PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers] The Unova Pokemon League Conference is Upon Us! Who Will Emerge Victorious?

Marilynasol
November 13th, 2012, 09:34 PM
In about a week, TV Tokyo will begin broadcasting the Unova Pokemon League arc, where our hero Ash and many of his friends/rivals will be competing for the coveted title of this year's Unova League Champion in Higaki City. Who will win? Vote and discuss!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DiZO7mbgBZ0/UFpfIvJ-FXI/AAAAAAAAKqU/ZAEVe3hh4ic/s1600/ehSyN.jpg

CourageHound
November 13th, 2012, 09:42 PM
In about a week, TV Tokyo will begin broadcasting the Unova Pokemon League arc, where our hero Ash and many of his friends/rivals will be competing for the coveted title of this year's Unova League Champion in Higaki City. Who will win? Vote and discuss!

The only ones I say who I would want to win would be either Ash or Dawn. They both have interesting teams. I havnt been keeping up with the anime(much less know for sure whos entering T-T) lately so I cant give as much input or feedback as I would like for fear of sounding ignorant.

Marilynasol
November 13th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Dawn no longer travels with Ash anymore. She did visit for several episodes to compete in the Pokemon World Tournament Junior Cup before leaving to compete in the Wallace Cup in Johto. Besides, she's a coordinator, doesn't collect badges, and isn't that interested in Pokemon battles as much as Pokemon contests.

Iceman3317
November 14th, 2012, 09:21 AM
I do not think Ash will win. I think Trip is gonna be like Gary and beat him or not even get to a rival and end up beating him in the next generation. Sense I don't even know who the guy with the Eevee is,he will probably win. Team Plasma is still possible threat. They could stop the fighting and make Ash stay there a little longer or something. They said it would last for three years. I think this year is only the 2nd year,therefore there is still another year of 5th gen.

SamuJake
November 14th, 2012, 05:12 PM
I hope Ash wins, I really really do. I want him to win. I haven't watched Pokemon Black and White much at all, I've only seen about 2 episodes on TV once in the morning. Should I bother watching the whole season or could I really just start from here and watch the finals?

But yeah, I want Ash to win, or that dude on the bottom right, I like those Pokemon. I wish I could give more feedback on this, though.

Khrysta
November 14th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Its gunna be some guy to tie in the next set of games maybe. If not that, then another nameless wonder who will appear just for the tournament and then never to be heard from again.

Ritchie lost to a nameless player that became Champ (I think)
Ash lost to the guy with Blaziken who then lost to an unknown add in
Tyson won Hoenn's though I don't remember him being introduced before the Tournament.
and in Sinnoh, the uber hacker Tobias won with Darkrai.

Most of the winners were only intro'd for the tournament so to keep the anime going, they'll probably do the same thing. Let Ash get close and then rip the victory away from him.

Hikamaru
November 14th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Its gunna be some guy to tie in the next set of games maybe. If not that, then another nameless wonder who will appear just for the tournament and then never to be heard from again.

Tyson won Hoenn's though I don't remember him being introduced before the Tournament.

Most of the winners were only intro'd for the tournament so to keep the anime going, they'll probably do the same thing. Let Ash get close and then rip the victory away from him.

I agree with Xander, I think the next champion will probably be some last-minute insert like we had in the previous league conferences. It's a trend that's been happening a lot.

They would probably have some character defeat Ash only to lose to the eventual winner of the conference.

Kenshin5
November 14th, 2012, 07:04 PM
I do not think Ash will win. I think Trip is gonna be like Gary and beat him or not even get to a rival and end up beating him in the next generation. Sense I don't even know who the guy with the Eevee is,he will probably win. Team Plasma is still possible threat. They could stop the fighting and make Ash stay there a little longer or something. They said it would last for three years. I think this year is only the 2nd year,therefore there is still another year of 5th gen.
Ash already beat Trip in the first Round.

http://i49.tinypic.com/lzmrk.jpg

More than likely it will be a COTD or someone of that nature. I've got a feeling it may be Kotesu this time around.

I also wouldn't be surprised if maybe they do have someone with a tie in like Harrison with Blaziken. So that gives Ash a reason to travel to a new region. Tyson was introduced at Registration and his Meowth prevented the flame from being stolen. It was Morrison introduced pre - tournament.

Hopefully Ash wins, but the way the presented him thus far I don't find that likely. They showed his previous pokemon in the intro, but I don't get the feeling they will be used. If anything they will be used in whatever the filler arc post league is going to be.

Iceman3317
November 14th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Hmm,I didn't know they had a manga like thing about it. I still think Team Plasma will come in at some point. I wish I could find out where the 3 years was posted at. The first BW episode came out in Jap. Sept. 2010,so we are only a little into the 3rd year. Something has to happen in order for it to last 3 years. The only episodes with Team Plasma in it have still not been aired. And Giovonni wanted to draw out the evil orginization in Unova,Team Plasma. It would be intersting for them to make a actual storyline in the last part of 5th gen.

This would tie into the Gensect movie as well that come out early next year sense Team Plasma are the ones who made Genesect.

PlatinumDude
November 15th, 2012, 11:22 AM
It's not likely that Ash will win this Pokemon League considering that he lost the previous 4 (maybe for plot advancement/character development purposes). I think Bianca might win this one, since the League might give her some good character development.

Iceman3317
November 15th, 2012, 04:38 PM
What would really suck is if He was in the Finals and Team Plasma comes and and stops the League right when he is about to win and the League gets canceled.

Khrysta
November 15th, 2012, 07:35 PM
It's not likely that Ash will win this Pokemon League considering that he lost the previous 4 (maybe for plot advancement/character development purposes). I think Bianca might win this one, since the League might give her some good character development.

Considering the 4 trainers for the PWT download are Trip, Virgil, Kotetsu, and Stephan, its possible one of them actually win. We know Trip loses. Maybe Ash will go against one of those three next, lets say Stephan. Ash beats Stephan and goes against Kotetsu and wins, and then faces Virgil in the finals where Ash loses.

I mean it can be in any order, but what if it happens that way.

As for Plasma, I'm sticking with my earlier theory. Plasma was only going to be used to give TR more story in Unova. Since they canceled Plasma's pilot episode then they won't use Plasma at all for the rest of the anime. Could they appear? Yes, there is nothing that says they won't. I just don't see it happening due to what happened with the pilot episode.

Iceman3317
November 15th, 2012, 10:00 PM
True,but one thing I don't understand is,why did Zekrom appear in the first episode and who woke him up? Uselly the movies don't tie in with the Anime,which kinda makes what I said earlyer useless. I hope Zekrom reappears other wise that would be a useless point in the anime. We have hardly seen anything about Reshiram,Zekrom,and Kyreum in the anime other than the movies.

Satoshi Ookami
November 16th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Xander stole my idea! xD
I also think Satoshi will beat all 3 his rivals and lose to Virgil... it's somehow similar to Harrison or whatever his name was, in the Johto League or Ritchie in the Kanto League.

Sora
November 16th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Thinking realistically what will probably happen is what Xander has mentioned. He'll beat three of his four rivals and lose to one of 'em. He's already beaten Trip (in a one on one match which I don't approve of. What are you doing Unova League stop acting like a Don Battle Tournament) so chances are he'll beat two others and lost against one. Wouldn't be surprised if it was Virgil either.

