PDA

View Full Version : Most under appreciated Pokemon?

Dragonmage
December 15th, 2012, 01:34 PM
What's the most under appreciated Pokemon, in your opinion?

Sydian
December 15th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Since this is about Pokemon and not the games specifically, I'll move this to Pokemon Voting Polls. :)

Ummmm I would have to say Altaria! I don't think it gets the praise and love and adoration that it should! Everyone should use one. :D

Sassy Milkshake
December 15th, 2012, 05:42 PM
I'd say Tropius, but that's pretty biased since it's my favorite Pokemon.

I guess I'll go with Golem. I think just because it can be downed with one super effective move people tend to forget about its positive attack aspects. That or just everyone is too lazy to trade and thinks Golem is underrated as a result.

Hikamaru
December 15th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Probably the Elgyem line, I hardly see anyone using them but they are among my fave Psychic-types.

Honeyman
December 15th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Shuckle.
SURE, it is amazingly awful in 3 of it's stats, but those defenses alone actually makes this my 3rd favorite Pokemon. And Shuckle is just adorable...

pikakitten
December 15th, 2012, 08:57 PM
I'm with Honeyman on this one since Shuckle can do the most damage (under very specific circustances with a partner but still)

"A level 100 Shuckle can potentially deal the most damage in one single attack through the use of numerous stat boosters; by using Helping Hand by two different Pokémon in a Triple battle, holding a Metronome, Power Trick, a Skill Swap to Pure Power or Huge Power, 6 Attack boosts, and a Mimiced Me First used on a slower Pokémon using the Defense Curl/Rollout combo. Also, Shuckle's partner must have the ability Flower Gift and the weather must be sunny. On the 5th turn of using Rollout consecutively without any misses, if used against a level 1 Ledyba, Yanma or Combee with minimum Defense stats, that have been hit with negative Defense modifiers (such as Screech), it can deal 481,266,036 damage with a critical hit." -Bulbapedia

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/213.gif
Deal with it

Correspondence
December 15th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Gotta agree with the posts above.Shuckle with the right moves and conditions can be a killing machine.

Sarah Morgan
December 15th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Crogunk doesn't get enough love. We finally get a posion gym leader and it doesn't garner a spot on Roxie's roster.

Honeyman
December 15th, 2012, 10:36 PM
We finally get a posion gym leader
What about Koga or Janine?

Sarah Morgan
December 15th, 2012, 11:07 PM
What about Koga or Janine?

They completely slipped my mind lol. I just don't think Crogunk gets enough credit

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
December 17th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Shuckle.
SURE, it is amazingly awful in 3 of it's stats, but those defenses alone actually makes this my 3rd favorite Pokemon. And Shuckle is just adorable...

Yes I agree with this, I actually use Shuckle on my team because of it's high defenses and special defenses. I love using Toxic and then Protect to see the opponet's health gradually decrease. This was way before I found out about the information that was posted below from bulbapedia regarding Shuckle's true power.

:t354:TG

LilJz
December 17th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Tentacool and Zubat. Since Zubat is in EVERY cave and Tentacool in EVERY water zone, people get so tired of them they don't even bother to capture them. But their last evolutionary line are really good to battle with. Tentacruel got awesome poison attack and Crobat got awesome speed.

Cardinal
December 28th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Finneon and Lumineon. No one even remembers them. They are my two favorite water types! I know they're not good in battle, but I've only seen people use them in Nuzlockes.

PokéZoom
December 28th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Relicanth. Infact, most fish Pokémon are underappreciated.

PlatinumDude
December 28th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Klinklang. It may look weird, and its movepool may be bad, but it has good stats to make up for it.

Eeveelution Co-ordinator
January 27th, 2013, 01:56 AM
Okay, last day until no-one can post here! I would say Bidoof, I mean, it's pretty strong i my opinion (and cute!).

Chaos Fork
January 27th, 2013, 05:25 AM
I find galvantula unappreciated somehow. Sure it has low offencive stats but it's a killing machine if it has compoundeyes. Thunder+compoundeyes+stab+high speed=0_0

Sweets Witch
January 27th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Cradily. I miss the days when I could switch into a Gyarados and Curse while it DD'd until it hit me with a Waterfall only for it to be absorbed and then hit them with a +5 Rock move (I actually liked Smack Down a lot because with Earthquake it made Skarmory a joke).

