PDA

View Full Version : Do/Did you like going to school

Wateria
October 17th, 2012, 01:24 AM
This effects everyone on this forum

Do I like going to school
I used like going to primary/elementary school because I had the best teacher in the world. Now thanks to a boy in my year in high school I hate going to school and I'm forced to go there.

curiousnathan
October 17th, 2012, 01:52 AM
For the mostpart I really enjoy school. I'm the top student in my year level and I get along with a lot of people and have some really amazing friends. School was where for me, I've had the happiest memories. The fun the laughter, the times where you can look back on it all and wish you could re-live it over again...

Don't get me wrong, sometimes I wake up in the morning, or am about to fall asleep in Health and Human Dev class and think "I honeslty I can't be bothered."

Katalyst
October 17th, 2012, 05:02 AM
I always did, and still do enjoy going to school (which is now a university) - it's the place where I meet most of my friends. Which doesn't imply I liked going to certain classes (i.e Biology or any language classes)

Rainflower
October 17th, 2012, 05:47 AM
I'm freshman in college right now so I think, school really had got me back then. I miss my old friends and teachers; since I need a pretty long time to adjust with my new schedule and environment.

At first, I had some trouble with classes and social life at school, but now, I'm missing it all over again.

But I do enjoy going to college. It is a fun place and now I have several good friends that usually hangs out with me right now. I also like to attend several classes. I'm taking Psychology major, so that's quite of a fun for me.

Keiran
October 17th, 2012, 06:06 AM
I enjoyed the social aspect a ton, but having to wake up at 5AM was brutal. There was a ton of drama around/before my graduation because our valedictorian was a known cheater and it really ended a lot of friendships, so my last memories were not that great. I think high school puts too much pressure on youth.

My opinion about my high school experience is really mixed, I guess I liked it. I loved K-5, though.

Avishka
October 17th, 2012, 06:25 AM
i like going to school bcuz my class is just awesome <3 <3
the teachers are also nice except some but nowadays my teachers are giving a lot of homework xD XD

Sammi
October 17th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Up until high school, I don't miss it. Back then, I was a kid, and classes could be dull. Also, high school did not interest me. I wasn't popular and in general it wasn't agreeable with me.

I really miss college, though. Classes were far more interesting and flexible. If I had the money, I'd go back. But I don't, so the workforce it is!

Mochi
October 17th, 2012, 07:08 AM
I loved going to elementary school.

Now, it depends on the prof, classmates, subject, etc. For the most part I either dislike/feel neutral about a class.

Twilight Sky
October 17th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Honestly? Yes. And I can't believe I'm saying this now.

When I was younger(and by younger, I mean about middle-school aged or so), I really, really, really hated school. To the point where I literally did not feel like getting up out of bed or it. This progressed until sometime during Junior and Senior year, when my feeling towards school started to change a bit.

I started to realize that being home all of the time is kind of boring, and that hanging out with friends is way more fun than just sitting at home doing absolutely nothing. Now that I'm in college, the fact that I can just go visit over there and do pretty much whatever makes me happy enough. I can socialize with the people that I know over there without fear, and things like that.

In short, I like quite a bit of social interaction. School is also a place I can get away to if I don't feel like being home! So yeah, it's really cool. n_n

October 17th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Being in college, classes are, or should ultimately be more suited towards your interests. That's how it is with me at least, which is why I like it more than high school. And of course all the social aspects are enjoyable too! So yes, I love school. At least until it's exam time.

Cadance
October 17th, 2012, 11:20 PM
I hated school back then, I wasn't much of a fan for various reasons. I'm not gonna go into detail though. Upon coming to college, I started to become very enthusiastic about it, because *this* is my life under construction. To this day, I enjoy school, and I enjoy it for a very good reason.

Tranca
October 17th, 2012, 11:51 PM
I love school, and I am depressed because I am not in it.

93Aiwass
October 18th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I hated high school/primary school but I love college. One of the reasons why I can think of is that the teachers would demand respect that they frankly didn't deserve and of course, I would immediately disrespect a teacher who thought they were so high and might to demand respect by words, position and posturing alone rather than earn it.

Respect is earned, not given freely and if it is given freely, it's a worthless bauble.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Kura
October 18th, 2012, 12:10 PM
I really enjoyed university and I miss it! Happy to have graduated and feel more independent though!

PlatinumDude
October 18th, 2012, 12:11 PM
I liked my elementary school years. Middle school and high school had more work cut out for me, but I still enjoyed them nonetheless. College, I'm not so sure about right now.

Sandshrew4
October 18th, 2012, 12:20 PM
I loved my grammar school. Graduating class of ten, able to eat in math...ah good times, good times. Now i hate high school...dont really know why though.

Seki
October 18th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Yes I do, although I hated going to Primary school (elementary school for some of you) from years 1-5 but come 6, I loved going to school because I had a very good teacher. Loved going school every since, but this time, in Secondary school (middle and high school for some of you) I love going to school, not because of the teachers but because of my friends.

LividZephyr
October 18th, 2012, 05:01 PM
No.

Well, really, like the others, my answer depends on what time of my education it was at. I liked it through third grade, hated it in fourth and fifth, despised all three years of middle school (6-8), hated it again my first two years in high school, somewhat enjoyed it junior and senior year, then community college which was a royal waste of time, then I enjoyed it at university as it was all interesting and relevant to me, because I chose the right major.

