PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite type and why?

27thColt
December 8th, 2012, 04:14 AM
My favorite type is water.I also think it is the best.
Why?Many reasons why.
-My first pokemon was Empoleon in Pokemon Pearl
-few weaknesses and can cover most of those weaknesses
-Very strong in defensive stats and useful offensively
-stats are spread out evenly
-Few types resist this
-Water is the most common type in all pokemon

awolfsquared
December 8th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Dark cause alot of them are my favorite: Umbreon, Absol, Scrafty, Krookodile, Darkrai, Mightyena, Stuktank, Hydreigon ,Tyranittar ,Zorua/Zoroark. Alot of cool and powerful Pokemon and good set of moves with secondary effects such as Crunch, Bite and Faint Attack. It's probably why I'm the owner of the Dark-type club of PC.

Second favorite is probably Grass cause my favorite Pokemon, Treecko is a Grass type.

Detective Prince
December 8th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Fire probably. A lot of my favourite Pokemon are fire types (Arcanine, Rapidash, Cyndaquil) so are a lot of my favourite moves. :) So I guess there's no real other reason than that.

Gym Leader Whitney
December 8th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Normal Types all the way, because they are the cutest cuddly pretty and can be very strong.
Examples include, my Miltank, Snorlax, Furret, Porygon Z, Blissey, Eevee, and the normal type legendary Meloetta which is simply adorable :3

Gym Leader Whitney~

TaichiWind
December 8th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Yeah, there's... Electric... Steel... Poison... Fire... There's a lot of types I like.

But if I had to choose a favorite type, it has to be Electric. It has the crippling Thunder Wave, moves like Thunderbolt and Zap Cannon. The Pokémon of it tend to have hight Speed and decent Special Attack and most have cool designs.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/618.gif

I said MOST.

Starfury
December 8th, 2012, 06:34 PM
I used to be a big fan of water-type pokémon. Vaporeon was my all-time favourite. That's changed to normal-type, because as Gym Leader Whitney said, "they're cute, cuddly, pretty and can be very strong".

My top favourite is now Eevee, because of all it's eeveelutions.

Sassy Milkshake
December 8th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Grass is the best type. Lots of typing combos, even though a lot of them are poison. ;P And Tropius is my favorite Pokemon, so that works out well.

pikakitten
December 8th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Electric!
Pikachu Line, Emolga, Pachurisu, Plusle Minun, all those little rodent pokemon!
And awesome ones such as Raikou, Zapdos, Thunderus, etc.
Pikakitten, Fire/Electric Type.

Apollo
December 9th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Psychic, definitely. Their powers seem to amaze me so much, and they're so mysterious. Electric would have to be second.

TheCollector
December 9th, 2012, 02:07 AM
Normal.

Normal:
+ Only one weakness, immune to Ghost but at the same time can't hit Ghost with STAB unless you can counter-moves for that.
+ Varied movepool, most Normal types can learn moves of different types.
+ Allround stat-wise.
+ Wide variety of Normal Pokémon to choose from.

Normal type is more or less a "default" type, you'll probably have one, but it doesn't stick out all that much. Normal type Pokémons are workman-like and do the job without shining (pun intended) all too much.

Honeyman
December 9th, 2012, 02:35 AM
I see... No love for Bug types...

I guess I'll just be sitting in the corner talking to my Pinsir and Shuckle...

FiyahKitteh
December 9th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Well, clearly I like Water---naw, just kidding. It's FIYAH! =D

Why? Because Fire is my element. And honestly, I just feel closest to that.
IMO there are way too little cool FIYAH Pokémon though. >.<

Praisedscooter
December 9th, 2012, 06:25 AM
I'm a fan of Steel types and Water Types. Oddly enough though, I do not like Empoleon

Mochi
December 9th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Definitely Normal-type Pokemon. Ice, Water, and Grass closely follow that but I love the versatility with Normal-types.

One of my absolute favorite Pokemon is Minccino, closely followed by Cinccino.

Madic0
December 9th, 2012, 11:06 AM
I recently developed a soft spot for Steel types. That 11-type resist wrinkles my brain.

PlatinumDude
December 10th, 2012, 11:20 AM
I like Water because Mudkip was the first starter I picked ever, and Water also has good neutral coverage in battle.

