PDA

View Full Version : Borderlands - This ain't no place for no hero

Lilith
January 4th, 2013, 12:06 PM
BORDERLANDS Heyoo!Discuss everything about this awesome series here. Share your character builds, weapons and loot, advice on how to solo colossal enemies or pesky creatures, story/mission progress and thoughts, excitement for future DLC, etc.

Please provide which games on which consoles you have so I may add them to this list. However, you must handle all online meet-ups though PM or VM.

Have fun; kill some psycho midgets and smile while doing so!

List of GamersBorderlands 1
PC
chuckleslucifer
tabor62

PS3
AlexOzzyCake
Sukisu
TwilightBlade

Xbox360
clay10mc
DjentlemanJoe
NecrumWarrior
tabor62

Borderlands 2
PC
AlexOzzyCake
Archer
chuckleslucifer
Ckbruin
Razor Leaf
RxErick
TwilightBlade
Zissou

PS3
AlexOzzyCake
Iloveeevee
Miss Doronjo
ShadowExcadrill
Slash Beast ∞
Sukisu
TwilightBlade

Xbox360
Aurora.
clay10mc
NecrumWarrior

Major Ziggs
January 4th, 2013, 12:13 PM
BORDERLANDSSSSS! I'm on Steam and PS3 with Borderlands 2 and just PS3 with Borderlands 1, name on all of them is AlexOzzyCake. c:

I utterly adore this series because it's a FPS that I can actually play with an incredible story and really cool characters. The unique skill trees, 'bazillions' of guns and countless class mods that you can access in Borderlands make it a truly special game in just how large it actually is. It's a series that I've never gotten bored of despite playing it for years on end and it keeps on bringing one great surprise after another. Once I heard about Borderlands 2 coming out, initially my reaction was "How can they possibly have more to add to this game?" so honestly I was expecting it to be pretty rubbish, but once it came out... just wow. I've barely been able to put it down since! And all the Easter Eggs they add in are amazing too and getting to beat Blade at it and just everything about the series makes it truly outstanding compared to other games of its kind. The only part that let me down is the lack of a male siren, how cute would that be? ;;

Sage Ghetsis
January 4th, 2013, 12:19 PM
I can play BL 1 & 2 on Xbox 360. Awesome series of games, seriously! I love the humor (it's at pretty much the same level as the Portal series) and the gameplay is off the charts! My favorite character is Salvador. He's short, but he'll #%&@ you up man.

tabor62
January 4th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Contrary to almost everyone here I have the first one for Xbox360 :P Then again I don't have Gold, at least, not yet.

I find adding rpg elements to games make it more interesting. Which makes this the only FPS series I'll pretty much ever own. Unless someone else comes out with something similar that isn't pretty much a clone. I think the names given to the guns and their abilities make it pretty fun to go through, that and I get to snipe people's heads off while leveling up.

Favorite Character: Mordecai
Favorite Weapon: Reaver's Edge, has one of the best scopes ever.

clay10mc
January 4th, 2013, 12:26 PM
My love for this series started when I played the first one at my friends house fr the first time. He'd had it for awhile and I was instantly better at it than him, which is always a turn on. I love being good at great games (#NotDarkSouls).

While I play both on XBox 360, I don't play online because: 1- I let my Live account end and haven't payed yet. And 2- I just don't like playing online. But if I ever do decide to get back on Live, I'll be monkeycorn129.

Anyway, I love this series because it adds the aspect of humor that most if not all FPS's are missing. Also, I'm downright horrible at FPS's, except this series is very noob friendly. It takes away the ragequits that would be happening if it was a typical shooter. The character building aspect is very interesting because there are many possibilities for your play style. This series has the most graphic appeal to me. It's not too goofy as to where it is like a child's game (I assure you, it isn't), yet not too gorey and bloody as to where it makes you sick and gives you nightmares.

All in all, this is a great franchise and it should expand until there is no room to expand further. #I LOVE ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Razor Leaf
January 4th, 2013, 01:04 PM
YES BLADE

Anyway, I absolutely love Borderlands 2! I've not actually got my hands on the first one yet but wahhhh I don't think I'll ever get a chance given how much I love this one! Currently got two characters going at once and loving them both (Maya and Zero, for anyone interested). Echoing everyone else in that I think what makes it so good is how well it does the whole FPS/RPG crossover thingy... something I've not seen pulled off well in many games until now. And also the graphics omfg - I don't usually care how 'good' the graphics are but they're just done so beautifully and in general with so much style in BL2 that I couldn't help but love them. Not enjoyed the appearance of a game so much since Wind Waker. Good times. <3

PC, by the way!

edit: ohh, here's something to spark up discussion! Check out what I just randomly found the other day:

http://i.imgur.com/stXS4.png

boom, baby. My only other Legendary is the HellFire which Scorch dropped for me. It's like, level 8, and my level 12 Siren is using it beautifully right now. Sooooo overpowered.

Lilith
January 4th, 2013, 06:29 PM
@Ozzy: I too love how Borderlands is a FPS with RPG elements, since I am not terribly good at shooters myself. Borderlands’s level system helps me out since I can grind my way until I can topple a boss, but I'm also provided a challenge when my level matches the enemy's levels. Unique skill trees and class mods are fantastic in use too. I depend a lot on Maya’s phaselock to stop annoying surveyor bots flying around me while healing the team with my Nurse mod and Harmony tree, for starters. I really miss playing as my Siren, which is my main character, at level 37.

I picked up Borderlands around the summertime (as per your suggestion, many thanks!). My mind was completely blown when Gearbox announced the sequel. I didn't have to wait the unbearable wait for a sequel like anyone who picked up BL1 on launch day. :D; Initially, I thought Gearbox made too many changes to the layout of the backpack and generation of loot, but I have come to accept and appreciate it all. Borderlands 2 is truly a game where I laugh at some funny lines every time and have a blast with friends. I dunno what you mean about you beating me. You do seem to push/drive me off the cliff a lot though, bb! Not sure about male siren, kiddo. :P

@Necrum: Gotta love the humor! I must admit, Salvador was my least favorite character in the beginning. I don’t quite like being in the opponent’s face, punching things or gunzerking things. It wasn’t my play style. I prefer keeping a medium distance from enemies. Then, I actually cleared the story with Salvador and I admit he is loads of fun. I have a class mod and relic that cuts the cooldown time, so I found myself gunzerking nearly ALL the time. Ammo is not an issue since he generates that. He is a good character overall!

@Tabor: The first game has its own charm, don’t worry! Haha, this is likely the only FPS series I will keep replaying after beating the story. The gun names and the adjectives are also very fun to read through if I had a decent collection to read through. I seem to hoard SMGs so much. Although I find sniper rifles to be so much fun, since one basically picks off enemies while safe from the danger, I’m not familiar with the Reaver’s Edge. I’ll have to check that out, thanks!

@Clay: I love being good at great games too since that rarely happens for me! Borderlands is fine to play as solo. You definitely have to be creative in fighting some of the huge post-game bosses by yourself. Being able to pause all of the action by bringing up your backpack is always nice, though!

