PDA

View Full Version : Nervous Habits

Katamari
October 31st, 2012, 09:31 AM
Do you have any nervous habits you're conscious of? I know that I play with my hair when I'm tired, mostly, but sometimes when I'm nervous. I'm only really aware of it because my mom always yells at me for it. D:

But I'm in class right now, and this guy next to me has been shaking his leg like no tomorrow. I'm okay if people wave it around a little, but he's going full on epileptic shaking and it's really annoying the piss out of me. So it makes me wonder, does he even know he's doing it?

Do you guys have habits like these?

Mr Cat Dog
October 31st, 2012, 09:57 AM
This isn't entertainment related, and is a poll, so I'mma move it to OVP now.

Moving on up

Overlord Drakow
October 31st, 2012, 11:16 AM
I do fidget when I am nervous yeah.

When I am assessing a situation while sitting down, I overlay and bridge my hands in front of my mouth. Sometimes I'm nervous while assessing but not always.

Kura
October 31st, 2012, 11:18 AM
I bite or pick at my lips, or shake my leg when I'm nervous.

Golurks Were Meant to Fly
October 31st, 2012, 12:10 PM
But I'm in class right now, and this guy next to me has been shaking his leg like no tomorrow. I'm okay if people wave it around a little, but he's going full on epileptic shaking and it's really annoying the piss out of me. So it makes me wonder, does he even know he's doing it?

My god, I HATE when people do this. This drives me crazy! Because they never seem to realize that not only can I feel it from the floor, IT'S SHAKING MY ENTIRE DESK!

As for me, I tend to drum my fingers a bit. Other than that, I just internally freak out, but then when I get the test or whatever, I'm fine.

Riko
October 31st, 2012, 05:30 PM
Normally whenever i'm nervous my hands and feets become cold and i drum with my fingertips on the closest desk or table....tbh i sometimes shake my legs too but it sure annoys as i always stop whoever sitting nearby me and doing that

Khawill
October 31st, 2012, 05:52 PM
When I'm nervous I tend to get very energetic, twitchy, and uncontrollable. During work I literally stood up and danced for two hours straight because I had a lot of energy (I don't drink much caffeine). I also shake my leg violently during class because I can't stand up or anything and I need to burn energy. I hardly can control it and if I try to it just makes me uncomfortable.

Also when I have these bursts of energy they last a few hours and give me an urge to fight. Also I bite the inside of my cheek.

Shiny Celebi
October 31st, 2012, 06:06 PM
I have a ton of them. Some common ones include messing with my teeth, playing with my hair, earings or other such things, fidgetting, etc. I get nervous a lot ^^;

Ralaia
October 31st, 2012, 06:07 PM
Ughhhh.... lets see:
1. Bite fingernails.
2. Watery eyes which looks like I'm crying.
3. My voice gets really deep. ;(

Nearsighted king of Ice
November 1st, 2012, 04:41 AM
sometimes I shut up, and twitch my eyes when I'm nervous at other times I speak in a really low voice make sarcastic comments.

Shining Raichu
November 1st, 2012, 06:53 AM
I love that you're making OVP threads while you're in class XD. That's just so awesome that that's your go-to thing. "This guy is annoying me, so I'm gonna make an OVP thread about it!" lmao

I generally internalise a lot, so if I'm nervous then you won't know it on the outside, but I'll be ****ting bricks on the inside. I try very hard not to be expressive with fear because fear is embarrassing and I'd prefer people didn't know I was feeling it :P. So I don't really have any nervous habits, at leat none that I'm aware of.

Hikamaru
November 1st, 2012, 06:59 AM
I usually shake a bit when I'm nervous.

Sometimes I even suck my thumb, which I have been doing since I was a little kid.

Galukxy
November 1st, 2012, 10:01 AM
I noticed this recently. I bite my lip a lot when I'm nervous or I play with whatever's in my hands at the time, like pencils or pens.

Wateria
November 1st, 2012, 10:22 AM
If I am nervous I would normally bite my tongue.

PlatinumDude
November 1st, 2012, 11:00 AM
I shake one or both of my legs when I'm seated. Sometimes I twirl my pen(cil) around my fingers when I'm doing a test.

TwilightBlade
November 1st, 2012, 01:28 PM
-puts hand on leg and holds leg still-

What do I do with all my energy/adrenaline now that I stopped shaking my leg? :'( When I'm nervous, I experience increased heart rate, sweaty palms, shakiness, and dry mouth. Sometimes, my eyelid starts to twitch, but maybe that is more related to caffeine or stress rather than nervousness.

Carter
November 1st, 2012, 04:01 PM
I tend to violently shake my leg or scratch my middle finger when I get nervous.

Sheep
November 1st, 2012, 05:48 PM
I shake my leg when I'm nervous. Also, I've recently developed a habit where I yawn or look through my bag. ]: They're so hard to stop but at least I've been noticing when I do it lately.

