PDA

View Full Version : Dreams for the Future

AChipOffTheOldBrock
October 12th, 2012, 05:09 PM
If you arent an adult what do you want to do when you grow up? What do you hope to achieve before you die? What is most important to you?

I dont have very many plans. I just want to have an easy job and enough money to live comfortably. For some reason I really want to have a hot tub in my living room. I think if I can watch tv/read/play videogames in a hot tub in my living room even if I live in a small plain house and dont make much money Ill be happy. Thats the most important thing to me is happiness. The only thing I want to achieve in life is peace of mind and contentment.

Not very high goals some might say but whatever.

Hannah
October 12th, 2012, 05:46 PM
I have big dreams. My mom taught me to dream big, and to think positive. Mainly, my goal is to become a best-selling author in New York. To have a book with a stamp that says, "New York's Best Selling Author" is a big deal for me. I dream to receive a Nobel Prize on awesomeness. It's a modern world now, and I bet people will start making awards like that. I want to finish school, with a bachelor's degree on journalism or landscape architecture. I want to be on the school books of children in elementary. I want to be known for something great, and I want to leave a mark on this world. I want my face to be known all over the universe. Also, I'd like to become a Canadian citizen and marry Justin Bieber.

AChipOffTheOldBrock
October 12th, 2012, 05:51 PM
I have big dreams. My mom taught me to dream big, and to think positive. Mainly, my goal is to become a best-selling author in New York. To have a book with a stamp that says, "New York's Best Selling Author" is a big deal for me. I dream to receive a Nobel Prize on awesomeness. It's a modern world now, and I bet people will start making awards like that. I want to finish school, with a bachelor's degree on journalism or landscape architecture. I want to be on the school books of children in elementary. I want to be known for something great, and I want to leave a mark on this world. I want my face to be known all over the universe. Also, I'd like to become a Canadian citizen and marry Justin Bieber.

Thats about the opposite of me. My mom always taught me to think realistically and that nothing ever goes right in life. Im a pretty big time pessimist. I couldnt care less what "the world" thought of me and I'd quite like to kill Justin Bieber.

dʒɹʌmpfʼt̚
October 12th, 2012, 06:47 PM
I don't care what the world thinks of me, but I'm going to make a difference.

I want to be remembered for what I do rather than who I am.

Nothing will go right, that's for sure, but there's always one thing in life that will. It's scientifically proven! Just ask Heisenberg :3

That being said I want to be a musician, so that's quite a challenge :p

LividZephyr
October 12th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I'm not a kid, but I still have dreams. Like Laugh, I have passion to write New York Times bestseller, and I also want to marry the girl of my dreams who can give me the motivation to do that.

Trust me... that would be enough :)

Plumpyfoof
October 12th, 2012, 08:30 PM
I have only long and short term goals, nothing in between.

The end of my High school career is less than a month away and it's really daunting.
I want to finish year 12 with a decent score or at least above 65. Then I want to get wrecked on schoolies.
Then It's Christmas and New Years.
Then I want to get a new job. Get accepted in the Sound production course I'm applying for.
And then blank.

Perhaps I'll become a Studio engineer, or a Music producer.
Maybe I can get my Masters degree in Sound production and short-cut my way into a PhD of physics with a major in sound and waveforms.
Doctor, that's what I want to be.

Guillermo
October 12th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Since I started Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu years ago, I've always wanted to be involved in the martial arts scene as an adult. In a perfect world where everything goes right, I'll end up in the UFC. Realistically I'll probably end up fighting in small tournaments but hey, a man can dream. If none of that works out I'll definitely hit up the personal training. It's nothing spectacular, but it makes me happy and that's all that matters!

Plumpyfoof
October 12th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Since I started Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu years ago, I've always wanted to be involved in the martial arts scene as an adult. In a perfect world where everything goes right, I'll end up in the UFC. Realistically I'll probably end up fighting in small tournaments but hey, a man can dream. If none of that works out I'll definitely hit up the personal training. It's nothing spectacular, but it makes me happy and that's all that matters!

Personal training is actually a tough gig to get into, a few of my friends next year are going on to Uni to study for it.
Of course if you have the right contacts then certifications are relatively useless.
Good luck with the UFC!!

Frostweaver
October 12th, 2012, 11:06 PM
A simple one that should be totally doable: meet up with 4 particular friends that I've met online in PC that as of today, I know them for a full decade. I want to meet up with them in real life. I met up with 22sa as it turns out he lived in the same city as me (and I go to the same school as his sister haha). So there's still old praetor Kairi, former mod/current league of legend e-celebrity Lilypichu, and of course former mod Oni Flygon~

One of these days, I'll meet with all of them~

Razor Leaf
October 13th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Hm. I don't think this is a massively discussion-worthy thread so I'll move it off over to OVP for that reason. For future reference, please read this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7222232&postcount=3) and feel free to PM me if you have further questions.

Kura
October 13th, 2012, 07:30 AM
I'm already basically an adult, and I've worked hard in life to achieve my goals. I am working in my field of choice which is animation; and I am an animator for a games studio at the moment. Perhaps one day I would love to do feature animation if I can get a job with that, and have some anims I did for that in my reel.
I would also like to have/ invest in some property or have my own nice house. I would like to eventually get married and have a good relationship with my husband throughout the years of my marriage. I'd love to have a games room or entertainment room in my place, too. Maybe in a renovated basement with a nice sound system, a mini bar, and some arcade machines scattered about (maybe a pool table?) for when friends or guests come over, and on the side to have a nice bookshelf with all my artbooks and figurines.
I'd also like to be a well known cosplayer. I know I need to attend more expos for that and life is busy right now, but when I can, I try to create great cosplays and improve my sewing skills.
I also want to never stop growing as an artist and become a respected member in my industry.

Obviously steady good income, good health, and happiness is standard too. :3

AChipOffTheOldBrock
October 13th, 2012, 07:47 AM
It's nothing spectacular, but it makes me happy and that's all that matters!
This guy gets it.

And alright, I was wondering if this was the right section to put this in.

Catholic Nun
October 15th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Dreaming small isn't dreaming at all, in my opinion. I wouldn't call 'living comfortably and within my means' a dream. I like to think that if you have a dream, you go bigger. You close your eyes and you think "what is the highest height I dare think of?" and then go a bit higher still.

I dream of being an author and sitting on the couch across from Ellen DeGeneres or Chelsea Handler to plug my book because it's just so hilarious and witty and smart that it gets TV coverage even though it's just a book and I'm not otherwise famous. That's my dream.

Then I want a movie to be made from that book... even if it's a book about the history of garden gnomes.