PDA

View Full Version : What I have for show-and-tell today is...

Antemortem
October 21st, 2012, 06:48 PM
Did you ever have a 'show-and-tell-' day for one of your classes in an earlier grade? For those of you who probably experienced it under a different title, show-and-tell was usually when a student had to bring an object that symbolized something about their personality.

Sora
October 21st, 2012, 06:55 PM
I don't remember. I think so once during one of my elementary grades in which I brought my collection of statues and came up with this story that I get one everytime a member go somewhere but that's pretty much it. Think I also spoke about my rock collection once too but don't remember when exactly either.

October 21st, 2012, 08:04 PM
I don't remember exactly what I brought, but I do remember my mom not allowing me to bring my GameBoy to school for show-and-tell. She thought that I'd play it at school, which I probably would've. :P

PlatinumDude
October 22nd, 2012, 09:28 AM
Yup, I had some of those back in elementary school, even though I forgot exactly what I shared during those times.

Kura
October 22nd, 2012, 10:38 AM
I don't think I've ever actually had a show and tell :c

Overlord Drakow
October 22nd, 2012, 11:44 AM
I don't think I've ever actually had a show and tell :c

You have not lived.

Yeah I've had a few 'show and tells' in the past but I can't remember what I ever brought in.

Doppelgänger
October 22nd, 2012, 12:03 PM
No! I remember being annoyed about that also since I really wanted to do something like that.

Wateria
October 22nd, 2012, 01:25 PM
Show and tell started for First grade only the year I was in second so I have never had show and tell.

GolurkIsDaBomb
October 22nd, 2012, 01:29 PM
Yes I did! We had those up to first grade. I remember I brought in my new kitten one time, and everyone loved him, it was awesome!

Oh, first grade... :D

Sodom
October 22nd, 2012, 04:13 PM
I remember having a show-and-tell day once in kindergarten or Year 1 and I took my favourite stuffed toy, Scrap (named after the dog on Play School :P). I don't think I had much to say about it, but I do remember having to get up in front of everybody.

We had "news" sessions where kids could get up and talk about exciting things that were happening to them through the week. I never participated in that though because I hated public speaking on any level lol.

Hannah
October 25th, 2012, 02:07 AM
I remember having a show-and-tell day once in kindergarten or Year 1 and I took my favourite stuffed toy.

Same. I brought my teddy bear, too. Time for an emotional backstory, guys.
I got it when I was 6, on the day after my birthday. My mother gave it to me as a late birthday present. Since then, I've been carrying it around with me every single millisecond. It was pink, and I named him/her/it Pinky, and something's telling me he/she/it is a girl. At show and tell, I tied a ribbon around his/her/its neck rather tightly, which resulted to his/her/its head bobbling slightly five years later. The S&T went on really well, and I got top score. Yay!

Seki
October 25th, 2012, 05:01 AM
I had 2 show and tells in my entire life. First one on Primary One, where I just took a random story book and talk crap that I could think of about it. Second one was on Primary Four, I also did the same thing what I did during Primary One, I guess somethings can't change.

Avishka
October 25th, 2012, 06:12 AM
same as Kura
i never had show and tells in my school

Wobbachomp
October 25th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Yeah, every Monday in year 1! :D
Can't remember what I brought in though. :(

Galukxy
October 25th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Only up until Year 4 or 5, but I don't remember it well. I don't think I brought in anything really special to it, either.

Tyrantrum
October 25th, 2012, 03:15 PM
The last show-and-tell day I remember was this one day in third grade when I brought my cats to school. c:

Wobbachomp
October 25th, 2012, 03:45 PM
The last show-and-tell day I remember was this one day in third grade when I brought my cats to school. c:
I couldn't bring pets in incase of alergies :(

awolfsquared
October 25th, 2012, 03:46 PM
I remember having show-and-tell every week in first grade but I don't remember anything I brought except maybe my Poliwhirl plush or the Pokedex I had. I loved that thing.

Seki
October 25th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I couldn't bring pets in incase of alergies :(

Same here, school's pretty strict for us, isn't it?

o Pikachu o
October 25th, 2012, 08:09 PM
I had it in grade 1 every Friday. The only thing I remember bringing was a watch with a calculator in it.

princeofpoop
October 25th, 2012, 10:24 PM
I remember having them in kindergatren and grade 1 every friday, fun stuff.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 27th, 2012, 11:10 PM
I only had show and tell until about first or second grade, then it kinda stopped. I can't for the life of me remember what I brought in specifically, though I'd imagine most of them would be toys of some sort. More often than not toy cars and trucks, I would guess. My memory from those days is quite hazy...

Axeliira
October 27th, 2012, 11:24 PM
When I was young, yeah. From first through third grade I usually bring my barbie doll for show and tell, or if I forget something, I just show off my lunch and make the other students hungry. xD