PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite video game

Klaw
October 29th, 2012, 07:25 AM
What is your favorite video game? I pretty much would have to go with Final Fantasy 4 5 and 6 i don't know why i just like them a lot how about you?

asitha_lakruwan
October 29th, 2012, 08:45 PM
I don't think I have one favorite game
It all depends on what mood I'm in.
For general play and supers, I like City of Heroes/Villains.
For Sci-Fi, I (currently) like EVE Online (I have high hopes for Fallen Earth).
For fantasy, Warhammer: Age of Reckoning is looking promising (I miss a good fantasy game - not really playing one right now).
For very quick play, I like FastCrawl (fantasy) or Weird Worlds (not-quite-4x Sci-Fi).
That covers everything I currently play much.

Huayra
October 30th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Battlefield 3 for the win

Captain Fabio
October 31st, 2012, 01:42 AM
One of my favourite games would have to be Silent Hill 2, because of how it made me feel when I played the game.

Other notable games would be Tales of Symphonia, The Unfinished Swan - because of what it stands for, Metal Gear Solid and more. (I could go on for a while! XD)

Squirrel
November 4th, 2012, 07:02 AM
My favourite game is a three-way tie! It's between Grandia, Digimon World and Borderlands 2. Each have flaws such as Grandia's grinding system, Digimon World's infinite number of glitches, and Borderlands 2's petering story line towards the end, but I think these are my top three games of all time. They're very diverse games from each other but I enjoyed each one immensely and they each have countless replay value; but maybe not once you've only just completed the story haha. An honourable mention goes to H.E.D.Z which would be my number one favourite game since it's incredibly intuitive and extremely fun to play, but the huge amount of glitches and bugs ruins that. :p

Aeon
November 4th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Animal Crossing. I have logged so many hours into those games it puts my Pokemon playtime to shame probably.

FrankOcean
November 4th, 2012, 05:18 PM
I've played lots of games my time alive, and none have come close to Crash Bandicoot.
That games was so fun for me as a kid, and it still is now. I don't even care if the newest games might be bad, it's Crash!

Unknown#
November 4th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Especially since the XBLA version that came out last year fixed the few problems I had with the original, Sonic CD wins by far. I don't know why, but this game always has a certain charm to it that always makes me want to go back and play it.

Overlord Drakow
November 5th, 2012, 03:25 AM
Kingdom hearts. I just love the series and the gameplay.

Galukxy
November 5th, 2012, 03:37 AM
I don't have one favourite, but if I was to class several as my favourites then, that'd be: Fable: Lost chapters and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time.
Those are the only game series or games that have ever appealed to me, apart from Pokemon.

I always try to put a lot of effort into playing the Fable series most.

Sora
November 5th, 2012, 03:40 AM
Tales of Symphonia! I'm not sure what games come after this one but this game is my favorite game for sure. Despite the fact that I can't call myself a major fan with pride as I have lost that pride I don't think this game will ever not be my favorite.

Barney.
November 5th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Fire Emblem. Specifically Fire Emblem 7, but I love all the games. Something about the game play and the story just grabbed my attention straight away, even from a young age.
My other favourites are probably Advance Wars and Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker.

TheWaffleKiing
November 5th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Halo but halo 4 was a huge dissapointment i got it early from gameworld but at the moment its pokemon ruby :P x

YungKnowledge
November 5th, 2012, 12:52 PM
WWF No Mercy I spent hours of my childhood with this game but honestly as little kid my favorite game would flip everyday. So for today the one I remember most is WWF No Mercy.

Pidgey
November 5th, 2012, 01:26 PM
This is incredibly hard to choose between. My favourite game would definitely be one of the Zelda games, although there are just so many of them that I love just about equally as much, all with their cons and pros, so choosing between them is just.. AUGH! In any case, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Wind Waker all lie high up there, probably because they're some of the games I've played the most out of any games I've ever owned, and while I may have lost my ALttP, and though the memory card for my gamecube has somehow broken making me lose all my files for all the others, they'll still remain my favourites :D

Blaze42
November 6th, 2012, 08:07 AM
I have a favorite game for different genres, although If I were forced to choose one, it'd be Final Fantasy VI. My favorite series as a whole is Kingdom Hearts.

