PDA

View Full Version : Your Real Name

Kura
October 14th, 2012, 04:07 PM
What is your real name? (Optional)

Do you feel comfortable sharing it online?

Do you like it? Why/Why not?

Would you change it? (If yes, to what?)

Sandshrew4
October 14th, 2012, 04:16 PM
My name is Alec. I like it cuz its pretty unique (I've met only one other Alec) and it means high-minded (Not to brag :)) Only problem is people call me Alex and in some cases (teachers) I feel rude to correct them and in others (friends ive known for seven years...) I correct them but they don't remember. I probably wouldnt change my name but if I had to, I would probably change it to something like Seamus or a scottish-like name.

Sammi
October 14th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Name's Samantha. Not shy about it; my username is a nickname for it. ;) I don't really mind sharing because it's really common. Last name, not so much (even though that's common too).

I like my name. Only thing I don't like is that it's so common. Someone says Samantha or Sam, I'll turn. And then it'll be for someone else. </3

October 14th, 2012, 08:06 PM
My name is Ryan, which I'm fine sharing online, even though it confuses people when I say I'm a girl. I've never had a problem with it to be honest, never had that desire to change it really. People do ask me that a lot, if I want to change my name. The answer is no, I like my name how it is. It can be an interesting conversation starter to say the least. :)

droomph
October 14th, 2012, 08:11 PM
My name is Shane, and my ~official~ name is Xinyu. How do you pronounce that? That's why it's so annoying.

I don't mind sharing, because it's my name. Who's gonna get my name and steal my credit card info lol

And if I wanted to change it, YES I WOULD BECAUSE ARRRGGHHHH I can't explain it, but a socially awkward asian is the farthest you can probably get from a raeging Irish dude :P

Claire*
October 14th, 2012, 08:21 PM
I think I'll just post here now. My username might be a dead giveaway... So yes I feel comfortable sharing it online, it's just a first name. :)

I really like my name, it's short and easily understood. It has a nice meaning and it also reminds me of a certain Gym Leader. I had it first! >_>

Nope, wouldn't change it. :)

Hikamaru
October 14th, 2012, 08:27 PM
What is your real name?
My real name is Nichole.

When I was still new I wouldn't share my name but now I'm comfortable with it.

I like it cos it's a unique spelling of a common name, such a shame so many people misspell it as "Nicole". I hate it when that happens to me.

I wouldn't change it cos of its uniqueness. If I did have to change it I would have been Chloe (the name I was originally going to be called).

Harley Quinn
October 14th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Christopher! I'm not uncomfortable at all about sharing my name online, it's part of getting to know a person! Quite frankly, I find it weird knowing a person only by their username. What am I going to call you if we know each other personally? "Oh man, I love you... White_Arcanine!"

I like my name. If you want to get ~technical~, my name is Christopher Robin but don't you ever dare call me that. Christopher or Chris is just fine.

Overlord Drakow
October 15th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Hmm I usually prefer not to share my real name online but it's just a personal preference and not a particularly strong one either. My name is alright though I have this temptation to change it to my online username at times as it would make me 50% more evil.

Wateria
October 15th, 2012, 01:45 AM
My real name is: Angeline( Angel for shirt) I'm okay about sharing it on Forums, but not on social sites like Facebook.

I'm okay with my name because I think I am the only one with it.

I would not change it.

curiousnathan
October 15th, 2012, 02:43 AM
My real name is -- what many already know -- Nathan. I don't have a problem with sharing it online to be honest. I'm also really happy with my name and I honestly wouldn't change it. That's who I am. I will always be a Nathan.

Hannah
October 15th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Hannah Marie Gultia Miralles. I feel proud of my name, and I'm comfortable with sharing it online, unless someone's out there to kill me. Yeah.

LividZephyr
October 15th, 2012, 01:16 PM
As I have said multiple times, I'm Andy. Not Shining Raichu Andy xD

I NEVER give my last name out online, yet three stalkers have found it out and tried to ruin me. I really can't stand those kinds of people. I am VERY uncomfortable giving out more than my first name. Andrew is a common name, after all. I see no reason to be private about that much.