Sarah Morgan
December 10th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Dragon Types are my undisputed fave, They are tough to train but happen to be VERY clutch Pokemon. The only dragon Pokemon I don't like is Garchomp.

SoulSilver10112
December 10th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Fire types for me. I've always had a fondness towards them since I started watching Pokemon as a toddler

Turboblaze
December 10th, 2012, 02:04 PM
It's close between fire and electric with me but I think fire has a slight edge. Fire type Pokemon tend to be some of the strongest and also usually specialize in my favorite stat which is special attack.

SilvertheX
December 13th, 2012, 04:52 AM
Hmm I seem to be weak against any kind of fighting type so I guess I am a dark user.

My favourite pokemons are mostly dark-types but I seem to like them the most
Groundtypes are a close second. I cant remember if there is a ground/dark-TYPE though (besides that awful Scorpion thing )

ahmet476
December 18th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Fire type. Because it beats many other types and fire type pokemon are usually much cooler in design than others. They also tend to get higher special attack than other elemental trio types.

FlameNinja
December 18th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Mine would have to be Dragon types^^
1) Love Dragons in general
2) their attacks are powerful and awesome
3) The first pokemon I thought was just so awesome was Charizard, I know not a dragon type but looks like one and then I learned about real dragon types as generations passed and I just love all of them

Nebula
December 18th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Though Dragon and Psychic are close to my heart, I have to say that Fire type Pokémon will hold the reigns of my favorite. The mains reasons are that a lot of Pokémon I love and have used throughout the games are within this category, and there are some pretty awesome fire type moves available like Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire in combination with Sunny Day. They do have their difficulties and sometimes I can't stand them for it, but I love them nonetheless.

enohp
December 19th, 2012, 07:52 AM
I'd say my favorite is fire. I seem to like the art style of the fire monsters. I guess I have always related fire with power. Every time I start a new pokemon game I always pick the fire starter.

pokepikamon
December 27th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Fire, because charmender ftw! ahahah

Blueball Blitz
December 27th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Poison-Type, because:
-Haunter carried me through my first Elite 4 because of his annoying poisonings.
-Poison's cannot get poisoned.
-Most poison types have counters towards their weaknesses.
-Most Poisons are pretty quick.
-Gengar is awesome.

m3s0aws0m3
December 28th, 2012, 01:49 PM
my favorite pokemon type is fire because the burn effects of the moves.

Wandering~Leaf
December 28th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Hmm...flying, fire, dragon, ghost types...I love those, and more. I can't really choose a favorite, because I love so many...

However, I will explain my reasons for these types.
Fire: My very first Pokemon was Infernape, a fire type. Fire types usually have great designs, and represent the fire in my spirit.

Flying: Almost all of them have a natural beauty about them, and usually excel in speed and attack, two of my favorite stats, besides special attack.

Ghost: They are very mysterious, and have surprising abilities. Not only that, many of them have a wicked design, and just generally cool.

Dragon: Perhaps the strongest type, possessing phenomenal stats, and have a mystic feel to them, especially Altaria and Dragonair...and because they are just boss in general. XD

Utzipher
December 31st, 2012, 12:09 AM
The water type appeals to me more, possibly because my personal element is water, as well (horoscope is Pisces). It may be the most common, but it's definitely one of the most underestimated.

Fonzy95
December 31st, 2012, 07:49 AM
Fire and Dragon for sure! why? Look at my signature

Roranosuke
December 31st, 2012, 09:39 AM
Normal all the way. The Learnsets are huge, with all sorts of moves of all types, Normal Pokemon have no type strengths, but few weaknesses, & a lot Pokemon with uniqe builds & abilities are Normal types, eg Kecleon, Castform, Porygon & evolutions, Blissey & its line, Slaking, Regigigas. But also because to someone who's favourite colour is white, their easy on the eyes.

Psychic would be my second, for much the same reasons.

mechro147
December 31st, 2012, 09:57 AM
dark and dragons are my absolute favorites.

BanditThePikachu
January 1st, 2013, 07:36 AM
Surprisingly for me, Psychic. I just love most of their designs of Pokemon, and some of the cool moves. I usually definitely try to leave a slot on my team for one!

