PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever stop watching the anime?

Hikamaru
November 6th, 2012, 09:34 PM
I saw a topic like this over on Serebii and I wanted to bring it here.

So, did you ever stop watching the Pokemon anime for any given reasons?

Reasons can range from the new voice actors, the plot changes, TV schedule getting screwed, characters leaving/getting bad treatment, because you outgrew it etc.

SamuJake
November 6th, 2012, 10:16 PM
I haven't really consistently been watching the series since Johto. After that I started to slowly watch less and less and for a while, none. Reasons why is because I was getting less interested, the voice actors weren't as great. It was getting repetitive and I found new shows to watch. I still love the old series, and once I've finished watching them I'll continue watching and hopefully get up to date with the whole anime series. Also there was a point where they didn't televise Pokemon here, so I couldn't. But they are showing a fair amount of it now, so that might help.

Seki
November 6th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Never constantly watch Pokemon ever since the start of Diamond and Pearl series. Have practically never watched a single episode of B/W.

Satoshi Ookami
November 7th, 2012, 12:56 AM
I did. When I was in 4th grade, Pokémon anime started to run on TV in my country and it run until MQ which was not aired... And with the stopped running everyone slowly forgot Pokémon me included.
I must say it was the worst 4-5 years of my life, because I wasn't watching ANY anime!
But then... in the 9th grade, I somehow found a Pokémon webpage with summaries of new episodes and started to be interested again, then I downloaded the MQ and AG series and started watching again and from that moment, I became interesting in anime globally and became who I'm now.

Synerjee
November 7th, 2012, 01:58 AM
I've kinda stopped watching the anime..I guess I have been too busy with other things and interests I kinda forgot to keep track of the series. Plus, I forgot the episode that I last watched and it's troublesome trying to go back to find it again. :/

Talli
November 7th, 2012, 02:35 AM
I did stop watching the anime not because of voice actors changed but because I lost the channel it was shown on after AG. but now I found a place to watch it I can.

Volcanix769
November 7th, 2012, 04:36 AM
I only stopped watching it a year ago because of how repetitive and how things got annoying. Then I sort of came back a few weeks ago watching Roxie battle Ash and the Meloetta being ill. Some of the Pokemon voices really made me want to not watch that show for a very long time.

Nearsighted king of Ice
November 7th, 2012, 04:46 AM
I stopped watching after "Venipede Stampede" because I got lazy and I really wanted to watch it on T.V.

Charicific
November 7th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Never....well at least not yet.
Not saying the anime is totally the best or something but it's fairly interesting to watch when you get linked to this franchise.

Correspondence
November 7th, 2012, 05:49 AM
I had started watching pokemon when i was 10 or something but i stopped watching near the end of the AG series because i just got bored.After a few months though I started watching it again from the DP series but after like 40-ish episodes i stopped watching it again and haven't seen it since.

Sandshrew4
November 7th, 2012, 06:33 AM
I stopped after black and white aired. I hated it...

Sora
November 7th, 2012, 07:55 AM
I stopped watching Pokemon a little into AG and didn't pick it back up until a few episodes into Black and White just a week or two ago. Just didn't really feel like watching it anymore and it got relatively boring for me. But after casually watching an episode of Black and White I can say that I'm really enjoying the newest generation and the voice don't bother me one bit. But I'm easily pleased.

Hikamaru
November 7th, 2012, 12:32 PM
I've been watching since Pokemon first aired in Australia, but I ended up going on an unexpected hiatus when the Hoenn saga began cos it was always on when I was going to school.

I did get back into watching when Sinnoh started airing and eventually continued into Unova (So far Black & White, and a bit of Rival Destinies) but I have now stopped watching altogether, at least on TV though. This was due to Eleven (the channel that airs Pokemon in Australia. It used to be on Ten, but moved to Eleven as of February 2012) holding off Rival Destinies until February 2013 at least, resulting in endless Sinnoh reruns.

I got sick of the constant Sinnoh reruns trolling me and I now resort to watching episodes online, which was fun cos I also caught up on Hoenn/BF episodes I missed and also watch some of my fave episodes too, as well as the new Rival Destinies episodes.

Iceman3317
November 7th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Yes. During the Sinnoh saga I missed a huge chunk of episodes because the time changed when it came on and because of the huge wait between the gyms. I did start watching it again when the main Team Galatic episodes came on. I really only watched the main episodes when Dawn,Ash,or Brock caught a pokemon,Team Galatic episodes and Contest and Gym episodes and of course the Pokemon League.

And I haven't really seen many of the Unova episodes due to the fact of the time. However I have loves every episode of Unova that I have seen.

Altomare
November 8th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Basically I only watched the Kanto and maybe Johto locally on TV. Afterwards, my interest in pokemon waned, and when I got a fast net connection I found most of the story too repetitive for me.
Although now, I'm giving Best wishes a chance.

Valvatorez
November 8th, 2012, 02:51 AM
I stopped watching the anime after the Johto Journeys season, but that was mainly because they didn't air it outside of digital television in this country, which at that point in time I didn't have, and this was before the days of Youtube and the various websites that upload anime, so I didn't have a source...much to my chagrin.

I started watching the anime again in earnest when Diamond and Pearl started airing, and I managed to catch up with what I'd missed (although I really wish I hadn't; the rest of Johto was good, but I didn't much care for the Hoenn or Battle Frontier seasons) thanks to online videos and DVDs. I've stopped again now that the Sinnoh seasons are over though, because I don't like Best Wishes. I don't like the art style, the fact that everything has been reset again, and I don't like Cilan or Iris either; Dawn was one of my favourite things about Sinnoh, and I don't like how she's just been discarded, and Cilan...well, I suppose I don't dislike him, but I don't like him either. He's just there.

I've kept half an eye on it because of the cameos, and depending on how it turns out I may watch it when it's all over, but for the moment I'm not really all that interested.

Hannah
November 8th, 2012, 03:00 AM
I'm not that interested with the anime series, just the games. I only watched the anime when Ash was in Hoenn, then Sinnoh. When BW came, my attention shifted from Pokemon to Adventure Time. I never watched the anime ever since.

carmelhadinosaur
November 8th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I thought I outgrew the show during Master's Quest like most people here but after two years I somehow returned to listening to songs and other tracks, and a year or so later I ended up re-watching the entire series from the start, it was at about the beginning of Diamond & Pearl.. and so I haven't missed an episode since!

Ven Bloodia
November 8th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I stopped watching the anime by the time I turned 12 or so, haven't looked back since.

Brendino
November 8th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Sometime during the Johto saga is when I stopped watching the series on a regular basis. It used to be on everyday after school, but at some point around this time, the schedule changed it to be on primarily weekend mornings (at like 7 or 8 am), and I had no desire to get up that early when I wasn't as big a fan of the show as I used to be anymore.

I haven't watched the show regularly since (I don't think I saw a single episode of the D/P era), but if I see it on TV, I'll sometimes watch just for the heck of it.

Kaean
November 8th, 2012, 04:43 PM
I stopped watching after the voice actors changed. It was just to much of a difference for me to get into the show anymore. I've been thinking that with the new animation style I might be able to get into b&w and pretend it's a new kid named Ash, but I haven't actually tried yet.

Playful_Weasel
November 8th, 2012, 06:15 PM
I still watch the anime, just the new episodes when they come out, they are on too early in the morning, and I'm not a morning person, so I wait until the episode is available online to see them. I haven't missed episodes yet, except for the skipped/banned episodes. I have seen the anime since it premiered in the USA in 1998.

Otter Mii-kun
November 9th, 2012, 05:56 PM
I stopped watching early into the Hoenn run, primarily because I was starting to get bored with the series. Misty getting replaced with May didn't help the situation, either.

CourageHound
November 9th, 2012, 06:02 PM
I stopped around early black and white....its just....(cant put thoughts into words). But i'm slowly starting to watch it a little more and more, again due to the rising action and rising coolness of the battles and certain scenes.