If I wanted to change it, what would I change it to? Really, I'm fine with my name, common as it is, and I've given myself my own label as... myself. A leopard can't change its spots.

Kruse
October 15th, 2012, 01:22 PM
It's Sebastian.

I don't really have a problem sharing my first name online. I don't particularly hate my name, but sometimes I feel it's a tad long to say, lol.

Snowdrop
October 15th, 2012, 01:23 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No-ho-ho! No, no, no, no, nope, nerp, nada!

I have NEVER used my real name on the Internet. Nobody knows what it is, I've never even given anyone a hint to what it is. And I never will :3

Even though the odds are overwhelmingly stacked against me, if someone I knew in real life (I try not to let people know I like Pokemon or anything I else I actually like for that matter. Which is kind of odd considering I'm not into anything sick or dirty and even stay away from fandoms most of the time :P) I would be completely terrified. I have a rather definitive name and if by chance I was somehow found I would probably have to delete whatever account of mine they found. Also, I was told from a very early age never to say my name on the Internet so that habit kind of formed when I was young. I used to not like giving out even my country, so I used to go around saying (jokingly) that I was from Antarctica.

Spherical Ice
October 15th, 2012, 01:47 PM
My name is Haroun, I dont really care having my name online but I do kind of know in the back of my mind that everyone reading it is pronouncing it wrong...or at least not how my family and I pronounce it. So yeah if I could change my name I'd make it more obvious its pronounced Hah-Run rather than Hah-Roon. But yeah :D

Brendino
October 15th, 2012, 01:57 PM
What is your real name?
Brendan

*looks up* Yeah, it's no big deal to me, since my username and real name are very similar.

There's nothing wrong with it and it isn't all that common, so I'm happy with it. The only thing I don't much care for is when people call me Brandon, which has been happening to me since the beginning of kindergarten up to today.

I've got no reason to change it, since I'm happy the way it is. If there was some sort of law that mandated I change my first name, I might just change it to Brandon, or maybe swap it with my middle name.

Skara
October 15th, 2012, 02:04 PM
My name's Brandon-Lee, I was named after Bruce Lee's son.
I feel comfortable sharing my name online because for every first name there are thousands of people with that name, so it makes no difference to me.
I sort of like it, cause the guy I'm named after was pretty cool, but I'd still change it to either Asher, Austin or Blaine because those names are pretty sexy. Or maybe Amelia depending on my life choices.

shenanigans
October 15th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I don't usually share my real name on these forums. Not really sure why tbh... I just don't. I guess it's probably just because I'm a private person or something? Either way, I quite like it... when people can actually pronounce it lol. Usually I just use a more simple version of it which is way easier to say but it's quite boring. If I could change it I definitely would - to something a bit easier for most people to deal with.

Rainflower
October 15th, 2012, 03:46 PM
What is your real name?
Karin.

No problems, really. It's becoming my online alias since the first time I joined forums, blogging site, social network, and role-play forums... People even thought it's not even my real name, they thought it was really my alias.

Of course! My name is somewhat uncommon in my country, so, I consider it as unique.

I used to want to change my name to "Karen", but, nah.

Tsutarja
October 15th, 2012, 04:00 PM
My real name is Zachary, but I go by the colloquial form Zach, and have done so since my late elementary school years, though my family will still often call me by my full first name. I used to not feel comfortable when I began going online but after a while I shared my real name online (Zach) and have been doing so since (hence my PC username, for example). I like my name! Not the full name, but definitely the shortened version of it. I feel rather unique having a first name starting with the last letter of the alphabet for some odd reason.. Since I don't mind my name, I don't see a reason to change it.

Playful_Weasel
October 15th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Hello PokeCommunity, my first name is Daniel

On certain websites I won't, mainly for privacy,

I got no issues with it, I"m use to it.

