PDA

View Full Version : Most Anticipated Games 2013

Spartacus
December 29th, 2012, 03:39 PM
So 2013 is just around the corner and we have seen quite a lot of news surrounding games due for release in 2013. E3 have also been providing coverage of upcoming games so we have a good idea of what to expect.

What games are you anticipating for 2013?

Personally, The Last of Us looks like such an amazing game. It's something that stands out but also is different from other games in it's genre. The mechanics look great and the sneak peeks show that it could be one of the best games out there.

Brendino
December 30th, 2012, 01:33 AM
The game that I'm anticipating most for next year is Grand Theft Auto V. I never actually got into the series until I tried IV for the first time (despite having played Driver and it's sequels), and I fell in love with the games. I've actually gone back to playing IV recently while I'm waiting for the next one to come out, which almost makes me want the next one more. Everything from having three main characters with largely different personalities, side events like dirt biking, golf, tennis and scuba diving, and a map that is larger than GTA IV, San Andreas and Red Dead Redemption's combined is pretty exciting to me. I'll probably end up pre-ordering it around my birthday in January, just so I can get it on release day.

tabor62
January 2nd, 2013, 10:41 AM
I think my most anticipated game for 2013 at the current moment would have to be Fire Emblem: Awakening for the 3DS. I've been a fan of Fire Emblem since the first American release (the 7th in Japan, why Japan? Why?). This release seems really promising since Shadow Dragon was a let down for me. Also, pre-ordering it at Gamestop gives you an awesome Character Art Book. Though it's being released in February so I probably won't be able to afford it D:

Ok, now I'm just rambling on :/

ソラ
January 2nd, 2013, 03:28 PM
For me, I think it would be Sly Cooper and Thieves in Time, I hope (for america atleast) Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright, One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2, But my most anticipated game I want is Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX, and Tales of Hearts R. There is more, just can't think of them now xD

Alinthea
January 2nd, 2013, 03:58 PM
The game that I'm anticipating most for next year is Grand Theft Auto V.

Two of my mates are working on GTA V at Rockstar Edinburgh. ;)

Off the top of my head, I am looking forward to The Last Of Us, The Elder Scrolls Online, Sim City, Beyond: Two Souls, Total War: Rome II, Tales of Xillia, and Watch Dogs.

Hopefully 2013 will be a good year for gaming! :3

Spartacus
January 2nd, 2013, 04:11 PM
Two of my mates are working on GTA V at Rockstar Edinburgh. ;)

Off the top of my head, I am looking forward to The Last Of Us, The Elder Scrolls Online, Sim City, Beyond: Two Souls, Total War: Rome II, Tales of Xillia, and Watch Dogs.

Hopefully 2013 will be a good year for gaming! :3
Total War: Rome II is a game I am really excited for, and I might be giving Tales of Xillia a try by the looks of it. Also, as an Elder Scrolls player and fan, Elder Scrolls Online is something I really can't wait for.

I have never really been into Bioshock all that much, but Infinite seems a pretty nice game that I'll probably end up picking up.

Alinthea
January 2nd, 2013, 04:14 PM
With Elder Scrolls Online, I don't know how it is going to pan out, but I am excited to give it a go and see how it does pan out. That is one of the things Skyrim missed, for me, the online capability and I wonder if this game fills that void in its own way!

With Bioshock Infinite, I will pick it up at some point, but I am not going to rush out and get it. I don't know why, but I am just not that excited for it.

Spartacus
January 2nd, 2013, 04:24 PM
With Elder Scrolls Online, I don't know how it is going to pan out, but I am excited to give it a go and see how it does pan out. That is one of the things Skyrim missed, for me, the online capability and I wonder if this game fills that void in its own way!

With Bioshock Infinite, I will pick it up at some point, but I am not going to rush out and get it. I don't know why, but I am just not that excited for it.
There is a lot of hype surrounding Elder Scrolls Online, and there should be, the worry is that it might upset. I really hope it doesn't because I know me and many others are looking forward to this. Elder Scrolls games are normally very detailed, however, and are made very well so there is a good chance that the developers have it all in store for us.