The Mega Champion
November 10th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Never.

It's one of the few things left on TV that's actually still good.

You see what I did there? I just burned about 99.9% of the shows that air on TV right now currently.

ashketchum23
November 10th, 2012, 11:11 AM
I have stopped watching Pokemon, and have lost the interest of it, for it was getting too ridiculous. When I was young, I knew Pokemon for it's funny, and adventurous theme. It seemed as if there was a challenge for the protagonist (Ash Ketchum,) and he always had questions, and remarks that lead to more problems. Just by Ash doing that, created humor, and fun. It caused Misty, and Brock to fight, and Ash will try to break the fights, and Ash will then again get into the fights. It was the perfect idea when Pokemon started; the character development and dialog was astonishing/brilliant. Now... it seems like you do not get to know these characters, and if you do, they are full of useless fillers. Pokemon is not what it use to be, and they should have just ended it after Misty left. Not even... long before that. It makes me cry thinking about the times of Pokemon, and looking at it now; oh how much it developed.

imevil
November 10th, 2012, 11:50 AM
When Unova started. I didn't like how they tried to change everything, didn't feel the same.

TwilightBlade
November 10th, 2012, 01:07 PM
I stopped watching during early Hoenn. Ash's Pikachu destroyed the main girl's bike.. again... -turns TV off- I figured I wasn't missing out on much. I do watch the movies though. I can handle watching some dozen movies, but not watching hundreds of episodes.

Digimon Kaiser
November 10th, 2012, 02:53 PM
I stopped after Indigo. That's when I discovered Digimon.

Ice Car
November 10th, 2012, 03:01 PM
I stopped watching it at season 1. I just didn't like anything after that.

Mynewusernameiskuzronkjustlookthatup
November 11th, 2012, 04:11 AM
I stopped watching it much around Hoenn/mid Sinnoh but I have seen a bit since then when I got back into Pokemon.

Aeon
November 11th, 2012, 04:24 AM
I started losing interest at the end of Johto. I saw a little bit of the beginning of Hoenn and wasn't all too interested.

AwesomeAsCrawdaunt
November 11th, 2012, 06:32 AM
I gave up after Battle Dimension. It wasn't going to get any better after that.

Gameb0y
November 12th, 2012, 11:50 AM
I've been watching Pokemon since it first aired here in the U.S while I was in the 3rd grade. When I started I loved the series so much I promised myself I would keep watching it till the end. But after the original voice of Ash left it wasn't the same but I still kept watching. But then after Battle Frontier, everything went downhill yet i still tried to hold on. It was like holding on to a burning coal, I tried my best. But when Black and White show was out, they completely butchered everything remaining that I loved. I'm sorry but I just can't. Still a fan, will watch the show too if it's on and I'm channel surfing. But I won't go out of my way to just watch it like how things were before. They completely wiped out his whole past that I grew up with and mutilated his design.

GrimmReaper
November 12th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I watched the series when it first started in the UK and the only reason I stopped watching it is because I felt I had outgrown it by the time I reached Secondary school, around the AG series. I was in such a rush to "grow up" that I abandoned many of the enjoyments of my youth. But being an adult, and having to work and study and pay tax and cook and clean is just so boring. So I decided to become a man-child. I heard the Indigo League theme song one day and suddenly wanted to watch "The Flame Pokemon-athon" episode for the epic moment when Ponyta evolves, and since then I've started watching every episode from the beginning. I'm currently on "A Goldenrod Oppertunity". :)

LividZephyr
November 12th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Yes. Around the time of the "Golden Armor" incident. That was it for me. The deus ex machinas, the constant Team Rocket interruptions, the repetitiveness, the boredom... I got tired of it all. It wasn't fun to watch anymore.

When I heard the fandub about a year later, I was glad to have made the decision I did. I still watch some episodes now and then, but really not often. I'll watch the old ones for nostalgia, but honestly, I kind of outgrew it. It just isn't fun to watch anymore, for me anyway.

poopydude
November 12th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Stopped watching when they changed the voice actors. I was very angry at that decision but i started to loose interest long before that. As soon as they got rid of Misty the show went down hill IMO. Ash started to become more and more repetitive and dumbed down. I really thought he was on the top of his game back when they hit the Orange Islands. I saw glimpses of that in the Silver Conference but after that it just didnt do it for me anymore

CJBlazer
November 13th, 2012, 04:01 AM
i stopped watching when the show reached the DP era. Dawn seriously disgusted me. She was brattish and annoying. I am gradually getting back into it, since Team Roclet has a cool new attitude. I like BW but I hated DP.

Hiroshi Sotomura
November 13th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Rose-tinted lenses abroad!

I watched BW with a lot of hope that it'd be pretty good, and then I kinda got busy with other things. Haven't had the opportunity to actually keep watching it.

I've been pretty much stop and go.

Hiroshi Sotomura
November 13th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Rose-tinted lenses abroad!

I watched BW with a lot of hope that it'd be pretty good, and then I kinda got busy with other things. Haven't had the opportunity to actually keep watching it.

I've been pretty much stop and go.

Pidgey
November 13th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Eh, I've never really been watching the anime consistently. The first time around, when the first season was aired here, I did watch it pretty much every day a new episode came out, and I hated it whenever I missed one, since at the time I had no way of getting to watch it again, and that went on for most of the first season. But when it reached Hoenn, it just jumped around. They completely skipped the Orange Island season, and they went straight to the middle of Johto from the end, and I kinda lost interest, since I had no idea what the heck was going on and where they even were in the whole thing. Then years passed, and I tried watching it again on TV, and what do you know, they were only in Hoenn. Watched through a few episodes untill they again skipped, directly into the middle of Battle Frontier, from which they showed a few episodes, and when straight to Sinnoh. At that point I completely gave up on it, and discovered some time later I could watch them online ;p From there I watched through a few seasons, but became bored of it from there, and didn't start watching again till they were at the end of the Sinnoh.

So yeah, I've stopped watching it several times, and I'm certain it's a pattern I will keep up.

awolfsquared
November 13th, 2012, 06:10 AM
I stop watching in early DP. I've saw at least the first three DP epsiodes and several other eps after that and stopped completely. I hated the new voice actors for the dub. They sounded really awful in Battle Frontier and after one season of listening to them, I couldn't stand them. While I could of just watched them in Japanese with subs, but wasn't sure where to look and soon forgot about it. I haven't watched the first season of Black and White either cause I hated Iris and Cilan. But then they announced Rival Destinies and I decided to give the anime a chance again. The premiere episode actually ended up being good and convinced me enough to start watching the anime again. I love how Team Rocket a more sinister objective than just stealing Pikachu. So I just recently got back into it and have seen almost every episode of Rival Destinies.

AdrianD
November 13th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I dont have cable so pretty much when pokemon went to CN i stopped. Then i saw some new episodes at peoples who had cable, all new voices. I was like... ya no...

Sableye~
November 23rd, 2012, 03:40 PM
I stopped sometime ago.
Mainly because I seem to have outgrown watching it. Though I do admit that it was fun watching when Ash battled gym leaders and other trainers. X) Brock's obsession with women got a bit annoying, in my opinion.

Sweet Smoochum
December 5th, 2012, 09:13 PM
When I was in fifth grade. Also, when I had no cable. I didn't watch Pokemon. Also, when I had classes that would be the time the show aired.

I actually got used to the new voice actors in the anime. I don't really have a preference actually. I was really used to the old ones at the time of the switch.

I don't know really who to pair Ash with. I just currently watch to see what he's up to.

Azumi
December 5th, 2012, 10:03 PM
The only seasons I have ever watched in full, bar fillers, are probably the original, Orange Islands and DP, because Pokemon stopped airing after Orange Islands when I was a kid. I started going back to the anime when Battle Frontier was almost over and DP was about to begin in Japan.