I won't change it, I'm used to being called Daniel, it would be a big hassle going through name change. Many family members just call me Denny or my grandma calls me 'Denio' [Daniel with a babyish-Spanish style accent] for short

Alli
October 15th, 2012, 04:52 PM
I don't really like sharing my name online and I hate when people on PC call me by it. It's not often, but still lol! The only people that have done it are Gavin, Larry, and Klippy though so oh well. And Penatrait too probably. I am named after my paw paw and dad, but go by a shorter version of it that's spelled different from the norm. It's always misspelled on things and I never see any of those name keychains for it (you know the souvenir ones!!) and that used to make me sad as a kid. For those wondering, my real name is J-- OH whoa, gotta go shower bbl.

Toshiro.
October 15th, 2012, 04:53 PM

Michael.

Why wouldn't I?

It's alright.

Yes. I always liked the name Nathan, or Brandon.

AChipOffTheOldBrock
October 15th, 2012, 05:06 PM
What is your real name? James.

Do you feel comfortable sharing it online? Sure. Im not gonna share my last name because anonymity.

Do you like it? Why/Why not? Not really. I dont know why, doesnt really describe me I guess.

Would you change it? Yeah. To like Josh or something cool.

EvelienKN
October 15th, 2012, 05:11 PM
my name is Evelien Kodin XD
:o i don't care if you know it or not, i ame how i ame so
why acting like someone els whide a fake nickname or somthing XD

Senusret
October 15th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Marshall. My middle name is Alexander, which I'd love to have as a first name instead (AlexTheRose?)

Sheep
October 15th, 2012, 06:41 PM
My real name's Janna. A unique name for sure haha, but I think it looks and sounds pretty nice! Most people mispronounce it though. D: It's John-uh and the J is a J, not a Y sound.

Don't think I'd change it, nope! There are a few names I'd like to have, but not enough to actually drop mine.

GolurkIsDaBomb
October 15th, 2012, 07:34 PM
I personally don't feel comfortable sharing my real name online, even tough it's incredibly common, but that's just because I'm cautious and don't really share anything online. I think the most I've shared is my age, country and POSSIBLY my timezone, but that's it.

I like my name, but I kind of dislike it. :/
I go by a couple of names/nicknames, so whatever people call me sounds right, but whenever I think of my name, it just doesn't seem to fit me. Does that make sense?

I don't think I'd change it. I get confused enough as is when someone else with my name is in the same room, so having a new name... it'd just be so confusing. Plus I'm just used to my name. When I was younger I desperately wanted to change my name to Eli. ^_^ And then I think I wanted to be Zed or something? XD

Livewire
October 15th, 2012, 07:34 PM
From the Greek name Νικολαος (Nikolaos) which meant "victory of the people" from Greek νικη (nike) "victory" and λαος (laos) "people".

Pretty cool name if you ask me! A little more exotic than the traditional biblical names imo.

Tyrantrum
October 15th, 2012, 09:16 PM
My name is Michael!

It kind of just depends on the website, I guess. On here or other sociable websites, I usually just give out my first name only. On Facebook my last name is known, but that's really it.

Eh, I guess so... It's too common and boring (same goes for my last name). In school, whenever someone would misspell it as "Micheal" instead, and I'd just either tell them they spelled it wrong or jokingly tell myself to change my name to that so my name could seem somewhat unique. Unless there's someone who has it spelled like that already...? It doesn't show up as a spelling error, so it must be a correct spelling of the name! Just not mine.

I probably would! I really like the names Joel, D'mitri, Zeke, Zach, and other names I can't think of at the moment/don't want to list because there are too many.

Sora
October 15th, 2012, 09:45 PM
My real name is Tara which the most of you probably know already. Considering I use my real name as my online handle I am obviously comfortable with 'sharing' it. It started when a friend of mine called me by my real name and thus people simply started using it. Then I didn't even bother coming up with a online handle to use anywhere else. I like my name, I don't have a problem with it. Why try to hide it? As mentioned, it is just a first name. While it's not a common name there is still enough Tara's in this world to where it doesn't matter too much.

Cosmotone8
October 16th, 2012, 02:26 AM
My name (Weston) isn't too bad. I like its uniqueness (never met any other Westons) and how it sounds.Though I guess you can't guess what it means in old english.
A West Town. Original. xD
I don't think I'd change it at all. And no, I'm not giving out my last name.

