PDA

View Full Version : OCD

Fuyuki~
November 14th, 2012, 03:35 PM
You don't have to have OCD to be OCD about certain things; what are you OCD about? In games, in real life, and so forth.

Me? I'm a completionist. In games, using Pokemon as an example, if I know there are things I still have to do on certain routes, like getting items I don't even need and defeating all the trainers so I don't have to avoid them, i.e. clearing out a route, I will not restart the game or put the game down until I do so. If there's still post game content to do, I will do it.

Again, in Pokemon, if there are berry patches, I will spend my time picking them all until the end of time. By that I mean I hate how long the berries take to pick because I just always force myself to pick them all.

In real life, when I get around to organizing stuff, or just when I organize things in general, in games, on the internet, my desktop, etc, I always go way beyond just organizing it. I make everything in site organized if possible. If I start organizing stuff I never leave it half done or I can not rest.

Shining Raichu
November 15th, 2012, 05:44 AM
My DVDs must be in alphabetical order. I've rearranged both my personal collection and the family collection so many times just to make sure they stay perfectly in line.

Outside of that, I'm pretty OCD about locking my car door when I leave it anywhere. My friends always get frustrated with me when I drive them places because when we get there, I always get about 20 metres from the car then turn around and check one last time that the door is locked, even though I've already checked at least three times :P

Urugamosu
November 15th, 2012, 05:59 AM
I get extremely OCD with even slightly dirty areas, and I have an urgency to clean it up instantly. I don't why, but it just feels right like that. I also get OCD about organisation. When you come into my room, it's basically spotless. It just feels weird for me to see people of the TV having those cluttered bedrooms and such.

seeker
November 15th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Just when it comes to design. I used to be really sloppy with how things look. Always a bit rough around the edges but now I'm always so keen on getting things polished. I feel that that came with being busy in college and lack of laziness.

I'm OCD about planning things though. Big time. I always like to know what the story is and what's happening when. Pretty sure that's what cost me my last girlfriend too hahah. But we all need to find ways to relax even so.

Forever
November 15th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Um, I hate like... white space. So if it's like, you're randomly scrubbing something out, like you know in a heart drawing and you scribble back and forward, I keep fixing that until the whole thing is coloured and there can't be any space. It just feels so wrong to me. Um, then there's hair. Like if there's hair somewhere on me that is in a noticeable area I literally can't do anything until it's gone, or if my hair is slightly oily I can't go anywhere and tie it up into knots before it breaks. I also have splash water on the wall of the shower if I touch it because I just can't... not splash water on it because it feels wrong not to.

idk that's all I can remember for now!

Yoshikko
November 15th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I have to eat every rice when we have dinner.

PlatinumDude
November 15th, 2012, 11:24 AM
When it comes to cleaning things, I try to clean things completely without leaving any dirty spots, even if I'm in a rush.

Esper
November 15th, 2012, 11:25 AM
I'm kinda OCD about arriving on time to things. I hate being late and I'll usually arrive early to make sure I'm not late. I get pretty antsy if people are taking too much time to get ready if we're going somewhere.

Aeon
November 15th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Generally I have an OCD of being early to things. If I'm going with somebody to something then I get mad if we don't leave 15~20 minutes in advance.

zoo3891
November 15th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Kinda like how you can be aspergers about talking to certain people, or mentally retarded about certain school subjects? The "D" in OCD stands for Disorder, not Disrespect.

Anyway, I'm incredibly obsessive about keeping my bathroom clean. I mean, you're supposed to brush your teeth in there!

Hikamaru
November 15th, 2012, 08:04 PM
I'm always OCD about what time I leave home, cos I hate being late.

Synerjee
November 15th, 2012, 09:57 PM
I am very particular about the direction my pens and pencils face in my pencil case. As in, their tips must always face one way, but not the other. This also applies to other things in my pencil case if they have a top and a bottom, such as highlighters and scissors etc.