Valvatorez
November 8th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Hmmm...I'm not sure, to be honest. The first game that springs to mind is Tales of Symphonia, since it was my introduction to the JRPG genre...well, I'd played FFVII and FFVIII beforehand, but at the time I wasn't really aware they were JRPGs; they were just games I'd played and thought were alright. ToS had an anime-esque style and a far more captivating story and cast of characters, helped in no small part by the voice acting, and I found the battle system more engaging. It just seemed to click with me more than FF did, and encouraged me to try more of the genre.

That said, I'm very fond of Golden Sun. I remember being extremely excited about it, then finally getting it along with a black GBA, and I loved it. The Lost Age was the better, longer game, but the original has particular significance for me; it was just so much fun. Taking on Saturos at Mercury Lighthouse, summoning Thor/Meteor/Judgement for the first time, taking out Deadbeard after slogging through Crossbone Isle, and then finding out that there was going to be more to come...yeah, Golden Sun is a definite competitor for this.

Sakura Rain
November 8th, 2012, 04:58 PM
I just recently started playing them, but the Donkey Kong Country series is absolutely brilliant imo. I'd only played DK64 (which apparently is included in the DKC universe and which I loved) up until my bff irl informed me that the SNES games were available on Virtual Console, and they're really such good games for their time wow. And then...I love Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, Spyro: Year of the Dragon, and Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie. (I can't pick between them okay)

Nerdy Mojo
November 9th, 2012, 04:21 PM
my favorite is TES Oblivion because faults and all i keep coming back to it since launch. many didnt like the unfair level scaling but im a sucker for a hardcore gaming experience. morrowind was more dense and involved but doesnt have a lasting fun factor as i still have a copy and now get bored of it. skyrim is awesome but freakishly easy and too shallow. i say oblivion is more fun than morrowind and more hardcore than skyrim

a second would be a tie between Dark Souls and GTA San Andreas

Playful_Weasel
November 9th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Besides the Pokemon games, I love Sim City 4!!

Lord Varion
November 10th, 2012, 04:23 AM
The most would be; Golden Sun.
All 3 of them were amazing to play, mostly the second one, to me it had original story lines and characters, though the gameplay was much like Final Fantasy, with the battle mode and exploration methods, I mostly like the puzzle parts of it, not many RPG games had that, they just had the occasional, press switch here and there, where as golden sun it was using magic to overcome many obstacles, and at times, it got reeeally hard, and rage making, which is what I loved, hard puzzles.

With puzzles being mentioned, the Portal Series is an all time favorite for me;
Portal 1 was just amazing for me, I love the good all puzzle, logical thinking games, Portal had so much logic required I played it 5 times over, without growing bored, and then what did they do? Portal 2. Just when you think portal is good, they do a sequel with characters, storylines, backstories and actual cutscenes. Portal 2 rocked Portal 1, but they still are equals. I know what you're thinking, ''Hey! Portal 1 had Glados and Chell'' But in my opinion, you don't learn alot about Glados, only she's a evil computer, and Chell well ... she refers herself as ''Subject Name Here''. That's no help.

ahmet476
November 10th, 2012, 07:45 AM
I think Fable: The Lost Chapters (Fable 1 PC version) is the game I enjoyed most. Therefore, it is my favorite video game.

Aura Vitae
November 14th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Tales of Graces f; I love just about everything to do with this game. Unlike other Tales games Graces has the fastest battle system that is unlike the traditional turn based rpg because it's battle system is more like a fighting game only it's an rpg.

seeker
November 15th, 2012, 03:31 AM
I have many favourites, but they tend to range between consoles and PC. Zelda: Minish Cap is one of my favourite ever games, and certainly up there when it comes to the handheld games I enjoy on handheld systems. Same goes for Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. However one of my all time favourite games has to be the Witcher 2. That and Skyrim being released around the same time took up the bulk of my gaming year this year, so they would be my current favourites.

