PDA

View Full Version : The first video game you played!

Axeliira
November 21st, 2012, 10:11 PM
could have sworn there was a thread like this...lol

Think back to the first time you got your hands on a video game, either you were a young one or maybe you're someone who just recently got into gaming and wanted to try out how video gaming is like. Which one was it? What console was it on? How old were you when you first got into gaming?

Of course, it doesn't *have* to be Pokemon. My very first game was this:

http://coolrom.com/screenshots/nes/Duck%20Hunt.gif

Brendino
November 21st, 2012, 11:07 PM
I know that my family had an SNES until I was about 2 or 3, but I don't think I ever played any games on it. The first game I do remember playing, though, was Sonic 2 on the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, which is still one of my favorites to this day. Even though we got a few more games after, Sonic 2 (and later NHL 95) were the only ones I played on the Sega. Actually, I didn't really start to get into gaming until we got our PS1 (still miss the times when my dad would take me to Blockbuster to rent a game every month or two).

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
November 21st, 2012, 11:41 PM
Super Mario Bros. for the NES. Back then my parents were adamantly against videogames, so the only chance I had to play the Goomba-stomping original was at the babysitter's of all places. Farthest I got was World 8-1 by using the warp pipes, but to this day I haven't been able to beat that level xD

Hikamaru
November 22nd, 2012, 12:16 AM
Oh man I remember when I first played a video game.

For me, it was the good old PlayStation classic Crash Bandicoot.

Aeon
November 22nd, 2012, 12:34 AM
The furthest I can look back and remember is Super Mario 64. There might had been something before but honestly I can only remember so little from when I was 3.

Alinthea
November 22nd, 2012, 02:45 AM
The first game I remember playing was the original Prince of Persia; that game was solid! O_o

Talli
November 22nd, 2012, 02:58 AM
The game I can rememeber playing is: Sonic the hedgehog 2 for the sega Genesis that game is the best in my opinion.

Oryx
November 22nd, 2012, 02:58 AM
The first game I probably played was Super Mario World, because my family has stories of me with that game and I wasn't even walking back then so I doubt I was playing many more games. The first one I remember though was probably...Yoshi's Island?

Correspondence
November 22nd, 2012, 03:04 AM
The first game i ever played was either Mario or DuckHunt, i don't exactly remember.

Pvt Tamama
November 22nd, 2012, 06:09 AM
My first game was on my dads old NES it was the first final fantasy
I still have it and the old NES and still plug it in every once and a while to play the game was really song especially for a 5 year old who had a 4th grade reading level but not a great understanding of things ha

Rivvon
November 22nd, 2012, 11:10 AM
My first video game was actually Pokemon Crystal, ha! The first non-Pokemon game I played was probably Super Mario 64. I still love it to this day!

Esper
November 22nd, 2012, 11:20 AM
Duck Hunt! My cousins had that along with Mario and this track game with this pad you ran on. That's got to be the first one I played. I can remember them cheating with the pad by using their hands.

Penta Penguin
November 23rd, 2012, 11:09 AM
Bubble Bobble when I was 2 or 3, back on the old c64:

http://toastedgoat.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/bubble-bobble.gif

Ironically, this was the level I died at the first time I played. Coincidence?

Yellow Silver Nostalgia
November 23rd, 2012, 11:45 AM
Probably something like PAC-man or Pinball on the PC.

ahmet476
November 24th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Was either Mortal Kombat or Mario on NES.

TwilightBlade
November 24th, 2012, 02:19 PM
I can't remember THE first game I played because I had a lot of games to play. When I was 3, my older brother was 16, so he went in and out of the house (social life luls). When he was 18, he moved out and left his NES and Sega Genesis. He left a chest full of games! For sure, I was playing games by age 5 then.

I often played The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros., Excitebike, Duck Hunt, and Contra on the NES and, I guarantee you, I played Sonic the Hedgehog on the Genesis to infinity and beyonddd.

xxReshiramxx
November 25th, 2012, 07:55 PM
The first video game I played was Super Mario 64 for the Nintendo 64 I finished the game with my grandma's help in about six months.