-> (NO)
->
<-

-> (YES)
->
->

I also must have a certain kind of structure in my notebooks when I am writing notes. The spaces must not be too big, certain words must be underlined and certain words must not, etc. When I'm done writing, the page must look neat or else I would get upset.

Regarding books, the covers and pages must not be folded or crumpled in any way, especially if the books are new. If I notice any page folded or crumpled, I immediately try my best to smoothen it out as best as I can. If this happens to the covers, I would discard the book and not look at it for a few days until I calm down. This only applies to newer books; I don't care much for older books.

Hermione Granger
November 16th, 2012, 03:31 AM
I'm extremely strict when it comes to layout, design, structure and other things of those liking. Like, every time I go to the local grocery store I almost always find disarranged products and my hands acts on its own. I couldn't stand such things so I rarely go to grocery stores, or any other stores for that matter.

I'm also quite strict with grammar but it's too complicated to explain. lol

Brynjolf
November 16th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Alignment and color scheme.
If I am making something in photoshop, arranging my room, or editing my profile, everything must be aligned and color-coordinated.

It hurts my brain to know that some people actually put purple, green, and orange on the same house. Or incorporate those nasty colors into ANYTHING, for that matter.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
November 19th, 2012, 10:49 AM
I'm a completionist, OCD about my Pokemon trainer ID number and other things in the games, I have a specific order I like my DVDs and manga volumes to be arranged in, I always have to make sure my doors are locked by trying to get back in, and I'm very OCD about various things concerning numbers/dates/times.

Alli
November 19th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I have a few things I'm OCD about. I have to have album art in iTunes, I have to have every Kings of Leon song on my iPhone, I have to have my DS with me everywhere I go, I don't like my hands to be dirty in the slightest, at work the silverware must be in the right place, my game drawer with all my handhelds and console accessories must be organized and placed neatly in there, I have to have manuals with my games, I have to have all main Pokemon games (it still bugs me I don't have Green), and there's a lot of stuff. I also like having color balances in my Pokemon teams, though sometimes I have to forgo that, like in challenges where I don't get to decide my team. v_v Also, apparently nail biting is a sign of OCD, and I've been a nail biter all my life. lol oops.

Hannah
November 24th, 2012, 03:47 AM
When I eat, I make sure every. little. piece. of. food. is. eaten. Nothing should be left on my plate.

Kura
November 24th, 2012, 02:51 PM
My grandfather had severe ocd.. and I do obsess about the future and about my personal accomplishments, to be honest. I did see a therapist about my anxiety and it has helped me cope though. It was terrible a couple years ago when I couldn't stop, really, and I would pretty much always be stressed- my heartrate always elevated and etc... not sleeping.. crying.. just because I was overworrying and for every action I would take I would think "what if" etc. I was overly diligent too.

A lot of the things other people mention are concerns, or obsessions, but not an actual obsessive compulsive disorder.. which I think is classed as something completely different.

SamuJake
November 24th, 2012, 03:05 PM
I don't know if I'm either just a perfectionist or I do obsess about things. I don't 'obsess' about organizing my room, but I don't feel very comfortable until my room is up to my standards of looking good. I like to have it all neat and looking good. It makes me feel better. Uhm, games I don't really obsess about. But I basically would say I try and perfect things as much as I can.

Shiny Celebi
November 26th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Im OCD about a couple things, some of them rather weird. Im OCD about collecting shinies in Pokemon, dont ask me why, I just became obsessed with them a few years ago. Im also OCD about forum stuff like posting in as many topics as I can, commenting on a lot of blogs, answering all notifications and being a good forum member. I do tend to obsess over this kinda stuff and it might be kinda weird but I dont really care if people think that.

Sableye~
November 27th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I'm a perfectionist, which is a bad pairing with my enjoyment of drawing!
I also like stuff being organized. When I was little, I used to just sit and sort beads by color and size. When I was through, they went into one big bag and mixed up again. But I enjoyed sorting them.