PDA

View Full Version : Yo

Roranosuke
December 24th, 2012, 01:41 AM
Hey, yet another new guy here. The name's Roranosuke, I'm into POkemon hacks & challenges, &... yeah. That's probably where I'll be.

....... Okay, so 2 sentences feels a ridiculously short length to start a thread with. Lesse, what else.... I'm one of the geezers who played Pokemon R/B/Y on real Gameboys when we were brats, my favourite Gen is probably G/S/C, my favourite Pokemon is between Regigigas & Porygon. I'm an amateur ROM hacker hoping to soon publish my first hack, & I'm more a solo player than a Wifi Club guy.

There, much better :)

derozio
December 24th, 2012, 04:39 AM
Hello, Roranosuke! Welcome to the Pokécommunity forums! :D You'll be right at home on PC, considering the fact that you're a long term fan and are interested in ROM Hacking and all. And I'm sure PC's helpful community won't disappoint you. ;] If you ever find the forums intimidating or just want a senior forum member show you around, don't hesitate to apply for a mentor in the NU/W Adoption Center. Quite a lot of people there are veterans who know a LOT about PC and will surely help you out. Of course, if you're anything like I was back in the day when I was into ROM Hacking, you'd probably have lurked the hell out of those forums and probably don't need much help in navigation. XD; But yeah, just saying - don't hesitate if you need help! And on a side note, my fave gen is also G/S/C. Those games had some sort of magic that just couldn't be captured by the games of other generations, imo. Although I'm not a pokéfan now, no, not by a long shot, I still look at those games and feel nostalgic thinking about those fond memories I spent playing those games. Too bad I don't play them games anymore. ;A; But yeah, enough about me, I guess.

Moving on, have you read the rules? Just asking in case you've missed them by any chance, yo. If not , just do it once and you'll probably stay outta trouble for a long, looong time. And if you have any queries, just contact a staff member such as Cirno or any other upper staff. These guys may, at times, appear intimidating, but are friendly as hell. Of course, you can contact me as well, but my knowledge is limited to the Art & Design section - one which you probably don't really have an interest in, haha.

With that said, have fun at PC! Would really love to see and play your game someday!
[/yeah I remember I said I don't play Pokemon anymore but that doesn't mean I won't ever play excellent hacks anymore. ;p]

Hikamaru
December 24th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Hey, yet another new guy here. The name's Roranosuke, I'm into POkemon hacks & challenges, &... yeah. That's probably where I'll be.

....... Okay, so 2 sentences feels a ridiculously short length to start a thread with. Lesse, what else.... I'm one of the geezers who played Pokemon R/B/Y on real Gameboys when we were brats, my favourite Gen is probably G/S/C, my favourite Pokemon is between Regigigas & Porygon. I'm an amateur ROM hacker hoping to soon publish my first hack, & I'm more a solo player than a Wifi Club guy.

There, much better :)

Hi Roranosuke, and welcome!

PC is famous for its hacks which attract loads of newbies every day, and you are no exception. Our Emulation section is full of hacks you can discuss, as well as tools and resources you can use to make your own. Sadly, I'm terrible at hacks but you'll meet loads of new friends over there!

Since you like R/B/Y and G/S/C you should also check out our Metal and Color Generations (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36) section. Have you played any 3rd, 4th or 5th Generation games yet? I played most games from 3rd Gen, the entire 4th Gen and I have played Black & White and about to start Black 2 & White 2. And why do you like Regigigas and Porygon so much? I'm just a little curious as to why you like them.

Anyways, call me Hikari. And if you need help or just ask feel free to ask me or a mod anytime. And have a very Merry Christmas!

- Hikari10

Cid
December 24th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Oh haha, I'm like that too. When I see a typo in my post I immediately click the edit button. :P

Anyway welcome to PC, Roranosuke! It's awesome that you dropped by PC. It's certainly well known for those quality hacks. :D And we have a thriving Challenges section that you'll probably like, too! I'm also one of those geezers you mentioned, although I'm not really one of the earliest because when I played them GSC already existed, lol. But yeah we are very similar! GSC is absolutely awesome, and it's probably my favorite gen, too! My fave 'mons would be Squirtle and Lanturn right here, along with others that I won't bother mention. :3 Regigigas and Porygon's okay for me, not particularly up there on my list but I still like them. I'm also a solo player, haha; if only people that played the franchise were around me. ;;

You're hoping to publish a ROM hack, huh? I hope you do well! If you need some direction relating to the forums, don't be afraid to ask the moderators handling that section! They don't bite. ;D But yeah, I hope to see you and your hack in the future, Roranosuke!

