PDA

View Full Version : Legal Immunity

shenanigans
November 1st, 2012, 01:56 AM
Because you're awesome, you now have legal immunity. This means that you can do whatever you like and no legal action can be taken against you and no-one can stop you from doing illegal things. However, people will still judge you for your illegal actions and you are the only person able to perform them - everyone else still lives by the rules, so to speak. Would you (and if so, how) use your legal immunity?

Overlord Drakow
November 1st, 2012, 02:23 AM
I get the incentive this thread was made with me specifically in mind.

I don't think I'd do a whole lot with it. Not at this stage in my life anyway. I'd be a hell of a lot closer to global conquest though. Rob a whole bunch of banks and basically have LIMITLESS MONEY AND RESOURCES LIKE A TRUE OVERLORD.

TRIFORCE89
November 1st, 2012, 06:38 AM
I'm lame and stick to speed limits. So, I would drive faster when its safe to do so XD

Shining Raichu
November 1st, 2012, 06:58 AM
Yeah, I think pointless road rules are the only things I'd use my legal immunity for. Other than that, I don't really have any desire to do anything illegal. I wouldn't want to go knocking over liquor stores or banks because that'd make life too easy, it'd feel like cheating the game.

I'd just use it for little things that would make my life more convenient.

Overlord Drakow
November 1st, 2012, 07:58 AM
Yeah but I break the speed limit anyway >_____>

I DON'[T NEED LEGAL IMMUNITY TO DO THAT MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAA.

Esper
November 1st, 2012, 09:40 AM
Pies. Lots of pies thrown in the faces of two-faced jerks.

I wouldn't want to do anything to really hurt people or put anyone at risk.

Kura
November 1st, 2012, 09:43 AM
Yup! Stay in the UK even when my visa expires :3

F1refly
November 1st, 2012, 10:31 AM
I'd import Tarantulas and CITES animals without needing permits (not smuggling, just don't need permits for it since I have legal immunity and I would bring the animals in in the same way that people with permits do)

Take a Anaconda for a walk through town

Break into Australia, steal all the awesome Mad Max cars, come back to South Africa, and act out Mad Max 2 in the Kalahari.

I'd also rob plenty of banks, buy myself a Rabbit shaped island in the middle of nowhere, steal some nukes, and threaten to nuke Antarctica unless I get given a Space ship and enough resources to go to Mars. F-Yeah

Brynjolf
November 1st, 2012, 06:07 PM
I would steal guitars that I thought were really cool.
I would also have a huge collection of Green Day posters and CDs that I stole from stores, haha.

King Goodra
November 1st, 2012, 08:34 PM
I would smoke weed openly in public and jaywalk a lot, but other than that I have no other interest in breaking any law.

Briar
November 1st, 2012, 08:48 PM
i'd jay-walk alot... i'd also probably go rob a bank or something.

Axeliira
November 1st, 2012, 11:10 PM
Funny, my friend and I were talking about this in class earlier today and I just happened to link him to this thread to bring some coincidence. xD

But anyways, I'd probably use my legal immunity to rob banks and steal money. But I find going over the speed limit a bit easier though, so I'll use my immunity for that instead. :P

TornZero
November 2nd, 2012, 01:39 AM
I'd probably rob withdraw some cash from a bank ("rob" sounds too illegal to me); make sure I'm well-off on the first go so I don't need to struggle with job searching, or worry about bills and college payments and buying a home. I already go over the speed limit anyways (and people still pass me on the road! In winter!).

Aside from the bank, I'm a gamer. Of course I'm going to use my legal immunity to walk into a store, grab a game and just walk out with it. "Have a good day!" the cashiers would cheerfully tell me.

Then the rest of that bank-sapping money (I'd target the Bank of America, obviously; they deserve it) after I get the job I want (because I'm not legally obliged to have a degree for being a professional anything anymore!) is going to deal with personal needs and desires like food, home renovations, furnishings and entertainment and the like, among issues rooted in my psychology. Maybe I'll get a puppy.

atria
November 2nd, 2012, 10:40 AM
No, I wouldn't. I've lived by the law all my life, so I can't see myself deviating off that path.

droomph
November 2nd, 2012, 11:04 AM
I would, but just to knock out a couple of dickwads and I'd be done with it. Accomplishments are a lot more satisfying with restrictions.

