or 3 AM. Even when I know I've got to be up at 7:00, I still find myself staying up until about 1:00 most nights. This probably is too late, but then again, some people need more sleep than others.

Wateria
October 12th, 2012, 01:16 AM
It dephends on the day of the week for me

mon-fri 12am due to school the next day
sat-sun I don't sleep

Patchisou Yutohru
October 12th, 2012, 01:48 AM
Anytime past 3:00 is when I start to feel like I really should head to bed. As it is, my job is very physically demanding, so it takes a lot of energy out of me, and when I finally do go to sleep, I usually sleep until around 11:00 - 1:00 no matter what time I go to bed.

Went
October 12th, 2012, 01:54 AM
I don't function properly after 2 AM. If I'm still awake after that time, my mind starts thinking on "man how nice it would be to be sleeping right now" and it becomes impossible for me to think of anything else anymore XD Not fun.

Sora
October 12th, 2012, 01:57 AM
These days it just seems that as long as I get eight hours in the past twenty four hours I'm good. Can't say that I've had a 'bedtime' lately that isn't "early" or "late". Just whenever I feel tired and go to sleep. I should fix that but it's not going to be tonight that I do.

Kouzan
October 12th, 2012, 02:20 AM
I try not to stay up past 4am , but someday, I can get distracted or not be able to sleep and stay up to 5-7am. Lately, I've been trying not to stay up too late.

Captain Fabio
October 12th, 2012, 03:00 AM
Week days, I won't be awake any longer than 11PM, because I am up crazy early for work. Weekends however, whenever I am tired, whether that be 1am or 3am.

curiousnathan
October 12th, 2012, 03:16 AM
I'm usually in bed around 11pm, and then eventually fall asleep at 11:30pm due to browsing on here for the half and hour on my iPod, haha. (That's on weekdays, where I have school the next morning). Surprisingly I can cope well and still process things pretty well with a little lack of sleep. On weekends, I'm usually up to 12pm - 1am, depending if I feel tired or not.

The Works
On weekdays, I'm supposed to be sleeping by 9PM because of school, but sometimes I get distracted and end up sleeping at 11. When that happens, I end up feeling really tired and sleepy at school.

On weekends, I usually stay up to 1AM. After 2AM I feel like I'm supposed to be in bed and occasionally I lie down and end up sleeping while the computer is still on.

Bela
I go to bed really 'late' nowadays. Usually that's some time around now, about 6 or 7 am. I've stayed up till noon or later a few times, but that's really only to reset my sleep schedule so it's more in line with the people around me.

Toujours
October 12th, 2012, 03:18 AM
I usually sleep between 2 and 3 nowadays, no matter when I need to get up. That's just when I start getting tired.

Guillermo
October 12th, 2012, 03:27 AM
Doesn't bother me as long as I get at least 10 hours sleep on weekends and on weekdays, about 7.

Hannah
October 12th, 2012, 03:50 AM
I'm a kid who lives in the Philippines. In a private school, classes start at 7 AM. Therefore I should sleep early, around 7 or 8 PM, so I could wake up at 5:10 AM. Crazy.

Sammi
October 12th, 2012, 07:24 AM
It all depends on when I need to get up. For a later shift, being up until 1-2AM isn't too bad. For a 9AM shift, that's far too late. If I don't have to get up at any time the next day, it's only late if it's 4AM. :p I've really got to set my sleeping schedule better.

Kura
October 12th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Anything later than 2AM is crazy late for me because I work weekdays.
Weekends? No limit.

PlatinumDude
October 12th, 2012, 09:15 AM
If it's past midnight, then I consider it too late, regardless of whether it's a weekday or a weekend.

princeofpoop
October 12th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Anything after 12 AM is too late to be considered a "bedtime" IMO. Unless it's a weekend, or if you have nothing to do the next day.

Sylphiel
October 12th, 2012, 10:36 AM
I tend to think "too late" is just any time where you won't get enough sleep before the next day. Going to bed three hours before you have to be up for something? ....yeah, way too late a bedtime.

I personally tend to find myself going to bed around... 3 or 4 am, assuming I have nothing else going on the next day. If I have to wake up early...1 or 2 am at the very latest.

I've never been able to kick my night owl habit no matter what time I have to wake up. :(

GolurkIsDaBomb
October 12th, 2012, 10:49 AM
I go to sleep by 12. Not that I can't function past 12 with ease, but waking up at 6 is nightmarish enough as it is without getting 6 or less hours. On the weekends it can range from 12-2 usually, but I try to go tos leep so I can deal with the next week. :/

Also, I can't sleep in on the weekends anymore because my body is used to waking up before the sun rises, so that's why I try to get a solid night of sleep.

October 12th, 2012, 12:04 PM
I don't usually have trouble waking up, so I guess I don't have a specific time I need to get to bed by. But on most days whether it be weekdays or weekends, I find myself falling asleep by 1am anyways.