Likewise about Bioshock, it's not a game for me that's an instant purchase, something that I might hesitate buying or regretting. It will look good on shelf either way...

Team Fail
January 2nd, 2013, 07:09 PM
Well, besides any new Pokémon releases, Anarchy Reigns comes out next week, if memory serves. If I can't get it on the Xbox Marketplace, I'll have to wait until I can get my 360 fixed. Other than that, there aren't any games I know of yet that I want to see. Although with the recent release of FFIV on iOS devices, and their poking at porting FFV "and more...", hopefully they'll have something on the DS as well.

Pinkie-Dawn
January 4th, 2013, 10:03 AM
I am anticipated for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Pikmin 3, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Deadpool the Video Game, and GTA V.

Blue
January 4th, 2013, 10:17 AM
SimCity & Sims 3 University Life so far.

Alli
January 4th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Ready for Pikmin 3! ...After I beat Pikmin 2 of course. :) That's really all I can think of though, haha. Nothing else I've seen coming out really has my interest.

TwilightBlade
January 4th, 2013, 10:34 AM
The Last of Us is the only game I am considering purchasing this year. I've been following Naughty Dog since Crash Bandicoot, so I know they're gonna release a fantastic game.

There is also supposed to be a Sonic 2013 game, but if it's for WiiU, I won't get it.

Spinosaurus
January 4th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Quite a lot compared to 2012.

-Last of Us
-Pikmin 3
-Luigi's Mansion 2
-Game & Wario
-Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
-Fire Emblem: Awakening
-MLB 13: The Show

Not day one, of course.

BeausaHD
January 5th, 2013, 07:55 PM
For me it would be Dark Souls 2 (I think its out this year), Halo 5, The Next COD, GTA5.

Spartacus
January 6th, 2013, 12:22 PM
The Next COD.
Yes, yes, yes! And what makes it better is that it should be the next Modern Warfare. The Modern Warfare series are my favorite campaigns and multiplayers out of all of them; especially Modern Warfare 2. Although Modern Warfare 3 was a slight let down, they will definitely be improving the game and whatnot. The biggest thing I love about Modern Warfare is definitely the campaign, that's where all of the best CoD characters come in: Reznov, Soap, Shephard, Nikolai, an endless list of names and they all originate from MW. The missions have always been the best, most action-packed and most interesting. This is the FPS I am waiting for.

I would also like to add that Bioshock Infinite looks like it will be an amazing game after the long advert I saw at the cinema. The setting of the game looks brilliant, not to mention all the blowing up and guns that were showcased throughout; I think that is one of the best adverts I have seen for a game, and I have never touched a Bioshock game before, and now I am really anticipating it!

2013 will be an amazing year for gaming!

thedestinedblade
January 6th, 2013, 03:36 PM
FE: Awakening
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Bravely Default
Tales of Xillia

That's about it for now. Hopefully Bravely Default is confirmed for localization soon.

Honest
January 6th, 2013, 03:43 PM
For me:

DmC: Devil May Cry - The reboot looks amazing, the demo's a lot of fun, and it deserves a chance, despite what the haters say

Dead Space 3 - Survival Horror is my thing, so this game is gonna be on my list for sure. I don't know how smart the co-op function was, but co-op for Resident Evil was a huge success. I think the same's possible for DS3. Also, if I'm right, the campaign mode is playable solo.

Deadpool - This effin' madman is hilarious. Really looking forward to this game, Deadpool is awesome.

GTA V - Having only played Vice City, I'm really hyped for this game. Mainly cause I'm finally 17 and my mother wont be breathing down my neck as much.

Amnesia: Bay of Pigs - I'm not a PC gamer, and never played a PC game before, not even the original Amnesia. But after reading the article in Game Informer, this thing looks SCARY. And I like scary. So I might try it out.