Sodom
October 16th, 2012, 04:15 AM
My name's Andrew, and I like it because it's a common name but it's not one of the most common you hear around. I generally have people call me Andy because I am very allergic to formality and wank, and I find 'Andy' much less formal.. I have no trouble giving it out online, it's just a name lol.

And no I wouldn't change it! I'd change my last name though.

Interestingly I had a conversation with somebody recently and asked them what their name was because I don't really like the idea of just referring to someone by their username, and he was like "I'd rather you not know if I can help it" and I was like "oh okay..." kind of awkward and just odd in general. Just tell me your name, freakazoid.

Overlord Drakow
October 16th, 2012, 04:50 AM
My name's Andrew, and I like it because it's a common name but it's not one of the most common you hear around. I generally have people call me Andy because I am very allergic to formality and wank, and I find 'Andy' much less formal.. I have no trouble giving it out online, it's just a name lol.

And no I wouldn't change it! I'd change my last name though.

Interestingly I had a conversation with somebody recently and asked them what their name was because I don't really like the idea of just referring to someone by their username, and he was like "I'd rather you not know if I can help it" and I was like "oh okay..." kind of awkward and just odd in general. Just tell me your name, freakazoid.

1) Ehehehehe.

2) NEVER (Though you probably already know it anyway).

Keiran
October 16th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Dylan. It's derived from the Welsh word for "tide", and is a Welsh god of the sea. I was also born on the anniversary of Neptunes' discovery, a coincidence that I've always found interesting but probably unintended by my mother.

Yes, it doesn't change anything except maybe make things less awkward.

Yeah, it's okay I guess. In real life, I'm usually the only Dylan people know so that's nice. I was named after Bob Dylan which is a huge plus.

No.

Guillermo
October 16th, 2012, 05:15 AM
I don't really like sharing my name online and I hate when people on PC call me by it. It's not often, but still lol! The only people that have done it are Gavin, Larry, and Klippy though so oh well. And Penatrait too probably. I am named after my paw paw and dad, but go by a shorter version of it that's spelled different from the norm. It's always misspelled on things and I never see any of those name keychains for it (you know the souvenir ones!!) and that used to make me sad as a kid. For those wondering, my real name is J-- OH whoa, gotta go shower bbl.
I call you by your real name all the time, J-dawg.

My name's William and it's dreadful. Spanish version is so much more badass: Guillermo. As for sharing it online, I really could not care less. I mean, finding my details from my first name only would be almost impossible and you're welcome to try. I'd be quite flattered you'd take the time to try. (:

If I was gonna change my name I'd change it to something Italian because they all have fancy, awesome names..

Avishka
October 17th, 2012, 06:49 AM
What is your real name?
My name is Avishka!

Everyone knows my name i have the same username in all forums so.... its ok :P :P

yeah it is a unique name and rhymes with my twin sister's name xD XD

Would you change it?
nah impossible my parents gave me this name. i'll never change my name . :) :)

Ephemeral Euphoria
October 17th, 2012, 11:26 AM

Rearrange the letters of my screen name after taking the x out. It should be obvious.

Only until I start hearing half assed "Use the force" jokes being thrown about like it's Mardi Gras.

I'm neutral towards it, not the best but far from the worst.

I'd go with Seth, no real reason other than the sound of the name clicking to me personal preference wise.

Squirrel
October 17th, 2012, 12:01 PM
My real name's Alex, bet you couldn't guess that ;p I'm very comfortable with sharing it online, however I'm a lot more reluctant to share my surname. Not really sure why, I guess it's just an easier way for people to find stuff out about you, but I don't often give it out. I don't mind my name - I pronounce it slightly weirdly so I don't like it in that respect but otherwise it's a pretty cool name, it even has an 'x'! If I could change my name, I'd change it to Ryudo. That name means a lot to me and it's a pretty cool name imo, so I'd love to have it as mine.

