PDA

View Full Version : When dressing yourself, do you focus more on looks or comfort?

princeofpoop
October 14th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Title says most.

I personally combine both, so I'll wear clothes that look good and feel good.

October 14th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Most days I'm gonna be lazy and dress for comfort. But I still think style is very important and will have those days where I sacrifice comfort for looks. I either feel good physically when I'm wearing something comfortable or mentally when I'm wearing something that I like looks-wise, so it's a win-win.

Overlord Drakow
October 14th, 2012, 12:53 PM
I try to combine both as well but if I had to choose one or the other, I would take comfort over style.

shenanigans
October 14th, 2012, 01:06 PM
It depends on what I'm dressing for and if I'm going out or not. Obviously if I'm going out then looks and if I'm not then comfort.

Victini
October 14th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Comfort for me. ^^;

I tend to be satisfied mentally if I'm comfortable, even if it doesn't look that good. I'll only dress up real nicely for special occasions.
If I don't have to dress up or if I don't feel obligated to, I guess I'm going out in really baggy clothes. ;w;

Kura
October 14th, 2012, 01:22 PM
It depends on what I'm dressing for and if I'm going out or not. Obviously if I'm going out then looks and if I'm not then comfort.

This basically. I always look presentable for work but I like to be comfortable too. I usually wear a hoodie to work~

I love shorts over leggings but it's way too cold for that now :c..

I need a new winter coat because my old one is way too big for me now.

Tranca
October 14th, 2012, 02:00 PM
I would only focus on appearance for a job interview. Otherwise, I avoid vanity to the greatest extent possible.

Sylphiel
October 14th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Unless I absolutely need to look good for something, then...comfort. Nearly all the way.

I say "nearly" because if I plan on going out somewhere in public (even up to the store), I try not to look totally mismatched. Even then, it'll merely be a t-shirt and pants/shorts - something nice and easy to wear.

Toshiro.
October 14th, 2012, 02:07 PM
When I go out, looks. I'm sort of self conscious about that stuff. I like to look nice for other people.

When I stay in, comfort obviously.

antemortem
October 14th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Not to parrot everyone else, but I try to focus on both. When it comes to shirts and shorts, I go with what's comfortable (not too restricting) but it can't look ratty and shabby, like I'm not trying just a little, though when it comes to shoes I'm really metrosexual about how they look. Of course, I won't go as far as wearing a size three shoe on my size twelve feet just because they look cool.

Oh but when it comes to around the house I wear as little as possible sweatshorts (most of the time) and a loose fitting shirt. xD

King Goodra
October 14th, 2012, 03:32 PM
I focus more on looks because I feel better when I feel I look better. The clothes that I buy I buy because are already comfortable.

Gold warehouse
October 14th, 2012, 03:39 PM
You can really achieve both if you look around enough.

Make a day out of it, go in every store there is (bar nordstrom), try on anything that you like the look/feel of, there's always a hidden gem in there.

Dixie Kong
October 14th, 2012, 03:40 PM
I like to look good, cause if I look good, I'll feel good too, like Nick already said. But most of the time, I wake up and don't feel like getting ready and getting dressed so I try to do a kind of thing where I'm dressed down, but still dressed up. Use some accessories and such and nice make up and you got it. I also don't like dressing up on days I don't see my boyfriend, cause you know, I want him to see me looking good haha. Otherwise I feel like it's wasted.

Shiny Celebi
October 14th, 2012, 04:38 PM
I like wearing clothes that both look good and feel good, though this can be hard. A lot of nice looking clothes arent very comfortable. I prefer wearing comfy clothes like jeans and tea shirts/sweaters, though I try to go for ones that also look good.

Sandshrew4
October 14th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Comfort. Though I guess I dont have a choice because I dont care how i look so I just buy comfortable clothes. When I wake up, I just throw on whatever's on top in my drawer.

Sammi
October 14th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Ideally, both. Most of the time, though, comfort over looks. Because if I'm going out of the house, usually it's just to go grab some food or do some shopping somewhere. I don't bother to look amazing. Only care about how good I look when I'm going out to actually socialize. It's so rare that overall, comfort is best for me.

I've really got to be more concerned. :(

Hikamaru
October 15th, 2012, 03:18 AM
The only time I would focus on looks is if I had to go to a fancy occasion like a job interview.

