PDA

View Full Version : Dude, whoaaaah

Brynjolf
November 5th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Let's talk. About somethin' deep.

What makes your mind go nuts?
What's the one thing that you can't quite comprehend?
We all have that one subject that we can't quite grasp. It's so surreal.

Tell me, what concepts make you speechless? Your mind goes fuzzy, it's so hard to think about.

Me? Well.. Driving along the highway. All those cars..
All the people in those cars.
All of them have a different life, just as complex as yours may be.
All of them have ambitions, goals, and all of them are just as conscious as you are.
What are they thinking? What are they going through?
You don't know them, they don't know you.
Each mile of road you drive means you pass thousands of years of experiences, emotions, and you're witnessing a tiny part of someone else's day.
Every one of those people has a place here, like you.

They're not just cars.

Now: Your turn. What is one mind-boggling thing that you can't seem to grasp?
Be it death, the vast expanses of the universe itself, or the complexity of life, all of us have moments of deep thought.

Think a little.

Hannah
November 6th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Life. Even as I type this, I'm still wondering about it. I'm a curious person, and I can't stand the fact that I don't know everything in this world -- but I know that wouldn't be possible. Questions keep stirring in my mind every minute of the day. Why did God make humans? Was he lonely? Did he want to play with our emotions? Why does the world spin? Why is the sun only a medium sized star, when God can make it the largest? One question leads to another, but the only answer anyone can give me is, "That's life." I don't know, it's interesting to think about.

♣Gawain♣
November 6th, 2012, 03:34 AM
What would? Thinking of having friends(or how to make friends...) and how would they and will or might betray you when you turn your backs at them. Yep, that's how my world revolves right now.

Nearsighted king of Ice
November 7th, 2012, 04:32 AM
It makes me crazy when I'm at school and I hear people whispering, I usually think that they're talking about me. I usually wonder about what everyone at school thinks about, like why do the bullies do all those kind of stuff.

Katholic Nun
November 9th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Sometimes when I walk down the street, I think "...one day this street is not going to be here"

Then I get to thinking about any number of ways in which the place where I currently am could just be completely obliterated, whether it gets weathered away over time or some huge inferno engulfs it, or Australia shifts onto the edge of a tectonic plate and we start having earthquakes... but it's just that idea that things are not always going to be as they are now. The physical environment will shift and eventually everything we see now will be obselete.

Then I move onto the existence of people and how that ends, and how people that are here now never used to exist and one day will not exist again... the mind boggles!

Shiny Celebi
November 9th, 2012, 10:14 AM
I think a lot about how people's minds work and why they think the way they do, it's so complex and hard to understand, I constanty try to understand the way others think and why they do certain things. I also sometimes think about the future and what it will be like 100 years from now or when Im old.

Overlord Drakow
November 9th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Common sense. If it's so common why do so few people have it?

Brendino
November 9th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Thinking about how your body actually functions is quite amazing. And then you start thinking about all the smaller parts of your body right down to the cells, like how you have billions of blood and skin cells. And then if you break them down further, you realize that your body is made up of nothing more than things like carbon, hydorgen and oxygen, which are basically just protons, electrons and neutrons floating around- which all contain low amounts of electricity. So when you think about it, our bodies are basically run off electricity, just like so many of the other things we use in our life.

LividZephyr
November 9th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Common sense. If it's so common why do so few people have it?
This is one. Although it's called "practical sense" now because it isn't common. I don't get how other people think so selfishly and think they can get away with it. Is empathy a lost art? Is logical thinking a lost art, too? Do people not understand the basics anymore?

Society in general just baffles me. For a multitude of reasons. One of the biggest questions I ask myself is: Why do I want a society I hate to accept me? Why do I want to become one with barbarians? Why are certain things, like dressing yourself a certain way and certain behaviors, recommended but hardly done? It's just a mess, society is...

Oryx
November 9th, 2012, 08:28 PM
The passage of time. I can sit here thinking about how slow this one moment is passing, but it feels like my entire life led up to this moment and it's all in one amorphous "past". But in a week if I think about it again, this moment won't feel slow at all and will be part of that past that I feel went by so quickly. Every once in a while I try to just experience the moment I'm in as fully as possible to make it stick in my memory, but I can never remember those moments later.

Forever
November 15th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Life before being born. Like I think about it and I visualise and I see black and I see floating heads and I feel like my being existed but I'm not sure what was of my being and what it was thought of and omg this is confusing me already. ;(

Also the thought of other dimensions existing in the same space, though that's interesting to think of, however very confusing!!

Arago
December 9th, 2012, 04:46 PM
I contemplate a lot of questions that come about from watching too much television (usually the science channel) or listening to too much music or reading too many books. I'm a thinker, I think.

Right now, the big question I have is whether or not time is real, or was it established by man to cater to our needs and force us into schedules and ultimately daily routines. Because I feel like time dictates us.

⊗Slenderman⊗
December 13th, 2012, 07:55 PM
What Forever and Toujours said.
It bugs me to think about the concept of time and how it is continually moving, though.

T: Sometime ago I asked someone "Does time exist if nobody exists to keep time?" and apparently it bothered him and he kept thinking about it.

Squidchan
December 13th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Life. Even as I type this, I'm still wondering about it. I'm a curious person, and I can't stand the fact that I don't know everything in this world -- but I know that wouldn't be possible. Questions keep stirring in my mind every minute of the day. Why did God make humans? Was he lonely? Did he want to play with our emotions? Why does the world spin? Why is the sun only a medium sized star, when God can make it the largest? One question leads to another, but the only answer anyone can give me is, "That's life." I don't know, it's interesting to think about.

Your question 'Why is the sun only a medium sized star...?' sent me off on a journey of thought about everything that had to be 'just right' for life to occur on this planet.

Also the fact that we have evolved enough to wonder how and why we are here in the first place. That one is hard to explain how exactly it is hard to comprehend for me, I can't put it in words.

Another thing that I think about a lot is 'how do I know that everything and everyone around me exists, and is not just a figment of my imagination? A world that I have just created in my mind?'

I do a lot of thinking.

Just thought of another... It boggles my mind to think that the Earth, the Sun, the Solar System, even the Galaxy are moving through space at amazing speeds, but I can't feel it at all. Even though I haven't moved, I am not in the same point in space as I was a minute ago.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
December 15th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Life before and after my current life. I'm like, "Well, if I did have a previous life, I don't recall anything from it," and "When I die and move on to my next life, will any of my memories from this life remain in my next? Or will it be like pushing the proverbial reset button and I'll remember nothing, like I don't remember anything from before this life?"