After DP and a few episodes of Best Wishes, I'm only watching episodes for game cameos such as various gym leaders and major characters, like the Subway Masters and Bianca (but since I don't like anime Bianca, I don't watch the episodes with her in it either). Maybe I've finally had it with Ash and the terrible writing?? Team Plasma VS Team Rocket never getting to air (?) probably didn't help matters.

With the new saga though, I might just begin to tune in again... on N and Plasma-related episodes. :9

(Note: I almost never watch the dub, by the way, so I don't have problems with the voices. The more you know!)

EDIT: As much as I dislike Paul and his existence as a failed version of a Stop Having Fun Guy, as well as the way the saga ended with Ash losing in the semi-finals to a cheater that the writers pulled out of their butts, I still treasure DP a lot. I mean sure the fillers were boring and I didn't really watch those, but the plot-related episodes I did enjoy (especially Ash VS Paul). Gen IV being the time when I was interested into Pokemon again helps.
Also I watched N's debut episode and I decided I will ignore everything else other than game cameos and N/Plasma episodes.

FiyahKitteh
December 8th, 2012, 09:25 AM
I used to watch the Pokémon Anime pretty much from the first time they aired it here in Europe, but eventually had to stop, since - as you may be able to guess - most of those shows were on during very odd times for people who have a more adult life (apprenticeship, work etc). D:

I am however planning to - some day - start from S01E01 and watch all the way to the "end". That's one Hell of a task and I know it's going to take me about a life-time but hey, why not! xD

romeotatted
December 15th, 2012, 12:04 PM
pokemon was my childhood back when i was younger,and flashbacks of the idigo league series keep me into it despite me bein older now (22years old),sadly pokemon didnt fit my schedule back then,i was in foster care and the only way i was able to watch pokemon was on channel 11 every saturday morning which aired a new episode (new york),but it was every saturday morning that i wuld be taken to the agency to see my parents,so it wasnt the best situation,to this day i remember me cryin over not bein able to watch a special episode that had articuno in it but not wantin to stay to watch it either due to me wantin to see my parents jeje,but if any of u guys have a way to show me how to download the whole indigo league saga plz let me noe,i just want the indigo league saga

Arcticuno
December 15th, 2012, 12:19 PM
I did not watch the Generation 4 Pokemon Anime Diamond & Pearl because it sucked. The characters were just annoying. However, I started watching Pokemon again when Pokemon: Best Wishes! was released and still continue to do so.:cer_nod:

Rewy
December 15th, 2012, 04:02 PM
I am however planning to - some day - start from S01E01 and watch all the way to the "end". That's one Hell of a task and I know it's going to take me about a life-time but hey, why not! xD

I've actually done that during these few years. When I get back home I just pust around 25 episodes on a playlist (japanese, english subs), hit play and start working on graphic projects from work with the window semi-transparent in a corner. =P

But yeah, I stopped watching the TV aired version here around... Koga's gym? I just remember many Venonats...
Then around 6 years ago, I got finished with schools and ended up with way too much free time while job hunting and such. I picked up the episodes and relived childhood practically in half a year until I couldn't find subs for Hoenn episodes. But by now I'm just waiting for the new episodes as the air in japan.

pikakitten
December 15th, 2012, 08:52 PM
I stopped watching around well I can't remember when but we (sister, mom, cats) moved into our stepdad's house and they didn't have a channel with it so I felt like I missed too much to keep watching like I haven't seen 1 Full episode from the Best Wishes series. I might consider coming back for the N season since it should be reset like whenever it's a new series/season.

Patrick
December 15th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Geez, it's been so long since I watched the anime that I can't honestly remember a whole lot about it, where I stopped exactly, or even the definate why. Here's what I can remember.

I started when it first aired, back before Kids WB got a hold of it, back when the episode titles were just as descriptive as the original Japanese titles. And I remember loving those episodes the most, because 4Kids was a really, really small company back then, and they seemed to be rather humble. The episodes were treated with a certain kind of respect I feel dropped once 4Kids got bigger.

But honestly, I have no beef with 4Kids. I'm far too old to, for one, and through and through, the Pokemon anime was still one of there more faithful works compared to game-animes like Kirby and Sonic X.

Anyway, my sister and I were so on top of the Pokemon anime, it's what convinced us to buy Red and Blue. My first episode was the one where Ash dresses like a girl to fight Erika... I think. The grass Gym Leader at any rate. I thought that was good old fashioned comic-anime gold. My favorite episodes are probably Pokemon Fashion Flash, and the one with the giant fake Pokemon and the Pokemon themselves talking in subtitles. The one that followed, Tentacool and Tentacruel, was pretty neat, too. Aww... now I want to watch these again. I think I was so upset that there were no more episodes after a point. Talk about a cliffhanger, I never thought I'd see the rest of the series. :(

Then it got picked up by Kids WB, and I was estatic. Problem is, now the Kids WB years are one big mess of a blur. I recall only two episodes. Pikachu ReVolts for being an episode done by the "good" animation studio, and Wherefore Art Thou Pokemon because I love me some Nidoran (by extension, I only recall the Nido parts of the pink Pokemon episode, the "Pinky Land" dream sequence, something about Rhyhorn and nothing else). The Johto episodes are when I started to feel some fatigue. Through and through, I liked the Indigo and Orange Island episodes even if my memories are hazy, but Johto was brutal, and I swear the animation quality started to drop. I only remember the Larvitar episode (vaguely), and Squirtle making a comeback in the Johto League. And Chikorita/Bayleef having a crush on Ash. Oh, and Whitney having a Nidorina who was on screen for 5 seconds. :P

Here's the thing, most everyone I knew gave up halfway or even partway into Johto, and I can't blame them. But I presevered, and why? Because the Team Rocket centric episodes (that I don't even remember -_-, though now I'm starting to recall Holy Matrimony) were some of the best character development stories in the series. That, and watching the show just for TR's sh-tick alone gave me a reason to continue. Granted, I started to develop a disliking for Ash's Blast-'em-Now-Ask-Questions-Later mentality towards TR, but I could totally understand that his tolerance level for them was at zero some time before they got to Houen.

Advanced Generation sort of picked things up in the first few episodes. The new digital animation felt inspired, and the quality went up, if only for a short while (they actually started to blink in scenes when they stood around listening to exposition. Amazing!). I loved May and Max, and thought having that brother-sister dynamic in the show was cool. On top of that, I really enjoyed the 3rd generation of Pokemon, and the games way more than generation 2.

And yet, somewhere during Advanced Generation, I just dropped off. It had TR, May and Max, a set of Pokemon I actually liked, but it still wasn't enough. I think it just became too formulaic for me. That, or I was flat out fatigued. Either way, I don't know where I stopped for sure, it was after the Ralts episode, and they weren't done getting all the badges/ribbons/medals/whatever.

I remember catching an episode of generation four where I think Ash's Turtwig evolved into a whatsits (I stopped playing at Gen 3), and all I could think of was "it's still the same old show". Like The Simpsons. Except The Simpsons is probably much worse.

So, that's my long and rambling story, which triggered some fun memories along the way, so I apologize for getting wordy. But yeah, overall, I stopped during AG due to fatigue, or not buying into the formula anymore.

Sheep
December 17th, 2012, 09:32 PM
I did! I lost interest in Diamond/Pearl since I didn't like Dawn and fell out of watching around then, though I never really kept up with any generations before that either. But D/P made me lose interest for a while whereas for previous seasons I was just too young to really know that there were Japanese versions out before the English, so...

I'm also going through a phase right now where I'm not watching much, but that'll change once season N rolls around!

JessieFan92
December 22nd, 2012, 09:33 PM
I think I stopped watching it when Dawn appeared. I got tired of Team Rocket too.

Sweet Smoochum
December 29th, 2012, 12:03 AM
No cable, or school would be the only reason for me not watching Pokemon. It's happened before.