Otherwise, I'd focus on comfort, especially me preferring to wear trackpants rather than jeans. Comfy clothes always look nice on me.

Plumpyfoof
October 15th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Looks, always looks. If I'm not going anywhere people will see me why not run around in my undies?

Hannah
October 15th, 2012, 04:00 AM
Both, really. I'm a fashionista most of the time, and I won't wear anything unless it's comfortable. It's as simple as that.

Shining Raichu
October 15th, 2012, 05:41 AM
I try to look good, but I hate clothes shopping and most of the clothes I own are nerdy T-shirts and either jeans or shorts that will go with any T-shirt I pick out. I very rarely dress "up" so I guess overall I'd say comfort.

I don't think I look "bad" though, I just don't make that much of an effort.

Esper
October 15th, 2012, 09:42 AM
I focus more on looks because I feel better when I feel I look better.
This is how I feel. I feel comfortable when I look nice. I don't totally disregard comfort though. I try to be as comfortable as I can without sacrificing how I look.

But some days I just don't care how I look. Those are the days when I don't want to be around people though so maybe I still do.

Wateria
October 15th, 2012, 09:59 AM
As I really don't care what I wear so I go for comfort

PlatinumDude
October 15th, 2012, 10:01 AM
I go for both looks and comfort whenever I dress myself up.

Are there Oceans in Space?
October 15th, 2012, 11:03 AM
All comfort. Anything stylish is just bonus.

Mochi
October 15th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Right now I'm all into big hoodies and skinny jeans.

I like fashion, but I'm really ehh about it too. It's a love-hate thing.

YungKnowledge
October 15th, 2012, 11:58 AM
When I'm going to work or somewhere fancy I go for looks. Everyday and school I go for comfort I love basketball shorts, skate shoes, and hoodies.

LividZephyr
October 15th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Comfort matters most, as long as it still looks good. Would you rather look "sexy" in something you'd be uncomfortable in or just be you and be comfortable?

Yeah, I thought so xD

Cosmotone8
October 16th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Try to take both if possible but if absolutely necessary I will choose style over comfort.

Cherrim
October 16th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Comfort, definitely. Most of my clothes are just t-shirts and jeans so generally while I won't look very nice, I don't really have to worry about coordinating styles and colours all that much. I just don't buy things that aren't comfortable unless it's for a formal occasion and I don't attend very many of those. Every job I've had has also been casual wear or uniformed so I just have to worry about presenting myself in class and to friends/roommates which isn't too terribly high on my priority list. :P

TRIFORCE89
October 16th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Both?

I buy and wear clothes that are comfortable for me. But, at the same time I try to pick stuff that looks good, or that I think I look good in, etc. Comfort is priority but it doesn't detract from look

Sora
October 16th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Comfort. I'll at least try to look decently nice/match when I'm going out but otherwise as long as I have a shirt and some sort of bottoms I'm good. Only time I go for looks or try to at least be more towards the middle is when there is a special occasion that I have to attend.

Crux
October 16th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Kukuku...i'm deceptively dressed for comfort. xp
Usually just some jeans and a T for me,but I try to wear a nice T when i'm out. xD

F1refly
October 16th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Comfortable shorts, comfortable T-Shirt, no shoes and my fedora like hat. That's for at home or wandering around town or if I'm going somewhere where it's not formal. Work or formal places, Black Jeans, Black or White Shirt, Blue........trainer things (we call them Tekkies here in SA). I dress mainly for comfort but do occasionally wear more formal clothes.

Zozma
October 17th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Always comfort. I pretty much live in pajamas unless I have to go out and then it's just a t-shirt, jeans, and hoodie.

Avishka
October 17th, 2012, 06:47 AM
always comfort ^^
i don't like wearing uncomfortable clothes but it also depends on what I'm dressing for and if I'm going out or not

Twilight Sky
October 17th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Both, though honestly I'm a huge fashion diva so I try to emphasize more on looks than anything else. u_u I like to look good wherever I am, so yeah!

Broken_Arrow
October 17th, 2012, 12:43 PM
sometimes comfort,sometimes looks....well more comfort specially in the morning outs...i care for my look whenever i'm in the mood to care but i care morein home than out! *w00t* yeah i'm weird like this ^.^

93Aiwass
October 18th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Comfort is queen, though you'll never find me in anything unstylish because it's comfortable. I would never wear sweat pants unless it's yoga time partly because I feel it would be hypocritical to wear sweat pants when I think they are ugly on others.