ZetaZaku
January 7th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage 2, Tomb Raider, The Elder Scrolls Online, Saints Row 4, Dead Island Riptide. Since I tasted Shin Hokuto Musou, I really look forward to the European version.

stiles
January 7th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Definitely GTA V. Otherwise not much, I'm hoping for something New in the Mass Effect series but that might be farther off than I expect.

jgalvan100
January 7th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Metal Gear Rising, GTA V, the next Pokemon game, and possibly Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes if its released this year. Oh and the Dragon Quest 7 remake

hashtag
January 7th, 2013, 11:22 PM
The biggest thing I love about Modern Warfare is definitely the campaign, that's where all of the best CoD characters come in: Reznov, Soap, Shephard, Nikolai, an endless list of names and they all originate from MW. Reznov is from the Treyarch series of games though, not the Modern Warfare's :P. (I'm 99% sure that the next CoD won't be MW anyway...)

There is no need to say anything more than GTA V, it's going to be amazing. (Plus I won't have to get my Dad to buy me it this year :))

Spartacus
January 7th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Reznov is from the Treyarch series of games though, not the Modern Warfare's :P. (I'm 99% sure that the next CoD won't be MW anyway...)

There is no need to say anything more than GTA V, it's going to be amazing. (Plus I won't have to get my Dad to buy me it this year :))
Gahh, I always get characters mixed up, I meant Makarov :P

Grand Theft Auto V is going to be superb. I've played all the other GTAs and have enjoyed blowing things up and just messing around, flying stuff and whatnot. GTA IV was definitely, for me, the best GTA out there at the timer and I think that V will be the best.

Taro Tanaka
January 8th, 2013, 02:36 AM
There're are only two games I'm looking forward to. For one, Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Been a long-time fan of the series, and I hope to get it. the other is Half-Life 2: Episode Three. You know, unless it gets delayed for one more year. And that's about it.

Alinthea
January 8th, 2013, 02:52 AM
I am not excited for the next COD game, because I lost interest on Black Ops, because I was just bored of the same old, imo. :(

The more I think about it, the more excited I am for Sim City. Just watching the trailer a while back and again recently, it is just exciting.

Kotowari
January 8th, 2013, 04:14 AM
The whole reason I wanted a 3DS is Fire Emblem 13, so definitally that one.
And of course Pokémon X and Y. :'D

Renpuu
January 8th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y will be the biggest release on 2013

Now close this thread

I'm looking foward to Dead Space 3 too !

shubshub
January 8th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Yup for sure Pokemon X and Y will be Highly Anticipated

I'll be getting Pokemon Y

Spartacus
January 8th, 2013, 03:16 PM
With the Pokemon X and Y announcement, there is no doubt everyone here (on a Pokemon forum) will be anticipating it. What's more is that it will now be 3D, causing more hype, more anticipation; plenty of predictions are being made. The game is released in October, my mind will be put off that by the other amazing games being released earlier this year :3

JayD
January 8th, 2013, 05:25 PM
I was always stalking through this thread to see what's anyone's most anticipated game of 2013 but I didn't post because none appealed much to me, but I can finally post here. And I'm pretty sure everyone knows what it is xD

Let's go Pokemon Y and X :D

dontstay96
January 10th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Pokemon X and Y, Watch Dogs, Beyond: Two Souls and the most anticipated: Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time.

Spartacus
January 11th, 2013, 11:20 AM
I've just been looking at releases this year, and these 2 games caught my eye; Gears of War: Judgement and Devil May Cry. Well, I had heard about DmC prior to seeing the list and it looks like a really neat game. Gears of War has done really well so far; and by the name 'Judgement', I really am expecting something spectacular. :3

Device-Sasuke
January 12th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Definitely Pokemon X and Y. Also maybe Saint's Row 4.

awolfsquared
January 13th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Pokemon X and Y ,and maybe some other games in the future.

darkpokeball
January 13th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Animal Crossing 3DS
(never played animal crossing, heard good things. Plan to get a start with this one...)
Deadpool the Game
(Deadpool's so freaking hilarious and awesome!)
Pokemon X and Y
(Pokemon? Amazing. 3D? Fantastic. Pokemon 3D? Been there done that, *stares at old copy of Pokemon Colosseum*...New generation with tons of new official pokemon?! HOLY CHOCOLATE, PERFECT! So...New gen + Pokemon + 3D = Amazingly fantastic with holy chocolate to back it up.)

Sweets Witch
January 13th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Pokemon X and Y, of course. I'm leaning a bit towards X.

