PDA

View Full Version : Did you vote?

Powalen
November 6th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Did you vote in the Presidential election today?

Hannah
November 6th, 2012, 03:13 PM
No, because I'm from another country. But if I could, I would.

Brynjolf
November 6th, 2012, 04:00 PM
I did not vote today. I mean, I'm not of age to vote, anyway, so.. Not like I could have.. :-(

I would have voted for sure, though, if I was 18.

Blade_of_darkness
November 6th, 2012, 04:20 PM
I didn't vote. Never did, never will be.

I'm not even a registered voter, & unless they make online ballots, that'll be unlikely to change.

Mochi
November 6th, 2012, 04:33 PM
I voted, damn proud I did too!

Sodom
November 6th, 2012, 04:34 PM
No, I didn't vote because I'm Australian :(. If I were American, I would have though!

This topic is kind of exclusive to American people over the age of 18 (is voting age 18 or 21? idk), so since it's not inclusive of all people, normally I'd lock it. But since this is kind of a huge one-in-four-years topical deal, I'm gonna let it slide just this once. Carry on people!

LilJz
November 6th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Nope, because I'm Canadian :)
We had our own Provincial election a few weeks ago too! :D

GolurkIsDaBomb
November 6th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I would've voted but I didn't because (@ Andy) I'm not 18. :P

Even though the lines are crazy, I would have tried to. But at least they aren't as crazy where I live as they are in Florida!!!

TheKeybladeLord
November 6th, 2012, 05:15 PM
No, I didn't vote because I'm Australian :(. If I were American, I would have though!

This topic is kind of exclusive to American people over the age of 18 (is voting age 18 or 21? idk), so since it's not inclusive of all people, normally I'd lock it. But since this is kind of a huge one-in-four-years topical deal, I'm gonna let it slide just this once. Carry on people!So from this day on... topics of Australia day or Boxing day are not allowed!

No, I haven't voted because I didn't register, but I'll vote next time.

True Honey
November 6th, 2012, 05:40 PM
I voted early this morning, around 7:30 am in Washington D.C. It was my first time and I was very excited.

Doppelgänger
November 6th, 2012, 05:55 PM
This is the first election where I could have but nope, I haven't even registered. Plus, I hate the candidates. I'll do so next time.

Axeliira
November 6th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Yep! And I was too excited, because this would be the first time I voted in a PRESIDENTIAL election. Four years ago I couldn't vote because I was two weeks shy of turning 18.

I voted first thing in the morning when the polls opened.

LividZephyr
November 6th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Yes. Went this morning just to get it over with.

So glad this is going to be over. I'm sick of all the slime. Hopefully the Divided States of America can press on!

Mario The World Champion
November 6th, 2012, 06:23 PM
I voted for the first time ever today. I took care of that before Noon and got myself a pizza to celebrate. I'm currently watching the election coverage on CNN right now.

Sora
November 6th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Yup. Went and voted at the last minute. My mom was going to vote as well but I brought her purse in moments before we left and didn't notice it. I feel really bad since it was going to be the first time she would have voted but ... there is always next time. Shame though; if she voted she would have voted for the same person as me. Yay for being in a family with similar views.

Ice Car
November 6th, 2012, 06:29 PM
First off, I'm too young to vote. Second, I'm not engrossed enough in politics nor do I know enough about it to be comfortable voting for anybody. I'm not going to vote for somebody if I'm not absolutely sure I want to vote for the person in question. Every vote does count...

Aura Vitae
November 6th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Frankly I have interest in politics so despite the fact that this election would of been my first chance I did not vote.

November 6th, 2012, 06:57 PM
I heard the lines were crazy in the area I'm in, sooooo no thanks.

Tyrantrum
November 6th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Didn't vote because it doesn't matter. \m/

Forever
November 6th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Yeah I'd have voted for Obama if I was American (why is nobody saying who??? WHY IS THIS NOT ALLOWED AM I BREAKING SOME SECRET LAW?) idk why people are so private about candidates, because it's just a person you support and you shouldn't be ashamed of your views but NEVERMIND THAT IS ANOTHER ISSUE idk it drives me crazy when people IRL avoid it like the plague. What's wrong with friendly debate, crazies. :(

Nevertheless, yeah, if I was American I'd have chosen Obama, but sadly I'm Australian and can't vote from here. :( ALSO I THINK EVERY LITTLE VOTE WOULD'VE MATTERED!!! Much like the Big Brother voting where everyone should vote for Estelle. :3

Sammi
November 6th, 2012, 07:24 PM
No. It wouldn't have mattered for presidential. I live in Kansas. I probably would've voted for Obama but all the votes would've gone to Romney. I don't have an opinion of him so whatever. If he wins he wins I guess. If Obama wins he wins I guess. As you can tell, when it comes to presidency, I am rather apathetic.

