View Full Version : death to all insects

Harley Quinn
November 12th, 2012, 10:20 PM
When it comes to insects, are you a carbon copy of Misty in the sense that you are deathly afraid of you? How do you react when, say, you notice a cockroach crawling around in your room? A centipede? Slug? What is your natural urge, to scream? To run away? To kill? (scream + kill is how i roll)
Talk about the lovely creepy crawly experiences you've had.

November 12th, 2012, 10:41 PM
um, if it looks "slimy" or "loud" like a caterpillar or a fly, I will **** my pants and try to destroy it.

But if it's like a moth or something I can probably handle it as long as it doesn't flutter up to my nose.

But in the long run I probably hate 99% of all insects.

November 12th, 2012, 11:02 PM
I don't dislike insects. Not saying that I like them, but I don't have the overwhelming urge to destroy an insect every time I see one.

If it's one of the slimy ones, I'll try my best to avoid it at all costs and leave it alone. If it's in my room or anywhere in the house, I'll shriek, run away and call for help. I dislike slimy stuff. >< If it's a cockroach, I'll just ask someone to get rid of it (in comes my father with his trusty elastic bands and his awesome aiming skills). If it's a caterpillar or a centipede, I'll leave it alone. A caterpillar/centipede in the house? Refer to cockroach situation above lol.

If I do have to kill an insect, I'll use the hostage situation and trap it under a bottle cap or something. I can never squash insects.

When I was younger, I loved catching insects such as grasshoppers and spiders, and I still do them now, except much less frequently, but that's another story lol.

November 13th, 2012, 3:39 AM
It actually depends on what kind of insect i could encounter. To be honest, I hate killing roaches, and I LOVE killing ants. I have an affinity with roaches because of their awesome defensive and surviving attributes, whilst ants i hate cause for a reason I can't explain to myself. I just hate 'em.

Captain Fabio
November 13th, 2012, 4:26 AM
They really don't bother me, I don't kill them unless I do it by accident or... it is a fly/wasp in my room that has been ramming itself into my window and has woken me up, then it has to die! >:(

Twilight Sky
November 13th, 2012, 4:32 AM
They are all gross.

Ugh. x_X

I'm just...not really fond of any insects..

November 13th, 2012, 6:22 AM
Deathly afraid of yourself??

HMMM well, I'm scared of worms, like... legit scared I screamed last time one of those black ones got on me. I'm also afraid of slugs now that you mention it and SPIDERS are scary. Everything else I love and I will touch willingly, well, earwigs are cute, and centipedes are not really something I wanna touch, and wasps I dislike and I'm scared of the diseases mosquitos have BUT IN GOOD NOWS I love bees. I will go up close to them, take photos of them, dodge them flying at me, they're basically my favourite insect ever because SO ADORABLE AND THE GREATEST.

November 13th, 2012, 6:28 AM
I'm totally terrified of creepy-crawlies, they always creep me out.

It's just, they're so gross.

November 13th, 2012, 6:31 AM
Honestly I like insects, Cokroaches and caterpillars don't bug me. The only thing that bugs me is dem Hairy Spiders. WHY DOES IT HAVE HAIR?

Aura Vitae
November 13th, 2012, 7:22 AM
Funny because my house actually has a bug problem and I have the urge to squash them all. I tend to flush them down into the Shower drains if I find one in the shower with me.

November 13th, 2012, 7:49 AM
I don't mind insects as long as they stay away from me. I used to panic when they would come near me but I realized that doesn't help and now I just grab the closest weapon I can find lmao.

Overlord Drakow
November 13th, 2012, 7:57 AM
I used to be afraid of insects, especially spiders, man was I terrified of them as a kid. Nowadays I understand that this kind of fear is largely irrational and therefore has no place within my mind. If you don't provoke them, they won't harm you. Simple logic.

Shiny Celebi
November 13th, 2012, 10:19 AM
I dont like insects but I dont have the urge to kill every insect I see. Sometimes I will put it in a little cup and release it outside where it's really supposed to be. That being said they usually dont come near me or bother me at all.