The graphics are often not appreciated (at least, what I have read around suggested those sentiments). I like the graphics just fine. The graphics are not too cartoonish, but not too realistic. I get kinda scared when I play COD since I feel like I’m in the exploding helicopter or something, lmao.

I REALLY want to see a Borderlands 3. I can’t imagine what kind of classes Gearbox will add (or they can add them as DLC soon, fingers crossed). I really want to see an Eridian class… Or Gearbox can reveal Zero’s identity! You know you wanna see what’s under the mask. :] I just love Zero’s haikus and lines too, haha.

@Razor Leaf: YESSSSS also yay more love for Maya! I just love how varied the areas are in BL2 – iced over areas, jungles/highlands, volcano, city, that annoying caustic place with a buttload of varkid… The team massively improved the scenery from BL1. So you managed to not play the first one yet, huh… You can go without playing the first one for sure , but the story writers really wrapped up a lot of things from the first one. The fall of Atlas and the opening of the first vault led to the rise of Hyperion and the mass-colonization efforts.

Dude! Nice legendary shield. I picked up one legendary in my playthroughs so far, the Badaboom. This rocket launcher fires 6 rockets at the cost of 1 ammo. Pretty epic, right? Sadly, my Siren has outgrown that gun. I did receive a HellFire and Conference Call from a nice person, but I cannot use those guns until my Siren is level 50. What would I give for a level 8 legendary weapon, haha!

I gotta get to level 50... I stopped around Sanctuary on TVHM with Maya. I love getting guns from Michael Mamaril. I play the slots often too. I think I bum around Sanctuary wayyy too much. Hmm I guess getting to level 50 soon since Razor cannot be ahead of ME gives me something to do, but I love hearing what everyone else has to say too.

Olli
January 4th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Count me in! I've got both Borderlands and Borderlands 2 for the PS3, and play on PSN as Orimasuta.

So, despite how much I dislike FPS games, because I'm horrible at them and die and ragequit, I've really found the Borderlands games to be quite enjoyable, as I can still manage to have a great time playing, even though I'm utterly hopeless when it comes to aiming. The whole RPG aspect was a great idea, and while I mainly enjoy those type of genres in games like Pokemon since I feel like they fit more in there, it isn't at all hard to manage and really adds a lot to the game. There are loads of memorable characters and quotes, and they're some of the most hilarious games I've ever played.

Now, I ordered Borderlands in early August last year, after being told how great a game it was. It took much consideration, since my experiences with FPS games hadn't been all that great. I waited about 2 weeks before finally getting an email back, that there were no more Borderlands games in stock. Found another site, ordered it, and got it the following day, so I was at the end of my summer break before I finally got to play it. I was far from disappointed though, and got to play it in the few days I had left of the summer break, however once it ended, I didn't get to play it that much, and kinda stopped completely. Got Borderlands 2 this Christmas as well though.

But yeah, despite having owned the first game for over half a year, I didn't really get that far at all, and the same for BL2, so still lots of the games that I haven't experienced yet, but alas, as mentioned, when it comes to aiming, I can't hit the broadside of a barn, so I'm usually more for playing with friends online, which makes everything a little harder as well xD So I hope this gives me an opportunity to get to play more and with more people :D

Sukisu
January 4th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Finally a borderlands thread :D I play on PS3 with BL2 mostly but I sometimes play BL when I have it downloaded to my system. I play as the Assassin with in BL as Mordecai and BL2 as Zer0 in their games respectively most of the times. And this is just awesome that this is here now. I love it when Zer0 says the perfect lines depending on his kills. I hope to very active in this as much as I can. Soooooooo anyone up for a tea party. ;)

Razor Leaf
January 5th, 2013, 04:03 AM
@Razor Leaf: YESSSSS also yay more love for Maya! I just love how varied the areas are in BL2 – iced over areas, jungles/highlands, volcano, city, that annoying caustic place with a buttload of varkid… The team massively improved the scenery from BL1. So you managed to not play the first one yet, huh… You can go without playing the first one for sure , but the story writers really wrapped up a lot of things from the first one. The fall of Atlas and the opening of the first vault led to the rise of Hyperion and the mass-colonization efforts.

Ohhhh,really? Well I'll give it a shot then! Generally I don't tend to do too well moving backwards in game series because I miss features of the newer versions but still! I do actually have Borderlands in my Steam library so I was gonna play it anyway, just not got it downloaded yet.

I picked up one legendary in my playthroughs so far, the Badaboom. This rocket launcher fires 6 rockets at the cost of 1 ammo. Pretty epic, right?

@_________@

That's... insanity. Where did you find it? Did you farm for it or just randomly loot it?

I gotta get to level 50... I stopped around Sanctuary on TVHM with Maya. I love getting guns from Michael Mamaril. I play the slots often too. I think I bum around Sanctuary wayyy too much. Hmm I guess getting to level 50 soon since Razor cannot be ahead of ME gives me something to do, but I love hearing what everyone else has to say too.

Heh, only after reading this did I actually think to find out who this Michael Mamaril was and omfg where have you been all my life. I'll definitely be spending hours farming him later today.

Major Ziggs
January 5th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Dude! Nice legendary shield. I picked up one legendary in my playthroughs so far, the Badaboom. This rocket launcher fires 6 rockets at the cost of 1 ammo. Pretty epic, right?
You would've had a second if I didn't steal it first. ;)

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121026011205/borderlands/images/thumb/3/3c/Fry_gunnerang.jpg/1000px-Fry_gunnerang.jpg
Me and Blade found this beauty whilst nubbing around in The Fridge killing the Easter Egg boss there but I swooped it up before she had a chance to. As far as legendary weapons go it's not exceptional as the only extra effect it brings is that the "explodes when reloaded" trait comes with homing abilities and returns to you, but it's still pretty exciting to find one. The version I received was corrosive and had a level in the early 20s so it wasn't great for the time in the game but I used in nonetheless. The only other legendary weapon I've received was a drop from Knuckle Dragger whilst playing with Olli for the first time which once again I swooped up before he had the chance, and this gun was The Hornet.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120928024018/borderlands/images/thumb/a/a3/Dahl_Hornet.jpg/1000px-Dahl_Hornet.jpg
The weapon is always corrosive with the legendary effect of firing either 5-, 10- or 15-round burst fire whilst zoomed (the Wiki lists it slightly differently but this is what I've found whilst using it) and it's generally just a really powerful gun. It was level 1 when I received it and therefore it's probably one of the worst versions you could get, but my character is now level 8 and still using it as a perfectly viable weapon so that goes to show it's a damn good gun for the stage that you can find it. I'm really hoping to find some more legendary weapons based on how interesting the ones I've already found are but I'm too lazy to farm them so fingers crossed for random drops!