And then if we don't get a new generation announced some sort of arc which will then show whatever sixth generation Pokemon they leak. The fact that they haven't leaked anything so far is what concerns me about having the league happen already. Damn Unova and its strange pacing.

Unrealistically and probably won't happen I want the league postponed somehow and some sort of arc happens where Ash can develop his team a little to further prepare for the League. While I don't believe they did that bad a job with his team and giving him good members it's not as developed as Sinnoh's. Though sadly, I doubt Snivy or Oshawott will be evolving; their personalities would just go against it I feel. But at least Pignite can evolve to Emboar and maybe Scraggy to Scrafty but I doubt that one as well.

Khrysta
November 16th, 2012, 08:25 AM
True,but one thing I don't understand is,why did Zekrom appear in the first episode and who woke him up? Uselly the movies don't tie in with the Anime,which kinda makes what I said earlyer useless. I hope Zekrom reappears other wise that would be a useless point in the anime. We have hardly seen anything about Reshiram,Zekrom,and Kyreum in the anime other than the movies.

Legends don't tend to have roles in the Anime. Unova is one of the few regions where they use the Major legends freely. Other than the older episodes, the legends have been seen in control of a human which almost contradicts the mysticism given to them in the beginning. It used to be shown but not known.

I can only remember Lugia, The Kami Trio, Meleotta, Regi, and Articuno getting major appearances. Sure there were a ton of minor ones, but those had episodes centered around them.

Zekrom's only purpose seems to have been for Pikachu's Reset, which was bascially a repeat, or even threepeat of when Ash left his home region fresh. (just Pikachu)

I think Pikachu got the electric sickness in both Hoenn and Sinnoh at the beginning of each anime where he gets supercharged and then quickly releases all the electricity built up weakening him. Zekrom's appearance stole Pikachu's strength early in and Pikachu had to build up electricity again leaving it weaker than it was before.

They also never said Zekrom was asleep in the Anime. From what I remember, Zekrom and Reshiram were very much awake and roaming freely in the Anime, they were just impossible to find.

Marilynasol
November 16th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Stephan's probably not going to win. He already won the Wishing Bell festival and, by extension, the Donamite/Clubsplosion tournament. He's gotten plenty of attention and awards already, but he's not an ace-in-the-hole like Tobias.

Unless the Unova conference is set up differently (like the Silver league where the best trainer out of three matches advances), it appears from the leaked comic/manga that Trip exits the competition early. Oh, and Trip disregards his prejudice towards Kanto natives and finds new respect for Ash and his brash methods... yeah, like Paul didn't come to that conclusion. And Paul wasn't a new trainer like Trip; before competing in the Lily-of-the-Valley conference apparently Paul competed in the other major leagues of that nation/continent.

Bianca sure is a wildcard to predict. We've seen Bianca progress in the series, from catching her first Pokemon, to trading her Shelmet for a disobedient Escavalier, to entering various competitions, to proving to her father she is competent to go on a Pokemon journey. She usually doesn't seem to do well, as she lost the first round of the first club tournament. However, the later Clubsplosion tournament she placed in the top four before losing to the winner of the tournament, Stephan. She could be just like her "cousin" Barry, compete in the league briefly, but then lose out early. Or, Bianca could hit a vein of luck and sweep the entire league by surprise. She may have potential, and her character will go through a roller coaster of development if she were to be champion. I would be thrilled if Bianca were to win, though I kind of doubt it. It would toy with the first rumors upon Black and White's release that Bianca was the champion of the Elite Four.

The young child in me (I'm not pregnant or anything) is cheering for Ash. Not only have we watched Ash go from league to league getting closer and closer to the gold, patterns predict Ash will place high. Ash was runner-up in the first and third Battle Club tournaments, as well as top four in the highly-competitive single-Pokemon tournament. It is also important to note that in every other region of the anime, Ash has won at least one competition. In Kanto he won the P1 Grand Prix with some girl's Rapidash. In the Orange Archipelago he was the champion of a more informal league. He won various competitions throughout Johto, including the Bug Catching Contest and the Extreme Pokemon race. He won both Pokeringer competitions in Hoenn and Sinnoh. And when he returned to Kanto for the Battle Frontier, he defeated all seven Frontier Brains and was invited to become one himself. So far in Unova, Ash has come very close in all of his endeavors, typically placing as runner-up, but no first-place wins have come of it. You'd think that he would be bound to win something, and why not save the win for the grand finale of the arc? If Ash were to win, it would be leeway for Ash to stick around in Unova for a little while longer. He will be champion, a huge step for Ash (Pummelo doesn't count as his first championship), and as champion he will probably have to take on the Unova Elite Four (Lucian mentioned this in the anime). If that is the case, Ash will probably battle Shauntal, Marshal, and Grimsley, as they have yet to make an appearance in the anime. He'll lose to one of those three, as the anime already introduced Caitlin in the exhibition battle for the Pokemon World Tournament Junior Cup.

However, if also following current trends (which really aren't reliable in reality), Ash will probably also runner-up in the Unova League Conference. Not only is that the average place he has earned his entire time in Unova, by tracking trends of the four other leagues, he'd likely progress to runner-up. In Kanto he was top sixteen, Johto and Hoenn top eight (losing to the champion in Hoenn), and progressed as far as the semifinals in Sinnoh to lose to the ridiculous legendary trainer Tobias and was the only trainer to be able to defeat Tobias's Darkrai the entire tournament.

True,but one thing I don't understand is,why did Zekrom appear in the first episode and who woke him up? Uselly the movies don't tie in with the Anime,which kinda makes what I said earlyer useless. I hope Zekrom reappears other wise that would be a useless point in the anime.

Need I remind you of a little item called the GS Ball? It was dropped from being a plotline in favor of a film starring Celebi and pointless pork of Johto fillers. The writers hoped that viewers would forget the arc over time, but considering it began the entire journey to the Orange Islands and the Johto region... yeah. People are still wondering about it's whereabouts.

Iceman3317
November 16th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Hmm,ya I kinda forgot about that. And they probably had to change the whole plot of the episodes after they didn't air the Plasma episodes. Then again they may had already had them all written which I highly doubt. I really don't like the fact he beats Trip in the first round. I am going to assume there are 32 trainers in the League,maybe 64. If there is 32 then there is 5 rounds. That means he will probably have to beat all 5 people. Trip being beat already. I don't think the guy with the Riolu will win for the simple fact he is like Morrison,I thnk that was his name in Hoenn,and he didn't know he needed 8 badges. I'm actually really surprised Bianca was getting badges. Bianca has trained a lot. She even beat Trip in one of the tournaments. Bianca would be a nice last battle with Ash in the League,because he was the one who convinced her father to let her stay on her journey. I am gonna say Bianca or the Eevee guy will be his last battle. Be nice to see the eevee evolve into a new eeveelution during the battle with Ash. A pokemon he doesn't know which he could lose aginst. That would be intersting.

Khrysta
November 17th, 2012, 03:46 PM
They only made 4 of the competing trainers for the Unova Conference into Battle able NPCs for the PWT. Bianca wasn't in there so she may lose to Stephen, Kotetsu or Virgil. They are highlighting those four (Tripp as well) for some reason, and from what I saw Bianca doesn't appear in the PWT download at all, she's not listed at least.