Arcturus.
December 29th, 2012, 07:16 PM
I stopped watching watching the anime a while ago. Probably around the time Ash was in Sinnoh I think. I don't know, my memories of the anime are very hazy. Sometimes I'll be flipping through the channels and stop for a few minutes if I notice it's on, but I never really watch it anymore. I'm pretty sure I just got bored of the series.

CarcharOdin
December 29th, 2012, 11:24 PM
I still watch it from time to time online when I'm bored out of my mind and I have nothing better to do.

Gotta say though, I find the current BW rivals to be very amusing characters. Especially Burgundy and Georgia.

Except Trip. He's bland and boring and he can go to hell.

Kotetsu-kun
December 30th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I stop watching at certain parts. So I watch very interesting parts such as my first appearance, the Pokestar Studios episode, and my battles.

Rivvon
January 6th, 2013, 07:15 PM
I stopped watching at Hoenn. I felt the animation quality dropped (and if I'm not mistaken, the animation was done in a different studio beginning at that point), and the quality of the writing dropped, too. I began watching again during the Unova/Best Wishes series, because to me it brings back a lot of the charm, humor, and uniqueness in terms of human characters, animation, and individual Pokemon's personalities that the Kanto, Orange Islands, and Johto seasons did so well.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
January 7th, 2013, 12:52 PM
I know I watched up to and including Johto consistently but I had to stop watching on TV for a while cause it changed channels and I wasn't sure where I could watch it anymore, but I still watch it when I can (like sometimes the show the movies once in a blue moon) and I try to keep up to date online :)

Ultimate Umbreon
January 7th, 2013, 01:00 PM
i stoped watching black and white because citv kept showing repeats and i never really liked that searies. tbh i think rival destinies is better than black and white, epspecially when dawn came back!

Rϵd
January 8th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Yeah, I stopped watching when Hoenn ended because DP wasn't so interesting and I didn't like Dawn, now they did something worse. They put Cilan in place of Brock, the one who makes the anime funny and Iris is a copy of Dawn. No, I dunno if she's a copy of Dawn since I don't watch the anime anynore :P

Rou.Tsuki
January 9th, 2013, 10:34 AM
I think I stopped when Pokemon was moved to cable. I'm just not willing to pay for channels I don't watch and if they ever come up with a'la carte channel packages, then I just may paid for TV.

Starry Windy
January 17th, 2013, 06:26 AM
I was stopping watching Pokemon Anime months ago when my watching schedule was interrupted, but now I watch it again because of Episode N hype.

Guy
January 17th, 2013, 12:02 PM
It was during the Johto Saga that I kind of got behind on watching the anime, and I just stopped for awhile. There's still a big chunk of episodes during those seasons in Johto that I haven't seen yet. Then again, I don't think I missed much given all of the fillllleeeeerrrrrr Johto had. It was only two or three years ago when I finally watched all of the Silver Conference episodes that I hadn't seen already.

When the Hoenn Saga was about to begin, that's when I got back into watching the anime again and followed it pretty closely for awhile. There was a time in the middle that I got behind, but it wasn't as bad as with Johto.

Ever since Sinnoh, I've been following the show consistently. There were a few episodes in Best Wishes that I missed and haven't caught up on yet, but I can't be bothered. As I will continue to watch the anime, I have to say the Black and White season has been kind of disappointing to say the least.

SaniOKh
January 17th, 2013, 01:01 PM
I'll be the odd man out here. I actually lost interest in the anime more or less after the sixth episode of the original series. After that when I got my first Pokémon game (Blue), I tried to watch it again only because I was curious how the gyms from the game would be represented in the anime. And somewhere during the Orange Islands arc, I lost interest again, this time for good.

I think I never really got into it. Then again, I'm not a big anime fan in general.

Sandshrew4
January 17th, 2013, 01:31 PM
I pretty much stopped watching once I saw one episode of black and white.

KogiTheFox
January 17th, 2013, 03:42 PM
I stopped watching when Ash went to the Hoenn region. It just stopped being charming at that point.

Evanlyn
January 17th, 2013, 04:04 PM
I stopped watching the anime years ago, I think it was because we got rid of the channel or they stopped putting it on TV or something like that.
Just looking at the pictures of Ash in the newest series though, it's scared me off!

I've started watching the pokemon episodes again though recently, right from series 1!

digimonqueen
January 17th, 2013, 04:50 PM
yeah...once. i banned myself from watching it 'cause i was FURIOUS that i missed Keldeo vs. The Sacred Swordsman. when i finally got to watch it ONLINE, though, i was back to watching episodes! though now i need to catch up on what i missed.

Apollo
January 19th, 2013, 06:39 PM
At one or two points, yes, I have considered to stop watching the anime. It was mainly because of Ash, actually. Now, I have realized that I've missed the anime a lot and how it got me into Pokemon. I only watched until the end of the Sinnoh saga, and only watched the BW episodes with Dawn in it, since Iris was pretty lame and I just didn't like it. :I I might consider watching more of BW, though.

Gzomyndzor
January 20th, 2013, 03:16 AM
I did watch a lot of it when I was younger, but since I wasn't that dedicated I missed a lot of episodes and jumped around the series a bit. I really did enjoy it, however I guess I grew out of it; it started getting stale and I preferred to play the games than watch the anime. I only like the really old 'classic' series, but I did watch most of the movies (stopped at the Gen 4 movies). I won't ever get back into it, but I may watch the old series just for nostalgia sakes.

Windowzs
January 20th, 2013, 04:19 AM
I stopped watching around the beginning of the "Advanced" seasons. I guess I just reached the age where I was too busy to keep watching it. That or I never remembered when it came on a the time either. The show also felt like it was just repeating itself over and over again so these days its like "You seen one episode, you pretty much seen them all". I hear the black and white seasons gotten better, but I haven't caught an episode of that yet.

Ichinish
January 20th, 2013, 05:38 AM
I've stopped watching when the seasons with gen III has started. Then I started watching again in Diamond and Pearl.

Nintendofox3d
January 20th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Yeah, I'm not watching it right now...
I watch the episodes in Japanese sometimes, but not the whole thing.
Like, last thursday, I watched The first episode N episode.

I only watch if something cool, important happens.
And I really only watch the dub if it's a new movie, or the episode has a new opening.

So in conclusion, I only watch it if I really want to.
I usually only watch if there's a new opening/ending.
I don't know why...

This is the reason I watched it last time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R_BWKYrp-g

Itstoppedatumbreon
January 20th, 2013, 09:07 AM
In sinnoh, when the entire thing turned into pokemon contest's,

Sweets Witch
January 20th, 2013, 12:33 PM
I stopped watching maybe halfway through Hoenn and completely missed the last few gyms, League, and Frontier. No clue what happened there but I think it involved a Sceptile. Then I completely missed out on Sinnoh while it was airing until just before the League battles when I was on Serebii and I happened to look at Ash's team and go "Oh hey this looks pretty sweet" so I watched a condensed version (captures, gym battles, evolutions, character introductions only, pretty much) and caught up in time for Ash vs Paul and it restored my faith in the anime.

Then I showed how restored my faith was by putting off the newest journey over and over until I just decided to give up and not watch it.

Kaisersaur
January 20th, 2013, 07:09 PM
I stopped watching the anime, because Ash is as dumb as a bag of door knobs, I would actually love to see him 4 or 5 years older. I mean, I know it's a kids show but a lot of us grew watching it and it just make me lose interest with the same cyclic Team Rocket tries to take pikachu again and again. I think the majority of people actually playing the games or watching the anime are 14+. A little more "mature" content would be great, just like in the manga at least to throw a hint that the characters actually have a gender and not all of them are happy friend-zoned forever.