Lilith
January 11th, 2013, 03:54 PM
@Razor: BL1 has some charm of its own too, hmm! In BL1, you can have a backpack of like up to 60+! That is, if you read guides and plan to pick up the backpack upgrades in certain areas/missions in advance. I found my legendary rocket launcher in a dark place... The wiki says a rare mini-boss named King Mong (huge bullymong) in Eridium Blight has a slight chance of dropping Badaboom. That makes sense. Eridium Blight is dark and scary. :(

Anyway, I found a new legendary weapon today omg! Thanks for Ozzy + his farming method in helping me get this gun. I got a Scalable Conference Call, level 30. :3 It has increased magazine and it's slagged. I can't believe I got a CC. I'm excited, although I don't particularly ever use slag. I would much prefer new/strong corrosive weapons for those pesky robots...

Razor Leaf
January 13th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Oh, I've dealt with King Mong a few times before in a vehicle but he dropped nothing of interest. ):

And that Conference Call is awesome, although I never use slagged weapons now because Phaselock automatically slags them for me! How are you liking it? Who did you have to farm for it and what was Ozzy's technique?!

HOWEVER! I've made some progress with legendaries. On a whim, while I was in the area, I decided to go fight the two hunter people (or something haha) out in The Dust near the area with all the spiderants and just happened to get really lucky - one of them dropped this absolute beauty (http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Veruc)! At first I was a bit shaky with it given its pretty rapid ammo consumption, but using it for a while oh god it is absolutely lethal. Just mows down huge lines of enemies in seconds with its burst fire. And on top of that, I beat The Warrior in my Siren playthrough and he immediately dropped this shotgun (http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Flakker)! Unfortunately I don't like it very much. It consumes ammo heavily, has a set attack range, and honestly due to how extremely wide its spread is, does very little damage to targets that don't die to a single shot usually. I expected it to have a really high fire rate to make up for these downfalls but... it doesn't. Indeed, it's got one of the lower rates I've ever used - and you're unable to sprint or in general get away from attacks during preparation for the next shot. It's good with large numbers of Rakk or Midgets but... so are most weapons in my experience. So for me it's much too of a niche weapon, if that, to be really useful for keeping on me. I put it in the Bank for safekeeping though because I was really surprised that I managed to get it to drop so easily!

Anyway, I've been making progress as I said. Just finished killing Flynt (who I always, and still do, find to be pretty overpowered - it took a fair few Phaselocks and a good amount of work from the Veruc, which is still absolutely shining despite being somewhat under levelled, to get through him) and I'm on my way to Sanctuary. I worked hard in my first playthough to get to a decent level and I believe I'm 36 now, so the plan is to get through TVHM as soon as possible so I can start getting level 50 unique items and legendaries from scaled missions and bosses as well as getting some friends together to take on the Raid Bosses. Since I FREAKING HATE THRESHERS, Terramorphous is first on my list. ;]

Fenrir Reki
January 13th, 2013, 10:28 PM
I play Borderlands 1 and 2 on the PS3. I have started playing Borderlands 2 again, only because I just realized a few days ago that Torgue's Campaign was released two months ago, and Big Game Hunt will be available in two days.

Speaking of legendaries, I still find the drop rate of them by bosses to be extremely terrible, to the point where i'd prefer farming the treasure room in the Leviathan. (I have obtained a majority of my legendaries from those chests)

The Bee was my first legendary drop. The Blockhead was my second, then the longbow. My forth legendary (Breath of Terramorphus, his grenade, whatever it's called) was obtained in a treasure chest in the Caustic Caverns in TVHM, and my other ones were from the Leviathan chests.

My main character is a Maya, because her phaselock is very useful and I rarely see support based Maya characters in multiplayer. (My build allows me to solo well and be a great support with revive + phaselock healing, as well as have 2 second cooldown between phaselocks by using Legendary Siren + Purple Cooldown Relic)

Sadly enough, the only legendary gun I use is my Proactive B---h, (censored, but you can figure out what the gun is) mainly because of how many times it's saved my life when i'm down. As far as shotguns go, my purple shotgun is my most preferred over my legendaries because it actually deals an insane amount of damage for a rare shotgun, but has terrible accuracy. However, that's what is expected from a gun manufactured by Jakobs. Actually, three of my main guns are from Jakobs, my revolver which does 15k+ damage, my sniper which does 21k+ damage and has bonus 180% critical damage, and my shotgun I just mentioned. My other frequently used gun is a vladof slag machine pistol which has a very fast fire rate, (it shoots faster than any of my SMGs) good accuracy, recoil, and has a quick reload speed.

Major Ziggs
January 20th, 2013, 12:43 PM
And that Conference Call is awesome, although I never use slagged weapons now because Phaselock automatically slags them for me! How are you liking it? Who did you have to farm for it and what was Ozzy's technique?!

Once The Warrior has been killed his Volcanic Rakk things keep respawning so we just left Deathtrap killing them (he gains time for each kill if you get a certain skill so he only ran out after like 800 rakks then you send a new one out) getting us tonnes of exp and cool drops like the CC. I dunno if it'd work going back there after you beat the story, but it was pretty cool 'till we got bored haha. Ended up killing over 2.5k rakks it was ridiculous lol.

Lilith
January 27th, 2013, 10:52 AM
I got a new legendary weapon! I killed a chubby Varkid in Caustic Caverns and found the Bunny. It's a cute pink rocket launcher. Its special effect is that although a Tediore reload, its reload bounces around like a bunny.

@Razor Leaf: I'm currently level 45 with my Gunzerker and I am still using my slagged Conference Call. ^.^ I temporarily stopped using my Siren because she carries some 5 million cash (a random player traded me 60 million, most of it lost to the New-U station!). But yeah, I like my albeit underleveled CC still. I use it for its special effect rather than its raw damage; I slag the entire room so that my teammate can pick off enemies. CC shoots everywhere, lol. The Warrior (or the Rakks, not too sure) dropped it and I wasn't even working hard for it. B)

Very cool legendary weapons! I've done that mission in the Dust a few times, but I've found nothing. I'll pass my legendaries down to my lower level characters when I can't make good use of them anymore. I've been abusing the bank glitch to store infinite weapons; do you know about it?

I agree that Flynt is very powerful. When I am playing solo, I just accept death and attack him from the platform where the ammo vending machine is. I don't think I have any problems with other bosses. I struggled a bit with the Bunker on the first play through. I'm being bombarded and I had to run ;D from robots. I later realized that there are tons of hiding places. Sit and scope, really.

Plenty of creatures annoy me. I cannot stand threshers, especially the black hole versions that drag me into their spikes. Varkids are annoying too because they can easily overwhelm me if they transform into adult varkids. Don't get me started on Rakks - my brother plays really well, and even Rakks can divebomb him, sending him into Fight For Your Life mode.

@Reki: Yeah, the drops rates are astronomically low. I try to just play the game and come across random legendary weapons rather than do true farming (basically beat boss, check loot, reset if unsatisfied). I miss miss miss using Phaselock. It's very useful for separating big boys or just making Surveyors hold still. It was an absolute mess to tackle the Hyperion robot slaughter house in Ore Chasm without a Siren. I'm always looking for cool SMGs, so I can't wait to find my own B, haha.