Letham
January 29th, 2013, 09:02 AM
I definitely agree with the posters above Shuckle is fairly unappreciated I've seen him go to work once or twice in my time.

Also agree with Crogunk. He's a pretty cool little dude but never really seen many people use him.

doeboy9
February 1st, 2013, 09:12 AM
Tentacool and Zubat. Since Zubat is in EVERY cave and Tentacool in EVERY water zone, people get so tired of them they don't even bother to capture them. But their last evolutionary line are really good to battle with. Tentacruel got awesome poison attack and Crobat got awesome speed.

I had a Crobat in my team that kicked some serious ass.

Butterfree in my opinion was always under rated. Especially in the original games. If you put the time in you have a really strong poke for the early part of the game.

xMysticDawn
February 1st, 2013, 11:00 AM
In my opinion, I think it's Bellsprout, but I think it's a pretty strong grass type, and when it evolves, it becomes a Badass :3

The_Consumer
February 2nd, 2013, 06:36 PM
Tentacool and zubat are under appreciated.
Same with the rattata/sentret/zigzagoon etc line
Umm..and for good reason :P

Cassino
February 7th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Parasect! I used it in the Fire Red playthrough that got me back into Pokemon.
Normal types generally seem to be overlooked, too, although the argument can be made that they're difficult to play.

Talli
February 7th, 2013, 09:13 AM
That would be the Spearow line in my opinion it seems to get tossed a side for the pidgey line as Everyone wants a pidgeot instead of a fearow.

gimmepie
February 7th, 2013, 10:02 AM
It is hard to choose... a few really.

I have to agree with shuckle although at this point I'd say we can't really include it any more.

Electrode is a good one. For similar reasons to Galvantuala... Electro Ball made it pretty awesome.

The ones I find truly underatted though are Wobbuffet and Castform.

Wobbuffet can take a lot of hits and deals double back with each one, not to mention that it can force your hand with encore and has destiny bond to back everything up in case it faints.

Castform is the only pokemon capable of dealing x5 effective damage due to the aforementioned Paras/ect and whilst it doesn't have the greatest stats it is a very versatile pokemon that can deal some rather heavy damage with the right moves and conditions.

oh and I think Fearow is awesome.

Buggles
March 5th, 2013, 06:21 PM
I feel as though early bug types in general (caterpie, weedle, sewaddle, spinarak, wurmple) are all underappreciated.

Starting with gen 1, Butterfree and Beedrill are both capable of dealing plenty of damage, Butterfree being more up-front and status effect oriented and Beedrill being more sustained with moves like fury attack and twinneedle.

Spinarak and Ariados, I find, are pretty strong when you teach them poison type moves such as sludge bomb and toxic. Their defense may be lacking, but their speed makes up for it.

Beautifly and Dustox are two amazing bug-type pokemon in that Beautifly can deal heavy special damage and heal itself with morning sun, and Dustox can endure quite a bit, as well as deal out damage.

Wormadam is pretty unique in that its type changes based on where you found one. I think that little bit of diversity allows you to have more than one in your party with different specialties, which can be useful in mono-type runs. Mothim is in the same place as Dustox, except it's less durable for more damage.

All I have to say in defense of Sewaddle is this: Burgh's Leavanny. Remember that guy? He can wreck entire parties if you're not prepared.

Maaki
March 5th, 2013, 06:31 PM
The Pidgey line. Yeah, Pidgey shows up every 3 seconds in the beginning and it's annoying, but Pidgeot is one of my main Pokemon in my party every time.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
March 8th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Caterpie in my view. Also butterfree

jfmario
March 8th, 2013, 04:13 PM
I have to go with Zubat.
I used to despise Zubats. Then I finally threw one in my team for the heck of it. Leveled it, evolved it to Crowbat. Crowbat's not a bad pokemon. I'd take the Zubat-Crowbat line over Pidgey-Pidgeot any day of teh week. Good mix of great flying attacks, poisoning/confusing effects, and dark moves. I seriously regret the time I overlooked this very good mix.