NatureKeeper
November 26th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Super Mario Bros.

It was magic, needless to say.

And after 10 years of trying, I finally beat it. (With the aid of Save States on the 3DS.)

Playful_Weasel
November 26th, 2012, 08:25 AM
The first game I remember playing was "Bubsy: In Claws Encouters of the Furred Kind" for the SNES. It was the first game that my grandma bought when she got me SNES for my birthday, I can't remember exact year, around 1993 or 1994.

White Mage
November 26th, 2012, 09:22 PM
The first game that I can remember playing is probably Donkey Kong Country.
There used to be a SNES in the waiting room for my doctors office when I was around 4 years old, and the only game they had was Donkey Kong Country. I remember completing the first level and thinking to myself, "Wow, I'm so good at this game! They should give me a medal or something."
I still completely love DKC :)

Other than that, I think the first game that I owned and enjoyed was one of the Pajama Sam games for PC. Anyone familiar with the series? (or Spy Fox, Freddie Fish, etc....no? Ok...)

Mr Cat Dog
November 29th, 2012, 12:26 PM
I have no idea what it was called - and Wikipedia/Google have provided no help - but the first game I can remember playing was a Taz (i.e. the Looney Tunes character) game for Game Boy where he's on an island and has to eat things or something. It wasn't Tazmania or Tazmania 2: Escape from Mars, as I can vividly remember the Game Boy cartridge and it doesn't match up to any of those... but I have no idea what the actual game was called, which is a shame.

Pinkie-Dawn
December 1st, 2012, 01:43 PM
I remember fondly that my first video game is Super Mario 64. Oh the sweet memories of collecting those power stars, avoiding Jolly Roger Bay like the plague, and messing around in the castle.

Went
December 2nd, 2012, 12:54 AM
Super Mario All-Stars. Don't remember which one of the four included in the package, except maybe Lost Levels- I'm sure that one was not it XD

Spartacus
December 2nd, 2012, 01:00 AM
First game I played was...Prince of Persia, introduced to me by my Dad. I used to love it so much but now I hate it so much xD

Minato Arisato
December 3rd, 2012, 09:04 AM
Donkey Kong 64 for me. I'm pretty sure I played games on the old Gameboy, but I was too young to remember much. I blame my dad for my current obsession with video games.

holdmykidney
December 3rd, 2012, 10:50 AM
I remember very clearly the first game I played. My parents had a Spectrum 48k ordered and it arrived (I think) with a tape of example games. The first one to load was "Breakout".

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/showscreen.cgi?screen=screens/in-game/b/BreakOut.gif

I have some blurry memories of Pong on an old Atari, but Breakout is the first one I remember getting my hands on and playing.

imevil
December 3rd, 2012, 12:29 PM
The first Super Smash Bros

Kura
December 7th, 2012, 01:06 PM
For me it was either duck hunt for the nes or super mario for the nes

Unknown#
December 7th, 2012, 03:43 PM
I remember when I was a little kid my parent's found my sister's Genesis in the garage (she never really cared for video games). It had a copy of the original Sonic the Hedgehog with it and I absolutely loved it. Too bad my sister decided to give the Genesis away a few weeks later.

Charizard Girl
December 9th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Oh wow.....first game I played.....had to be Millipede on the GBA when I was no older than 5.

Rimskye
January 6th, 2013, 03:43 PM
First game I played was The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time. Man, I ust've been about two or three years old. Still my favourite game ever.~

Sora
January 6th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Not including the computer games that I was playing for who knows how long before an actual video game? Pokemon Silver. On my eighth birthday when I was given a Gameboy Color and both Pokemon Gold and Silver with it. I do not remember having any video games before then.