If they don't randomize the order, the trainers can appear in the order that they actually win/face off/place in the anime.

As for the GS ball, it was just left with Kurt in the anime.

Yamiidenryuu
November 17th, 2012, 05:55 PM
They only made 4 of the competing trainers for the Unova Conference into Battle able NPCs for the PWT. Bianca wasn't in there so she may lose to Stephen, Kotetsu or Virgil. They are highlighting those four (Tripp as well) for some reason, and from what I saw Bianca doesn't appear in the PWT download at all, she's not listed at least.
I think it has less to do with what's going to happen in the League and more to do with the fact that Bianca is already in the game. I guess they could have added an additional team for her, but it would still look pretty odd.

At any rate, I'd like it if this tournament was made available in the US... it's not so likely because the anime isn't as big over here, but I can dream, can't I?

Iceman3317
November 17th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Yeah. Bianca is a lot diffrent in the Anime than in the games. She didn't like battleing much in games,but she is pretty awesome in the Anime. I would really like to see a girl win the league for once though.

Khrysta
November 17th, 2012, 06:18 PM
I think it has less to do with what's going to happen in the League and more to do with the fact that Bianca is already in the game. I guess they could have added an additional team for her, but it would still look pretty odd.

At any rate, I'd like it if this tournament was made available in the US... it's not so likely because the anime isn't as big over here, but I can dream, can't I?

She has a different team in the games than she does in the Anime. They could have still added her in and given her her Anime team like they did for the other 4. We'll also find out Kotetsu and Stephan's full roster which hasn't been shown in the Anime at all. Only a small portion of their teams have been shown.

I don't think Bianca will make it very far and will probably lose to Stephan, Kotetsu, or Virgil.

Marilynasol
November 17th, 2012, 07:37 PM
She has a different team in the games than she does in the Anime. They could have still added her in and given her her Anime team like they did for the other 4. We'll also find out Kotetsu and Stephan's full roster which hasn't been shown in the Anime at all. Only a small portion of their teams have been shown.

I don't think Bianca will make it very far and will probably lose to Stephan, Kotetsu, or Virgil.

Bianca lost to Stephan/Stephen once, twice in the two Battle Club tournaments they have competed in. Their rivalry is understated, but significant. They're not like the "good vs. evil" contest rivalry between Dawn and Ursula (in all four times the two competed against each other, Dawn always prevails). And as I stated in my earlier long analysis of who will become champion, Stephen has already had his moment in the spotlight (well, in a way, twice).

Khrysta
November 17th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Bianca lost to Stephan/Stephen once, twice in the two Battle Club tournaments they have competed in. Their rivalry is understated, but significant. They're not like the "good vs. evil" contest rivalry between Dawn and Ursula (in all four times the two competed against each other, Dawn always prevails). And as I stated in my earlier long analysis of who will become champion, Stephen has already had his moment in the spotlight (well, in a way, twice).

Only reason I list those three is because Ash already beat Trip, meaning one of those three can go against Bianca in a later or even same episode. Them including just those four has some sorta meaning otherwise they would have added Bianca with her Anime team.

Iceman3317
November 18th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Well there is a episode coming out called "Axew Gets Lost" that episode it lible to bring in the random guy who will win. I don't think they would put 2 rivals in the match in that episode because Ash and them will probably be watching. The league itself will last at least 5 or 6 more episodes probably if not more.

Kenshin5
November 18th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Eh 5 or 6 is a stench since episodes BW02 - 19 through 23 are already focused around the League. We already have 5 episodes so I doubt we will get too 10 especially the way they have been treating this region and league with small battles.

I don't get the feeling that two rivals will surpass Ash to fight it out in the finals. If anything I don't see any of them winning and some COTD wins.

Pvt Tamama
November 18th, 2012, 08:23 AM
either team plasma is going to step in or ash is going to win

Kenshin5
November 18th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Yeah but I don't see why TP would come out of the blue and just interrupt the league. Maybe it is the device the use to not completing the league or delaying it. But I think it would be a horrible way to do it since they didn't pick up on Plasma story since the essential episode cancellation. If they were going to introduce TP in a proper way I would have prefered they did it against TR during the Meloetta & Kami episodes.

Iceman3317
November 18th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Hmm,It's hard to say at this point what they will be doing. It's hard to bealeve that Unova is only going to last a little more than 2 years with 2 theme songs. The past 3 sagas have had 3 themes and have lasted 3 to 4 years. Ash could win and he have to challenge the Elite 4 then they bring Team Plasma in. At the end of the first episode,Ash's mom says I wonder how grown Ash will be when he returns. Though that is a normal thing to say. Remember also that Iris is the Champion in BW2 which I am wondering if it will be linked at all in the Anime. All we can really do is wait. We don't really have much left to go on.

Kenshin5
November 18th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Generally yeah its been about 4 years between gens and we have only been in this one half that, but if they want to start one by the end of near year they very well can so its not like the Saga is really over just the main Unova arc(depending on how they handle the league).

And Iris being Champ in BW2 has little to no bearing on what they do in the show. Iris not only just learned to control Dragonite, but she also lost to Drayden again. So I don't see here as Champ anytime soon, if anything Drayden mentioned her as Gym Leader(which will probably be the reason so won't be a continuing companion to whatever Region Ash goes to next). And if game Champs had any bearing Gary would be Champ since Blue was and Ash since Red beat Blue.

The way Ash team is made up I don't see him advancing too far. They seemed underdeveloped at this point. The only one that I see that could doing a lot if Krookodile which is from the sounds of it facing off against a Hydregion. If Ash had Emboar or evolved another one of his starters and than had Gigalith and Scrafty or Seismitoad then I may be a little more confident of his situation. But as his team stands its just so so.

Yamiidenryuu
November 19th, 2012, 08:04 AM
It's possible they'll build up to Plasma interrupting the league during the league, but considering how people reacted when they tried that with Tobias, maybe not.

Then again, the writers probably don't go on the internet to watch fans from outside the target demographic complain, so...

chella182
November 19th, 2012, 08:15 AM
If I were choosing I'd have an epic battle with Trip and Ash in the final, and Ash winning, but y'know, probably not going to happen. The "Ash winning the league" part, anyway, they might well have an epic battle between Trip and Ash, and Ash may well win (as he did with Paul in Sinnoh), but I don't think they'll let Ash win the league sadly :( would be a nice change and a REALLY nice surprise though.

Iceman3317
November 20th, 2012, 09:49 AM
So Ash beats Stephan after the new names. But sounds like he might get beat by Kotetsu. Then again he could use Scraggy and defeat Hydregon.

Khrysta
November 21st, 2012, 08:37 AM
Kotetsu fights Bianca, but I can't tell if its before or after Ash's battle with Stephan and Kotetsu. If its before Stephan, than Kotetsu beats Bianca and battles Ash later, but we know Ash beats Stephan leaving Virgil for the possible winner or possible person to beat Ash and then lose to someone else.

If Kotetsu vs Bianca is after Ash and Kotetsu then Kotetsu beats Ash so Ash loses earlier in the Unova Conference than before. So either Ash gets knocked out early or Bianca does. If Bianca loses to Kotetsu and Ash faces off against the four Download Rivals, that explains why they are downloads.