I'll always love the Spyro and Bandicoot games too from PS1. So as I say, it really depends on the genre and console, I have too many favourites.

Mr Cat Dog
November 15th, 2012, 04:35 AM
If I had to choose just one game, it'd probably be Super Smash Bros. Melee for the GameCube. I really like Brawl as well, but I've just spent so many hours of my life on Melee multiplayer, and trying to get all of the trophies. Added to that is the control system being beautiful to work with, the graphics really good for a GameCube game, the characters all being different, and the levels. I wouldn't call many games 'perfect', but this is the closest I've experienced to gaming perfection.

ELVISTHEGUY
November 15th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga. 2003, nostalgia <3

Digitama
November 16th, 2012, 06:05 AM
I'm leaning towards Kingdom Hearts, but I also love the Digimon World games.

derozio
November 16th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Devil May Cry 3.

Normally, I get a game, play till I finish it once or twice - depending on how long and interesting the campaign is - and just get it over with. But that's not the case with this one. Probably because this game is actually meant to be played over and over again. I mean, there are five-six difficulties, awesome gameplay, pretty good graphics for its time and very solid voice acting along with a decent storyline. I can pretty much play this game forever. Pretty sure I've invested more than 150 hours into it. And it is supposed to be a seven-ten hour game, lol. And I still play it even though it has been almost 7 years since it launched on PC (technically, it is nine years but w/e).

But I don't think I can leave it at that. Apart from DMC3, a game which I still thoroughly enjoy every time I boot it up, there are games like Mass Effect (only the first one), Assassin's Creed II and Metal Gear Solid 2 which gave me goosebumps at times. Those were the only games which made me utter "HOLY ****, THAT WAS AWESOME!" by the time I finished those games. So yeah, they gotta be given their due importance. ;]

Tetrakeet
November 16th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Currently: Xenoblade

One of the BEST games I've played in YEARS. It's truly a refreshing RPG experience and I highly recommend it!

Axeliira
November 21st, 2012, 08:08 PM
Any Mario Bros. games prior to the Gamecube are my favorites, with my all time favorite being Super Mario World. Also, I gotta add the new Super Mario Bros game for the Wii, and Super Smash Bros Brawl. Those games are the ones I find myself beating several times and never get tired of it!

Zozma
November 28th, 2012, 03:54 AM
1. Suikoden series.
2. Fire Emblem series.
3. Shin Megami Tensei series.

I recently enjoyed Disgaea 4 and The Walking Dead: The Game. The latter is definitely my favorite game of the year, though.

imevil
November 29th, 2012, 11:49 AM
other than Pokemon probably the Halo series. I love there story and Gameplay!

Spartacus
November 29th, 2012, 12:02 PM
I'd say Mariokart Wii. That game was beautiful and oh I played it so much. I have high hope for Farcry 3 as well, getting it tomorrow so lets hope it's amazing!

RockManFan
November 29th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Can't just choose one! For platforming I'd probably have to say Megaman 2 or Megaman X. Fighting games: Street Fighter II and Smash Bros Melee. Glad to see other people like Grandia and Devil May Cry 3 also! I think Devil May Cry 3 might be the most satisfying game I've played: it just feels really good to go from not being able to get past the second level to maintaining a SSS rating while shredding through Dante Must Die mode. On my computer I've been playing a MMORPG called Remnant Knights and Spelunky when I just want something quick.

strifegirl
November 30th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Animal Crossing. I have logged so many hours into those games it puts my Pokemon playtime to shame probably.