I didn't vote because I didn't know who was running for senate/house/other stuff in my area. Thus, I didn't want to keep spaces blank or vote when I was uninformed. Hopefully next time I will actually remember to look people up before election so I vote.

Also I forgot to verify my address ages ago? I'm registered but I didn't verify the address so I don't know if I would've had issues voting today or not. Also the voting wasn't within walking distance from me. But mostly it was because being uninformed.

Lilith
November 6th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Yes. My line was about a 2 minute wait. This was my first year voting for the next President (plus all those funny people and funny amendments). I'm glad it's all over soon enough.

I would feel better if the poll had a 'can't vote' option. I get a little worried if that many people didn't vote but were able to. :p

Hikamaru
November 6th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Like Nica, I'm also Australian so I couldn't vote.

But if I were an American I would have voted Obama.

Sydian
November 6th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Yeah I'd have voted for Obama if I was American (why is nobody saying who??? WHY IS THIS NOT ALLOWED AM I BREAKING SOME SECRET LAW?)

Most people don't like revealing who they voted for, and others are obnoxious about it haha. I assume the former is because you live in a state or in a family with opposing views to yours and you want to keep it secret and not get slammed for it. Better to not even mention if you didn't vote either, cause you get rude remarks for that too.

I myself didn't vote. I am not informed enough on the candidates nor am I registered to vote. I feel like I should have a right to not vote as much as I have the right to vote. And I also feel like it would be a slap in the face to those that are engrossed in this stuff and know why they want to vote for whoever and then I just go vote without really understanding anything. Maybe next time, America.

droomph
November 6th, 2012, 09:44 PM
I don't think I'm allowed to vote even if I was 18 because I'm not like a murrican yet apparently (though I speak perfect english)

But if I didddddddd obama because let's see where he takes us. it'll be fun.

Aeon
November 6th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Yup. I was planning on jokingly writing in, but decided to vote for Obama at the last minute.

Vintage Arachnid
November 6th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Yes, I voted for Obama and I voted early! Woo. My first presidential election that I was allowed to vote in as well.

Seki
November 6th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Nope, because I am not American and probably too young to even vote even if I am one.

Playful_Weasel
November 6th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Yes, I voted for the second time. I do hate waiting. If you must know, I voted for Obama.

Synerjee
November 7th, 2012, 04:06 AM
Nope. I'm from another country. If I were American, maybe. Maybe not. Depends.

Rodriguezjames55
November 7th, 2012, 04:21 AM
yep and it was illegal cuz im 16 but i want gary johnson to get at least 5%

Esper
November 7th, 2012, 10:19 AM
I guess this isn't the thread to try to convince people of the importance of voting.

I voted. For Obama. I don't have to be shy about this because I'm from the left-wing bastion of California.

Anna
November 7th, 2012, 11:54 AM
I voted! I felt like I should because Mitt Romney's general theories on people and policies are a bit scary and anyway I'm in Minnesota so I had to go vote against the ban on marriage equality as well. Among other things. idk voting's important you guys it should be done. every little bit helps etc.

Mario The World Champion
November 7th, 2012, 02:52 PM
yep and it was illegal cuz im 16 but i want gary johnson to get at least 5%

If your vote was illegal, it doesn't count. I wouldn't be bragging about that if I were you.

.Skylight.
November 8th, 2012, 08:08 PM
I could of voted, but I chose not to. If I did vote I would of voted of Obama. I'm glad to see he got reelected for a second term.

Rodriguezjames55
November 9th, 2012, 03:11 AM
If your vote was illegal, it doesn't count. I wouldn't be bragging about that if I were you.

cuz of the hurricane people in jersey voted online i took advantage and voted

Mario The World Champion
November 9th, 2012, 11:12 AM
cuz of the hurricane people in jersey voted online i took advantage and voted

Either way, you're not a registered voter. Too bad your candidate never had a chance and your vote is illegal.

Livewire
November 9th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Voted early Tuesday morning before I went in to work. Obama for president, and to re-elect Sherrod Brown here in Ohio. Both won comfortably.

Oryx
November 9th, 2012, 11:25 AM
I wish I could have but I didn't vote. :(

Twilight Sky
November 9th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Yes I did! :3 First time voter, and it felt good~!

Kura
November 9th, 2012, 02:35 PM
No, because like the others, I'm from another country.