LividZephyr
October 12th, 2012, 02:18 PM
I guess I'm a lightweight for desiring a midnight bedtime xD

I feel like staying awake as long as I'm not tired, and napping during the day probably pushes my bedtime too. I'm trying to do what I can to be in bed at a decent time so I can get up around 8 am because that's healthy, but... I typically thrash in bed until after 1 anyway. Or play games on my phone.

I hate living with my parents because they're strict about it. Can't wait until I can get a job and move out...

Broken_Arrow
October 12th, 2012, 02:59 PM
well,i don't have a special time i enjoy my time with people or even alone whenever i feel sleepy i just go to sleep but been a long while i go to sleep in the morning like 9 am or maybe after that too for some reasons.....but now since i'm no more of jobless i have to sleep early to wake up early....however i loved being a night owl T-T

Razer302
October 12th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Based on my last few nights. If you can call it that. 2 nights ago was 7am, today was about 2pm (yes I stayed up 22 hours) on average though. I normally sleep around 7am and get up about 2pm, I work evening shifts starting at 3pm which is why I am always up so late, I have my day after I finish compared to before I go to work.

AChipOffTheOldBrock
October 12th, 2012, 05:04 PM
I just go to bed whenever I get tired, usually around 12 nowadays. I think 6-8 hours is optimal. At least once a week I will end up trying to goto bed earlier and not be able to fall asleep until 4 or 5 in the morning.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 14th, 2012, 10:57 PM
I have no set bedtime, and lately it's been around 4-5 in the morning, In those cases, I rarely get more than 5 hours of sleep before I awaken again, and I pay for it dearly... I'll often fall asleep in the early afternoon and wake up around dinner time. My body's internal clock is really messed up as far as sleep is concerned.

Hikamaru
October 15th, 2012, 03:13 AM
I guess 1am is considered too late cos if I end up staying awake past that time I find my performance at work the next day diminish.

It's not a big deal for me if it's a weekend though. Most days I usually find myself sleeping by 2am.

Catholic Nun
October 15th, 2012, 05:38 AM
I've slowly trained myself to function later and later. Now I go to bed at 2am and read until 3am... then I get up anywhere between 9:30 and 11 depending on how I feel in the morning.

In answer to the question - it's never too late! Go to bed when you're tired lol

Playful_Weasel
October 15th, 2012, 05:11 PM
As long as I don't have to wake up early the next day, I may sleep at 3:30 or 4:00 in the morning. Other wise I'll plan my sleep so I can get 8 hours of sleep. Tonight I have to sleep early (tomorrow morning I have doctor's appointment)

AzaleaLightning
October 15th, 2012, 05:22 PM
It all depends on what time I have to wake up in the morning.

Like tomorrow, I have to get up at 7 so I'll probably be asleep before or at midnight.

But if there's no agenda then sleep is for the weak.

Mariah Carey
October 15th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Even though I have to be up at 6:30 for work, I don't often go to sleep until 1-2am, occasionally 3am. But on weekends, I just stay up until whenever, usually 2-3am, 4am if there's something really exciting on the internet. Otherwise, my decision to fall asleep is dictated by how often I think how utterly amazing sleep would be if I went to sleep right this very second.
Since I work in a clothes store, I have to interact with people, so being tired, or at least looking tired, isn't an option. Of course, since I have had the look of a very tired person since about 2008, I make it an option. Yay for being a great employee!

Sheep
October 15th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I stay up until 12-2AM nowadays, even when I have to be up at 8AM or so. Very hard for me to go before 12 unless I'm just not feeling well.

Cosmotone8
October 16th, 2012, 02:29 AM
I always turn in before 11:00 usually but I never ever sleep in past 7:30.

Ardent
October 16th, 2012, 11:27 PM
I've practically become nocturnal. xD
No matter how much sleep I get I usually feel tired during the day,whilst I feel like I just woke up as soon as it turns to night.
It's probably not the best since it leaves me just slightly reclusive in the daytime hours. x/

Avishka
October 17th, 2012, 06:34 AM
i sleep around 11:30pm everyday bcuz my parents don't allow me stay awake after11:30pm even in vacations :( :(

Twilight Sky
October 17th, 2012, 07:17 AM
If I have work the next day(depending on whether I open or close), I sleep sometime between 12:30 or 1 AM.

If I don't have work, then I can stay up as late as 3 AM before I go to bed. Doesn't really bother me. /shrugs

Shiny Celebi
October 17th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Usually 1:30 or 2 is too late for me, if I stay up that long I feel really tired the next day. I try to go to bed at 1 at the latest.

Minerva
October 17th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Between 12:30 am to 3 am every day. I'm a night student at college who gets out of class at 9-9:40 every day, so I am bound to stay up till that time just doing homework/browsing da net. :P

Seki
October 17th, 2012, 11:32 PM
11pm onwards is late for me. I'm such a kid :(. That's just because I have to wake up 6am every day to go to school since school starts at 7.30am for me.

The Sly Fox
October 20th, 2012, 02:08 PM
During the week I go to bed around 11pm because I have classes early the next morning. During the weekends, I stay up to whenever really, like 2-3am.