November 13th, 2012, 11:09 AM
I'm actually pretty tolerant of most bugs around my place (heck, I'll get silverfish from time to time, and I'll just let them roam free), but there are some exceptions. Things like spiders, I'll usually let them live as long as they keep a good distance from me. I've had a fear of them for like...ever, but I also feel bad just squishing them when they've done nothing. :(

If a cockroach or fly were to show up, though...no. I do not allow roaches to stay around, and I've had the problem during the summer (and only the summer) of if even one fly shows up somehow, suddenly I have 10+ the next day, so no. No flies!

Any other kind of bug though, I'll probably try to trap and them let free. Oh wait, no wasps or bees either. I'm still afraid of them, even more so than spiders.

November 13th, 2012, 11:14 AM
I'm not deathly afraid of bugs but have a mild fear of them. They just disgust me. I know it's not going to attack me or go up my leg, but I feel like it's going to. And don't get me started on things like Bees. I ****ing hit the deck like a missile just came hurling towards my face. I've never even been stung before in my life but I really don't want to find out what it's like.

November 13th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Some insects I don't mind.

Others.. death to them right away!! >:C!!!

Like spiders. Hairspray in one hand so they are immobilized. Raid in the other for DEATH!

Golurks Were Meant to Fly
November 13th, 2012, 11:44 AM
I'm fine with certain insects, and not to good around others. Bees, butterflies, beetles, flies, hornets, leaf bugs, inch worms, caterpillars, and slugs I'm fine with being around, I just don't want the creepier/slimier/more dangerous ones touching me. But I am fine with a bee touching me, as I know that it'll sting me if I try to kill it.

Spiders and centipedes and the like on the other hand... well, I can keep my cool and get away from them. (and then I tend to shudder right after) If they're inside and I have to bring them outside to stop someone from killing them... I don't do too well with that. Also, I tend to have the same reaction to large bugs.

I murder mosquitos.

November 13th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Outside, I don't care; I'll run away from bees and wasps though because I don't want to get stung.

Inside? If it's there, I tend to kill it. Flies, roaches, and wasps especially. Spiders, I'm trying to leave alone, but they startle me so much I can't help but squash them. :(

Ven Bloodia
November 13th, 2012, 12:12 PM
If it's poisonous to me and is near me at the time I'll kill it without a second thought, if it keeps its distance then I'll just go back to playing Crysis 2 while it backs off into the night.

November 13th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I usually just let them be. Spiders I'm not fond of, but if they're small and stay away from me that's okay. I'll capture them and throw them outside if they get too close, and if for some horrible reason a big one showed up I'd kill it because it would probably not be worth the risk of trying to catch it.

Yeah, except for things that could be dangerous like wasps and things that would cause a stink/get into my food, they don't really register for me.

November 13th, 2012, 12:37 PM
It really depends on the insect in question. If it's a cockroach (dead or alive), I either cringe or back off from it. If it's a mosquito flying around me, I try to swat it down or squish it. I leave other insects alone, just to look at what they do.

November 13th, 2012, 1:53 PM
I only think I really squash are Cockroaches (when I have something nearby to squash it with) and Mosquitos when they are trying to suck on my blood. And maybe the occasional fly if it's around too. But other than that I usually leave bugs alone unless it's necessary to try to move them or, if anything else, squash them.

Oh, there is also the times when I had to kill ants because they made their way into the house. It was kind of fun spraying water/soap on them and watching them just cringe and die. They shouldn't have been in our Bar area in the first place ahah.

Edward Elric
November 13th, 2012, 2:18 PM
Like sammi said, I dont really care about them when I am outside. When they are in my house, I'll try to kill/get rid of them.

November 13th, 2012, 8:28 PM
When it's gross and slimy, I scream and run away. Slimy things just make me puke. Cockroaches, not so scary. But when it can fly, run for your life.

November 13th, 2012, 8:54 PM
They are all gross.

Ugh. x_X

I'm just...not really fond of any insects..

Now if only we change the wording from "insects" to the less scientific "bugs"... and then we can use that as an excuse to include stuff like centipede, spiders, and other creepy stuff >___<;;;

November 13th, 2012, 10:47 PM
You go squish now!