Other than that...
>Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
>Deadpool
>Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
>Grand Theft Auto V

Playful_Weasel
January 13th, 2013, 10:29 PM
First off I can't wait for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!! I wish that time would hurry up and be October already,

I'm also waiting for GTA V to be relased, and I also want to try Sim City 5.

Arc
January 13th, 2013, 10:39 PM
First thing to come to mind is obviously Pokemon X and Y, like come on that's a given. But I'm incredibly stoked for Fire Emblem: Awakening, I'm a huge Fire Emblem fan. Also stoked for Tales of Xillia, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, and a few other games.

dcjboi
January 14th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Fallout 4
Deadpool The Game
Pokemon X/Y
The new Mystery Dungeon
GTAV
The next Persona installment
Watch Dogs

So far little to no info on those last two and the first :(

Aura Vitae
January 14th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Pokemon X and Y- I think the 3DS is capable of better graphics than the trailer shows us but it is a step up for main series Pokemon games.

Tales of Xillia- What Tales fan wouldn't buy a Tales game that gets localized.

I wish Tales of Vesperia PS3 would get localized but I doubt it will happen since we already have tales of Vesperia for the 360 especially where Xillia is coming this year.

DmC- The Devil May Cry reboot looks nice.

Renpuu
January 14th, 2013, 10:15 AM
One of my friends recently bought the new Devil May Cry game and he really enjoys it ! So I would recommend it to you Roen52 !

Aeon
January 14th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Animal Crossing: New Leaf above all... probably my all-time favorite franchise and I'm for once sure it will be worth the nearly three year wait.
Pikmin 3
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (though I don't have many expectations.)
Woodcutter Simulator 2013
Touhou 13.5
Possibly a Wii U/3DS Smash Bros. announcement... please Nintendo?
And of course, Pokemon X and Y

razzbat
January 15th, 2013, 11:04 PM
in no specific order:
Beyond: two souls (still have yet to play heavy rain but this is looking more my kind of thing with supernatural forces)
Castlevania lords of shadow 2 (hnnng! absolutely loved the first game, and so far this is looking like its going to live up to its predecessor)
Castlevania lords of shadow Mirror of Fate (its been awhile since the last 2d castlevania game, should be awesome)
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 (if they have a western release)
injustice (currently the only fighting game that looks interesting this year)
bioshock infinite (I'm not a huge fan of fps games but this looks absolutely mind blowing)
tomb raider (3d open world game similar to metroidvania with uncharted style dynamic scenes? hells to the yeah!)
pikmin 3 (still have yet to get a wii u though...)
The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 - Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie - Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa (...well thats probably the longest title i've ever seen to a game. anyway it's a sequel to the cult rpg indie game Barkley shut up and jam gaiden which I loved and am really looking forward to see how the story leads into this game)
and of course pokemon xy, in which i am loving everything about it so far :D

twocows
January 17th, 2013, 04:42 PM
I can't think of much. Pokemon X and Y. I'll probably get SC2: HotS for the campaign; I liked what they did with WoL's campaign even if I didn't like the multiplayer and the story pissed me off in a few places. GTA V might be cool, we'll see.

The DmC reboot pisses me off because it seems to imply there won't ever be another game in the old style. Crapcom can go die in a fire if that's the case.

Update: the new Monolith game and the SMT/FE crossover game look neat. So does the Yoshi yarn game.

Spartacus
January 22nd, 2013, 12:59 PM
Company of Heroes 2 is a game I have been looking at for a while, another THQ game that looks promising. Also, Metro: Last Light. Metro 2033 was one of the best games I have ever played. And a sequel? I couldn't ask for much more.

Alli
January 23rd, 2013, 02:27 PM
BACK TO ADD MORE. Obviously Pokemon X and Y. And now Yoshi Wii U omg. ;-; I love Yoshi so this game is enough to pull me over into wanting a Wii U asap. -sob- I'll probably have to wait for my birthday or Christmas, but oh well. I'm used to waiting a long time for new consoles. Got my Wii at the dawn of 2009, I believe. Or was it 2010? Ah well. Point is I waited a long time and have no qualms about doing it again.

