PDA

View Full Version : What kind of pet do you have?

Castform
October 25th, 2012, 06:12 PM
What kind of dog do you have? If you don't have a dog, what other pets do you own?

I have a miniature dachshund. He is really funny and awesome.

EDIT: I guess I will name the rest of our pets we own. Our dachshund lives indoors, but we basically have a farm outside. Here we go it is quite a lot:

We have 2 goats who are hilarious! 3 geese, about 30 chickens, 5 cats, 3 Turkeys, and 12 ducks. We also have a huge pond with a ton of fish.

EQUALSGAMER
October 25th, 2012, 06:15 PM
One dalmatian female, she loves to run up and down the yard barking at the smallest of noises it can get annoying at times.

Shiny Celebi
October 25th, 2012, 06:29 PM
I have a male Beagle/Basset hound mix. He has a lot of energy and he enjoys sniffing, digging holes in our wooded yard, barking at anything, running around and eating anything he can get.

Broken_Arrow
October 25th, 2012, 07:09 PM
i don't have a dog because i hate dogs but tbh i love Alaskian snow dogs,it's cute and loves their owner ^^

Patchisou Yutohru
October 25th, 2012, 07:17 PM
I don't have a dog or any other pets.

Cordelia
October 25th, 2012, 07:21 PM
I have two dogs, a pedigree champion breed Shii Tzu and my other dog is a Shii Poo. They are both amazing and oh so adorable. <3

Ice Car
October 25th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Pug Jack Russell Mix. Very energetic.

Her name is Maile, which is a Hawaiian name.

princeofpoop
October 25th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Lol, I have 2 cats. They're pretty weird, one is grey the other is black. The grey one is crazy and the black one is just quiet.

Ice Car
October 25th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Lol, I have 2 cats. They're pretty weird, one is grey the other is black. The grey one is crazy and the black one is just quiet.
Dogs > Cats

End of discussion.

Synerjee
October 25th, 2012, 11:40 PM
I used to own a dog, rabbits and hamsters..but I had to give my dog and the hamsters away..and all 3 of my rabbits died, one after another (long story). So all I'm left with now are fish. Not mine actually, but my parents'. Guppies that belong to my mum and carp that belong to my dad. So that leaves me..pet-less? :( I really want another dog, though. Dogs are one of my favourite animals. <3

voltianqueen
October 26th, 2012, 12:39 AM
I don't have a dog, but I have two ferrets and three cats.

awolfsquared
October 26th, 2012, 01:09 AM
I don't have any pets at the moment, but I had a gerbil named Hammie a few years back. Died a year after we got him. :(

Sandshrew4
October 26th, 2012, 03:49 AM
I used to have a dog when i was like 2. He was named Piwo (pronounced peevo). Its the polish word for beer XD My sister had a boy and a girl guppy named shady and diva. Now...she has like 30. I have a pet rock named turbopebblatis. I've had him for four years XD

Tyrantrum
October 26th, 2012, 04:25 AM
I have a kitten and her name is Eevee! \o/

Krazzikk
October 26th, 2012, 04:57 AM
I used to have a dog when i was like 2. He was named Piwo (pronounced peevo). Its the polish word for beer XD My sister had a boy and a girl guppy named shady and diva. Now...she has like 30. I have a pet rock named turbopebblatis. I've had him for four years XD
Omg! Piwo is such a cute name <3333

Hmm, a pet rock? I know I've heard of people doing that, but what's the point o-o
I have a kitten and her name is Eevee! \o/
GSIOGJJVCNCVEHAOHFOD;FKDL;
soooo cute :3333333

I've had lots of fish, maybe 6 or so, throughout my life. Some of the fish died after only 6 months, some maybe a year, but I did have 1 fish that was like mucho and I've had him for 4 years. I usually don't name my fish becauase I tend to get the same kind of fish, so they get along, but because he has survived so long I thought he deserved a name. I named him Brisco, after Brisco County Junior, from that old western T.V. show I used to watch a lot.
Other than fish I've had 2 guinea pigs, the first one I named Dexter(I love that name so much) and the second one was named noodle because he was kinda yellowish, the color of a noodle, and he was long but skinny (dw he didn't look like a freak xD). We picked noodle because he seemed like he was more calm and timid, because Dexter kinda had trust problems until we owned him for about 4 months, but it turned out that was because he was sick, and he died early from scurvy. Dexter also died a few months later from what we also suspect to be scurvy, but the problem may have been that everyone was too lazy to clean his cage weekly so it ended up only being cleaned every month or so which is unhealthy for the guniea pig.