@Ozzy: Yup! There was another way to infinitely kill the Rakk in the Warrior's room - use a weapon that does not consume ammo. I think it's either a Unique or a Legendary. The name escapes me. Just hold the fire button down and watch 'em drop! I find Gaige and her Deathtrap to be more simple to use for farming Rakks if one is willing to fork over the money.

I'm in no rush to try out the DLC, but if I had to rank them (from what I have read), the Torgue DLC is best, followed by Scarlett and then Hammerlock. I'm reading on the official forums that Hammerlock's DLC was a major letdown. It was overhyped and there aren't quite too many 'big hunt' adventures. The three DLC are too short, so I am waiting for price cuts... Maybe I'm cheap, who knows. Anyone else playing the DLC and/or Gaige?

Fenrir Reki
January 27th, 2013, 11:22 AM
@TwilightBlade

The Bunny is fun to use, although I don't have it. I never use Rocket Launchers anyways because of their low ammo count, even with Max upgrades.

I haven't tried Torgue's Campaign yet, but I have played through Captain Scarlett and Hammerlocks Big Game Hunt. From my experience, both DLCs were too plain, both in terms of storyline, location, and content. I mainly use Scarlett's DLC to farm the "Leviathan" treasure chests for legendaries, and that's about it. I haven't touched Hammerlock's DLC in a while, and when I do it's usually when i'm helping a friend with it.

I have a Gaige who I rarely use, only because she isn't my kind of character. Although I love seeing her Deathtrap absolutely destroy everything in it's path, especially with an Inflammable shield equipped.

Razor Leaf
January 28th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Once The Warrior has been killed his Volcanic Rakk things keep respawning so we just left Deathtrap killing them (he gains time for each kill if you get a certain skill so he only ran out after like 800 rakks then you send a new one out) getting us tonnes of exp and cool drops like the CC. I dunno if it'd work going back there after you beat the story, but it was pretty cool 'till we got bored haha. Ended up killing over 2.5k rakks it was ridiculous lol.

o lawdy. Well, when I've got the Mechromancer DLC, I'll be sure to grab that I imagine! For now tho I'll stick with my Siren and be all old-fashioned lol.

@Razor Leaf: I'm currently level 45 with my Gunzerker and I am still using my slagged Conference Call. ^.^ I temporarily stopped using my Siren because she carries some 5 million cash (a random player traded me 60 million, most of it lost to the New-U station!). But yeah, I like my albeit underleveled CC still. I use it for its special effect rather than its raw damage; I slag the entire room so that my teammate can pick off enemies. CC shoots everywhere, lol. The Warrior (or the Rakks, not too sure) dropped it and I wasn't even working hard for it. B)

Very cool legendary weapons! I've done that mission in the Dust a few times, but I've found nothing. I'll pass my legendaries down to my lower level characters when I can't make good use of them anymore. I've been abusing the bank glitch to store infinite weapons; do you know about it?

Ack I need to get one of these CCs now haha. And then grab a Bee and farm the hell outta every boss ever because I'm just that awesome. What level's the CC relative to your current level?

As for that bank glitch - just gone and googled it now and hoooooooly I'll be using that one! Can't wait to be storing all the good stuff.

Also, gratz on the Bunny - got another legendary myself not too long back. A shield called The Transformer, dropped from Pimon in the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve. Its ability is that it resists all shock damage, absorbs ~30% of bullets, and if it's shocked by a source other than a Shock Barrel it recharges itself to compensate for its awful recharge delay. At first I thought it to be gimmicky at best because shock damage wasn't prevalent enough to counter out the very mediocre charging capabilities. Then I realised that, if you're handy with a sniper, you can exploit the living daylights out of any Loaders with crit points on their arms. If you shoot both arms off, they can only use their laser thing, which is shock-based; useless against The Transformer and makes you seriously hard to kill. Only downside which may be a glitch, not sure, is that if the shock damage you receive is greater than the capacity of the shield, the shield recharges as normal but the difference is dealt directly to your health. So stuff like Super Badass Loaders or Super Badass Surveyors still eat you for breakfast behind it. But still, it's worked well!

Also, who here has experience with just how incredibly well Rubi works with a Phaselock boosted by Ruin? It takes me one phaselock on a tough enemy like a Super Badass Loader or something to that nature for Rubi's side-effect to fully restore my health. For those unfamiliar with Rubi - it consumes 2 ammo per shot and has very mediocre stats but, while it's drawn, 12% of all damage you deal is restored as your health. Insanity.

Sage Ghetsis
January 28th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Has anyone gotten all Vault Symbols on the slot machines? It seems like thats all me and my buddy spend money on cause loot is usually better than what's in the stores. So we gamble a lot, and I think the best we got was all legs, which yields a purple weapon iirc. We also got all triple Iridium symbols a few times. Just really wanna know what you get from it?

Razor Leaf
January 29th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Three Vault symbols yields an Orange weapon. It's seriously rare though, not that I need to be telling ya that, and you're probably better off looking elsewhere.

Sage Ghetsis
January 29th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Eh, we like playing the slots. Like I said, we really have nothing better to spend the money on. But have any of you actually gotten it before?

tabor62
February 6th, 2013, 04:06 PM
I finally downloaded the first Borderlands on my PC. So but me down for that o 3o. Too bad there isn't anyone else with it on PC so far.

Lilith
February 13th, 2013, 08:09 PM
@OokamiReki: If low ammo is a problem, you should try to farm the Bunker for The Sham shield. It has a high absorb ammo chance.

@Razor Leaf: My Slag CC is about level 31. I got it from The Warrior. I passed down my CC to my Siren, who still sucks a bit, haha. I got a Bee through a trade giveaway. The Bee is not quite as epic now since the nerf.

I was playing with Olli and saw Pimon/Tumbaa. One of them dropped the Transformer, eee! I let him have it though, since I am swimming in legendary weapons now... I have like, 30. I got 8 through helping someone farm a rare spawn for the Challenge Trophy. The rest were dumped on the ground and the player left. They're likely cloned guns, but I appreciate having them. I got: Infinity, Baby Maker, Madhous, B--ch, Shredifier, uhh, several Norfleets, more Conference Calls, the Leech grenade mods... All very cool legendaries!

While playing with another friend, KnuckleDragger dropped a legendary too. I think it's the Hornet. I had that too in my bank, so I let her have it. I've also been playing in random lobbies. Half of the time, the random matchmaking says I lack the DLC or the group is incredibly incompetent. D:

I did find a second Badaboom on my own! It must think I'm its soul mate or something!

I don't have a level 50 Rubi yet. It's something I still need to farm. D:

@NecrumWarrior: No vault symbols in slots here. :( On a good day, I get one purple and one blue. I've hit Eridium jackpot several times. The loot is wayyyy better in the slots than in the vending machine. I hardly buy guns.