Iceman3317
November 21st, 2012, 03:45 PM
I really think Kotetsu is a mirror of Morrison,the one with the Metang,in Hoenn. Hydreigon might evolve during the battle and maybe Ash's Scraggy will.

Episode 767: Sawk Enters! Ash VS Stephan!
Episode 768: Ash VS Kotetsu! The Hydreigon Secret Weapon!!

Those are the names,so Kotetsu Vs Ash is after Stephan. I am really worried about that Hydreigon. But I think I was the same way with Metang evolveing. Even I hate Hydreigon ever sense Ghestis battle in White/Black 1. Not to mention Ash doesn't have any Ice and Dragon types this time around. Then again he is pretty good doing without advantages.

Kenshin5
November 21st, 2012, 07:14 PM
Hydregion can't evolve cause Hydregion is the last stage.

This confirms a few things. First being that Ash beats Stephan and that Kotetsu beats Bianca(yeah sorry everyone that thought she would win). So this leaves Kotetsu and Virgil as known competitors?

As for his impending battle against Kotetsu Hydregion will indeed be a pain, but I think they will they will have it vs. Ash Krookodile which if you remember gained Dragon Claw when it fought Iris Dragonite upon evolving so I think that will be a good card to have.

Personally if Ash does lose I'd prefer it too Kotetsu instead of Virgil since I don't care for him too lose to a team of Eeveelutions...

Iceman3317
November 21st, 2012, 07:39 PM
Hydregion can't evolve cause Hydregion is the last stage.

This confirms a few things. First being that Ash beats Stephan and that Kotetsu beats Bianca(yeah sorry everyone that thought she would win). So this leaves Kotetsu and Virgil as known competitors?

As for his impending battle against Kotetsu Hydregion will indeed be a pain, but I think they will they will have it vs. Ash Krookodile which if you remember gained Dragon Claw when it fought Iris Dragonite upon evolving so I think that will be a good card to have.

Personally if Ash does lose I'd prefer it too Kotetsu instead of Virgil since I don't care for him too lose to a team of Eeveelutions...

Ya,I was thinking that He had 2 headed dragon and it evolve into Hydregion. But will them saying it in the title,he probably already has it. I may have worded that wrong earlyer. And ya forgot Krookodile learned Drag Claw.

Khrysta
November 21st, 2012, 08:12 PM
Do the viewers even know Kotetsu has a Hydregion? His team only lists Riolu, Ferrothorn, and Samurott on Serebii and Bulbapedia. I think the title means that Hydregion IS Kotetsu's Secret Weapon.

Sora
November 22nd, 2012, 01:59 PM
Also apparently Ash is going to be using Pignite during his battle with Hydreigon? So either Kotetsu is where it ends or something is going to happen in which Ash ends up victorious and battle Virgil. Maybe Pignite evolves into Emboar? I'm not sure.

Khrysta
November 27th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I have no idea how Kotetsu Vs Ash will turn out. I can see Ash winning and again I can see Ash losing. I have a really odd feeling about Virgil. I just started thinking, they are doing a lot of Eevee Promotions lately. I know Eevee is popular, but we don't usually get this many promotions focusing around Eevee.

Virgil may be our connection to the next game. I have an odd feeling that Virgil's Eevee may evolve in his battle against Ash/Kotetsu into a new Eeveolution. This is highly unlikely, I know, but I'm just finding the random addition of Eevee into the plot and a character who uses ONLY Eevee forms to be really wierd.

I think there may be more focus on Virgil as the tournament progresses further. Still think Ash will lose to Virgil if he wins against Kotetsu.

Kenshin5
November 27th, 2012, 03:29 PM
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx195/mignon_ette/1353904174316.jpg
Contains Ash and Kotetsu team.

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3666645.jpg
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3666646.jpg
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3666650.jpg

Contains info on the match.

Sora
November 27th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Ash why do you have seven Pokemon listed there. Especially one: you always have Pikachu and two: you use Pikachu in the match. I'm going to assume they are showing us Pokemon from both his match with Kotetsu as well as his match with Stephan.

That said looking at the images it looks like Ash wins? Which means he'll likely be losing to Vergil. ..... or maybe Ash will actually be able to win a league for once. Guess we'll see that and whether people's predictions are correct and we see a new eeveelution. I'm guessing if we don't see a silhouette or anything during that episode's preview we're not getting one because they would obviously want to hype such a thing.

(On a side note: the three images in the spoiler don't seem to work. But I already saw the images on tumblr so I know what they contain haha.)

Khrysta
November 27th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Does he use Pikachu against Kotetsu?

Haven't seen the images. Can someone post non-broken ones?

Kenshin5
November 27th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Apparently the pictures were taken down. They depict Pikachu facing Samurott and defeating it as well as Swanna and Ash beating Kotetsu. What I think funny is they show Ash Unzefant as a Male.

As for later on I definitely get the feeling he will lose to Virigil since all the other CoTD seem bland. If he beats Virigil than I could see him winning the whole thing.

Sora
November 27th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Here they are:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me2v0h66UY1r1alb2o5_r1_1280.jpg http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me2v0h66UY1r1alb2o2_1280.jpg http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me2v0h66UY1r1alb2o1_1280.jpg

Since Pikachu takes out two Pokemon I really have to wonder about that image. Also because guys, do you not have a female Unfezant image to show?

But yeah, I'll have to agree with that. Virigil is going to be that turning point on whether we see Ash actually possibly win or league or have it just be another loss.

Iceman3317
November 27th, 2012, 06:05 PM
So Ash is gonna be up aginst Virgil now. I know someone said Bianca was beat early,but is there images like the others?

Sora
November 27th, 2012, 06:20 PM
They only seem to be showing images like that for the battles we don't know the outcome of right when they announce more episodes. That said Bianca loses because she was facing Kotetsu and Stephan obviously loses because he faces Ash before Ash faces Kotetsu. So I don't think there are very many images of Bianca's match with Kotetsu.

1qaqa1
November 27th, 2012, 07:02 PM
8 people are going to very very dissapointed. coughashbelandtripfans.

Iceman3317
November 27th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Well if Ash does beat Kotetsu as the images suggest,He will then face Vergil most likely. That leaves 1 more person he has to defeat. Maybe there will be another filler episode to introduce the last guy,if Ash defeats Vergil. It really would be nice to see Ash win for once,but remember he got in the top 8 two times in a row before getting in the top 4. They may do that again. I still wonder what the next Arc is going to be. I am almost 100% sure the next generation will not start for another year or so. I know we still have at least 1 more Gen 5 movie that comes out in March.

Triston1zn
November 27th, 2012, 09:43 PM
I voted ash, but holy hell....it's hard to get behind a main character, when he keeps losing when it matters.....the dude keeps getting his experience reset in each region and that becomes annoying.

I know Pokemon is a business striving for longevity but HOLY CRAP ON A CRACKER, let the dude win a tournament and move onto the champions leagues ALREADY!!...they could make soooo much more money if they let him win the unova league and start a new journey where he travels the regions AGAIN, but this time battling the champions leagues!!.....from kanto to unova....