Pinkie-Dawn
January 23rd, 2013, 08:32 PM
To expand my list: Pokemon XY, Yoshi's Yarn, and Wind Waker Reborn.

pokemanmdj
January 23rd, 2013, 09:26 PM
Hm, I have a couple...
-Pokemon X Y
-Fire Emblem Awakening
-Pikmin 3
-What I'm going to call Persona 5
-Animal Crossing: NL
-We need another Metriod game, Nintendo
-Tales of Xillia

...I have a couple of others, like GTA V, but this will have to do.
Man, 2013's going to be a fun year.

Spartacus
January 23rd, 2013, 11:13 PM
Yes, my mind of anticipation was pleasantly awakened by the announcement of Yoshi's Epic Yarn (YOSHI YES!) and Wind Waker. 2013 is beautiful.

RedJ
January 26th, 2013, 08:21 PM
-Fire Emblem Awakening
-Dragon Quest VII 3DS (come on Square/Nintendo, you know you want to localize it)
-Kingdom Hearts: HD 1.5 ReMIX
-Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
-Tales of Xillia
-Shin Megami Tensei IV (assuming it gets over here this year)
-Pokemon X and Y
-Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
-Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
-Elder Scrolls Online, although the combination of my computer likely not being able to run it and the high probability of it being pay to play means I wont actually be playing it >_>
-Dragon Age III, assuming it actually happens this year

SnowpointQuincy
January 26th, 2013, 10:06 PM
GameStop and Amazon ran out of pre-orders for Fire Emblem. So... I think that counts as anticipated. Never heard of this happening before.

I bought mine an Amazon today... so my copy might be delayed untill the next batch of games comes in.

I'm not comfortable with buying Retail Games on Virtual Console yet.

Also, Luigi's Masion: Dark Moon. Monster Hunter Ultimate 3DS are on my list.

Evil Stud Muffin
January 27th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Luigi's Mansion 2, and Windwaker HD. I guess if Super Mario U does come out this year I'm hyped for that as well and hopefuly Zelda 3DS as well. Nintendo's going to be on fire this year.

Gyardosamped
January 27th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Gahhhh, I can't wait for Pikmin 3 for the Wii U! I think it's coming out this year actually (2013).

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/14/Pikmin_3_Logo.png

Evil Stud Muffin
January 27th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Gahhhh, I can't wait for Pikmin 3 for the Wii U! I think it's coming out this year actually (2013).

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/14/Pikmin_3_Logo.png
Its this year, but they delayed it iirc to Q2 instead of the upcoming months(march-may).

Zet
January 27th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Ni no Kuni: White Witch seems like a most anticipated game for 2013. Ever since the collector's edition sold out, people are re-selling them for $300+.

As for me, hopefully Witcher 3, JJBA: All Star Battle Royale, and Killer is Dead.

Caelus
January 28th, 2013, 03:27 PM
I'm looking forward to Grand Theft Auto V and Gears of War:Judgement the most. I've played San Andreas and IV and I really enjoy the series and I recently got into Gears of War so once I finish the first three games I'll get Judgement.

Arx
January 28th, 2013, 03:36 PM
I am mainly waiting for GTA V, God of War : Ascension and Pokemon X/Y.

machomuu
January 28th, 2013, 03:38 PM
The new Xenogame and the ShinMegaTen X Fire Emblem games really caught my attention, and hopefully the next Ace Attorney game will be out this year.

Oh, and then there's Monster Hunter 4, which I'm definitely excited for, as well as Soul Hackers and Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. Those are just off of the top of my head.

Cilerba
January 28th, 2013, 07:42 PM
All I care about right now is Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Mochi
January 28th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Ni no Kuni came out last week so now it's a matter of getting the cash to buy it!

The only other games coming out later this year that I'm really excited for are The Last of Us, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and Pokemon X and Y.

Brendino
February 1st, 2013, 07:27 PM
Been anticipating GTA V since it was first announced (as I said earlier in the thread), so I'm pretty bummed that it won't be released until mid-September now. And with the only other two releases that I care about (Pokemon X/Y and NHL) not slated to come out until October, hopefully something else wows me before then, or I'll be sitting here waiting for quite a while.