PDA

View Full Version : Hello pokemon fans!

Arlo~
December 28th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Hi there! I'm Arlo!

I've been playing Pokemon my whole life, it was my first game when I was tiny, and I'm still playing it now, at 19!

About Arlo

I have a Bearded Dragon named Snivy and a Leopard Gecko called Marceline
I got White 2 for Christmas
My first game was Blue
My Skype is Crochetsaurus
I also love Digimon an equal amount

Also, is there an IRC for here? I love IRCs :D

Sheep
December 28th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Heeey Arlo, a big welcome to our awesome community!

Hooray another old-time Pokefan, let's be friends! I'm the same way and lots of others here are, too. Pokemon's just too addicting to give up, really. <3 (Let's hope we stay fans forever!) But ah that's pretty neat that you named your pets after Pokemon, and Marceline makes me think of Adventure Time... am I wrong in assuming that's where it's from? I'm an AT fan as well, though I'm still only on season 2. D: There should be a fanclub for it in the Other Clubs section if you're interested in the show.

But it's wonderful you got to try White 2, since they were really good games especially in comparison to Black/White. The plot got a lot better among other things like the PWT, which was awesome. But yeah, instead of talking about the awesomeness of the game, I'll just leave you to playing haha. On the topic of Digimon though, I used to love the series but never really watched more than five or six episodes as a kid. Never did try the games though, but the anime was pretty addicting. What part of Digimon are you most into?

And yup, we have an IRC! :D You can find it by clicking here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=243141). We also have a Pokemon Showdown server among other things, so check those out if you like!

Nice meeting you and have fun here. <3

LORD ANTE
December 28th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Arlo~! I love your decision in username. It rolls off the tongue quite nicely, and Roxie is probably one of the coolest Gym Leaders in Black 2/White 2 so props for that avatar choice! I love her sooo much. :3 Anyway, welcome to PokeCommunity! A bearded dragon named Snivy, eh? That's pretty unique! I've always wanted a bearded dragon but I feel the responsibility of taking care of one would be too great, but the fact you have one is rather awesome in its own! How old is it? Probably young since you named it Snivy, which is pretty recent, right? :]

If you're more into recent games, like Black 2 and White 2, you'll want to check out our Black 2 and White 2 forum (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=247) in the Current Generation Pokemon Gaming forum! It should suit your needs pretty well. If you're into trading, which a lot of people in the new generation are into all of a sudden, check out the Trade Corner (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=161)! Any of the mods or members in those sections can gladly show you around if you trip on the doorstop and end up in a room you weren't meant to be in~!

As Cirno said, we do have an IRC chat, and it can be found here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=243141). There are a bunch of users always one at every hour of the day so no matter your time zone or when you're able to find time to get on, you'll always have people to chat with! The IRC users are rather friendly in their own respect anyway so no matter what you'll be greeted with a warm smile, I can assure.

Once more, welcome to PokeCommunity! If you ever need anything or just want someone to talk to, please drop me a Visitor Message or even a Private Message and I'll get back to you just as soon as I can, and since I'm almost always around your wait won't be that long, most likely. XD; Enjoy your stay!

Arlo~
December 28th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Snivy is about two years old, and Marceline (who's nearly 7 months) is named after Adventure Time! I also have a Siamese Fighting fish called Calcifer named after the fire demon in Howl's Moving Castle. Bearded Dragons are definitely a lot of responsibility, and mine certainly likes to test my patience haha

Roxie is pretty darn cool, she's a poison user and I plan on cosplaying her for the next london expo.

I love the Digimon anime, but never really had a chance to watch any series all the way through, I have enjoyed the games (as well as Monster Rancher) since I was little too. Terriermon is my favourite Digimon, and Gengar/Snivy are my favourite pokemon :)

Hikamaru
December 28th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Hi there! I'm Arlo!

I've been playing Pokemon my whole life, it was my first game when I was tiny, and I'm still playing it now, at 19!

About Arlo

I have a Bearded Dragon named Snivy and a Leopard Gecko called Marceline
I got White 2 for Christmas
My first game was Blue
My Skype is Crochetsaurus
I also love Digimon an equal amount

Also, is there an IRC for here? I love IRCs :D

Hello Arlo, and welcome to PC.

You have one cool username, and Roxie is such an awesome character, so that's an awesome avatar you have. Antemortem has directed you to our Black 2 and White 2 section, where you can take part in discussions there and you can also share your experiences in the Travel Journal located there, can't wait to see your entries! I got both games for Christmas and I already have 5 badges in Black 2. (My team is Litwick, Samurott, Lucario, Sigilyph, Roserade and Excadrill at present)

There's also the Trade Corner for trading, whether it'd be the Quick Trade Thread or set up a Trade Shop, you're sure to get any missing Pokemon you have. And our IRC is fun to chat on as well, sadly I have problems with Java so I can't access it but you may enjoy it nonetheless.

I'm Hikari, and feel free to VM me or a mod if you need help!

- Hikari10

Cid
December 29th, 2012, 06:19 AM
You love IRCs eh? Well then, get more of them right here! Here's Pokémon Clubs' (http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23PokemonClubs&server=reshiram.systemnet.info), Trade Corner's (http://cbe001.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.systemnet.info&channel=%23TradeCorner), and Challenges' (http://cbe001.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.systemnet.info&channel=%23swablunest). That's just a couple of 'em, I might have missed some but I think three's a good number. Since Cirno and Antemortem have both linked you to PC's main one then you might like other IRCs around the forums, too! Come to think of it, I really should visit some of these other IRCs. :3

But yes, a warm welcome to PC, Arlo! You seem like a really sociable person from your interests, and that's great for a forum such as this one! And we are very similar too, except that I'm two years younger than you, but still, Pokémon was one of my first games, and I'm still playing it now! Blue was also my first beaten Pokémon game! :D I'm proud to have seen that Adventure Time reference! Marceline is a cool character. <3 Also it's pretty cool that you have two reptiles as pets. And on a related note, Crochetsaurus sounds like an awesome username, haha. Why didn't you use it here? :p I mean it's unique enough, while still fitting to the person behind it.

A lot of people get Black 2/White 2 for Christmas, so you guys better hop onto it and catch up with everyone else (like what I should be doing, ugh I'm so far behind with my White 2)! Black 2 and White 2 (www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=247) will appreciate your posts. Also I never got into Digimon, so I cannot relate. u_u But um, Howl's Moving Castle! I'm a huge fan of Miyazaki, favorites would probably be Totoro and Ponyo. <3 Also Roxie is a pretty kickass character, and I know a couple of people who cosplay here at PC so you find them fun people to talk to. I like Snivy and Gengar too (the latter one especially, and oh boy does Lucas like it), but nothing beats Squirtle in my list! :p

You seem to be reliable enough; I suppose you've read the rules already? There are rules within the sections themselves, too, so you might want to keep an eye out for them. Apart from that, just enjoy yourself. If you need help, don't hesitate to ask for help from staff (www.pokecommunity.com/showgroups.php) like Cirno there. They don't bite if you ask kindly. ;D See you around, Arlo!