@Tabor: Finally added you to the list. I really want to replay BL1 now, but BL2 is just too amazing.

We apparently get a Valentines Day special/code, so tune in tomorrow! These things tend to expire in a few days!

tabor62
February 13th, 2013, 08:14 PM
It sure is lonely playing BL on PC on my own lol. My friend gave it to me on the condition that I played 2 hours a week with him. But now I'm the one asking him to play with me :P

I really want BL2, how long did it take for the GOTY for BL to come out? Cuz I want to buy the GOTY to get all the DLC and the game for cheaper (cuz I'm a cheap guy)

Lilith
February 13th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Borderlands debuted on October 2009. I know I bought the GOTY edition in July 2012. You may have quite a wait, Tabor. :P

I couldn't wait for BL2. The DLC is kinda expensive right now for the few hours of campaign it offers.

msdmario
February 14th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Borderlands GOTY came out on October 12, 2010 which is not even a full year since the first game was released on October 20, 2009. I am also waiting on a GOTY edition as well. Hopefully, there is some information about it once they release all the DLC later this year.

Major Ziggs
February 15th, 2013, 05:09 AM
I couldn't wait for BL2. The DLC is kinda expensive right now for the few hours of campaign it offers.

Agreed, the DLC has been pretty disappointing to be honest. The Tourge one was absolutely incredible; the story was great, Tourge was hilarious and the gameplay was insane. Unfortunately Captain Scarlet and Sir Hammerlock couldn't follow this trend as they were both very disappointing imo. The pirate DLC certainly wasn't bad, but it was incredibly average considering how much it costs and I was hoping for a lot more from it. It does have some quirky characters and the reward at the end is wonderful, but I don't think it's worth paying much for. Hammerlock on the other hand I didn't enjoy at all - it feels like the story was put together by throwing darts at a board and the whole DLC just lowered the whole standard of the game. The new enemies were all very inventive and great fun to fight, but unfortunately you only get to fight most of them once or twice so that was a big let down. I guess I was just expecting more of an actual "Big Game Hunter" theme rather than some random scientist guy's story haha.

Archer
February 16th, 2013, 06:11 AM
I'm playing Borderlands 2 on PC as well.Just finished my first playthrough at Level 34. Axton Defensive Build. If anyone wants to play multi with me, my Steam link is in my postbit/profile/sig on here.

I'm not in any hurry to buy the DLC, I'll wait until it goes on special during one of the sales and I have the cash to throw at it. :D

Zissou
February 22nd, 2013, 05:13 PM
I've been playing Borderlands since a few days after the original came out. I played that game for at least 200 hours, beat all the DLC with each character, and farmed Craw and Knoxx's Armory more times than I can possibly count.

When Borderlands 2 was announced I immediately pre-ordered the edition that came with an actual loot chest. I actually skipped my first class of the day with Alexial so we could head over to GameStop to pick it up. I've played as much Borderlands 2 as I can handle, but I still pick it up every now and again for a few minutes.

I originally played on the 360, but recently got a laptop that can handle most current-gen games very well, so I've been playing on Steam. I've got a level 50 Salvador and a level 36-37 Zero, both with plenty of legendary guns/shields/grenades/mods. If you'd like to play or trade, PM or VM me and I'll try to figure out how to play online through Steam (I'm not much for multiplayer games).

Razor Leaf
March 3rd, 2013, 04:46 PM
What I've been finding weird about BL2 lately is how, every time I do a new playthrough, it's so much more enjoyable than the last. I had a great time playing as Zer0, an amazing time being Maya, and now I'm playing as Axton and good luck dragging me away from him! I've just found that there are so many ways you can play it even though you've only got four distinct characters playing the same story every time. The replayability factor in this game's just gigantic. What do you guys think?

Zissou
March 3rd, 2013, 10:49 PM
What I've been finding weird about BL2 lately is how, every time I do a new playthrough, it's so much more enjoyable than the last. I had a great time playing as Zer0, an amazing time being Maya, and now I'm playing as Axton and good luck dragging me away from him! I've just found that there are so many ways you can play it even though you've only got four distinct characters playing the same story every time. The replayability factor in this game's just gigantic. What do you guys think?

I couldn't agree more! I had more fun playing Salvador than I did Axton or Zer0, but they're all fun! I find the best thing to do once you've gotten through the game, farmed until your eyes are bleeding, and have exhausted all value from beating challenging enemies is to grab a version of WillowTree and just mod your guns until they're perfect.

I've been playing around with an Unkempt Harold that shoots 47 shots at once! Combined with The Bee (even the new one), I was able to take down Hyperius in 4 shots! Unfair as anything, but once you've beaten the raid bosses so many times it feel fantastic to just tank them immediately.

Lilith
March 10th, 2013, 05:54 PM
I got the Season Pass! My twin brother paid for $20 and I paid the difference, $10. I downloaded and installed it, but I haven't played it much. I am saving it for Friday, as I start Spring Break then!

I did start the first mission in the Torgue DLC, and the opening cinematic was hilarious. I'm going to play that one first, and then eventually Scarlet and Hammerlock's DLC.

I finally got my third character, Zero, to level 50. All's left is Axton if Ozzy would play with me! I didn't quite enjoy playing as the Assassin because I'm so clumsy as I'd lose more health trying to melee to regain health, haha. The replayability factor is incredibly there, though. Also, I've entered random lobbies or added friends from the official Gearbox forums and I have a ton of legendary items now. This makes me want to collect the rest of them, too! I have farmed for The Sham (http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sham), Quasar (http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Quasar), and Bonus Package (http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Bonus_Package). I was unsuccessful in finding the Nukem and Black Hole, but someone cloned and given those to me now. In the next upcoming days, I'll be hunting for DLC-exclusive weapons. :)

Here's some golden keys for ya if you're needing some good loot, too.

Mar 10 from Randy Pitchford's Twitter (https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic)

PC: KB53J-ZFBR5-HWRTB-T3TTB-RFJFR
PS3: C35BB-WZZWJ-5W5KT-ZT5BB-H3SXZ
Xbox 5BCJB-WBZS5-XZRTF-CF3BJ-B6BB6

Also, who's heard about the 6th Vault Hunter (http://kotaku.com/5989621/gearbox-teases-burly-new-borderlands-2-character?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow)?

Major Ziggs
March 17th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Also, who's heard about the 6th Vault Hunter (http://kotaku.com/5989621/gearbox-teases-burly-new-borderlands-2-character?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow)?
Oh wow, I had no idea they were releasing a 6th vault hunter! I'm kind of disappointed since it was seeming like the reamining 8 (including Gaige) could've made up the playable characters for any future games, but I guess that's not so likely if there's 9. Ah well haha. The new character looks very interesting, I'm expecting some kind of Brick beat-down style of fighting? Blade assures me the CEO of the company said that won't be it, but I'm pretending she didn't say that and assuming he'll be mutant Brick! Very exciting indeed <3

Lilith
March 24th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Here's some more Borderlands 2 News (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/24/borderlands-2-level-cap-increase-announced?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social).