Haha, I'm the same! I still have Animal Crossing: Wild World and check it every day to make sure none of my NPCs are leaving. ^,^

Only I wouldn't say it's my favourite game really. I enjoy games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl and New Super Mario Bros. Wii but only if I'm playing with my siblings. Also, Fable: The Lost Chapters for PC and Diablo II bring back a lot of good memories.

My most favourite game of all time would have to be... Bah, this is too hard! I'll just make it my top three most favourite. It will have to be Terraria, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and Dragon Quest IX. I could go on forever.

xxReshiramxx
November 30th, 2012, 07:11 PM
My favorite games would have to be these three:

1. Lufia the Legend Returns (Gameboy color)

2. Super Paper Mario (Wii)

3. The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (Wii)

ShadowE
December 1st, 2012, 03:58 AM
Phew... i love a lot of games and i still play em... But if i had to make a top 3 it would be atm:

1. Tiberian Sun: Nothing beats this game IMO, the best RTS from Westwood (now EA)...

2. Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2: Dont ask me why, but the campaign is very addicting and way more better than every other CoD game... thought it would be crap but turned out to be awesome...

3. FIFA 13: I just love football (soccer for the US people) games, especially Ultimate Team

johnnyman
December 1st, 2012, 06:55 AM
of all time? That would be Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

DraconianWing
December 2nd, 2012, 06:19 PM
I got a LLLOOOOOOOOOOOONNNGGG list of favourites

But as of right now, the game I play most is Gods Eater Burst. I like Monster Hunter Freedom Unite too. Graphics and gameplay are better and all, but the missions take up too much time to clear.

Gods Eater is basically the same as Monster Hunter except that it's set in a more futuristic storyline and is more fast paced and easy compared to Monster Hunter.

This might change soon, however, as I'm getting a PS VITA for Christmas

JayD
December 7th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Aside from Pokemon, I would say Super Smash Bros. Melee, World Of Warcraft, Day Of Reckoning, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead 2.

Spinosaurus
December 7th, 2012, 01:52 PM
-Wario Land 4
-Rhythm Heaven. (Both DS and Wii games.)

Absolutely superb games that make me feel like a child playing. (In a good way!) Of course I can explain why I like those two games in particular, but you can search my post history for the reasons for WL4, and RH is hard to explain in a sense that I like it purely because of the experience I had with it rather than the game itself being any good. (It is though! Really really good!)

Crystal Noel
December 8th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Hands down Final Fantasy IV is my favorite.

Pointblank
December 8th, 2012, 08:13 PM
My favourite game is Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time. Even typing it gives me nostalgia, it is just such a good game it is my personal favourite. A close second is Civilization 4.

FiyahKitteh
December 8th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Wait, wait, wait, wait! So I can only pick ONE of all my favorite games? Aww! D:

Well, I guess I'd go with the Devil May Cry series.

If anybody is interested to know some of the others, spoilers will tell, I presume. ^p^

Favorite Games
~ Devil May Cry series
~ Bayonetta
~ Metal Gear Solid series
~ God of War series
~ Assassins Creed series
~ Uncharted series
~ Ookami
~ Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series
~ Shadow Hearts 2: Covenant
~ Oz - Sword of Etheria
~ Atelier Iris series
~ Sonic the Hedgehog (only Sega Genesis)
~ Ghostbusters (Sega Genesis)
~ Zelda series
to name some

Praisedscooter
December 9th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Mine is a tie between Super Mario Bros 3 and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Mochi
December 9th, 2012, 09:17 AM
It's really hard for me to pick one single favorite video game, although if I had to it'd be a really tough time choosing between...

Red Dead Redemption
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
LittleBigPlanet
Pokemon (in general)

But, RDR seems the most likely.

The_Consumer
December 9th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Mine is impossible to decide on...I've played tons of games throughout my life and I can't decide. I have favourites but nothing in particular:
Destruction Derby 2
Crash Bandicoot (warp room games)
Pokemon
Burnout Paradise
Resident Evil
Super Mario bros

They're some at least!

Patrick
December 16th, 2012, 02:34 PM
-Rhythm Heaven. (Both DS and Wii games.)