Harley Quinn
November 2nd, 2012, 11:22 AM
I think I'd become quite the kleptomaniac, lol. See food, want food, take food. You know, just having a constant supply of free lunch would be superb. It also would be good to have my room full of nice things from various stores, my wardrobe complete with many items from all the fashionable boutiques in the land. If i'm going to be an unrepentant criminal, I might as well be a stylish one.

Livewire
November 2nd, 2012, 11:26 AM
Get into the stock markets (legallly or illegally) and use the money and political savy to rule the world!

Sheep
November 2nd, 2012, 05:38 PM
I wish I could go a good bit over the speed limit since I tend to get impatient when getting to class, but no legal immunity can stop me from crashing and killing myself (especially given how I often don't realize certain things until it's too late), so I'll pass on that lmao. I'd probably just go "buy" everything I've ever wanted without paying for it. Or if that's too much, I'd get on flights without paying to travel. :3

Hannah
November 2nd, 2012, 11:29 PM
I'd steal a gun from a random store, kidnap Justin Bieber, and force him to love me. Other than that, I would do some things that can make my life more convenient, like rob the bank of a few million.

Ven Bloodia
November 2nd, 2012, 11:41 PM
I'd just run around with a samurai sword thinking I'm The Bride from Kill Bill and just decapitate everything in sight. Why? Because I'm bat**** crazy and in need of excitement in my life of course lol.

Mr Cat Dog
November 12th, 2012, 06:21 AM
I'd probably do lots of little things, like Harlequin mentioned. A quick bite to eat in one shop, followed by a small sampling of something more. Those 'victimless' crimes that no one (apart from a snappy CCTV camera) would see me to, and thus there'd be no judgment. Also, I could go around like Eric Cartman and say stuff like "I have legal immunity, who wants to touch me!?" Because I'm cool like that.

Yoshikko
November 12th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Yes I would use it, I'd steal food, and kill someone? lol, no jail for me. Well and I would shoplift some clothes.

Khawill
November 12th, 2012, 08:13 AM
I'd dedicate a few weeks doing funny pranks and such that are illegal. I'd steal a can, hire seven people and have them drive off a bridge to reenact that scene from inception (including the air tanks). I'd pull of a heist, with people who live above the law. Then when all of that gets boring, or becomes impossible to do, I'd be a vigilante until I die in combat.

OokamiShipper
November 12th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I would understand why some people take advantage of legal immunity, however personally, I wouldn't. I just don't have the capacity to do anything illegal, even if I was allowed to.
I think if I had the ability to not care about what others thought of me, I would have so much that I could do.

Brendino
November 12th, 2012, 11:54 PM
It's so easy saying that I'd do a lot of different illegal things like stealing, but being quite honest, I'd probably live my life the same way as I do now. The only two things I could think of would be taking the bus for free (because who wants to pay $80 a month for that?), and not bothering to get a passport to leave the country (I'm paying to travel, so why should I pay just to be able to leave?). That, and maybe not paying for the bottle of Coke I just drank while shopping.

Alinthea
November 13th, 2012, 03:18 AM
I'm lame and stick to speed limits. So, I would drive faster when its safe to do so XD

I would do this too! XD

Yup! Stay in the UK even when my visa expires :3

/high5

I wouldn't do many big things, I don't think; it would be really weird.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
November 17th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Probably just break traffic laws and take stuff (like fast food and gas) from companies that make money hand over fist anyway. I wouldn't use my immunity to do anything horribly evil.

And I might create fake credentials for myself in order to land myself a high paying job at a big company, then embezzle a small amount of their profits for my own personal gain.

But really, I'm all for doing 75 in a 65 zone and turning right on red at those intersections that have those signs saying "No Right Turns On Red."

Cosmotone8
November 17th, 2012, 08:52 AM
I have no idea what I'd do, honestly. xD Maybe just use it to get out of little things. :/