This thread first caught my attention as about public schooling, before going to a proper university. I really enjoyed my last two years - the two at university for my four-year degree - the most. I enjoyed middle school and community college the least, followed by years 4, 5, 9, and 10 in some order. Part of it was my growth, and that of those around me, as there were always jerkwads trying to make my life miserable because they were pathetic individuals that needed to have someone to be bigger than. Best memory of middle school was, at the end of eighth grade, one of those guys came up to me out of the blue, admitted that he had been a jerk, and apologized. I never saw him again because he went to a different high school.

Really, maturity is a big part of it. Middle school was torture because I was victimized, the classes were boring and too general, and I saw no point in it due to my own lack of maturity.

I really wish I could have my childhood back so I could do it right...

AChipOffTheOldBrock
October 18th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Ive always hated school and still do. I hate everything about it. I like learning things but not alot of that goes on in public school. Hopefully college will be better. Cant wait to graduate.

Empire
October 18th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Nope, school life was always terrible for me.
Maybe i just needed a better school, my teachers were so slack.

Hannah
October 18th, 2012, 10:01 PM
I love going to school -- I only go because I want to see my crush. ♥

Hikamaru
October 18th, 2012, 10:02 PM
School was always terrible for me cos I had to go such long distances to get to school and I was trolled with bullies. Not to mention I didn't like the schoolwork a lot.

I'm so glad I'm out of there now.

AWsquared
October 19th, 2012, 01:48 AM
When I was younger, I loved going to school. But as soon as I got older, I hated going. Mainly cause the teachers were getting harder and tougher and I was always late or getting in trouble.

Plumpyfoof
October 19th, 2012, 01:59 AM
For some reason I seem to always get caught doing the wrong thing. I have no idea why that is, like I'm not a bad student I just prefer everyone have low expectations..

Anyways last week of High school, I'm feeling highly sentimental. I probably will only see a few friends afterwards but I'm going to miss the house parties, I'm not one for clubbing and that.
House parties were the greatest thing ever.

Overlord Drakow
October 19th, 2012, 02:39 AM
All things considered, yeah. I got bullied a lot during secondary school but apart from that, school was pretty good.

Awesomepulls
October 19th, 2012, 01:58 PM
I actually really disliked going to school i always felt bored and didnt want to be there. I had actually dropped out in 11th grade and just got my GED and went to college. Once i was in college though i loved to be there for some reason and i never missed a day unlike my highschool years.

Ardos
October 20th, 2012, 02:09 PM
I'm a sophomore in college now, I like going to school now. In High School, not really. Well I did, but I like it now more than I did when going to High School.

Katholic Nun
October 20th, 2012, 06:00 PM
I used to dread going to school on days that I had PE, but other than that I always loved school and I would give anything to be able to rewind time and do it all again.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 27th, 2012, 10:54 PM
I really liked going to school. It gave me something to do besides sit around the house, and it was my main place to meet up with and talk with my RL friends. Plus, I really didn't have any really horrible teachers until my college years, so I didn't have much of a problem on that end either.

Back in the day, everyone thought it was so weird that I actually liked school xD But for me, the days I didn't go to school were even more boring...

o Pikachu o
October 27th, 2012, 11:13 PM
I like going to school even for PE because we do stuff like bowling, archery and other cool stuff. I go to high school in Grade 10 right now. I hated Jr. high though, mainly because of how boring it was and because my teachers were terrible. I didnt get bullied either so yeah.

Mr. Downstairs
October 27th, 2012, 11:49 PM
I love going to school, as long as I do the work that's due for the day!

Mr Cat Dog
November 4th, 2012, 11:47 AM
I liked education more and more as I went through it. By that, I mean that I really disliked primary school, didn't really care about secondary school, liked Sixth Form a fair bit, and loved uni. The actual 'learning' stuff I always semi-enjoyed, because I was kinda good at it, and the schools themselves were all really good from an environmental point of view. The kids weren't crack addicts or anything like that, and most of the people that got pregnant had the decency to do so after they'd left. I do think the increased freedom certainly contributed to liking later-school periods, but it definitely wouldn't be the only thing. Having said that, I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Brendino
November 4th, 2012, 02:01 PM
I enjoyed school all the way through the end of middle school, mostly because I found it very easy, and was able to breeze through a lot of my classes. Once I got to high school, though, I had to put in a fair amount of effort into my work, which made me enjoy it a lot less. I didn't hate school, but I would have rather been doing something else.

Brynjolf
November 4th, 2012, 03:04 PM
I hated going to school in the lower (elementary) grades, because all I wanted to do was play. Middle school was really fun, I thought. Lots of fun projects and such, and lots of field trips. Cool teachers, too.

High school.. Well, now, I'm not liking it so much. I'm recently beginning to enjoy it, only because I'm finding new friends who are much more mature than my old ones. I'm starting to understand the geometry, too.

Kevin
November 4th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Yeah I like school. I have my days when I'm on my man-period and I hate everyone that day.

But yeah it's fun seeing friends and socializing and making fun of teachers when they yell at you for talking until you get sent to the principal's office.