I SWEAR, if he doesn't win this time, I will drop kick my tv

Khrysta
November 27th, 2012, 10:12 PM
There were a lot of other people in the tournament and Ash faces off against Trip, Stephan and Kotetsu pretty early in it seems. We can't even say Ash will make top 8 this time, Virgil may lose after beating Ash after all.

I'm unfortunately one of the people that believe that if Ash wins, the Anime ends so the writers will purposefully make him lose at some point near the end just to keep the story going. We won't know what place he makes until the tournament ends.

As for what's next, the League ends the Journey for that region. Really can't say they won't end it, but Gen 5 isn't something that's easy to predict. If they reset the Anime like they did the games, then there are many possibilities for Ash on how far he'll make it. Course as a double edged sword he may pull another Kanto. Ash met Ritchie just before entering the League and loses to him right before they start the real battles. Virgil can be this generation's Ritchie.

What I'm pretty much waitin for now is to see if Virgil's Eevee evolves into something new or if someone mentions another region to give Ash a reason to keep going rather than go back to Kanto like Team Rocket did.

Sora
November 27th, 2012, 10:33 PM
I won't be surprised if Ash only makes it to the top eight, top four, etc. However, while it's expected I will still be disappointed because that would mean that Ash didn't win a single tournament in Unova. Which is well ... disappointing. Even more so that he almost won the PWT-JC only to lost against Trip who he then wins against in the prelims of the League.

What I want to know right now is where exactly are they in the league when Ash faces Stephan and Kotetsu. Obviously out of the prelims by how many Pokemon the have, but have they gotten to the last thirty-two? sixteen? I can't see to figure that out. if anyone happens to know though, I would love know. It might give us a little more in-sight in where Ash is after his win against Kotetsu and what's going to happen with the battle against Virgil.

But other than that I'm also waiting to see if Virgil's Eevee is going to evolve and if they are going to give us hints on what's going to happen after the League is done with.

Squirrel
November 28th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Really I'm expecting Virgil's Eevee to be something of a mimic of Ash's Pikachu in the respect that it probably won't evolve, it's just an unevolved partner that doesn't want to evolve and is just as strong without needing to evolve. I wouldn't even be surprise if the final match came down to Eevee VS Pikachu for that somewhat epic feel of the two weaker Pokémon battling for such an important match, but I think that if it was going to evolve into another eeveelution then there would've been some kind of feature about it like a silhouette or something since they would want as much hype as possible surrounding it.

As for who'll win and how far Ash will get, that's actually a really hard call to make with Unova. Since they wanted to make it so different to the previous sagas, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he actually went on to win this one. But I'm betting on either Ash or Stephan winning; Bianca would be my third choice but I really don't think she's mature enough and fully developed enough as a character to win a league yet. I don't think it would be a problem if Ash was to win though since they can easily still have him go to another region to compete in their league too; if anything it'll just be a joke for them to play on when he's acting like a noob in the first few episodes like he always does; it'd just be refreshing to see him actually win something important in the Unova saga haha. I suppose it's also possible that someone else will win and they'll just stay in Unova till the next Pokémon league takes place to fill the time until a new region comes out, but I really doubt that. Maybe they'll also go for an Orange Islands type of adventure, who knows :o Or if he does win then there could be a conference/tournament for all recent league winners to take part in to find the best of the best and he could enter that, or maybe he'll even face Unova's E4? So many possibilities haha.

To be honest though, I've been expecting the "Team Plasma is going to step in and cancel the league, creating a new arc to keep Ash in Unova a little while longer" to happen from the start based on what happened in-game and Team Plasma's lack of appearance so far in the anime, but who knows, maybe they'll just wait till after the league to introduce them. It just seems really early for the Unova league to be happening already so I don't think it'll really go ahead straight through till the end. (I haven't read many spoilers or stuff yet so if this has already been disproved, sorry!)

Khrysta
November 28th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Watching the first episode of the tournament. There were 128 pictures shown on the prompt. Ash beats Trip in the first Round so Trip doesn't even get top 100.

Ash beats Stephan in second Round and Kotetsu beats Bianca in the Second round. Bianca and Stephan get in the top 65 as second round as 64 people.

32 people are in the battle with Kotetsu vs Ash. So Ash vs Virgil is top 16. If Ash loses he makes top 16. If he wins he goes onto Top 8. All of his rivals are battled before Ash gets to top 8. So even after Virgil's battle, there are 2 battles after that if they are shown. We know they'll get to Kotetsu's battle without interruption. I can only imagine the entire tournament continues like that.

Though we have placements pretty much.

Squirrel
November 28th, 2012, 06:09 PM
If all of the rivals are out by the time they've reached the top 16, I'm betting Ash will probably end up losing against Virgil. They're not realistically going to leave two of the most important fights of the league down to him fighting random trainers we've never seen before so he'll probably either lose to Virgil, lose to the trainer after Virgil (maybe another legendary abuser? I'll be really annoyed if that's the case AGAIN though...), or maybe Team Plasma will interrupt then? I don't know, but I'm suddenly no longer expecting him to win based on that haha. Surprised about how quickly Stephan went out though, I was backing him as one of the potential winners!

Iceman3317
November 28th, 2012, 06:23 PM
I didn't see N in the picture of th 128,but they are fairly small. And like Alex said,they aren't going to put him up aginst some random trainer unless the trainer is like Tobias. Only time that happened was the Orange League,but he had to face it's champion. It is slightly possible for Team Plasma to still come in. But I just don't see it happening anymore.

Khrysta
November 28th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Oh. Just saw the comment about Eevee Evolution hype. They actually don't have to post a silhouette until the episode of. Right before they reveal the info for that episode or even the episode after as it can become a two parter with Eevee evolving at the end mid battle.

Since we haven't gotten that far yet, they don't have to build up any hype on it. If they do it the episode of, then it has a lot of build up then.

Kenshin5
November 28th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Aside from anything I am reflecting on what Ash actually brings to the table. It definitely seems Unova pokes only is what he is going for(obviously Pikachu aside). As of now his team doesn't seem to viable to be a champ.

Pikachu - Pika is fine, obviously seen by its various defeats its issued thus far in the Tournament as well as all the match cliches its had in the gyms in Unova. His record goes without saying when he is on or the writers aren't screwing our little Electric Mouse over.

Unfezant - Some people say well it doesn't get enough development. My question is when does regions every get "development" they get use. I feel that Unfezant well fair just as well as its predecessor birds.

Oshawott - I've never been overly impressed with Oshawott in the realm of battling. Too me it was just a comic side show as a replacement for TR. It too me is Piplup 2.0 as it sure acts like him, and seeing him with Dawn Piplup it convinces me even more. Yes Oshawott learned Hydro Pump, but that really doesn't change much for me since I still seem him as a coward and too egotistical for his own good. I thought all the past Water types Ash used had more battle prowess than Oshawott imo. It also doesn't help that its a stage one, but Squirtle is pretty drag strong as shown in the Battle Frontier.

Pignite - It's been inconsistent in the past having confidence issues. But after evolving and confronting Shamus I don't really see that as a concern anymore. The concern I have is, where is the Fighting type move? They need to ditch Tackle and give him Arm Thrust or something usable. Again looking back, Infernape was a much better Fire/Fighting at that point, so another reason I don't feel he is as good as opposed to previous opportunities

Snivy - Snivy has seemed pretty consistent, but it cannot rely on Attract ploy to win like early on. Leaf Storm & Leaf Blade are good moves but I feel we need something more. Again Torterra at this point was a better option as well.

