PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek

pikachurcks
November 26th, 2012, 01:21 PM
well I became a fan after the JJ's Trek reboot I want to know what do you think of Trek and why?

Esper
November 27th, 2012, 09:44 AM
I'm a big Star Trek nerd. My friends say I only need to see the first 5 seconds of an episode of Next Generation to know which episode it is, and it's mostly true. I grew up watching TNG, DS9, Voyager, and kinda somewhat Enterprise.

As a franchise it's got more than a few problems, but I love it anyway.

Harley Quinn
November 30th, 2012, 07:00 PM
...i'VE NEVER SEEN A SINGLE EPISODE I AM SORRY SCARF AKA COMMANDER PICARD

It's one of those shows that even though it's incredibly famous and just as influential, it's never piqued my interest to watch a single episode of it. I'm sure I would enjoy it had I the desire to watch an episode, but I've never been bothered to do so, lol. Maybe when I'm 35 and having a midlife crisis I will finally watch an episode from a generation of Star Trek. Maybe.

Alice
December 1st, 2012, 12:57 AM
I like it, and watch episodes occasionally, but I'm not a super huge fan or anything. Although, I'm surprised that I'm not a big fan... I really should be honestly. I guess it's just that I don't like TV all that much, and can't really dedicate a full hour to watching one show. (Needless to say, I don't like movies either, and haven't watched any in years.)

A question I've always wondered: Why does no one consider Janeway as a contender for best captain? I'd probably pick her personally.

Brynjolf
December 1st, 2012, 10:55 AM
I haven't much of an interest for Star Trek, but I am a big geek when it does come to this kind of stuff.
I've never watched an episode of it in my life, but I have confidence that it is a neat series. I'm not a Trekkie, but I defend them when it comes to Star Trek haters.

Esper
December 1st, 2012, 11:57 AM
...i'VE NEVER SEEN A SINGLE EPISODE I AM SORRY SCARF AKA COMMANDER PICARD
It's Captain Picard.

A question I've always wondered: Why does no one consider Janeway as a contender for best captain? I'd probably pick her personally.
Some people do, but most Star Trek fans are guys so...

Also Voyager was the 4th series. Generally I don't think they often knew what they were doing with her character and/or the direction of the show. They'd run out of a lot of steam by then (and the series probably wouldn't have made it to 7 seasons if they hadn't done a billion Borg episodes in the later seasons, which personally made me not care so much about it.)