Axeliira
October 17th, 2012, 12:02 PM
My name is so common in almost every language. It's a simple three-letter word that can be easily memorized. And for those of you that don't know, my real name is NOT Megan! Megan is my online name short for Meganium. :)

To give you guys a few hints, it starts with an A and I shared it with a former Art Gallery moderator.

I'd like to change my name, yes! I like the name Logan or Morgan. Two great names, I must say. xD

Ausaudriel
October 17th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Shawn. 8)

Actually funny story, when I first started online I went by fake names. XD All of my first friends on PC knew me by "Aidan" hahaha.

I don't remember when I decided it was time to stop lying about it. *shrug* It just seemed silly. When I was a kid though I was like petrified of sharing my real name, even to the point that I would get paranoid about screenshotting things that might like, have my computer's login/account name in there lol. (Like on Windows how it goes C:/Users/<name> or whatever.)

I like it sometimes. Depends largely on the day I guess. I don't typically meet too many other people named Shawn, or when I do they spell it Sean. Or if they spell is my way, they're women. Which is weird.

I've thought about changing it before to something totally unique, just because it seems strange to me that something as huge as a name can be shared with other people. It'd be cool if, like big company names for example, my name was just me.

I dunno, just something I've thought about before. I dunno if I'll ever actually do it.

Rodriguezjames55
October 17th, 2012, 01:55 PM
What is your real name?
my real name Rodriguezjames backwards with a Matthew in the middle (James Matthew Rodriguez)

look at my user name

last name Rodriguez from Germanic Rhyd-derch (famous chief) Rodriguez 1st orginated in France and move to spain then Hispaniola (im pueto rican) coat of arms
http://www.armsandbadges.com/Showthumb.ashx?ThumbID=1ecd3ef5-0644-49d6-8eb7-6cb752026725
1st name James derived from greek Ιακωβος (Iakobos)(he who Supersede)
Middle Matthew derived from Hebrew Mattityahu (gods gift which i am XP)

Would you change it?
heck no my names have a lot of histroy and meaning why change it

LegendaryMohawk
October 17th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Daniel

Yeah, not like anyone can steal my identity... I have a mohawk, try coping that will ya :P

Do you like it? Why/Why not? I do indeed, it just goes, I mean, can you imagine yourself with a different name?

Maybe to 'Mo Hawk' but people call me mohawk dan anyway :P

Honest
October 17th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Mohammed Rahman. But I'm known as Dipu cause Mohammed is too common and religious. And I have no problem sharing it, since Rahman's common, and Dipu isn't as obscure as you might think. Since I call myself Dipu, I'll talk about that. Yes, I like it. It's unique, which is something I like. And it just sounds cool (funny maybe, but cool)! I might change it officially when I'm older. Maybe.

93Aiwass
October 18th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

My name is Jessica Sideways. Seriously.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Broken_Arrow
October 18th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Mohammed Rahman. But I'm known as Dipu cause Mohammed is too common and religious. And I have no problem sharing it, since Rahman's common, and Dipu isn't as obscure as you might think. Since I call myself Dipu, I'll talk about that. Yes, I like it. It's unique, which is something I like. And it just sounds cool (funny maybe, but cool)! I might change it officially when I'm older. Maybe.
Hmm,i don't think that the name Mohammed (Mahammed) is funny..it's the prophet name and it's a very nice name.. ^^

What is your real name?
Hmm,only close people know it,though some irl friends call me Lili..so that's my nickname

I don't like to say it to everybody i only like to say it to the closest people because i don't like to be called with it online from people i don't know,it makes me feel weird!

Do you like it? Why/Why not?.
Yup,my dad gave me the name so i like it loty and i like the meaning too :)

Would you change it?

Nope,i don't think so..it has been my name since 21 years now why would i do that! that's the way Aha Aha i like it Aha aha lol

Ice Car
October 18th, 2012, 10:53 AM

1) Damon. Not saying my last name though, but it's Japanese, I'll give you that much.

2) Sure. Last name, nope.

3) Nope. I just don't really like the sound of it really.

4) Yes, but don't know what to. Anything that sounds more normal I guess.