Scraggy - Seems to childlike and has not had enough training imo. Still has some qualties Phanphy did as a baby. Scraggy has made progress it just doesn't seem to me that Scraggy had made enough progress honing its skills since hatching early on.

Leavanny - Obviously not enough screen time or development, but judging from what I have seen from its battles Ash can lean on it to get the job done.

Palpitoad - Even less screen time that all the others, kind of hard to say what Palpitoad will do since he has pretty much just been used in Don Tournaments and Gyms.

Boldore - I feel if they evolved him that as a Gigalith he would be a major asset. So if he evolves in the near future than I believe he can make a difference otherwise we haven't see a whole lost since his capture early on. He had that one defining match against Clay and that was his shining moment. Come on show me more please.

Krookodile - He seems to be Ash Powerhouse, but I need to see more out of him as well since his capture was late. He has had some good matches like Bearartic and Dragonite. Given the chance I think he will shine. Its just will his teammates have enough to support him.

From other standpoints I just don't feel confident that Ash will win. He came into Unova too nooby whereas Hoenn and Sinnoh he had some vetness about him. What also concerns me is if Virgil is Top 4 then he faces some random CoTD. I have the feeling Virgil wins regardless if he showcases a new Eevee or not. And please don't have Eevee beat Pikachu, been there done that with Gary at Oaks Lab.

As for Eevee and a new evo seems kind of hard to evolve it mid battle(especially since its never before seen).

Iceman3317
November 29th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Well that just brought Team Plasma back into the picture. There is eather a new arc or episode with N in it according to Serebii

And a note saying Best Wishes 2 Episode N.

The preview,shows Oak saying something on TV or something and then it goes black. N starts to walk down steps into the outside light and then it stops.

Sora
November 29th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Linking to the video so people know what you (and I) are talking about:

WYY-13oDeMA

In which I will have to agree with the majority of what Kenshin said above and this video kind of shows. Especially the part with Leavanny in which it easily dodges a Close Combat (that wouldn't be very effective on the Bug/Grass Pokemon anyways). Also it looks like Pignite might have taken Hydreigon down but lost to Samurott. Or somehow took Samurott down and lost to Hydreigon? The former seems more likely but I'm bad at predicting these kinds of things. Though they didn't show any part of what could be a battle between Virgil and Ash so that is something that still needs to be found out at all.

As for N .... it looks like that the idea of Plasma stopping the league or halting it might actually become reality (which is what I personally wanted but said it was unrealistic ... it kind of became more realistic). That or Ash loses and then we jump to Plasma but then I would think they would have done the preview a bit differently.

As for Eevee the only way Eevee can possibly evolve mid-battle (unless they show us a new way to evolve with it) is if it learns a new move during the battle. Someone speculated gender-related but I'm not quite sure how that could be pulled off.

Khrysta
November 29th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Linking to the video so people know what you (and I) are talking about:

WYY-13oDeMA

In which I will have to agree with the majority of what Kenshin said above and this video kind of shows. Especially the part with Leavanny in which it easily dodges a Close Combat (that wouldn't be very effective on the Bug/Grass Pokemon anyways). Also it looks like Pignite might have taken Hydreigon down but lost to Samurott. Or somehow took Samurott down and lost to Hydreigon? The former seems more likely but I'm bad at predicting these kinds of things. Though they didn't show any part of what could be a battle between Virgil and Ash so that is something that still needs to be found out at all.

As for N .... it looks like that the idea of Plasma stopping the league or halting it might actually become reality (which is what I personally wanted but said it was unrealistic ... it kind of became more realistic). That or Ash loses and then we jump to Plasma but then I would think they would have done the preview a bit differently.

As for Eevee the only way Eevee can possibly evolve mid-battle (unless they show us a new way to evolve with it) is if it learns a new move during the battle. Someone speculated gender-related but I'm not quite sure how that could be pulled off.

Since N's episode is written differently, I don't think it plays any part in with the Unova tournament. Its either a one-shot episode like the Brock/Misty episodes and the unaired Brock/Dawn episodes. That is if its not like the special Roar of Thunder filler feom Johto. It may be a quick animated version of N vs Hilda/Hilbert.

I don't expect anything great from it since it looks like a side filler that has nothing to do with the Tournament. Can't watch it on my phone so haven't seen trailer.

Sora
November 29th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Yeah. Didn't think about any of that until after I made my post. Either way, people are happy that N is going to be animated. It'll be even better if he was involved in the anime directly especially after not showing the two episodes that did have Plasma. But either way I'm pretty excited for it.

But with that said we should leave further discussion of N until later after we find out whether it's a special/after tournament thing that warrants its own thread or if it's a league thing and sticks around here.

Back to the tournament the images for Trips and Ash's second part of the battle came up on Serebii and

wow what a way to win ash. that's what we call luck or whatever. also wow with serperior seriously wrapping Pikachu and causing it to turn purple. and for whoever wanted kotetsu and bianca battle it's in that episode as well.

Iceman3317
November 29th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Ya,I posted something that we don't even know if it is part of the main anime line or not. But just seems out how they only show him walking down steps and out a door. Hard to tell right now and ya I seen the Bianca picture on Serebii. I still dislike how Ash won.

Kenshin5
November 29th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Hopefully a Plasma arc comes to fruition, but either way it doesn't seem like their presence will be wasted like I was beginning to feel they were going to just be written out. Although the portion of the trailer really doesn't give us much insight.

Also it looks like Pignite might have taken Hydreigon down but lost to Samurott. Or somehow took Samurott down and lost to Hydreigon? The former seems more likely but I'm bad at predicting these kinds of things. Though they didn't show any part of what could be a battle between Virgil and Ash so that is something that still needs to be found out at all.

Pika takes out Samurott from the looks of the scans.

I hope that theory comes to light, cause for me the League didn't really seem league like. For instance usually they have some kind of festive atmosphere, and Mr. Goodshow is present. In this cause neither was there. There was little build up to the league. I mean sure there was a little build up while they were staying at the Villa.

As for the Eeveelution yeah it seems like a move related evo that would have to occur. Of course who knows what evo methods they would have by sixth gen.

Khrysta
November 29th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Hopefully a Plasma arc comes to fruition, but either way it doesn't seem like their presence will be wasted like I was beginning to feel they were going to just be written out. Although the portion of the trailer really doesn't give us much insight.

Pika takes out Samurott from the looks of the scans.

I hope that theory comes to light, cause for me the League didn't really seem league like. For instance usually they have some kind of festive atmosphere, and Mr. Goodshow is present. In this cause neither was there. There was little build up to the league. I mean sure there was a little build up while they were staying at the Villa.

As for the Eeveelution yeah it seems like a move related evo that would have to occur. Of course who knows what evo methods they would have by sixth gen.

For Kotetsu, the scan with full team rosters had 2 Samurott on Kotetsu's team. He could have 2.

For Eevee, keep in mind the Anime isn't good at keeping Evolutions to Canon versions. They may evolve one way in the games but the anime doesn't always follow that. Same said for Form Changes for some Pokemon.

