PDA

View Full Version : Hello There =)

KantoSwag
January 1st, 2013, 06:08 PM
Hello there Pokemon fans, I was once a member before a while back but didn't have much to say. Now 2013 has come around and I'm shining out my shell as a new person. I hope to meet many new people on this thread and possibly get a few battles as well. I'm not very good at hacking (yet) but I'm studying code so one day I can make my dream Pokemon hack!

Happy January 1st guys! :classic:

Antemortem
January 1st, 2013, 06:26 PM
Hey, KantoSwag! Loving the username, by the way~

So you're into battling, huh? The Battle Center (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=234) is a great place to start if you're a fan of it, because you can discuss the metagame and find other people to play with, or, if you're not exactly the best competitive or even casual player, you can get some advice from other seasoned players that frequent that section! There are plenty of them, especially PlatinumDude, so that should not be an issue whatsoever. :]

As for hacking, I feel like you might have already sniffed out the Emulation forum, am I right? ;) The Emulation (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156) forum, as you may have already witnessed, has many subforums, one of which is the Toolbox forum. That place is filled to the brim with tools and resources for you to mooch off of as to put the last pieces of your hack, whatever those may be, together! There are so many people involved with that forum that you just can't go wrong, I promise.

Anyway, welcome to PC, once again, and please do enjoy your stay, ya hear?

KantoSwag
January 1st, 2013, 06:40 PM
Thanks bro, warms my heart to have such a cool welcoming

Hikamaru
January 1st, 2013, 06:53 PM
Hello there Pokemon fans, I was once a member before a while back but didn't have much to say. Now 2013 has come around and I'm shining out my shell as a new person. I hope to meet many new people on this thread and possibly get a few battles as well. I'm not very good at hacking (yet) but I'm studying code so one day I can make my dream Pokemon hack!

Happy January 1st guys! :classic:

Hi KantoSwag, welcome back I guess?

And yeah, we are still one of the best places for hackers, in the Emulation section of the forum where you'll find script help, tutorials, team discussions, and everything hack-related. We also have the Battle Center for all battling purposes, there's also a link to our Battle Server hosted by Pokemon Showdown so go and check it out if you can!

The staff and members here are very helpful, so you definitely won't get lost. You can adopt a mentor in the PC Adoption Center, located here in NU/W among the sticky threads. I can't help with hacks, but I'm happy to answer any questions you have about PC in general. Just send me a VM!

- Hikari10

Sheep
January 1st, 2013, 07:02 PM
Heey KantoSwag (your username gave me a good chuckle I'll admit, it's pretty funny) and welcome back to PC! :D

Glad you made the choice to become active around here; it's worth it. A big forum means there's lots to do, and battles are really no exception since we have a lot of people interested in 'em. Pretty much everything battle-related, competitive or not, goes into the Battle Center, so you can discuss battles and get your ingame as well as competitive teams rated. I should honestly post around there more since I've been getting more interested in battling, but laziness certainly prevails in this case. xD; Do you battle through WiFi or on Pokemon Online/Showdown?

And anything ROM-hacking related goes in the Emulation section, as Antemortem already said! There are plenty of resources for the aspiring hacker over there so hopefully you find what you're looking for and it helps you out. Just be prepared to be patient if you'd like to learn to make a hack, since it's pretty time-consuming and all. I personally have never tried to make a game before but am friends with a few that have tried it.. they all say it's more simple down the road but starts off a bit rough. You can do it, though! Would feel awesome to create and publish your own hack here and perhaps you can get good enough to help other newbie hackers in the future.

Hope you had a good new year and happy January first to you, too! See you around and enjoy your stay! :3

KantoSwag
January 1st, 2013, 07:54 PM
Heey KantoSwag (your username gave me a good chuckle I'll admit, it's pretty funny) and welcome back to PC! :D

Glad you made the choice to become active around here; it's worth it. A big forum means there's lots to do, and battles are really no exception since we have a lot of people interested in 'em. Pretty much everything battle-related, competitive or not, goes into the Battle Center, so you can discuss battles and get your ingame as well as competitive teams rated. I should honestly post around there more since I've been getting more interested in battling, but laziness certainly prevails in this case. xD; Do you battle through WiFi or on Pokemon Online/Showdown?

And anything ROM-hacking related goes in the Emulation section, as Antemortem already said! There are plenty of resources for the aspiring hacker over there so hopefully you find what you're looking for and it helps you out. Just be prepared to be patient if you'd like to learn to make a hack, since it's pretty time-consuming and all. I personally have never tried to make a game before but am friends with a few that have tried it.. they all say it's more simple down the road but starts off a bit rough. You can do it, though! Would feel awesome to create and publish your own hack here and perhaps you can get good enough to help other newbie hackers in the future.

Hope you had a good new year and happy January first to you, too! See you around and enjoy your stay! :3

Hope it was a good chuckle, haha it was just off the top of my head. Thanks for the much informed info, I'll be using this site as best as I can =)