I'm fine with the killing part. It's the scrapping up guts that squished out or random disembodied limbs that are still moving that freaks me out

November 14th, 2012, 4:08 AM
i am not scared of any insect and i don't kill them i try to save them xD xD
my dad takes insects in his hands and then frees them outside my house and i help him sometimes....

November 14th, 2012, 4:50 PM
I hate roaches, and if I see a wasp I'll probably just scream like a little girl and run away. Other than that, I'm fine with most insects. Except for mosquitoes.. DEATH TO ALL OF YOU DARNED STINGING CREATURES. :(((((

November 14th, 2012, 5:54 PM
I like bugs. I keep spiders around when I see them because they eat other bugs that I don't like as much and I'm fine with that. :> There's one in my bathroom right now and he's the cutest little thing.

Usually when I find a bug, so long as it isn't a bee/wasp or something, I'll pick it up and bring it outside. Now that it's getting close to winter and they wouldn't survive outside, I'll reluctantly kill them when I find them in the house. :( I live in the basement so I come across them pretty commonly. Bug of the season seems to be earwig, so I've found a fair few of those. I'm pretty lucky I like insects and I'm not scared of them, haha.

We don't really have any harmful insects at all in Ontario so I've never had to worry about them.

Poke Fox
November 14th, 2012, 6:30 PM
For me depends on what kind of insect/bug it is. If its harmless to humans or pets (cats, dogs, or ferrets - are in my home) I'll leave them alone, in fact I'm always curious on bugs I love to see where they go, so I spend hours staring at them.

The only bugs/insects that I"m terrified of are the ones that could potentially carry dangerous diseases such as Fly, cockroaches, bedbugs, especially mosquitoes. Those I have to eliminate immediately.

Things like spiders, ......
, even more so than spiders.
Sorry to sound like a nerd, but spiders aren't bugs, they are arachnids, and I love them. Someone mentioning spiders are bugs just gets me annoyed, not angered, sort of "I just have to correct them"

November 14th, 2012, 8:20 PM
Bugs are cool. I like bugs. I go outside and look under rocks for bugs and worms and pick them up.
But spiders? Hell no. Forget spiders. I'm callin' dad into the room to get some paper towels to mash the damn thing. Unless it's a baby spider. Or a daddy longlegs that's chillin' in the corner. I'm cool with that.

One time I saw a brown house spider crawling along my floor, dashing to make it under my desk before I saw it, and I smashed a small textbook on top of it. It got out, and I quickly trapped it, found another book and added it to the stack. I proceeded to add about six more textbooks, and then left it there for about five days. I checked back, lifted up all the books, and the damned thing got up and ran away. What the hell. Spiders are invincible.

November 15th, 2012, 1:29 AM
I just can't stand any form of insect I ask my daughter to take it away from me if one is near me.

November 15th, 2012, 2:04 PM
<.< >.>.....*whispers*....

i fear insects!!!!! specially cockroach!!!!! as soon as i see it i start screaming and running....please don't tell anyone..that's embarassing >.<

it's because of my sisters though

but also v.v i don't fear insects because they're insects i wouldn't say fear too...lets just say i feel disgusted and surprised when they appear out of sudden...yup,it's more of that :]

not to mention,i once met a ninja cockrouch O.o i find it jumping out of nowhere to land near my feat...i swear to god that happend it's the truth!!!! maybe it's a japanese or chinese cockrouch and it learnt ninja skills from somewhere there!!!!!!!!!D:

November 16th, 2012, 10:38 PM
I will pretty much not go near any bug, haha. I'm Misty alright.

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE spiders and flies and mosquitoes and cockroaches and dragonflys etc

Shining Raichu
November 18th, 2012, 6:43 AM
I am terrified of all the bugs omg.

When there is a spider around, I jump ten foot high and make somebody else deal with it. When I was in school I used to make sure my bag was always zipped all the way up because otherwise there was a chance that bugs could get in and then in the next class I'd reach in to pull out my pencil case and find a spider or something else nasty.

Bugs are awful awful creatures and I wish death upon them. Death, I say!

I keep a can of bug spray in my room at all times, btw.