Gearbox is releasing a new free playthrough, called Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, on April 2. Gearbox is also releasing a Level Cap Raise pack (to level 61), which includes Pearlescent weapons (free for Season Pass holders and $4.99 for every one else).

In May, Gearbox is releasing the 6th Vault Hunter, Krieg the Psycho, for $9.99. Gameplay footage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H78O4TRrTY4).

In June, Gearbox is releasing the 4th DLC, which is included in the season pass.

I. am. stoked!

Major Ziggs
March 28th, 2013, 07:05 PM
I'm playing the pirate dlc with Blade and it's lots of fun because, self-quoted, she is "p amazing right n_n". When I first saw the whole Captain Scarlet storyline I wasn't thrilled, but I'm loving this play-through much more than expected. Maybe it's just because Blade lets me hit her with cars all the time and stare at Axton's butt, or maybe it's just because Captain Scarlet is a wonderful tease and makes me want to live on her ship forever eating bandit meat, but either way the story has been incredibly enjoyable so far and I can't wait to get further! I hear there's some amazing loot to come so we'll keep updates posted <3

Lilith
March 29th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Yeah I didn't know the Pirate DLC would be so much fun. The oasis environment was very pretty too. :) Captain Scarlet is more quirky than I expected. I thought she would be very serious, having built a pirate empire and all. I really like the hovercraft boat too. Ozzy and I are often fighting taking turns driving it. I can't wait to beat the Leviathan!

Get your golden keys while they're hot!

Shift Keys Posted 3/31/2013
PC/Mac: K3CBT-CT56C-ZC6TT-3BTTT-WJTRS
PS3: CT5JB-XJ3X3-CCCWT-ZJKJJ-KJ9KB
Xbox: C3CB3-FRHRR-JB9TR-W6TJB-CK3JF

Shift Keys Posted 3/29/2013
PC/Mac - KBWJJ-WTXB9-C59J6-WFBTJ-TK6BJ
PS3 - C35BB-SJFJS-WCZTR-KR3T3-BWZBW
Xbox - KTWBB-XBRT9-WWZ3R-WXTT3-S3SX9

Here's some more news (http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140). I'm very excited about the increase in backpack space and the ability to reset overall mission progress!

Changes in 4/2 Software Update (Free)
- New items in the Black Market:
- One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 50 Eridium each.
- Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
- Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
- Increases the maximum amount of Eridium players can hold from 99 to 500.
- Adds a new playthrough balanced for top-tier play: Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
- Various bug fixes.

Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack (Free with Season Pass, $4.99 / 400 Microsoft Points separately)
- Raises level cap to 61, allowing characters to gain 11 additional levels.
- Characters gain a skill point with every level from 51 to 61, for a total of 11 more skill points.
- Powerful new "Ancient" E-Tech relics and rare Pearlescent-grade weapons can be picked up in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.

Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode Details
- Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is unlocked for a character once they have completed the main story missions in True Vault Hunter Mode and reached level 50.
- Unlike other playthroughs, Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode can be replayed multiple times with players able to reset their overall mission progress at any time from the Main Menu.
- No more tutorial missions -- characters in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode begin in Southern Shelf with the "Cleaning Up the Berg" mission.
- While playing in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, enemies and bosses will scale according to the player's current level or, if playing with others, the highest-level player in that party.
- Gameplay changes in UVHM:
- Enemy health generally increased 4x.
- Enemies now have a moderate amount of health regeneration.
- Increased duration of slag damage multiplier effect.
- Upped the damage that slagged enemies take from 2x to 3x.
- Weapon swap speed increased to better facilitate slag use.
- Enemies now more likely to drop ammo.
- Loot Midgets are now "Legendary Loot Midgets" that can drop Legendary and other top-tier gear.

Krieg the Psycho's Details
Action Skill: Buzz Axe Rampage
Skill Trees: Hellborn, Mania, and Bloodlust (http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Krieg)
6 minutes of gameplay footage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXe_41MToO0)

Olli
April 1st, 2013, 02:26 PM
Oh wow, considering how long it's been since I last played, it seems there'll be a lot to return to. I haven't even gotten thatfar in the game yet, but considering a lot of it is DLC, I guess I'll have to let go of some money for the enchanced experience. Sounds like some of it is a load of fun though, so I'm guessing it'll be the money well-spent. But yeah, guess I'll have to get back to playing it soon, especially since free-time probably won't be an issue

Lilith
April 1st, 2013, 02:42 PM
@Olli: Yeah you do need to get back into the swings of things. :D You still need to reach level 50!

Enjoy your new golden keys!
Shift Keys Posted 4/1/2013
PC/Mac: W3WBT-FJ5R5-HKX3J-TJT3T-KWB3S
PS3: 53KTT-STJF3-C5KK3-HJK3B-65ZRC
XBox: K35T3-9R9FR-3B9TF-CRTJT-6WXS9

Here is the full list of details concerning tomorrow's massive update.
PC Update Information (http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22126761--PC-Update-Hot-Fix-Information)
Xbox 360 Update Information (http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22147216-Xbox-360-Update-Hot-Fix-Information)
PlayStation 3 Update Information (http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22127181-PlayStation-3-Update-Hot-Fix-Information-)

I'm bummed out about how they're gonna fix the bug where you could exploit power ups from the Evil Smasher. Noooooo just how will I be able to get through ultimate vault hunter mode? My gear is kinda lousy. I'll have to throw out all of my cool purple weapons. D:

I'll either use my Gunzerker if playing alone or my nurse Siren if playing this online. I'm still not good at playing as the Assassin, and my Commando is level 36-ish.

Yukiyo Kayume
April 1st, 2013, 07:42 PM
hey! I play BL2 sometimes, I'm not very high level though but it's fun~ I play on the PC :D

my favorite character is the engineer guy. I love my turret!

"say hello to the missus!"

Razor Leaf
April 2nd, 2013, 12:34 PM
Sooooo I got the DLC! And it's brutal omg. The Volcano takes about 2-3 crits just tokill a Bullymong Brat when I'm playing as a Siren right now. This is gonna take a loooooong time, but it'll be worth it for the kinda rewards I'm expecting! i hope

Lilith
April 6th, 2013, 01:59 PM
@Yukiyo Kayume: I love Axton's quirkiness and calling his turret his girlfriend. XD; My commando is still about level 36. Where is my teammate? Ozzy? ):

In UVHM, I'm level 53 now with my Siren. Although I found one good level 52 E-tech slag SMG, I'm barely finding any good loot. I'm still using all of my level 50 legendary weapons. I dunno how long I can take it before I need new gear. Even the smallest of enemies take so long to kill. >.<

Razor Leaf
April 6th, 2013, 02:54 PM
I AM GOING TO LIST MY LEGENDARIES AND MY PEARLESCENTS and then talk about how I'm taking on UVHM! Horray!