That's just how I see it

jfuze174
January 21st, 2013, 10:48 PM
The only thing bad about pokemon is that the writers are too lazy cause they know they will make their money regardless they could of let ash win years ago but they have to milk it while its still hot that's why I know pokemon is never going to have a final episode these guys are going To run it into the ground with repetitive-ness and were going to wake up 1 day to find out pokemon was cancelled due to lack of ratings

JawKam
January 22nd, 2013, 06:38 PM
Pretty much ended my anime marathon after Johto.

Thereaperofdeath19
January 23rd, 2013, 04:19 AM
lets see i stooped watching pokemon when i was 10 and got into other anime like DBZ Bleach etc until i saw pokemon in jb-hi-fi and thought why not might as well get back into it again that was last year and now watching the hoenn one soon it will not have the old voice actors

Imperator161
January 23rd, 2013, 02:11 PM
I stopped watching when the voice actors changed and the show moved to Cartoon Network. I didn't like the new voice actors at all, and I didn't have cable, so I didn't have any way of watching new episodes when they aired anyway. My interest started to dwindle a couple of seasons before that, though. I never liked the Hoenn series characters much, and I also disliked how Ash essentially dumped all of his Pokemon (sans Pikachu) and "rebooted" at the start of the Advanced series. As a result, though I watched the Hoenn episodes until they went off the air, I wasn't as upset by Pokemon's switch to cable (and therefore, off of my TV) as I expected to be.

RoreyG
January 23rd, 2013, 02:54 PM
I stopped watching halfway through Hoenn. For me, it lost its charm; it just didn't appeal to me anymore. My nostalgia for the show ended after Master Quest.

I'll occasionally watch it if I'm bored and there's nothing else good on TV, but that's about it.

Cerberus87
January 23rd, 2013, 04:48 PM
I stopped mid-Johto I think. The show advanced at the pace of a snail back then.

But really, I stopped watching because of Ash's plot armor. I know Pikachu is supposed to be the mascot and all that, but really, it's way too strong in the anime. The anime depicted things that puzzled me back then. Ash's toddler Pokémon could beat things three times more powerful than them. Also, the whole thing with "being friends" with Pokémon and what not, being stubborn about things such as evolution, and so on.

Finally, every episode is the same apart from a few different elements. I started watching the first series of Yu-Gi-Oh at the same time Johto was airing in my country and the storyline approach of Yu-Gi-Oh appealed to me much more, despite Yami Yugi having way bigger plot armor than Ash.

I was really happy when I found out they introduced in DP a character with the mindset of a competitive battler (Paul). Paul was the best invention they could've come up with, a guy who does exactly what we do at the beginning of the games (something like, catch three Starlys and keep only the one with a good nature). He was a metaphor, an antithesis to the whole anime and the message it passed to the viewers, and, since I was fed up with Ash, I thought it was a great thing. Paul is what the kids grow up into once they grow out of the anime and take the games more seriously.

Mochi
January 23rd, 2013, 06:49 PM
I stopped watching sometime in the Hoenn arc. I remember being super excited for the whole premiere episode they did for Sinnoh, the maiden voyage ep or something, mostly because at the time I really thought Dawn/Hikari had such an amazing character design and was excited to see her in action. But, I didn't watch anything after that lol.

Whistler
January 23rd, 2013, 11:42 PM
Stopped watching it with Diamond and Pearl. Tried watching Black and White series, came to the conclusion that Iris is addicted to Apples and needs help. ;__;

Jalsy
January 25th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Yes I did, it also depends on my mood whether I like watching or not. XD Also, new characters and plot were also some of the factors, making me watch or not.

The Amazing Justin
January 26th, 2013, 08:47 AM
I stopped watching in early Sinnoh, it just got ridiculously boring to me.

yossarian
January 30th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Apologies for the tl;dr, in advance.

Wow it's been ages since I logged on or followed any thing of the anime. Only came back as I've only just found out that B&W is concluding and Generation VI is in the works.

Anyway with regards to the question at hand: after persisting bravely with the anime for many years up till the end of Sinnoh I just gave up at the start of Unova. I got really pissed of with the way Sinnoh was concluded - no meet ups with any of Ash's old pokemon back at Oak's place, no typical episode back at Pallet Town, sudden arrival at Unova and no references at all to any of Ash's past and Pikachu comically losing yet again to some starter right when he arrives in Unova.

Not that I had any hopes of any significant global progression in Ash's initial goal of being a "Pokemon Master" (remember those days, ehh?). I realised at the end of Johto that the anime was never going to conclude any time soon or that Ash would progress and develop that much and the entire story would essentially be reset every region, but ...... there were at least references to the previous regions & adventures up till Sinnoh, e.g. Old and previous generation pokemon reappearing, previous characters returning for a brief spell, Ash's earlier pokemon returning, flashbacks to the past, Ash spending time in Pallet etc etc, something that was completely erased during Unova.

As a matter of fact, I hear it got even worse at the Unova tournament with Ash actually regressing in terms of final tournament position. That's the final straw as far as I'm concerned with my association with the series. At the very least I expected Ash to equal his Top Four achievement in Sinnoh, with him finally winning a final league tournament when the series finally comes to a conclusion.

I may watch some of the earlier seasons for nostalgia purposes at some point in the future but unless I discover some episodes in the future with references to earlier periods I'll probably just skim the timeline page on Bulbapedia every few months just to get an idea what's going on. Plus just being a lot older now with responsibilities and more important things in life to worry out, I don't simply have the time to spend watching episodes.

SoulSilver10112
January 30th, 2013, 07:42 PM
I stopped watching in Unova. I kind of lost intrest after they left Brock and Team Rocket got promoted and didn't appear as often. I thought they were funny characters, and without them, I stopped waking up early Saturday mornings to watch the show.

Caelus
January 30th, 2013, 09:16 PM
I stopped watching the series during the Johto saga because I didn't like the new Pokemon, then I got back when they got to Hoenn, stopped watching after about halfway through Sinnoh, and honestly haven't watched a single episode since maybe 2009.

Though honestly outside of sports I don't even watch TV anymore.

solaris knight
January 31st, 2013, 08:58 AM
I stopped in the 4th generation. The writing was just getting so ]terrible. I mean, pokémon isn't the greates anime out there, but the 4th generation just felt so awful. I only came back for the league matches, which I generally liked, with the exception of Walking-plot-device aka Tobias.

Tried watching the japanese version of Best Wishes. Got up until the third gym without any annoyance, but I stopped because I wanted to wait until that cancelled two-parter was aired. Which never happened...so, I eventually lost interest and just started watching Doctor Who.

xVaporeon
January 31st, 2013, 02:27 PM
Going to be honest, the old anime was my favourite.

You know, old-old, with Ash, Misty and Brock.. I watched less of the anime around the time when the second generation was introduced and I just gradually stopped watching it, yet I did watch all of the movies. I don't keep up with the anime anymore, but I do watch it from time to time whenever it's on and I happen to catch it.
I stopped watching the movies at the Lucario one (I can't remember the name of it) as I really disliked that one, sorry! :P I'm re-watching the old series though, plus all of the old movies.
Nostalgia!

pokemanmdj
January 31st, 2013, 08:29 PM
I had stopped around the 4 gen for a while.
I don't know why, either. I guess I just never thought of watching it, for some reason. .-.
Had to catch up afterwards, though.

doeboy9
February 1st, 2013, 07:31 AM
I originally stopped midway through Johto champions (correct me if im wrong on the name) I believe. I recently got into the current season and am enjoying it.

KriegStein
February 1st, 2013, 07:48 AM
I started to watch from the very beginning. And I continued to watch up until dawn joined. Maybe a little after that. Didnt like the show much then anymore. Then I moved to watch otjet anime mostly. I have an idea of starting to watch the series again from the beginning and stop at kanto final.

halcyonic
February 1st, 2013, 08:06 PM
I was FORCED to stop somewhere during the first DPPt season or whatever you call them seasons. I bought the DVD's cause where I live in, Pokemon isn't on the showlist. Then..... the DVD prices went up like a rocket, so yeah......