[...] RH is hard to explain in a sense that I like it purely because of the experience I had with it rather than the game itself being any good. (It is though! Really really good!)

Spot on. Just add Rhythm Tengoku to that, and that's my list + WarioWare: Mega Microgames (that's the first one).

I guess I could add some shooter collections in there like Gradius Collection on the PSP, as it has kept me entertained for years (my PSP library literally consists of all of Konami's shooter collections, Mega Man Powered Up, Darkstalkers Chronicles and Pop'n Music Portables 1 & 2. That's it, and I mostly just play the shooters nonstop).

But overall, I could literally live off of WarioWare:MM alone.

Sheep
December 18th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Outside Pokemon, the game that I really enjoyed was Okami! It had beautiful visuals that made me want to keep playing. That's really all since I'm not much of a gamer, but now that I'm finally getting a 3DS I think I'll have a lot more to add to my list in the future. :D

FlameNinja
December 21st, 2012, 12:56 AM
waaah tough question....but I like that :D haha

But my favorite game, right at this moment, would have to be Saints Row 3
Such an exciting game haha

Spartacus
December 21st, 2012, 01:50 AM
I think mine will soon become Far Cry 3. The main antagonist, Vaas, has heavily influenced me on that decision. I think that the game has so many aspects which are amazing, and the campaign is just brilliant. The characters, storyline, quotes, general gameplay; it's just all so good!

In general, looking at the new releases and the pre-order charts it looks like it could be a good 2013 in terms of gaming.

Did I ever tell you...the definition of insanity?

Gideon Jeremiah
December 21st, 2012, 02:43 PM
I enjoy everything, I have yet to actually play a game which I genuinely dislike.
In terms of a placing certain games above others; Pokèmon Green, Final Fantasy IX & Chrono Trigger have always held special places in my heart (mostly because I played them while being bed-ridden for a rather long time).

Pichuzilla
December 23rd, 2012, 03:53 PM
My list of favorite video games I played is:

Pokemon Black and White 2 ( I play both of them )
Final Fantasy I for the PSP
Pokemon Emerald
Sonic Heroes
Sonic The Hedgehog
Super Mario 64
Final Fantasy I

I haven't played Sonic the Hedgehog for a while, but I have it on my Nintendo Wii from the Wii Shop Channel.
I am currently going through a red mage solo run on the Final Fantasy I, and I got all the chaos emerald and beat the final boss in Sonic Heroes.
I did entered the Hall of Fame in Pokemon White 2 a few days after I got the game.
Super Mario 64 was my first game I had for my Nintendo 64. I still have all of the games listed too, but some of them I didn't played for a while.

Arx
December 23rd, 2012, 05:25 PM
If i had to pick my favorite game, it would be Crisis Core : Final Fantasy 7 for the PSP.

Khawill
December 24th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Starcraft 2, I can not play any other game but that lol. I play as protoss and love messing with people.

A close second goes to Scott Pilgrim the video game, so much love for that game

Cid
December 25th, 2012, 12:13 AM
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7225171&postcount=28

Haha, seriously though, it's Mother 3. To quote myself: "The characters, the plot and their development; the universe, the genre, the charm, the gameplay, the lasting appeal, and the ending— I could go on for years and even after all that time, this will still probably be high up on my best video games lists, if not still the best. I just love it so much. <3 You have to go play it to know what I mean."

I might as well mention the other games I consider my favorites! In decreasing affection:
Pokémon Gold and Silver (GBC), Kingdom Hearts (PS2), The Sims (PC), Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sega Genesis), Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town (GBA), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (DS), Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time (DS), Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA), Paper Mario (N64), Final Fantasy VI (SNES), The World Ends With You (DS), Final Fantasy X (PS2), Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) and Final Fantasy VII (PSX)

Okay that is a long list. Whoa. But yeah, I'm sort of a retro gamer so that's probably why I have vastly different favorite games compared to most people.