TheFattestSnorlax
January 6th, 2013, 05:10 PM
When I was 9 I got my first game, a PlayStation 2 game called Burnout 3. Believe it or not, I had finished the game just yesterday. The halt-up in time was because I hated racing with the US Circuit Racer. The speed was great but the control was horrid.

vaporeon7
January 6th, 2013, 08:12 PM
The first two I can remember are Pokémon Red and Kirby's Dream Land. I played them for hours taking turns with my brother. And they both remain some of my favourite games.

Urugamosu
January 6th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Pokemon Pinball and Red if I remember correctly. I can't remember which was my first, and I think that's where my Pokémon interest sparked.

vapes
January 6th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Tarzan on the Gameboy color lol

ZetaZaku
January 7th, 2013, 08:32 AM
The first game I remember playing is Super Mario World or Super Mario All-Stars. Not sure which one it is, but it was definitely a Mario game on the SNES. Maybe I played something before that (my parents had an Atari), but I really don't remember.

RivalGator
January 7th, 2013, 10:33 AM
I think it was Kings Quest The Princeless Bride, Shivers, Alone in the Dark, or Laura Bow: The Colonel's Bequest. One of those games.

PikachuAddict
January 7th, 2013, 10:52 AM
The first video game I played was Super Mario World back in '94, when I got the SNES and Super Mario All Star + Super Mario World bundle. Still have to this day.

Patrick
January 7th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Safari Hunt/Hang On for the Sega Master System.

awolfsquared
January 13th, 2013, 06:05 AM
It actually was a Pokemon game. My first video game was Pokemon Red back in 2000 when I was 7. My first non-Pokemon video game, I believe was Ratchet and Clank but it's hard to remember if I played any games beside Pokemon before that.

Pryze
January 13th, 2013, 06:15 AM
My first game was Crystal in 2001, and I still have that exact copy, actually.

waveguidebuizel
January 13th, 2013, 04:39 PM
I think the first video game I played was Super Mario World for the SNES at my cousins' house. Or was it Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on the Sega Genesis? I can't remember which I played first, but I do remember I was horrible at them. :P

Sweets Witch
January 13th, 2013, 09:54 PM
My very first game that I ever played was this Jeopardy game that was on the computer we had when I was maybe 5 or 6. It was fun and I never took a correct answer for granted because I was just completely guessing.

SaniOKh
January 14th, 2013, 11:59 AM
I played my first video game when I was 3. I remember back then we had a Master System with "Ghost House", "Global Defense", "Rescue Mission" and two built-in games, "Safari Hunt" and "Hang-on". I don't know which one was exactly my first, but since I remember "Ghost House" being my favorite of the five, this is the game I usually credit for being my very first video game.

XLegionxX
January 14th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Halo CE on Xbox or Half-Life on PC

That's probably why I'm so... interesting

Miss Anne Thrope
January 14th, 2013, 06:06 PM
My brother said when I was 3 I went bat**** for Street Fighter.
The first game I actually remember playing was called Gex.

Yuoaman
January 14th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Super Mario Bros. on my mom's NES, good times.

Puppeteer Mask
January 15th, 2013, 07:51 AM
The very first game I played was Super Mario Brothers 3 for the NES. I remember it quite well. It was my favourite game for quite a while. Super Mario World and Sonic The Hedgehog 2 are the other games that I think are the furthest back in my memories.

ShadowE
January 15th, 2013, 07:57 AM
My very first video game was Command and Conquer: Red Alert. It was a really addicting (and it still is) RTS game that had some difficulty in it. I played it for a long time till Tiberian Sun came out, then i lost the game and a couple years later i bought the The First Decade which contained Red Alert aswell and i started to play it again

Jampatino
January 15th, 2013, 11:12 AM
My first one was Pokemon Yellow. I can still remember the day when I got it, with the yellow gameboy. I had a great time playing even though I didn't know what was being said in the game. Unfortunately I do not have the gameboy but I still have Pokemon Yellow.

lunae
January 18th, 2013, 05:38 PM
The first ever game I played happened to be Pokemon.. It was Pokemon Snap, though. In a Pikachu styled N64 console. I was more than excited to play it. :3

Lord Varion
January 18th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Tetris GB.

Nuff' Said, I suppose.