November 18th, 2012, 6:50 AM
With ants i usually kill if their in my room mainly because I don't enjoy having ants any where near my trading cards. With flys I usually open a window and let them fly out. With the spiders and stink bugs ( I get a ton around here) if their in my room I will kill them but if their in another room i'll just be like " uh, get it away." and walk out of the room.

November 18th, 2012, 9:28 AM
The only insects that I really dislike are mosquitoes. I really hate getting bit by a bug (because I have terrible allergic reactions from them), so whichever one bites me for no reason will most likely go on my KoS list for good. Centipedes are supposedly good to keep around since they eat spiders (which I AM deathly afraid of..) so as long as they stay out of my way (kitchen, bedroom, bathroom- offlimits!), I tend to ignore them. Otherwise, I am forced to dispose of them for my own protection (their venom is pretty strong). Fortunately for me I've never had to deal with roaches, but I'm sure I would dislike them as well since I know they carry diseases. Ants and fruit flies can be a problem as well, and sometimes I need to exterminate them or have my food stores invaded. O_o

I love a lot of bugs like potato bugs, moths, butterflies, fireflies, honey bees (not hornets..), and other "non lethal bugs" though. Out of all non biter/stinger bugs, I find crickets the MOST irritating because they are so noisy. >_< Nothing worse for me than having a cricket trapped in my room squeaking all night long. O_O Still, I don't kill them though, I prefer to toss them outside when I find them in my house.

P.S. I don't classify spiders as bugs or insects, since they are Arachnid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arachnid). I do NOT like them though..they creep me out!

November 18th, 2012, 9:42 AM
I don't care. It's living its life, same as me. If it's in my personal space or likely to be hurt by the course of my current actions then I'll vacate it in some manner. Insects flying into windows will generally be killed for being impossible direct out and otherwise unbearable to listen to.

November 18th, 2012, 9:45 AM
I somewhat don't care of bugs. But I have some small fruit flies in my house that annoy me as they buzz around, even at the trash can, and some ant-like bugs in the summer crawl up to the basement around the house, there's a LOT. o-o But I can mind with some ants, but not creepy, slimy, wormlike bugs.

November 18th, 2012, 7:05 PM
I despise every possible known insect in existence, with the exception of butterflies, ladybugs, and dragonflies.

Apparently there's a spider that looks like a ladybug though, so now I don't think I can trust those anymore.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
November 21st, 2012, 11:54 PM
I don't like insects, though it's more of an annoyance factor than one of fear. Only insect I really fear are bees because their stings hurt like crap, man! Though oddly enough the only Bug-type Pokemon I've ever used is Vespiquen and my favorite anime villain is Bunbee from Pretty Cure, who is a guy that transforms into a giant anthropomorphic bee... maybe I don't mind bees as long as they aren't chasing me, lol

But there is this fly who is buzzing around my room, *right next to my ear* who is annoying the heck out of me and yet I can't pin it down to kill it...

November 22nd, 2012, 11:30 AM
I'm petrified of most bugs. ;-; Mosquitoes and flies I can deal with, but not much else. If I see a centipede I'd stand away staring at it on the ceiling with a pillow or something until I get the urge to actually hit it 30 minutes later. Moths are even nastier, they flutter around and smack into everything and make it hard to sleep. Last time I couldn't find the moth in my room, I went downstairs to sleep in my grandpa's room instead (good thing he was away visiting family).

me = chicken when it comes to bugs

December 28th, 2012, 8:59 PM
I know spiders aren't actually INSECTS, but last month I actually dislocated my shoulder when I saw a spider sitting on my face when I woke up. I think I tore something..

That should give a good idea how scared I am of spiders and other nasties that greet me when I wake up in the morning (happened with a centipede before too). O_o

December 28th, 2012, 9:18 PM
I'm not real big on bees, wasps, or anything that will attack me. But I don't mind some other insects. Not an "insect" but when I was a kid, I got to hold this huge millipede in the pet store. It was adorable.

Shining Raichu
December 29th, 2012, 3:53 PM
Please don't revive threads that haven't been posted in for more than 30 days. :)