Legendaries and Pearlescents
Flakker (3) - Warrior moonshot drops, drop from a Legendary Loot Midget.
The Transformer (2) - Random drops from Pimon.
Veruc - Random drop from Mobley.
Longbow - Random drop from Mobley.
Unforgiven - Drop from a Super Badass Creeper.
Storm Front - Drop from a Legendary Loot Midget.
Legendary Siren - Drop from a Legendary Loot Midget.
Legendary Soldier - Drop from a Legendary Loot Midget.
Lyuda - Drop from a Legendary Loot Midget.
Tunguska - Drop from a Legendary Loot Midget.
Unkempt Harold - Drop from a Legendary Loot Midget.
Striker - Drop from a Legendary Loot Midget.
KerBlaster - Drop from a Legendary Loot Midget.
Stalker - Drop from a Legendary Loot Midget.
Tunguska - Drop from a Legendary Loot Midget.
Rolling Thunder (2) - Drop from a Legendary Loot Midget.
HellFire (2) - Farmed from Scorch, drop from a Legendary Loot Midget.
Neogenator - Farmed from the Treasure Room.
Maggie - Farmed from the Treasure Room.
Volcano - Farmed from the Treasure Room.
Baby Maker - Farmed from the Treasure Room.
Legendary Mechromancer (2) - Farmed from the Treasure Room, drop from a Legendary Loot Midget.
Flame of the Firehawk (???) - Quest reward from Lillith.
Black Hole - Random chest loot.
Deliverance - Random chest loot.

Okay that was fun.

Anyway! About UVHM - I've found that playing as a Siren is faaaaaar more effective than I imagined, but I'm kinda totally reliant on Phaselock. Right now, I'm set up with a full elemental set of weapons; a Slag (51%) Vladof Sniper, a Corrosive Hyperion Shotgun, a Shock Rubi, and a Fire Plasma Caster along with a quick-charge Absorb Shield, the Storm Front, a 34% Cooldown Relic, and a Class Mod giving me +6 Suspension, +5 Reaper and 18% cooldown. Those, along with 5 points invested into Quicken, mean a seriously fast cool down; a total rate increase of 82%. Not literally, though, due to diminishing returns. But anyway! I also keep the Maggie, the Shock Kiss of Death and the Unforgiven (which I'm still testing out) in my backpack most of the time. I'm wanting to get hold of a Slagga at some stage, using it over the current Sniper, and I want to replace the Shotgun with a Corrosive Sniper.

My cooldown probably takes ~8 seconds at this point, which is really nice due to how I've specced up Phaselock - Converge, Chain Reaction and Ruin. The idea is to be able to regularly mass-slag enemies, due to how Slag is now king, and hit them all at once with Ruin's area of effect alongside Chain Reaction's projectile deflection. Coupled with the Storm Front, which damages enemies in a large area and is hugely effective against enemies clustered by Converge, this results in seriously high DPS for a build that's essentially total crowd control. It also allows me to heal very quickly, too; the sheer number of enemies hit in this way means that just by drawing Rubi I'm able to recover all of my health in a few seconds flat, even less when factoring in Storm Front and the fact that I can continue shooting slagged targets with Rubi, almost unresisted due to its Shock typing. Sweet Release allows for even more health regeneration if the phaselocked target dies.

All-in-all, the build's working very well for me. It lets me mass-slag and cause steady damage to counteract the new health regeneration, and gives me the option to hide and restore health or get some serious killing going.

I'm considering investing further skill points into Kinetic Reflection, giving me even greater crowd control when taking on groups of phaselocked enemies due to them dying very quickly, and considering swapping my class mod for the Legendary one. On one hand, it works nicely with this build; it grants me a 38% cooldown increase, bringing the total to 102%, as well as overall boosted gun damage and higher movement speed when phaselocking. It also boosts Accelerate and Ward, giving me both a higher damage output and better shields. However, my current class mod offers me an extra 6 points in Suspension, making it easier for me to hold Ultimate Badass enemies still and gives me more chance to induce Sweet Release, as well as added Kinetic Reflection time, and 5 points to Reaper which is just a generally broken skill. So, I'm not sure of which to go with here. At first, the Legendary Siren sounds a much better option, but... I'm not so sure, really. Advice? :D

edit: I've been a'looting! Updated my legendaries list. My bank is now full so I've a few things up for grabs, if anyone wants them; a Lv8 Hellfire, Lv41 Transformer, Lv33 Veruc along with some level 50 unique and rare items. Anyone interested? I'll just be selling them otherwise.
edit 2: i farm too hard

Skaife
April 19th, 2013, 05:43 AM
i love this game

I've had Borderlands 2 for Xbox 360 since early-January, and I don't think I've played and enjoyed a game as much before. Currently, I've got a Level 37 Siren, and I only defeated the Warrior around 24 hours ago (it gave me the Flakker; worst legendary weapon in existence 9.9) and I'm going through all the TVHM story missions and leaving the sides till after I defeat the Warrior a few times and eventually reach Level 50 (so then all the missions scale up and give me something decent). I haven't bothered making a "build" yet; I've just performed full investments into the Harmony skill tree because I feel that survival of the fittest is one of the main priorities of this game (you can't be dying every two seconds with Hyperion taking 7% of your funds off of you every death), but in the foreseeable future I'll probably just look up a build that caters to my playstyle and use that (I'm not formulating my own build).

In the loot department, I'm going terribly; as previously mentioned the legendary I got off of the Warrior was utterly dreadful and I honestly don't want to spend another five minutes killing the Warrior only to discover that I've either gotten nothing or another Flakker. I'm barely finding anything above white, and due to this I'm always surviving by the skin of my teeth (I imagine a lot about how I would have survived if I had gone Cataclysm or something similar). In my first playthrough, I picked up a Baby Maker that carried me through almost the entirety of the remainder of the game (thanks Mad Dog!) but that had to be sold very soon into TVHM... as did all of my other weapons, sadly. Still, I'm hopeful that as I progress further into the game, I'll reap my rewards for my ever-thinning patience towards the weapons generator.

I do have another playthrough: a Level 13 Mechromancer. I find her to be a pretty nice character to play (Deathtrap dominates when you invest enough into Little Big Trouble and I'm considering spending some points into Best Friends Forever pretty soon), but I'm not very far into the game and I'm still finding my feet in terms of loot (almost all of my weapons are white and green T_T). I aim to finish the first playthrough with her by the end of the school holidays, but chances are I'll just get distracted by my TVHM Siren.

Absol
April 21st, 2013, 05:38 PM
So awhile ago I thought I'll go buy bl and see if I liked it since I wanted to buy more games for my PS3. I absolutely love this game now :D As soon as bl2 comes out with GOTY edition I'm buying it too. Playing co-op with friends is so much fun too. I still have yet to find a legendary gun though :(

Nova
April 22nd, 2013, 09:52 AM
I also got BL1 for PS3 cause the person above me convinced me to buy it (curses xD, JK)
I love playing this game, and its the only game (besides a other game) i play on my PS3 often.