Schwan
January 1st, 2013, 02:41 PM
Dark because I always loved Umbreon and Houndoom. Psychic is a close second because of Espeon being my other favourite along with Umbreon.

Arlo
January 1st, 2013, 06:29 PM
From seeing and answering this question a few times now, I've about come to the conclusion that Grass is my favorite type. I honestly don't know why - I just like Grass types.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
January 4th, 2013, 03:16 PM
My honorary top 5 are dark, fighting, flying, ice and bug but my absolute favourite is... fire :D Most of my favourites are that type and I just love the thought of a pokémon unleashing a flamethrower on someone lol xD

Hikamaru
January 12th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Water-types, cos they are handy and most have appealing designs.

Not to mention my fave evolution line is Water-type too.

curiousnathan
January 12th, 2013, 12:52 AM
I'm known to chop and change, but I think it's safe to say, that my favourites are Rock/Dark/Steel types. Some of my most favourite of Pokemon share one or two of these attributes, so... it's only natural I like their typing. (Larvitar, Kabutops, Shuckle = Rock | Liepard, Tyranitar = Dark | Forretress, Steelix, Ferrothorn, Scizor, Skarmory = Steel.) Although I do have a few favourite Pokemon outside these types such as Jellicent and Exeggcutor, so I suppose I like a quite a few.

If I really had to narrow it down to one or two, I'd say Rock and Dark types are my favourites.

Starry Windy
January 12th, 2013, 01:12 AM
My favorite types are Water, Grass, and Flying.

Synerjee
January 12th, 2013, 02:03 AM
Hmm..tough choice to make. I would choose water, fire, electric, dragon, steel, dark, psychic....oh no, that's too much. I have a whole lot of favourites... I'm not very good at making choices >< Urkk..OKAY. I'll choose one, and that would be.....FIRE.

The fire-type is known to be powerfully and fiercely elegant, and this can be seen in both the Pokemon and their moves. Take a look at Rapidash, Arcanine and Ninetails for example. They all can be depicted as what I've described above. Don't y'all agree? <3 I will always leave a spot on any of my teams for a precious fire-type.

Miss Anne Thrope
January 12th, 2013, 02:20 AM
Hmm.. There are so many I like it's hard to choose. I suppose I'll go with Poison. There aren't many Poison Pokemon I like, but I love the type.

abnegation
January 25th, 2013, 04:02 AM
Just moved this into Pokémon Voting Polls, since it's more suited to this section. Anything which is a poll like that, is better here. Just be on the lookout for that in future buddy.

Moved.

Caelus
January 30th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Water types have always been my favorite. Most of them are blue, have a cool design, and they can use surf and waterfall (Two of the very few HMs that are very effective in battle).

I also like Steel and Dragon

KriegStein
January 31st, 2013, 03:12 AM
I have always liked the ground type. Since in pokemon red/blue most of my favourites were in this type. Like nidoking/queen, marowack, rhydon and golem. But from the second generation i started to like the steel type. And I think it is my favourite type. I like the overall design of both steel and ground pokemon (atleast in most cases) Plus I always looked out for "strong" pokemon. And at the time I thought they where the strongest. I also like dragons because of their raw power.

C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f
January 31st, 2013, 03:23 AM
Water types. Yes, water. Most of them are cute, and also a few good legendaries like Keldeo and Palkia are Water types. So, I love 'em. I just don't know why, but I prefer them. They also have only two weaknesses as compared to three good-to-the-core advantages, so, yeah. Besides, there are also a few cool moves for water types, and there is no TM for Hydro Pump, so I always found them precious.

Talli
January 31st, 2013, 07:40 AM
My favorite type is dark type because they made Psychic not as tough as the were in G/B/R/Y. Plus my favorite pokemon is a dark type

Playful_Weasel
January 31st, 2013, 09:04 AM
Mixture for me between Dark and Normal types. First off majority of my #1 favorite Pokemon are either Dark or Normal, or a mixture of the two. Some of my favorite attacks are either Dark (such as Payback, Bite, Torment, Assurance, Embargo, Night Slash) or Normal (such as Fury Swipes, Retaliate, Pay Day, Assist, Hyper Fang, Scratch, Cut, Swift, Swagger, Mean Look).