HaiImNate
February 1st, 2013, 10:05 PM
I watch the anime off and on. If I see Pokemon on Boomerang or CN, then I'll normally watch it. I stopped watching the anime consistently about the time it got to the Sinnoh region.

Miss Anne Thrope
February 2nd, 2013, 04:16 PM
When I was a child, I had no cable, so no watching Pokemon on TV. They had a select few VHS movies of Pokemon at my Blockbuster, so I rented those a lot and watched those.
Occasionally I went to my dad's house and watched Pokemon, as he did have cable.
Around the time the characters went to the islands and traveled with Tracey instead of Brock, I got less interested in the anime and played the games and cards exclusively.
I remember once, years later (perhaps 2004) I saw an episode of AG on TV, I actually think the channel was WB, and I was appauled. I didn't like May, I didn't like how Pikachu's design seemed to have changed (it looked less pudgy and more defined.) I didn't like how there was no "who's that Pokemon?!" break. So I just completely fell out of the anime.
Then, upon deciding to watch the first DP episode last spring, I became interested again and kept watching. I haven't seen all of the DP episodes, but most of the episodes I've seen are DP. I also like the BW series, I didn't like Iris at first but after awhile she grew on me.
So yeah, I took a huge anime break. About 7-8 years.

F1ygon
February 11th, 2013, 11:10 AM
When it hit the 4th gen, I cried slowly watching my favorite childhood show turn into Digimon :'(

Squirrel
March 2nd, 2013, 06:12 AM
I absolutely adored the anime up until Gen IV, then for some reason I just gradually lost interest as Gen V came around. I watched half of the series (up until Brycen's gym battle) and it was very good, but it just wasn't gripping enough compared to the other sagas. It's probably because it's the same thing over and over again but this time trying to be very different with the new characters etc, it just didn't feel worth watching any more. I'll probably get into it again soon enough though, my addiction with anime is quite sporadic haha.

Gleam Noiyam
March 4th, 2013, 01:58 PM
No I haven't stopped watching ever since I started watching it six years ago and I honestly don't plan on stopping because it somewhat keeps me entertained. But there were times I had planned on it when Sinnoh started to get annoying but even than I didn't' stop. I only stop when there is a break between seasons which these days are rare.

CliveKoopa
March 6th, 2013, 11:01 AM
I tend to go back and forth on Pokémon and a lot of things so yeah I have stopped watching the anime from time to time.

ShinyBidoof
March 6th, 2013, 11:34 AM
I kinda stopped watching after the GS era ended :/ I guess thats about when I didnt have time to watch after school every day anymore.

LiquidRage
March 6th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Yep, I stopped watching around midway through Gen 4 story. I just felt like there was soooo much side stuff and smaller plotlines. I JUST COULDN'T TAKE IT!

B-L-A-Z-E
March 9th, 2013, 11:06 PM
I used to watch it everyday up until around the end of Johto. Seems I find myself watching it less and less as time progresses. I've been trying to get back into watching it regularly though.

Darkrai Lv.1000
March 9th, 2013, 11:14 PM
I'm still watching it, but I'm starting to get annoyed by the directions they take Ash, and may stop if this keeps up.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
March 10th, 2013, 05:58 PM
I watched Pokemon for the first time on 7/11/2004.

In that time up to now I had never watched all the anime since I was in school and never had the time to watch all of it. In spring of 2009 I enrolled in a Chemical Science Program at my local university and in 2011 was awarded with a Diploma in Chemical Science (L5). In those two years of study I never watched Pokemon once and forgot about it - which was the best thing at the time for me.

Now I am on a break from school (the first one in like 7 years) I have watched Season 1 2 and 3 and going to start on 4 tonight.

I got the episodes from .......... and I'm guessing a lot of users here know what I am talking about ;)

PKMN Trainer S
March 13th, 2013, 08:35 AM
I still watch it, you know what was wierd. On Jetix, there once was a rerun from the 1st gen anime. Which is wierd cause it's really old.

Aquacorde
March 13th, 2013, 08:18 PM
I watched most of Indigo League through Advanced as it aired on Kids WB and then sorta dropped off... watched maybe two episodes and a movie from the entirety of Sinnoh online [the maid café episode and the Zorua movie and something else]... started watching Best Wishes, stopped at around episode 50... NOW I'M BACK and keeping up with my favourite team. :D

GolurkIsDaBomb
March 13th, 2013, 10:06 PM
I stopped watching the anime around the time of nimbasa. Up until then I had basically marathoned it from the beginning, watching every episode except the special ones, and one about some train in Sinnoh. I just got kind of tired of it I think, as watching all of it in a short timespan makes the anime feel verrrrry repeptitive etc. Also how it took like 200 episodes between gyms in Sinnoh or something. >_> And I think that just made me get tired of it, so I gave up. (Also at that point I had caught up so I had to wait a week between episodes which I wasn't a fan of haha :P)

TrollShammy80
March 14th, 2013, 12:59 AM
It's one of the fews things on TV that is still going well...so I always watch just started watching it from the beginning recently Ash this is how you used to be lol

Zorogami
March 14th, 2013, 01:07 AM
I watched i think until half of the Sapphire/Ruby Arc, then i kinda grew out of it.
But i've restarted to watch it from the very beginning (:

lazy~
March 14th, 2013, 07:06 PM
I started to get bored during the battle frontier and stopped watching it until the end of sinnoh. Seeing some of Ash's old Pokemon during the sinnoh league got me back into the series.

Aslan
March 14th, 2013, 09:28 PM
I loved the anime until around halfway through Gen IV, where my interest dropped quite a bit, I was finding the channel here which aired them, were repeatedly playing episodes instead of releasing the new ones and after a while I got tired of it. Other than that I used to adore watching the anime at any possible chance, although I still watch Best Wishes sometimes and catch up on what has happened so far. :x

TrainerJacob
March 15th, 2013, 12:25 PM
I originally watched it until Diamond and Pearl, then stopped watching it.
However, I've started to watch it again via the Pokemon TV app on my iPad, though I've mainly been watching episodes from Kanto and Johto and not even one episode of Black and White. (To me, it wouldn't be the same with Ash being the only original character that remains)

Stevemagegod
March 17th, 2013, 12:41 PM
I stopped watching the anime after the current writers made Ash 10, and his Level 100 Pikachu lose to a ****ing lvl 5 Snivy. For long time fans this was a slap in the face.

Papii
March 17th, 2013, 01:15 PM
I was only interested in the anime when I was a little kid, watched it from Johto-Hoenn.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
March 18th, 2013, 11:34 PM
I just wanted to add, it will be a wile before I "stop" watching Pokemon.

And I so wanna fly this beautiful Boeing 747-400

http://s23.postimage.org/v0vk23323/pikachu_All_Nippon_Airways_wallpaper.jpg

PokeLordAndrew
March 18th, 2013, 11:53 PM
I stopped after the Orange League, I just got pissed as Ash's horrible battle skills.
I'll probably marathon it, just to say I've seen it all.
The same way I did with Naruto, Shippuden and One Piece

alienhunterx
March 29th, 2013, 10:46 PM
I still watch it and must say the current Unova season is the coolest of all due to many things. Cool story going, graphics improvement, animation is also super cool. I watched few episodes of previous season of Sinnoh and it was way bad. I also have all the English episodes of Unova Season

spoony285
April 5th, 2013, 08:54 PM
For me pokemon the anime died near the end of diamond and pearl. Tries watching a few episodes of black and white but ash being a complete moron again annoys me far too much. Most of the new characters suck(in my opinion).

mimimahboul
April 5th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Nope. I'm still watching and I know that's not something big cause I'm still 11 years old.Although the first episodes were much funnier.