Brynjolf
November 1st, 2012, 05:51 PM
I hold my own hands. And I sweat, and pull split ends off my hair. Not very good habits if you ask me.
I should make a habit of going to the hairdresser more so I can get the split ends off, actually.
Another thing I do is bite the inside of my cheek.

WinterToyota
November 2nd, 2012, 07:50 PM
Well, I do tend to bite stuff from time to time. I guess there's that. ^_^

Hannah
November 2nd, 2012, 11:18 PM
omg hawt

I can't wait to make out and stuff

Made my day.

On to the topic. When I'm nervous, I play with my hair, fiddle with my thumbs, and lick my lips from time to time. I usually don't show my nervousness, because I like to be called brave, but sometimes I just can't help it.

Crux
November 2nd, 2012, 11:51 PM
The mods? I can only imagine they're watching in a way similar to this.
http://i.imgur.com/gYEIz.jpg
(just kidding,much love guys)

Eeh....I....pace. >…<
Yeah,yeah,I know...i've already gotten a lot of complaints/tease/ridicule from it. :<
Luckily I don't generally become that nervous though!

Twilight Sky
November 9th, 2012, 03:04 PM
My legs do shake a lot, but I tend to pace around nervously as well. Other than that, I think I can keep my Anxiety under control a lot, but there are other times where it's obvious that I'm stressed.

Cassino
November 9th, 2012, 06:24 PM
I don't have 'nervous' habits nor do I understand the concept personally.

CourageHound
November 9th, 2012, 06:49 PM
I pace....alot (Like to the point where people get annoyed of seing me just walk back and forth) when I'm thinking about something hard but i wouldnt really call it a nervous habit per se

JayD
November 20th, 2012, 07:38 PM
I slighty pull my hair backwards when I'm nervous lol ^^'

Alli
November 20th, 2012, 08:09 PM
I have a lot of nervous habits. My legs will bounce around (but I also have RLS so maybe it's just that), I twirl my hair, I flap my hair around, I slap my hand/face with my hair, I talk funny, I getter jittery/shaky (this happened yesterday for no real reason), I get either very cold or overheated, I bite my tongue or move it around a lot, I clap my hands, cry randomly, laugh inappropriately, accelerated heart rate, and that's really all I can think of.

...I really have a problem on my hands, don't I? Haha. Just yesterday, I was going to our music hall for the drum major tryouts. As I started to get closer, I started to feel really weird and shaky and my heart rate was crazy and I was getting sweaty even though it was kinda cold. So I got upstairs and asked my friend to hold my horn and I went back outside for a bit and sat on the bench and my leg shook around a bit. I took my jacket off as well. Now that I think about it more, I think I have an idea of what this is about, though I don't recall that happening before when I was in a similar situation. Oh well. Want to mention I wasn't trying out for drum major or anything, btw. So lol...like I said, I must really have a problem! Nervous breakdowns apparently run in my family though so idk. :(

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
November 22nd, 2012, 12:12 AM
My legs shake, I'll start pacing around the room, and I know my allergy related scratching becomes worse when I'm nervous and stressed. Basically, when I'm nervous I have a very hard time standing (or sitting) still.

♣Gawain♣
November 22nd, 2012, 05:35 AM
I usually scratch my nose when I'm nervous.

Pvt Tamama
November 22nd, 2012, 06:10 AM
heart races
i run through my hand through my hair i mess with it a lot and stuff like that and some times i jiggle my legs also

Jung
November 22nd, 2012, 08:50 AM
My whole face turns red and I get very hot. c: That and I speak in choppy sentences.

Sableye~
November 27th, 2012, 03:26 PM
I'm quite good at hiding my nervousness, unless I'm actually shaking. Sometimes I tend to chew on my lip, but usually I just pretend that nothing is going on and play it off. In my head, though, I'll be freaking out.

Yeah so I generally just ignore my nervousness and/or just deal with it.

Lanayru
November 27th, 2012, 06:59 PM
I have quite a few habits, like tugging at my hair, hand-ringing, biting my lip, chewing the inside of my cheeks, wobbling my right leg ect. My mom occasionly yells at me for it.
I'm also incredibly shy in real life. I can barely speak to my own mother! I find myself fiddling with my hands and I can not look someone in the eye. A fault I always wished would get better, but I'm really a socially awkward person. > __ <

Sandshrew4
November 27th, 2012, 07:56 PM
I'm sure this is pretty common but I get really warm. Like all of a sudden, BOOM. I don't sweat though. I hate it because when i'm in bed, late at night, I remember a homework assignment that I forgot to do and I get all warm and can't fall asleep. Cuz its too warm, y'know? Not sure if I do this when I'm nervous, but when I'm made I lick one side of my lips, then the other side. Its so weird XD Another thing I do when i'm nervous is turn my head sharply and look at random things.