Counterfeit
October 18th, 2012, 12:22 PM
What is your real name?
Joseph/Joe

Yeah. It gets weird when people that don't know you very well, or don't particularly like, start to call you by it though.

"Joe" is pretty average, if not the definition.

Joseph is pretty cool though, although nobody ever calls me by it. If ever they do I really appreciate it.

Only if I had a sex change or something like that, but I wouldn't stray too far I don't think.

Josephine? ^^;

Jackrico77
October 18th, 2012, 02:12 PM
What is your real name?
Micheal Lawrence

yes i wish i could change my username to it

Micheal name of an arch-angle and last name could be better

Would you change it?
No

Cherrim
October 19th, 2012, 11:42 AM
My name is Erica. I think for a few years I was really hesitant to share it but I got over that pretty quick.

I love my name a lot. The meaning is pretty cool "ever powerful, ever ruler" and it's not too common while not being so uncommon that no one recognizes it. (Although it is kind of annoying how Erica and Erika are equally common spellings so it's near impossible to get someone to spell my name right if the first Erica they met spelt her name with a K.)

I used to really want to change my name to Katherine when I was a kid because I thought it was a pretty name but now I don't think I even like it all that much. :x I can't really see myself changing my name and I have no idea what I'd pick if I had to. So luckily I'm happy with mine!

インフェルノの津波
October 19th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Craige, but I don't like it too much, it never really stuck on me. But if I get a name change, I'll lose one of the few that things I identify with. Oh what to do :s

The Grubby Pup
October 19th, 2012, 11:13 PM
My Name
...Antoine; a common name...even tho, it can be spelled in a different way. Still...I happen to like the way my name's spelled.

My Comfort level, about the revealing of my Name
...Ya know, I honestly, have no prob sharing this online. I've shared it plenty of times with other people and whatnot.

My Feeling for my Name
I like my name...I wouldn't change it for da word. :)

My consideration of changin' my Name
Hell ta da effin Nah...There's none.

Sylphiel
October 20th, 2012, 12:17 AM
My name's Jess. That's not the full version, but is usually what people call me anyway and is really the extent of how comfortable I am with giving out my name online. Part of the reason is the fact that I don't like my full name as much - though, oddly enough, I actually wouldn't change it just because it's just...well, it's my name. I've had it for long enough that changing it would seem too weird to me.

As for being comfortable with sharing it online, ehhh, I don't tend to offer it to people much. If the opportunity to say what it is comes up (such as a thread like this), I might take it, but for the most part if no one asks I won't ever give it.

Hybrid Trainer
October 20th, 2012, 07:16 AM
My real name is David, it's an alright name but it's really common so pretty much everywhere I go there are other David's so things can get pretty confusing.

I'm not really that bothered about sharing my real name online, I don't even care about my last name either since everything I'd say online is something I'd say offline so I have no reason to be ashamed of what I say online. However it is a pretty weird feeling having someone I don't know and have never even seen before talk to me using my name.

I wouldn't change my name, I have thought about it but all the reasons why I'd change it are to make life easier for other people which to be honest is a stupid reason to change my name.

JayD
October 20th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Jerry

Sure, why not.

Not really, it just kinda sounds weird when someone says my name

Even tho I don't like it, I don't think I would wanna change it

Katalyst
October 20th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Gabriel. No problem on sharing it as long as it's not my full name. I'm not particularly fond of it, but I don't dislike it either - and wouldn't change it.

Antemortem
October 21st, 2012, 08:34 PM
My real name is David and I used to be uncomfortable sharing it online but it'd be difficult to do anything with it if someone decided to revert to their stalker-ish ways. There's also no secrecy on the internet no matter how you look at it, so why not? I also would never change it if I had the chance, as I was named after my late grandfather, so the name has a lot of meaning to me.