Foxrally
April 6th, 2013, 01:17 AM
Watched loads of the Kanto episodes. Almost all the diamond/pearl episodes (my fave season), but never BW series, it didn't seem that good to me. I did watch the Victini and Reshiram movie though.

R.F.
April 6th, 2013, 02:33 AM
I stopped watching a long time ago. Watching the Kanto and Orange Isles episodes my interest in the series dropped starting with Jotho. I've seen some of the Jotho and even Hoenn episodes (the Lugia and Kyogre/Groudon arcs were kinda nice) but since then it's dead for me.

Toshiro.
April 6th, 2013, 12:00 PM
I watched all of Kanto, Johto, and the Orange Islands saga. I lost interest when the Hoenn series started, and stopped halfway through that. Never watched any of the Sinnoh episodes, but started watching again recently with the Unova episodes.

Pokedude3012
April 11th, 2013, 02:01 AM
Stopped watching in the Sinnoh era. Does anyone think it's worth coming back?

GFA
April 11th, 2013, 07:19 AM
I stopped watching whenever at the end of the Battle Frontier saga as I found the Sinnoh saga to be absolute trash. I am loving the Best Wishes anime though. The art is so smooth and I'll be damned if the story isn't back to it's original quality.

Astinus
April 12th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Stopped watching in the Sinnoh era. Does anyone think it's worth coming back?
At least the early episodes are of Best Wishes. Those are the ones that I watched, and I'm disappointed that I just couldn't find the time to keep up with everything. From what I've heard, though, the anime is back up in quality, but I personally don't know that.

To answer the main question of the thread, I did stop watching the anime. Right around the Sinnoh arc, since the time it came on CN changed to when I was in work, and it would have just been too much to record the episodes and then watch them when I was so busy.

I'm going to attempt to rewatch the entire series again. I've been missing it, and it'll be interesting to see how the quality changes over time. As I said, I watched a few episodes of Best Wishes (in the original Japanese when it first came out) and it was pretty enjoyable again.

Rickfields
April 17th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Stopped watching during johto. Watched articuno vs. Charizard and thought it was bad. I liked ash as a scrappy, easily annoyed trainer, not a nice guy.

Rai
April 24th, 2013, 04:20 PM
I stopped during Hoenn. I never finished it. I have tried watching the newer ones but I can't stand the new voices and I feel like the script is awful.

I am going to try watching the newer episodes in Japanese and see if I like them more.

zdude18
April 24th, 2013, 06:00 PM
i stopped watching in the middle of Hoenn, because for some reason i was in a rush to grow up so i rid myself of my childhood pleasures including pokemon, DBZ, and many other great shows and games. now i realize the error i made, and 3 months or so ago i began to watch the anime online and play the games again. in the end it makes me happy to experience an imporant part of my youth once more. now i am an avid fan once again, and i loved DP especially because i learned that Dawn is my favorite character. just got to Black and White and im not especially loving it, but i plan to get all the way caught up and see if it gets better. as far as the games go nowadays, they are fantastic.

sugarsugar
April 24th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Yes there was once. But after that I start to watch again. That was when I was in 3rd grade. I was so stubborn those days. So my mom restricted me to watch Pokemon for 6 months.

dannichols
May 7th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Back in September 2003, I temporally stopped watching Pokemon before the Master Quest season has ended. I would resume watching Pokemon in May of 2005. However, I haven't watched the newer episodes since Summer of 2009.

Zekrom1066
May 7th, 2013, 11:18 PM
I DID stop watching the series in Hoenn, because I felt that 4Kids screwed up the series. I also felt that 4kids still did a better job with the Kanto and Jotho saga. However, I started watching again when DP started.

Thank god that dubbing company is gone now... They also screwed up other animes such as One Piece, 星のカービイ and ソニックX.

shadowdueler474
May 14th, 2013, 06:34 PM
I lost interest in the series around the end of the Sinnoh region. I really only watched DP because I liked the rivals but Dawn annoyed me a lot. I watched the first 3 episodes of Best Wishes in Japanese and though it was good but never kept up with the show at that point. Though I have been watching the N saga because that actually looks good.

bigC94
May 17th, 2013, 02:08 PM
I stopped watching the Anime during the Hoenn Arc. No real reason, it just felt like it lost something...

I tried to check back in every once and a while to see how Ash was doing and even started watching Sinnoh for awhile but I just couldn't get hooked on it like I used to.

Marisa
May 17th, 2013, 03:13 PM
I stopped right after the ending of the Hoenn arc...I just don't know why, but I didn't like it like I used to after Hoenn.

I might watch an ep or two sometimes, but that's usually cos I'm bored.

j_Woo
May 17th, 2013, 04:35 PM
I stopped right after the ending of the Hoenn arc...I just don't know why, but I didn't like it like I used to after Hoenn.

I might watch an ep or two sometimes, but that's usually cos I'm bored.

Same with me, idk why it just didn't feel the same once sinnoh came around (anime wise). However, I did keep up for SOME of the Sinnoh arc, just didn't stick around till the end

BluuArrowz
May 20th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Stopped when it was the D P season.. Didnt return until start of Unova then left... I just wanted to see the starts.. Ima do the same with x and y.

Scotash!
June 3rd, 2013, 03:39 AM
I hadn't watched a single episode in 9 years or so, after the orange islands. Picked up the black & white movie on DVD on special to see how it was, loved it and got straight back into watching them online. Now, I have the box sets and love them.

ilias_
June 3rd, 2013, 04:43 AM
I stopped watching the anime, only because the tv stations here stopped airing it and I did not have internet back then. Now that I have found a way to watch it, I will never stop. I think I will start to watch again all of the episodes of all the seasons.

I will always love the anime, no matter what.

Adventure
June 3rd, 2013, 06:07 AM
Yes. Yes, I stopped. I think it either was because I grew up and didn't find it fun anymore, or because I found other anime that I thought was better and couldn't watch pokémon in the same way any longer.

It was in the Hoenn saga somewhere. I think I also didn't like the Hoenn pokémon as much as I did the Kanto and Johto ones, and was a bit disappointed in Ash's team so that might have played a part in me dropping it.

Banz
June 6th, 2013, 06:46 AM
I did. I stopped after watching a couple of episodes of the the Advanced series, although I'd stopped watching it regularly sometime during the Johto saga. I don't even remember watching Ash's battles with Gary and Harrison the first time. I did watch Misty's Goodbye.

They started airing re-runs a couple of years later and I started watching again, but it wasn't in the best of timeslots and I was busy those days, so I didn't get to watch a lot.

Now I just download and watch on my computer. :p

GFisMay
June 6th, 2013, 11:05 AM
I stopped watching in OS but I started from AG-BW. DP was ok, but I don't like how Dawn replaced May. >:C

Red|The|Cham
June 19th, 2013, 04:38 PM
i stopped watching for like a year then when i found out that the black and white has been released i started watching anime again

KannibalKween
June 19th, 2013, 06:03 PM
I stopped watching after adv Gen and now I do watch the newer episodes if they are on but that about it, for me the characters got too childish and never really learned from the past.

shaswatdgr8pokefan
July 4th, 2013, 03:25 AM
I stopped it after Sinnoh League Victors as it was discontinued here. And i havent watched any more of it.

Draco Razr
July 5th, 2013, 03:56 PM
I have stopped watching Pokemon on TV as a kid after the Orange League.
Then I realised there were more Pokemon episodes after seeing the Johto series online. I have never stopped watching ever since.

Umbreonz
July 5th, 2013, 08:36 PM
I watched pokemon from season 1 all the way through dp and have lost interest in bw bcuz ash seems to become younger than before and the plot is just too much like a spinoff of the old seasons i might start watching again with xy

Wuddupz
July 9th, 2013, 09:16 AM
I stopped watching more or less after the orange islands episodes. I've seen a few of Johto here and there but nothing beyond that. Season 1 was still the best.

jcl
July 9th, 2013, 03:02 PM
I've stopped watching from about season 3, but I recently began watching the Black and White episodes only to see N. I skipped everything in between.

manadhon
July 10th, 2013, 05:08 PM
I began to lose interest around the start of the Battle Frontier Arc (let's say), and stopped entirely when Sinnoh entered the equation. Gen 4 never appealed to me.