Iceman3317
November 29th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Another good point. And yeah,I was wondering why he had 2 Samurotts. Just did not say anything.

Kenshin5
November 29th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Could be a Zoroark or Ditto. Or very well a typo since it shows Ash Unfezant as a Male, he shows 7 pokemon when we know Ash is using Pikachu so obviously one shown won't battle.

And the evolution part is very true considering instances such as Politoed evolving from just contact with Kings Rock. Either way I'd love to see our first sixth gen here. But I don't get the feeling we will for some reason.

Iceman3317
November 30th, 2012, 07:33 AM
With N being the next arc according to Serebii. I assume eather Ash will win and follow Black/White 1 storyline. Or Team Plasma will stop the League right after Virgil and Ash's battle.

Khrysta
November 30th, 2012, 07:48 AM
With N being the next arc according to Serebii. I assume eather Ash will win and follow Black/White 1 storyline. Or Team Plasma will stop the League right after Virgil and Ash's battle.

According to Serebii the N Arc (which honestly, with the name like Episode N still sounds like it'll be one of the special Episodes like the Johto series that had G/S/C's Main Protagonists fighting Team Rocket to save a Raikou.) starts after the Unova League finishes. So I don't see any interruption yet.

Sora
November 30th, 2012, 01:09 PM
There could possibly be some build-up though. For example whatever 'strange place' Axew finds himself in (which honest to goodness better be build-up if Axew is getting lost again), and with the three or so episodes between Kotetsu and the N Episode they could possibly bring in some more build-up. Who knows, but it would be neat.

Iceman3317
December 2nd, 2012, 07:30 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mecyov1KtU1rljy4lo1_1280.jpg

Binary posted this on another thread. I'll let him tell you what he said. So maybe Ash will win still. It is still hard to say. However,it does look like they are in some sort of stadium with the wall and the white line in the back ground.

Sora
December 6th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Well, we know for certain now that the Unova League is competed before the Plasma Saga starts. So the question is 'who wins' still up in the air.

Axew's episode seems to be practically pointless other than to see more Virgil it seems. Weh. But Stephan has a Liepard and ... what's with the guy with his back turned in the ending image? I don't think it's really someone to mention since he hasn't been introduced officially yet but it's a thought that came across my mind while looking at the screenshots.

Iceman3317
December 6th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Yeah, it seemed pointless to me as well. I guess they put it in to break up the fighting. There might be another after Kortesu match.

I looked at the pictures again. The guy with his back turned looks like a badass. He is also almost the very opposite side of Ash, on the match maker. He is also under Virgil. I just set up a quick bracket to see how many matched there would be. There is 4 from Stephan's match with Ash. So there is 4 more rounds. Stephan, Kortesu, Virgil, and the guy with his back turned will probably be Ash's matches. If he beats Virgil

Kenshin5
December 6th, 2012, 06:59 PM
The guy with his backed turned is Dino, which Ash has in fact already faced and defeated in Don Battle Semis. He could win who knows, if they went by badass looks he will win lol. Yeah I still have a feeling Virgil will beat him, but only time will tell.

Sora
December 7th, 2012, 06:31 AM
... So apparently the conclusion of the Unova League will be the conclusion of the Ash vs Kotetsu battle?? I'm a little confused since we've already seen a preview for that battle and it certainly looked like that Ash wins it. However, the title it called 'Episode 769: Unova League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!'

I'm dumb and can't think of a reason for this (unless Plasma does jump in at the end but that doesn't seem to be the case). Anyone willing to fill this in for me. I mean, I can see Kotetsu's Riolu evolving into Lucario (and thus pulling the same move Ash always does and winning after an evolution) but yeah... For all I'm concerned the last panel of the scans shown on the last page in this thread could be Kotetsu being excited that he had won? It's possible I guess.

Khrysta
December 7th, 2012, 07:18 AM
I think Ash will lose to someone else. We know he beats Kotetsu and Kotetsu's Riolu doesn't evolve in the battle. So that means in the same episode Ash faces off against someone else and loses to them.

Iceman3317
December 7th, 2012, 09:44 AM
There hasn't been any more episode names to come out which is a bit surprising. We have about 6 weeks between the time of today and when the Plasma Arc starts. I'd assume that they will have a 2 week or so break. Giving us four weeks. and only two of the four week episodes have been revealed. The last match between who ever beats Ash, will probably be a two part episode.

Also I am looking at the teams again between their match. It doesn't look like Ash is using Krookodile in the episode, so Hydreigon is a major threat. I am a bit surprised sense that is really only the powerhouse he has. Also looking at the last picture of panel, Pikachu defeats Swanna in the last battle with pikachu. So it looks like Kotetsu lost and he is acting stupid.

Minato Arisato
December 7th, 2012, 10:26 AM
I'm not keeping my hopes up for Ash to win. While it would be nice if he won the league, I don't see it happening.

Iceman3317
December 7th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Same here. I am still pretty sure he will get beat by Team Eevee. He may have to face Dino before Virgil however.

Railgun
December 7th, 2012, 02:42 PM
An upcoming ep is called Isshu League Conclusion Lucario vs Pikachu. Maybe Virgil was called away on a ranger mission. (Bridge to Episode N maybe?) That would be interesting

Iceman3317
December 7th, 2012, 03:36 PM
An upcoming ep is called Isshu League Conclusion Lucario vs Pikachu. Maybe Virgil was called away on a ranger mission. (Bridge to Episode N maybe?) That would be interesting

Ah thanks. I didn't see serebii post anything about it. Hmm, that seems a bit odd to me.

Just seen it. Man I really do not like the sound of that episode. I really hate the idea that Kortesu beats Ash. And no, there will be no bridge episode between Unova League and N Arc, because the next week after Lucario vs Pikachu is when the N Arc starts. Man I hate that. So I guess Ash will be the top 8.

Sora
December 7th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Well... here's the summary of the episode apparently...

"The Unova League fiercely continues into the fourth round. Ash and Kotetsu's battle continues to become even more extreme. Kotetsu's partner Riolu then evolves into the Wave Pokemon Lucario. With all of its moves powered up plus learning a new move, Ash and Snivy are both cornered..."

Nope not liking this. Hydreigon must have knocked out several of his Pokemon or Ash's Pokemon was simply knocked around in general before Riolu because Pikachu takes down two of his Pokemon as we have seen. Not sure why it says 'Ash and Snivy' when the title is Lucario vs. Pikachu either. :|b

Idk. This almost seems like they just want to get this league over with and move on to the plasma saga now.

Iceman3317
December 7th, 2012, 06:57 PM
This has been by far the worst league other than Kanto. They rushed the league way to fast. Johto League is still the best by far. I kinda feel sorry for Trip now.

Railgun
December 7th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Ah thanks. I didn't see serebii post anything about it. Hmm, that seems a bit odd to me.

Just seen it. Man I really do not like the sound of that episode. I really hate the idea that Kortesu beats Ash. And no, there will be no bridge episode between Unova League and N Arc, because the next week after Lucario vs Pikachu is when the N Arc starts. Man I hate that. So I guess Ash will be the top 8.