Now that we have all the sad, pet deaths out of the way. I currently have an awesome pure breed pug, named Rufus, he was given to me by my brother, because his girlfriend's cats were scaring him, causing him to pee all over the house, and it just wasn't working out, plus he knew I've always wanted a dog, just didn't have the money to buy one. He is very fit, which is un-natural for pugs because their owners usually spoil them, and they have slow motablisim /they don't get enough excercise. He's tawny, small of course (pugs are a toy breed), and weighs about 20 pounds. What makes Rufus awesome, is they love to follow you around, and they are very attentive to their owners, which also makes them easier to train. Although this is annoying sometimes because I trip up from him always being at my feet, it's cute, and it shows his love for me. Unfortunately he does have fleas atm, and he has been scratching like crazy. A couple months back, he also had an ear infection so he was literally tearing up his head trying to scratch his ear, and it cost me $400 for them to treat the ear infection and clean and dry out his wounds. (they shaved off the hair that was near the wound and gave us some powder we had to put on every day that dries the blood and such.)
But yeah, overall he is really cute, and I love him much! I could talk a lot more about him but I don't want to bore anyone x)

-Krazz

P.S. This seems to be a lot longer of a post than most of the posts on here, so I apologize, unless you found what I had to say interesting, which I'm glad if you did x)

Toshiro.
October 26th, 2012, 05:18 AM
I have a dog which is a coca-poo. It's a mix between a coca spaniel and a poodle. Her name is Emily. That's all the pets I have.

Wateria
October 26th, 2012, 06:16 AM
I can't have a dog because my step sister is allergic to them. Instead we have a couple of goldfish called Carlos and Rosie.

PlatinumDude
October 26th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Back at home, I have 2 dogs, a Maltese and a Shih Tzu (both are technically my sisters').

TwilightBlade
October 26th, 2012, 10:21 AM
My dog is a mix between a pitbull and golden lab. He can be very mean or very nice. He's about 10 years old but he still jumps on patio furniture, chases lizards, and breaks out and roams around the house when no one is home. and chews on stuff in my room. lol.

Pidgey
October 26th, 2012, 01:19 PM
I don't have a dog, and have never really owned one myself, although we did get one to be "part of the family" once my mom and I moved in with my stepdad, although it was already really old at that time, and died a few years later. I've had a cat for just about 11 years now though, and I love it to bits. Unfortunately anyone outside of the family don't feel the same way, since she's quite the devil when it comes to interacting with anyone else, human or not.

Playful_Weasel
October 26th, 2012, 03:18 PM
3 Cats, (Suzanna - all black cat, Neko - white cat with black spots, and Nami - black cat with white spots) all three are very playful or lazy.

Mom has a ferret

My Grandma has a dog, a Chihuahua.

(and personally) I want to get a pet tarantula. Besides cats, I love spiders too.

Sodom
October 27th, 2012, 04:52 AM
I have two cats - one is a terrible piece of work patchy white/grey/ginger British short hair named Misty (not Pokemon related, we didn't even name her) and a beautiful black ragdoll named Princess (we also did not name her, don't judge lol). I love them both, but Princess is definitely easier to get along with - she wouldn't scratch or bite you if her life depended on it, whereas Misty will kill you if you look at her sideways.

antemortem
October 27th, 2012, 11:28 AM
I own a Welsh Corgi - who has a rare calico fur pattern! - a Great Dane puppy, and a cat that we found in our back pasture a few months ago who is not special at all. I've had many different types of dogs in the past, including other corgis, a poodle, and a pug. I also owned a couple of spiders and a snake a few years ago, but they've all since died. :[

Alli
October 27th, 2012, 07:05 PM
I have a pretty fluffy white cat that I love. n___n

Phantom
October 27th, 2012, 07:10 PM
I have a cat, Daisy.

Back at my parents, though, are my 'other' pets. They have a red golden retriever, McGraw, a german shep/rot mix, Gypsy, and two cats, the siamese Maggie, and the tabby Molly.

Maggie lived with me for a while, but she started to act weird, I figured the move didn't settle well with her so I brought her back to my parent's place.

Molly I found under my car at work about a week after I moved out, and I gave her to my mom. She was a kitten, and when I brought her home my mom fell in love with her, empty nest syndrome. She and Molly are attached at the hip.

LividZephyr
October 27th, 2012, 07:30 PM
I do not have any pets (nearly broke at the moment) but I would like a cat. A well-behaved cat that would want to come cuddle with me and not scratch anything. Wish me luck in finding one - once I have the money and my own place. That'll be quite the bill. At the vet, I mean.

SummerSkies
October 27th, 2012, 08:53 PM
I do not own any dogs, but I have two parakeets. One is a male, grayish-mauve spangle budgie. The other is a male, sky blue and white recessive pied budgie. They are usually close to each other. My grayish-mauve budgie is more reserved. My sky blue and white budgie is the leader of the duo.

Hannah
October 28th, 2012, 01:01 AM
I don't have a dog or any other pets.

This basically sums up what I was going to say. But I've been begging my mum to buy me a Golden Retriever, and she says she'll buy me one if I get my scholarship.