Sheep
December 24th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Hi hi Roranosuke, weeelcome to our wonderful community~ <3 I'm Cirno and it's good to meet you! Totally agreed about being a self grammar nazi, I do it alllll the time. Seeing a typo in my post really makes me cringe. ;_;

Hacks and challenges are two really fun and popular things to get into here, so you made a good choice becoming a member! I actually found out about this forum years ago thanks to searching for Shiny Gold. Challenges are wonderful too and I've been getting into them lately too, especially the awesome Stocking Stuffer Challenge (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=292364) event that's going on in that section right now! Hopefully you've found hacks and challenges you're interested in trying out already, since there are just so many of 'em here that it's hard not to.

Oh, another old geezer! We already have quite a lot in common, so we should totally be friends. :D G/S/C was an amazing set of games, especially with how much the graphics improved from R/B/Y back then. You should drop by the older generation discussion boards and participate in those sometime, since I'm sure you'd be interested in talking about the older (and newer!)games with other fans. That's just a suggestion though; I'll stop gloating the forum now and let you explore on your own, hehe. xD;

If you're looking to create and publish a hack, you'll find a lot of tutorials, tools, resources, mods, and other things to help you out along the way over at Emulation, so do drop by! Keep at it and be dedicated, and you'll be on your way to making one in no time. It seems a bit difficult but all it takes is some practice to create a hack. Will be looking forward to seeing the progress of yours. ^^

That's all from me, so have a splendid stay on PC and have a greattt holiday~

Roranosuke
December 25th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Ty for the welcomes. It makes me so glad this thread actually has replies :embarrass

Of course, if you're anything like I was back in the day when I was into ROM Hacking, you'd probably have lurked the hell out of those forums and probably don't need much help in navigation. XD;

... I confess. I've seen this place a lot while looking up hack related stuffs, & that's a lot of why I'm here now :knockedou

Moving on, have you read the rules? Just asking in case you've missed them by any chance, yo. If not , just do it once and you'll probably stay outta trouble for a long, looong time. And if you have any queries, just contact a staff member such as Cirno or any other upper staff. These guys may, at times, appear intimidating, but are friendly as hell. Of course, you can contact me as well, but my knowledge is limited to the Art & Design section - one which you probably don't really have an interest in, haha.

With that said, have fun at PC! Would really love to see and play your game someday!

I skimmed the rules, yeah. I sort of have a habit of swearing a lot, so whenever I sign up for a forum or chatroom I make a point of reading them so I know whether or not I ought to check myself on it >.<

& Ty, It's good to know at least one person's already looking forward to it :D

Since you like R/B/Y and G/S/C you should also check out our Metal and Color Generations section. Have you played any 3rd, 4th or 5th Generation games yet? I played most games from 3rd Gen, the entire 4th Gen and I have played Black & White and about to start Black 2 & White 2. And why do you like Regigigas and Porygon so much? I'm just a little curious as to why you like them.

Yeah, I do like the 3rd & 4th Gen games, Platinum's probably my favourite after G/S/C. I tried B/w & B2/W2, but the sprite animations & camera movement sort of killed it for me :( Idk, I guess it's a matter of preference, but I think I'd like Gen 5 a lot more if there were an option to turn that off.

I like Porygon & Regigigas firstly because I'm particularly fond of Normal Pokemon. Porygon was my favourite in R/B/Y, because it's not like it's a hidden or Legendary Pokemon, but it's something you might not ever even see on a regular playthrough, & getting Porygon isn't about your skills actually catching Pokemon, just the amount of money/coins you've been able to well up w/o spending it all on Potions & Balls. Regigigas is up there for me because apart from Slaking there isn't another Pokemon in the game that has such a high BST that it's ability is made to be a handicap for the opponent.

You're hoping to publish a ROM hack, huh? I hope you do well! If you need some direction relating to the forums, don't be afraid to ask the moderators handling that section! They don't bite. ;D But yeah, I hope to see you and your hack in the future, Roranosuke!

Ty, I hope you'll enjoy it :)

That's all from me, so have a splendid stay on PC and have a greattt holiday~

Ty, Merry Christmas to you too.