Isn't there a break at times between bridge eps? like Ash going to Hoenn and Sinnoh? Thats what I meant by bridge. A conflic connecting to the next series or arc. Like how Pikachu was drained of it's power in the final ep of OS and how that was a "bridge" into AG

Iceman3317
December 8th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Not sure. But yeah I think.

I have to say though that I was really hoping Ash would it least get to the Top 4 if he is beat by Kortesu which we can assume he is. I have been impressed with the way he had battled this saga. But I think not useing Krookodile in the Kortesu match beat him. If he had used it instead of Boldore. I think he would have won.

Khrysta
December 8th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Watching the first episode of the tournament. There were 128 pictures shown on the prompt. Ash beats Trip in the first Round so Trip doesn't even get top 100.

Ash beats Stephan in second Round and Kotetsu beats Bianca in the Second round. Bianca and Stephan get in the top 65 as second round as 64 people.

32 people are in the battle with Kotetsu vs Ash. So Ash vs Virgil is top 16. If Ash loses he makes top 16. If he wins he goes onto Top 8. All of his rivals are battled before Ash gets to top 8. So even after Virgil's battle, there are 2 battles after that if they are shown. We know they'll get to Kotetsu's battle without interruption. I can only imagine the entire tournament continues like that.

Though we have placements pretty much.

Quoting my old post cause there is an update/edit to make.

Ash fights someone before Stephan, so Trip still doesn't really make it into the Top 100, but Ash and Stephan are both in the top 32 when their battle takes place (from what I've seen). I haven't seen a gap between Kotetsu and Stephan's battles with Ash yet so Kotetsu is in the top 16 and will continue to top 8 with Virgil. Considering there is one episode left to be unveiled before the N Arc as the Anime is taking a 2 week break which are the episodes we'd need to fill in the complete Unova league, it may end with Virgil vs Ash. Since that is the last episode, going off what has happened in the past, Ash will lose to Virgil and they'll do a synopsis finish since every battle after that is no longer important to the story since they don't include Ash.

So looks like Top 8 or so for Ash. Unless there are two skipped battles before Virgil's battle and Ash faces Virgil in the finals.

Iceman3317
December 8th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Quoting my old post cause there is an update/edit to make.

Ash fights someone before Stephan, so Trip still doesn't really make it into the Top 100, but Ash and Stephan are both in the top 32 when their battle takes place (from what I've seen). I haven't seen a gap between Kotetsu and Stephan's battles with Ash yet so Kotetsu is in the top 16 and will continue to top 8 with Virgil. Considering there is one episode left to be unveiled before the N Arc as the Anime is taking a 2 week break which are the episodes we'd need to fill in the complete Unova league, it may end with Virgil vs Ash. Since that is the last episode, going off what has happened in the past, Ash will lose to Virgil and they'll do a synopsis finish since every battle after that is no longer important to the story since they don't include Ash.

So looks like Top 8 or so for Ash. Unless there are two skipped battles before Virgil's battle and Ash faces Virgil in the finals.

But as the new episodes reads Episode 769: Unova League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!! It sounds like Ash will lose before he gets to Virgil.

Unless that the battle between them ends early in that episode and he faces Virgil and gets beat in the same show.

Sora
December 9th, 2012, 12:41 AM
Well, unless Ash and Co. find themselves at some other battlefield between the Unova League and the N Episode either Plasma crashes the battle or they just skip right to after the Unova League and their hanging out on the battlefield. So... either way there are three (?) possibilities, maybe more?

1. Ash does lose against Kotetsu.
2. Wins against Kotetsu and loses against Virgil in next round.
3. Wins or loses against Kotetsu and Plasma (or team rocket???) crashes the party either way.

idk anymore. v_v; I'm not good at this predicting stuff lmao. But Kotetsu or anyone else seems to be nowhere to be found in the N episode preview (that I won't post here because this is Unova League thread) who knows. :/ But even though it's inevitable that Ash loses at someone I'm still going to be a bit disappointed if it ends up being Kotetsu.

Iceman3317
December 20th, 2012, 09:13 AM
I am really going to be maif he loses. Kortesu didn't even know he was suppose to have 6 pokemon apperently.... I much rather he lose to Virgil in the next episode... It is Lucario vs Snivy and Pikachu I think.

Snivy will probably be beat by Lucario, but Pikachu has hardly battled ending both of the battles it was in in 2 or 3 attacks.

pokemonlover493
January 1st, 2013, 01:37 PM
I hope Ash doesn't lose, because he would be going backwards. Top 4 in Sinnoh. It does sound like he might be losing soon though.

lineofdeath
January 1st, 2013, 01:45 PM
Kotesu maybye his riolu will evolve for victory

Khrysta
January 10th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Ash lost to Kotetsu.

Kotetsu lost to Virgil.

Virgil beats one other guy in the Finals.

Guy Virgil beat, beat someone else right before.

So Ash made it to the top 8 again this season. Which is lower than the place he made in Sinnoh. (Ash would have been number 5 as it was Virgil vs Kotetsu in the Semi Finals.

No Eevee Evolution shown. =C

Iceman3317
January 10th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Really makes me roll my eyes when the idiot that hardly knew anything beat Ash. At least Virgil won. Which is still a very nice hint for upcoming eeveelutions.

Piks
January 10th, 2013, 07:05 PM
This has been by far the worst league other than Kanto. They rushed the league way to fast. Johto League is still the best by far. I kinda feel sorry for Trip now.
The Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Unova Leagues are far more better then the Sinnoh League that's for sure. I do think Trip did perfectly fine.

Kotetsu-kun
January 11th, 2013, 09:13 AM
I lost to the Eevee guy.... Man... At least I'm at the Top 4.

jfuze174
January 14th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Yea I'm seeing pika beating lucario then losing to eevee trainer at the end of the episode this league was a complete fail for the anime though there only rushing the show now in order to be done by the x and y release

masterquestmq
January 15th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Ash will never win unless people want his adventures to stop.... :) yet another learning experience for his X & Y adventures

My pick someone who doesn't seem like a contender at all... Always let the underdog win right? or this case undercat fox whatever they are categorized as... :) Virgil's my pick...

Plus im a big supporter of Kanto... Majority of his team are Kanto based

Khrysta
January 15th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Guys...I already posted that Virgil won.

Kotetsu beat Ash.

Virgil beat Kotetsu.

Virgil wins against some unnamed NPC.

XD

jfuze174
January 15th, 2013, 09:55 PM
They need to let ash win atleast one tournament this gen he didn't win not one

jfuze174
January 19th, 2013, 01:21 AM
Ash loses to kotetsu lucario beats snivy and pikachu pretty sweet battle too

Gary0ak
January 19th, 2013, 05:18 PM
I wonder how Ash even got the most votes. Let's face it, he's never going to win a tournament, the creator of the show even said so.
Anyways...
http://gcpm11-forums.2322141.n4.nabble.com/file/t95/ufbdz.png
SHOCKER!

Alloute
January 19th, 2013, 09:52 PM
It sucks that Satoshi lost to the Lucario dude. I really thought this would be the time that Satoshi would win the League but I guess not huh. I stopped watching the anime after DP so I didnt really get to know most of Satoshi's new Pokemon but I figured that they would be really strong and up to the challenge but I thought wrong. Theres always next time right?