Oshamaru
July 10th, 2013, 05:32 PM
I stopped watching it like at half of Diamond and Pearl. It's not that I lost interest, but the mexican Cartoon Network stopped airing it Monday-Friday and changed it to Saturdays...Oh, and they started using annoying words in the dub that nobody even uses anymore. So after that I stopped being interested.

I'm considering watching the X and Y anime in english when it's released, though.

AnonygooseD
July 11th, 2013, 06:50 AM
I stopped watching the Anime somewhere during the Johto arc & that's because I live in the Middle East & as y'all may know a high religious authority in KSA accused Pokémon of being satanic & other crap & as a result of following him the only TV channel that aired Pokémon in the ME stopped :( full thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=293836)

Anyway I didn't watch any episodes online since then even though I had the chance because I don't enjoy watching TV material on a PC, due to many reasons..

Magic
July 11th, 2013, 02:18 PM
I have stopped and started so many times I've lost count :(...

I stopped watching on television at the end of Hoenn (I think?) But I picked up some of the later episodes, some of Unova... then dropped it again.

#success

Honest
July 11th, 2013, 02:18 PM
I stopped watching a long long long time ago. I guess part of it was because it went to cable when I didn't have cable. When I finally did get access to the show, I was so far behind, I didn't think it'd be worth it.

Also, it shows at 8:30 in the morning. No way I can wake up that early. :c

Adventure
July 11th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Yeah, me too stopped in Hoenn, but rather in the first of its seasons. I think I might have just grown up, and disliked May compared to Misty, haha. Plus, I thought the adventures they made up in Hoenn weren't as interesting as the ones from Kanto and Johto. At the time, at least.

precita
July 13th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Yeah, me too stopped in Hoenn, but rather in the first of its seasons. I think I might have just grown up, and disliked May compared to Misty, haha. Plus, I thought the adventures they made up in Hoenn weren't as interesting as the ones from Kanto and Johto. At the time, at least.

Most of Johto had tons of horrible filler, how did you make it through that? Also most people found Misty really dull during that arc, while May was actually the reason people started to like the anime again. Hoenn was a much better arc than Johto as anyone who watched through it can attest.

blind-beloved
July 13th, 2013, 09:11 PM
I stopped watching after about Johto. They switched from cartoon network to 4kids when Ash went to Hoenn and I just did not like 4kids even as an 8 year old.

Since then, I tried to get back into but... I watched the first episode of Diamond & Pearl one and I didn't particularly like it. I'm still like watching the movies that come out, though.

Aquacorde
July 13th, 2013, 09:26 PM
That doesn't mean **** to people's original perceptions, though. Like I mean now I absolutely adore May and the Hoenn arc, they're my absolute favourites in their categories, but back then? Boy was I pissed to see Misty- "Ash's 1 tru luv"- leave the show. Seriously. People grow attached to characters and are resistant to change. People who had stuck with Misty throughout Johto especially didn't like to see her go. And some still can't get it through their heads that it was a change for the better. Back then, I liked the one-off CotD-based adventures. Now? Riveting battles, character development, and arcs please! Strong female characters, too- Misty was a sidekick, May was a main character in her own right. As was Dawn.

I loved Misty back then. Really, I grew up with her. I identified with her. She was really the only girl in Pokémon for a long time, and a tomboy at that. But now I look back on her and I see her character falls so very flat in the face of May and Dawn. Johto is padded to hell and back with filler. It's not godawful, no, but it certainly got better. OS is not the peak of the anime's storytelling and creativity.

TrollShammy80
July 14th, 2013, 03:15 AM
I am still watching the anime...I just watch new episode 1 time the call it good....just wish Iris would go away lol..come back May or Misty plz

I still enjoy the movies mostly for the ending song and theme song full versions :P

Shrew
July 17th, 2013, 11:58 PM
I stopped watching in the middle of Johto, because my family got DirectTV, and we could never find the channel for Kids!WB.

When we got the channel back, I watched nearly 95% of the Advanced and Diamond/Pearl series. I stopped watching at Black/White, mostly because I went off to college and did not have a television there. It was not worth watching it online. And I was disappointed with many of the changes in Best Wishes. I watched, like, 20% of the episodes.

DBZ fan
July 18th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Interestingly enough i hasn't being one of i suppose rare fans which watched it from episode 1 until now. Barring few banned episodes which are hard to go by and newest pokemon movie which im planning to when i catch enough spare time.

However that's not to say i didn't thought of taking break from it or even considered quitting due to some rather jarring decisions and bad directions anime headed to. First time it happened at end of Johto when Misty was replaced liking character and original trio chemistry being disappointing to see such great character which still had lot of unexplored potential about her leaving in such abrupt way. With series losing some of humor and charm her strong presence brought to show. Though i decided to give chance top May and AG and i grew to like them over time.

Second time it happened after voice actors were replaced with dubbing being took over by PUSA finding how we lost spontaneous, unforced and natural portrayal of voices for main characters bring jarring to get used to new ones whose acting felt out of place. However even though i still prefer older dub i can say i grew to accepot it with new VAs doing decent job compared to early days.

So all in all despite all changes or moves which changed things for better or worse depending on your own according i managed to stick with anime. With pokemon while not being especially deep and quality written series having certain lighthearted appeal, relaxing note and journey aspect of exploring new regions, people and cultures which makes you excited and hooked toward it.

Most of Johto had tons of horrible filler, how did you make it through that? Also most people found Misty really dull during that arc, while May was actually the reason people started to like the anime again. Hoenn was a much better arc than Johto as anyone who watched through it can attest.

Im not sure if its fair to talk in everyone name, because each person has different perception on each saga and preference of what they will find appealing or not. Perhaps you found Johto saga boring, but i can assure you how many would think exact opposite.

This saga had its share of good moments like Lugia and red Gyara arc,Whirl Cup(where Misty shined through whole region most being done in pretty good way),Silver Conference league,breeding contest Brock had with Suzie,episodes like Seaking catching contest,one with wild Teddiursa(pretty funny thanks to nice dynamic between redhead and wild pokemon)etc.
Group as a whole worked well having pretty good chemistry between Ash,Misty and Brock seeming like long time friends providing funny moments,and interesting dynamics.
Problem is that some things due to lack of experience weren't done properly.

Also dunno about you but Misty wasn't boring at all there. Ill give you how she didn't received as much development as she should had and there were times where it seemed like she was on sidelines. But generally speaking she was very vibrant, playful and temperament as character bringing lot of comedy and dynamic interactions, battled more compared to Kanto forming pretty interesting team and had some pretty good growth entering several competitions, meeting other specialists and gradually overcoming complex of inferiority imposed on her by sisters.

Personally i liked May,welcomed addition of extra side quest in firm of contests and found her rivals funny, peculiar and multidimensional. But i can say without doubt how anime for me lost great deal of appeal, lively humor, sarcasm and flare Misty colorful personality brought to anime.
Not to mention we got deprived of opportunity to learn more about character relatively unexplored past and story with her water career offering lot of untapped potential and several directions through which writers could had continued on. Whether it involved expansion on Whirl Cup creating fresh, alternative quest in form of water based events in which people could had enjoyed in case of getting bored with gym quest, taking her through E4 route with such members being one type masters meeting other specialists etc.

With that said i can understand why so many lost interest in pokemon series around time AG began finding series lost its identity and purpose it established around itself with backlash being ensued to happen after such drastic change made for first time.

Tsurera
July 19th, 2013, 08:56 PM
I watched Pokemon in High school when it first came out. Eventually school and college and work got in the way. That's life I guess.