• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you keep warm?

Sirfetch’d

With Winter approaching here in the U.S. most of us are starting to feel the cold temperatures. So my question to you is how do you keep warm? Do you use a heater? Sit by the ole fireplace? Or just simply have a cup of hot chocolate?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I get out the winter clothes I pack away - thick flannel pajamas, fur-lined slipper boots, the works ;n;

We have a fireplace in our new house but it doesn't really give off much heat...

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I don't like hot chocolate, which other people find to be weird.
I just lurk around the fireplace or find a blanket (if I want to use the computer or something and can't be at the fireplace).

Socks and hoodies are also helpful, even indoors. My house is very old so the heat escapes quickly.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
My house has central heating but I still feel cold. I often wear sweaters, use blankets and when Im downstairs sit near the fireplace.

Years
Layer up. I wear my favorite fuzzy robe at home. It's quite comfortable. :3 I prefer something that comes off easy (coat/robe/zip-up hoodie) as opposed to a sweater or long-sleeved shirt. Sometimes I get hot, and I want it to slip right off instead of

I'm always the first person to get cold, so the heater was never regulated according to what I felt. Thus, layers. It was weird knowing I could regulate the thermostat when I moved into my apartment. o___O Once I set it in the winter, I typically don't touch it until it's time to come off, or it gets super duper cold.

When I go to bed, I have a heated blanket if I need it. My room is poorly insulated and thus is colder than the rest of the house. (Another reason I don't like adjusting the thermostat. I usually stay in my room; the rest of the apartment would be boiling hot if I made it comfortable in my room.)

How did this get so tl;dr? o__O

Years
When I'm out I wear a coat and a scarf. When I'm in I wear socks and maybe turn the heater on if it's getting chilly. I don't have to do much since it doesn't get that cold and I'm a sort of human space heater on my own.

Years
Inside is really hot at home anyway, but not got enough to only wear a t-shirt.

Mornings are awful though, especially after taking a shower >.<

When I go outside I wear a jacket, a furry hat and sometimes gloves. I used to wear a scarf but it's not cold enough yet :/.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I have a heater so I tend to use it at times.

When I don't I usually wear a long sleeve shirt under my normal shirt I wore during the day, shorts under my pants, two pair of socks. I will need to start having my winter gear ready. Extra socks, warm gloves and my Slayer beanie.

To stay extra warm, I'll drink Tea or Hot Chocolate or Apple Cider.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Blankets. Lots of them.

I don't have a fireplace or heater, so that kinds sucks. We're getting a space heater for Christmas though, or so I hear.

Years
I have several blankets of various thickness.

For some reason I don't like bundling up in heavy clothes while I'm indoors, and I usually can't be bothered to go make something like cocoa (whenever we actually have it), and I have plenty of blankets around here. So, if I need to warm up...I just layer blankets on top of myself.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I have this really warm and itchy jacket that I don't use. There's no winter here in the Philippines, so it's pretty useless.

Years
I usually wrap my blanket around me and eat hot food, especially soup. I try everything to get warm.

But not right now given it's summer in Australia.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
With Winter approaching here in the U.S.

More countries than the USA experience winter, yanno. ;]

Anyway, it's getting pretty cold over here now and I have... no heated blanket, no heater, and no fireplace! As such it's excessive amounts of clothing and blankets for me which usually does the trick, even if it's a bit heavy and uncomfortable.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
i have a jacket for which is useless over here i only use it when i go to my cousin's place xD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
In the house, I use a heater, but when I'm outside, I use a jacket. Indoors, I try to tough the cold out, as I actually like the cold sensation.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Ah, well. My laptop gets really warm when I put it on charge, so I just leave it by my feet every night when I'm sleeping.

I always usually just pop into the Sixth Form Canteen every day before my first lesson and get a cappuccino to warm up and wake up. XD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I don't really make a conscious effort of keeping myself warm other than going outside, when I wear jeans or sweatpants and make sure I have a sweatshirt or something of the sort to wear. Inside the house, I guess staying in bed and being covered in a blanket is the only thing that I really do to keep warm.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I turn on the heater if it's really cold because I want to save on gas/electricity. I have a low-energy consumption electric blanket, though, that I love :3 I also put on an oversized hoodie, too!

Back