Cordelia
October 22nd, 2012, 04:50 AM
From the Greek name Νικολαος (Nikolaos) which meant "victory of the people" from Greek νικη (nike) "victory" and λαος (laos) "people".
Same as Live and (Patch)Nick. I don't want to change it, but I don't want to be called by it online. It just bugs me, lol... the only person who calls me by it on here knows me IRL so it works out. The rest just call me Mac. :P

Peitharchia
October 23rd, 2012, 03:04 PM
My name is Ashley. When I was younger, I used to be afraid of sharing my name online due to some personal reasons. Fortunately, I'm no longer afraid of it. n_n I don't really like my name, but I don't hate it either. If I ever get the chance to change my name, I would change it to either Grace or Annabella (I love both of these names, so it'll be very hard to choose one).

Volcanix769
October 24th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Even if my first name is somewhat common and ok, I never want to reveal it. o-o People wanted to spread it around, so I chose on not to reveal it. But it fits me though and I really don't want to change it.

Team Fail
October 24th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Jordan. Kinda boring and unoriginal, I know.

Depends on the place. Here, yeah.

Yes and no. It's my name, so everyone knows it, but it's rather... Generic. I know of 3 or 4 other people with the same surname as I.

I've contemplated changing it, but I wouldn't know what I'd change it to.

Doctor
October 25th, 2012, 09:17 AM
It feels kinda cool to read through this thread and see what people you have seen around for years are really called. Because I never got to know them well enough to ask in person ^^ Some, I already knew of course.

I'm not at all comfortable with sharing my real name online, actually. Not on forums like this at least. It's got to do with me not really admitting to my offline friends that I like pokémon and anime and whatnot, and the fact that I might be the only person on this forum with my name and therefore rather easy to identify if someone for some inexplicable reason should come by it. I've got a nickname though, that most of my friends here know and call me. And it's not "Red".

I like my real name, but it sounds pretty horrid when pronounced in English xD the nickname I go by sounds a lot better. Really nice, actually. I wouldn't change my name. I guess maybe it would be nice to have a less unique last name, though. But at the same time, Like Audy said, it feels good to know that my name is mine alone.

Wobbachomp
October 25th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Harry

Yes

Yes I like it, but I could have a better name. Don't really have a reason for liking it.

Probably not, mainly because it was my grandfather's name aswell.

Galukxy
October 25th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Shaih-Marie.

Social networking websites and certain forums are fine. I'm okay with it on those.

I love my name; I'm so glad my parents chose such a name and not a simple or typical one.
I feel it's a rare one, too because I've never ever come across another person with the first half of my first name.

Would you change it?
Nope, never.

Are there Oceans in Space?
October 25th, 2012, 03:14 PM
I'm named after a city, London. Don't mind sharing my name, because I'm rather fond of it.

Synerjee
October 27th, 2012, 07:16 AM
What is your real name?
Amanda.

Not really, especially when I'm pretty new here. I prefer not to share my real name unless it's on social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter, but the people here seem friendly enough. Not like they're about to come to where I live and rob or stab me or anything like that lol. The one thing that you're never getting out of me is my family name. You're gonna have to find my Facebook or Twitter for that.

It's alright. It's a little too common, though. Would like it to be something a little more....unique.

Would you change it?
Yeah, perhaps. To Desiree or Hailey or something.

Arcturus.
October 27th, 2012, 08:16 AM
My name is James, but most people call me Jamie. I'm fine with giving out my name as long as it's just my first name. James is pretty common where I'm from, so I don't worry about it.

Cid
October 27th, 2012, 08:55 AM
It's Patrick. I used to feel timid about revealing my first name just because someone I knew in person might find out that I hang around in a Pokémon forum, what with connecting the pieces of information I've dropped here and there, but I dropped that notion soon enough when I realized I was being a bit too paranoid. I only recently went around with saying it though, because I never felt the need to say it when Cid was way shorter anyway. I think it's better this way. After all, it's kind of awkward to have a username that sounds like Sydian's nickname, so yeah.

I'm okay with my name. I used to hate it because every school I've been in had at least one more known person named Patrick, which kind of makes it weird to hear the name out of the blue because you're likely to not be the one they're referring to. Now, I don't really mind anymore. And besides, it's pretty cool to have a famous saint with a day of its own as well as an equally famous starfish as namesakes. I probably won't change it either, just because it would be too weird to switch after years of dealing with it. I'll most likely trade my surname for another, though. Too specific.