Kurui
October 29th, 2012, 12:08 AM
I have a dog, a chihuahua named Dreg. He's full grown at about 4 lbs, black & tan. Crazy little bugger >_>;; But smart. Knows many tricks and knows certain words too. lol Never say 'treat' around him -_-;; I hope nobody comes to my door and says trick or treat because he will mow them down.

Then I got 2 Halloween Hissing Cockroaches just days ago (in time for Halloween <3 ). Here's one of them that I got into my hand today even though he's the skittish and fighting mad one when I even go near him XD so it was a miracle~

http://i46.tinypic.com/6ssyf5.png

This is Edgar (also known as Kerb). He has a brother, Edwin.

Edgar is big and dopey and slow, but mad and hisses a lot like staccatto xD 'ss ss ss' and trying to hide. Edwin is more friendly but he's so fast and he tries to escape his cage alot. When i first got them Edgar went right into his cage obediently but Edwin hopped out and used my TV stand as a jungle gym and I was crawling around like mad for 10 minutes trying to scoop him up >___>.........Yeah.

So yeah that's my pets. Dreg, Edgar (Kerb), and Edwin! <333 I loves my babies.

CourageHound
October 29th, 2012, 12:13 AM
I have an english bulldog but i plan to get two more dogs later.....much, much later.

Squirrel
October 29th, 2012, 12:28 AM
I have a white bunny named Kenny whom I adore <3 He keeps getting sick though recently and he's getting really old so I'm kind of worried about him, especially with me being at university so I'm not around to look after him and everyone else is working all day back at home, but fingers crossed he'll make it to Christmas when I'm back home.

Avishka
October 29th, 2012, 07:38 AM
i have fishes - goldfishes and some more do they count as pets??? xD xD
Other than fishes i don't have any pets. :( :(

Ven Bloodia
October 29th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Let's see here, what's driving me to the brink of pure unadulterated insanity right now are 2 puppies and 1 dog along with 3 kittens and 3 cats. I know I'm ****ing crazy but what else is new.

Frazzevous
October 30th, 2012, 10:05 PM
I have two female Japanese Spitz dogs, and a male Shih Tzu puppy. If I were allowed to have felines, I would have asked for a Russian Blue and a Ragdoll, and maybe adopt one with a tabby pattern and another with a bi-color mask-and-mantle. Sadly, the only time I'll actually have a cat is when I have work, my own money and house, and yeah.

Frostweaver
October 30th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Back in asia, my dad had 2 giant tanks for fresh water fishes and turtles ;_; gosh turtles look cute but they're vicious lol. The turtles that are like a quarter the size of your palms like to swim after the goldfish and bite their tails XD Poor goldfishes! They were there as long as I remember it. I remember learning how to crawl by chasing after the goldfishes on the other side of the glass XD

Eventually we separated the 2 though to reduce the level of one-sided violence. We had to let them go and give them away to various places when we moved to Canada when I was grade 2.

November 1st, 2012, 01:28 PM
Dorms I live in don't allow pets. If they did I'd have like a hundred fish.

Sheep
November 1st, 2012, 05:52 PM
I've got one tabby cat! He's mostly an outdoor pet but does come inside rather often. He's very nice and would never bite or scratch. :3 I'd like to have another cat if I could handle it, but in general I'm fine with one pet, haha.

Brynjolf
November 1st, 2012, 05:59 PM
Used to have two sand crabs that lived for three and a half years.
Then I had an english bulldog, who died due to heart failure during a surgery on his inner eyelid.
I've had the same cat "Dina" since I was about 7, my dad gave her to me as an early christmas present.
He says he picked her up outside of a target store when a lady was giving away free cats because she couldn't take them all. My cat was the only one who wasn't brown and stripey. She is gray, long-haired, and has a white beard thing, along with a pair of white fur socks, haha.
This is the only pet I have now. I will probably get either a chameleon or a tortoise after this.

Oryx
November 1st, 2012, 06:00 PM
I have the best cat in the whole wide world. :3 He's a purebred Persian that's so incredibly affectionate that he gets lonely when people aren't around (or he has just one person around), and spends his time almost always within a few feet of a human.

Mr Cat Dog
November 11th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Obligatory photo of my dog alert:

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n566/jonathanstorey/photo-3.jpg
Her tail's wagging so fast because she's so damn happy! (And also because I'm about to throw her a stick for her to bring back to me.) For those who don't know, my dog's name is Sally. She's about 10-11 years old now, and for ages we didn't know what type of breed she was. We just assumed that she was a cross between a Jack Russell and some other type of dog. A year-or-so ago, however, she was identified as a Plummer Terrier (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plummer_Terrier), so that's what I've been calling her ever since! She lives with my parents, so I only get to see her when I visit them, but - for all intents and purposes - she's my dog through and through! :D

Creame
November 11th, 2012, 07:02 AM
My baby boy! A black labrador named Diesel! :D
I have 2 cats that live at my grandma's -> One of them is SO FAT. :D