This is double for me being a larger woman - because I don't want my stomach poking out or anything like that - I want to be classy instead of featured on People of Walmart, so it's about finding that balance.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 22nd, 2012, 01:05 PM
Comfort unless I'm going to some fancy event or something, which is about the only time I'll actually dress myself up nice.

I've never been big on fashion for myself, even if I do make sure my original trainer characters are dressed for success :P

Lozz
October 23rd, 2012, 05:21 AM
vainvainvain I am so vain. I want to look in the mirror and think- that chick is banginggggg, so when I am leaving my house I always try and look good!

I would NEVER wear trackpants in public. The only people that can get away with this are professional athletes/people off to play sport. Otherwise, no deal. I try and wear more high-waisted skirts/shorts, because they make my legs look longer... I can't remember the last time I wore jeans, and I regularly have to adjust my skirt because I went for style over comfort hahaha. No big deal though, because looking good feels good haha.

Squirrel
October 24th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Both. I dress mainly for comfort but I do care about my appearance too; I never leave the house without having showered and I try my best not to look scruffy but equally I don't really care what I'm wearing as long as it's presentable. I spend most of my time around town or around campus though and there's always a natural urge to impress other people of your age, so I do dress up sometimes just in case. ;)

Seki
October 25th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Comfort, I am that kind of person who will wear anything that is comfortable, even to the extent to wearing a shirt with many holes in it just because its comfortable to me because I've been wearing that shirt for years already.

But really, any clothes will feel comfortable once you are used wearing to it.

Playful_Weasel
October 25th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Not sure if it falls under comfort or looks. I just wear what I want to wear, as long as it's clean I will wear it. Pants or Shorts, socks, shoes. For shirt it depends on my mood - either metal music band t-shirts or soccer jerseys. Leather jacket if its cold.

Pidgey
October 26th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Quite a bit of both really. Depending on how uncomfortable the clothes are, I'm very likely to change into something else, although that only really count for clothes that are getting too small, since I won't really buy any kind of clothes that I don't feel comfortable in either. But yeah, I go for just a little decency in looks too, since I don't want to leave the house looking terrible either.

Team Fail
October 26th, 2012, 02:00 PM
I try to go for both, myself. When shopping for clothes, I try to pick clothes I like, that are also comfortable, so I don't have to worry much when choosing what to wear.

Then it all just comes down to what clothes are appropriate for where I go/what I'm doing.

Synerjee
October 30th, 2012, 01:41 AM
I focus both on looks and comfort. If I don't look good, I don't feel good. If I don't feel good, I almost certainly won't look good. Comes hand in hand.

Captain Fabio
October 30th, 2012, 03:46 AM
When I am at home and I ain't doing anything for the day, I will just wear comfortable pants, not jeans and a t-shirt or something.
Depending on where I am going when I go out, I will dress accordingly, but I don't own anything that can be considered 'not comfortable', just smart.

Khawill
October 30th, 2012, 03:50 AM
I always wear jeans, even when it is summer. I generally don't find them uncomfortable and they are good at keeping my legs warm during the winter. I never cared much for looks though, but I always dress nicely in case I need to go somewhere.

Sterling
October 30th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Always comfort, no matter where I go. Looks is just an option for me. If I'm comfortable and look my best in them, I'll go like that. I'd rather not wear super-tight clothing just to look awesome.

Forever
October 30th, 2012, 07:50 AM
I'm weird... I go for comfortable stuff, but it looks good on me too. Only problem? A lot of my clothes are from years ago and out of fashion but they make me look good and comfortable. However, I have issues with shirts because my bras always show no matter what shirts I wear and I fiddle with my shirts and (no it's not the shorts it's like my body idek) then they end up uncomfortable lmao. :x

Aegis
October 30th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Definitely comfort, pretty much the only places I go out to on a regular basis are school and the mall for groceries. Unless I know I have to look nice for something I just wear sweatpants. oops.

The Grubby Pup
October 30th, 2012, 09:04 PM
...looks. If it doesn't matches then it ain't classy. Gotta keep it fresh, yo.
Nah, but when I'm going place I do try to wear clothes that matches.
But when I'm around da house; like I am now...I don't care. I pop on just about anything. Well, not women clothing, of course. -_-