PDA

View Full Version : Paramount Pictures Vs. Universal Studios

Pinkie-Dawn
December 10th, 2012, 08:58 AM
2012 marks both Paramount Pictures and Universal Studios' 100th anniversary. Because of this, you think they'll try to make a movie that will be just as memorable as their previous masterpieces. Now that we're in December, and Universal has one more movie left to release (Les Miserables) before the competition between the two companies regarding who won this year and made the better movie out of all the others they've released. Who will emerge victorious?

JayD
December 10th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Universal Studios do got some of the best movies out there. Not to mention the ones to popularize the Universal monster genre "Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, Mummy etc." And they made tons of movies that not only withstood the test of time but still to this day remains awesome movies.

Paramount Pictures also made tons of movies but some of them were not as good as the one from Universal's. But they still made great ones nonetheless.

But in my opinion, Universal is the one that made the most impact in the movie business.

Pinkie-Dawn
December 12th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Universal Studios do got some of the best movies out there. Not to mention the ones to popularize the Universal monster genre "Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, Mummy etc." And they made tons of movies that not only withstood the test of time but still to this day remains awesome movies.

Paramount Pictures also made tons of movies but some of them were not as good as the one from Universal's. But they still made great ones nonetheless.

But in my opinion, Universal is the one that made the most impact in the movie business.

That's true, but our main focus on this thread is who won the competition for 2012 in terms of their 100th anniversary. So far, Paramount appears to be winning since most of Universal's movies haven't been critical successes (The Avengers beating Battleship and all that).

Esper
December 12th, 2012, 04:23 PM
I thought The Avengers was Marvel/Disney. Is this one of those things where one company owns another which owns another and they don't tell you?

Anyway, Universal is responsible for that awful Lorax movie. That's a very big hole they have to dig themselves out of in my book.

Pinkie-Dawn
December 16th, 2012, 10:18 AM
I thought The Avengers was Marvel/Disney. Is this one of those things where one company owns another which owns another and they don't tell you?

Disney does own Marvel, but they let Paramount release their movies because they're still afraid of the negative backlash from the fans when they bought Marvel.

Anyway, Universal is responsible for that awful Lorax movie. That's a very big hole they have to dig themselves out of in my book.

Les Miserable? To be fair, some people actually liked the Lorax, even from a radio station I listened to on my car one time during Dr. Seuss' birthday.

JayD
December 16th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Oh sorry. I haven't really understood the thread then lol.

Who won the competition for their 100th anniversary? Hmm.. pretty tough choice since the movies they released on 2012 weren't all that great lol. So my answer would be neither? But Hollywood is definitely not dead. Every decade had their own share of what was popular at the time, being sci-fi, horror and whatnot. The phase Hollywood seems to be in right now are practically reboots.

But I gotta say, the movies that Universal Studios and Paramount Pictures are gonna release in 2013 looks very promising.