I enjoy playing Co-op with friends (especially with that person THAT SHOVE ME OFF A CLIFF AND MADE ME LOSE 300,000!!!!)

I got loads of legendary guns, but i yet have to find a pearscelent one...

Lilith
April 29th, 2013, 02:19 PM
@ShadowE: Ahhh I remember when I joined a random game and the driver drove everyone off the cliff... x(

@Iloveeevee: Keep playing! There is an awesome chest near the final boss and a save point (unless if they changed it since). That's how I found most of my legendaries in BL1.

@Aurora: Aww no love for the Flakker! </3 I don't really like it, but it has its fans. :P I think solo Siren benefits more from the Cataclysm tree for its pure damage. I struggled a lot in TVHM with a healing Siren on my own, haha. However, I still think a lot of the skills under Cata suck. Helios and Cloud Kill barely deteriorate enemies, and a fire-boosted melee or fire shots in FFYL are not helpful when I'm facing robots for half of the game. Also, most enemies have RESIST when I use elements in TVHM. D:! Play around with some different builds, maybe do some runs through Bloodshot Stronghold and see if you like your new skill-set.

@Razor Leaf: Those midgets had friends and families! Nice haul, there. I like using my bladed Hellfire or fire Plasma Caster, Corrosive Lyuda/Infinity, the Storm for giggles since I like the shock orbs, and Badaboom rocket launcher for quick Second Winds. I also like to switch out the Storm and use my Presence SMG, as while it's Hyperion and non-elemental, it has a nice skin. The tight accuracy helps when I'm in FFYL, too. I often use a 35% Cooldown relic to get my Phaselock charged within 8 seconds. I'll need the instant revive when playing with 4 people. I also have an E-tech relic that boosts max health, SMG ammo, and sniper rifle ammo by about 48%. I'm using a shock-resistant Bee shield now. The damage is too too impressive to forgo survivability! I can't dent most grunts without having the Bee, even if I use my slag orb. :/ For Grenade Mods, I switch between the Bonus Package for raw damage and the Storm Front to disable shields when I'm not carrying a shock weapon.

I had two points in Kinetic Reflection, but most of the time, the creatures were attacking me rather than bandits. I got rid of it.

I found my first legendary drop from the loot midgets today. It's a level 59 Rapid Infinity. I'm level 61 now... Oh well, it's still a very killer gun.

I haven't found any Pearls yet. A random player gave me 5 level 56 Pearlescents. It's good to note that this same guy spit out like, fifty legendary items when we were chilling in Sanctuary, lmao.
Bearcat (Fire)
Unforgiven
Butcher (Corrosive)
Storm (Shock)
Stalker (Corrosive)

List of all the legendary items I have, although most were obtained through friends/donators on Borderlands forum or online random public lobbies.
Relics
1.1 Blood of Terramorphous

Assault Rifles
2.1 Hammer Buster
2.2 KerBlaster
2.3 Madhouse
2.4 Shredifier
2.5 Veruc

Pistols
3.1 Gub
3.2 Gunerang
3.3 Hornet
3.4 Infinity - got one myself
3.5 Logan's Gun
3.6 Maggie
3.7 Thunderball Fists
3.8 Unkempt Harold

Rocket Launchers
4.1 Badaboom - got two myself
4.2 Bunny - got one myself
4.3 Mongol
4.4 Norfleet
4.5 Nukem
4.6 Pyrophobia

Shotguns
5.1 Conference Call - got two myself
5.2 Deliverance
5.3 Flakker
5.4 Sledge's Shotgun
5.5 Striker

Sniper Rifles
6.1 Invader
6.2 Longbow
6.3 Lyuda - got one myself
6.4 Pitchfork - got one myself
6.5 Skullmasher
6.6 Volcano - got one myself

Submachine Guns SMGs
7.1 Baby Maker
7.2 B.tch
7.3 Emperor - got one with Olli
7.4 Hellfire
7.5 Slagga

Shields
8.1 The Transformer - got one with Olli
8.2 Flame of the Firehawk
8.3 The Bee
8.4 The Sham - got one myself
8.5 The Cradle
8.6 Fabled Tortoise
8.7 Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
8.8 Black Hole
8.9 Neogenator
8.10 Impaler - got one myself
8.11 Hide of Terramorphous

Grenades
9.1 Bonus Package - got one with brother
9.2 Bouncing Bonnie
9.3 Fastball
9.4 Quasar - got one myself
9.5 Fire Bee
9.6 Rolling Thunder
9.7 Leech - got one myself
9.8 Storm Front
9.9 Pandemic
9.10 Nasty Surprise

Class Mods
10.1 Slayer of Terramorphous - got one myself
10.2 Legendary Class Mod - got one for each class myself

Nova
April 29th, 2013, 09:22 PM
I tried to kill Crawmerax the invincible on BL1... But so far its scaring me to get up that elevator and face a gigantic, lvl 72 (since im lvl 69 with Roland) crab beast that kills me in a matter of seconds... Any helpful strategies for it?

Lilith
May 5th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Oh oh oh, a website was offering BL2 at a discount price of $9.99 for PC so now I have it on Steam!

@ShadowE: No clue. I've never faced him. My highest level character in BL1 is a level 50 Siren. Maybe check out the Borderland forums or Youtube?

Today, I cleared the entire Hammerlock DLC and Captain Scarlett DLC in one sitting.

Hammerlock -
Super. short. What a waste of money if anyone buys this individually. I completed the story missions in like, 90 minutes. The professor guy was unbelievably annoying as he tries to antagonize you while you're 'hunting game' I guess. I dunno, I wasn't impressed by the creatures. The witch doctors and savages are interesting opponents, as they cast spells to power up the latter. Very predictable plot - you make your way to the professor's hideout, kill his secret weapon of last resort, and loot his ship. I found one purple out of like, 15 chests.

Scarlett -
I've played this a bit before, but I liked the part where you fight Roscoe. Scarlett is kinda cute, but obviously is gonna stab you in the back, lol. She did murder others or ask you to murder others. My 3 co-op partners and I quickly beat the Leviathan. One teammate bolted for the secret treasure chest and looted that. The rest of us ran for the 10 or so chests, and I saw a Pearlescent sniper rifle in a chest. My backpack was 34/33 full, I tossed out two items, and the sniper rifle was gone. I saw it in one dude's hands, but he immediately left. He didn't respond to my messages, either. :B Really bummed I couldn't get my one Pearl. The other two said they found a legendary in a chest. Both dropped their entire backpacks, all legendary/pink/purple/blue items and dashboard'd out of the game. :D I'm still sorting through all the cool stuff.

Fenrir Reki
May 6th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Oh oh oh, a website was offering BL2 at a discount price of $9.99 for PC so now I have it on Steam!

My 3 co-op partners and I quickly beat the Leviathan. One teammate bolted for the secret treasure chest and looted that. The rest of us ran for the 10 or so chests, and I saw a Pearlescent sniper rifle in a chest. My backpack was 34/33 full, I tossed out two items, and the sniper rifle was gone. I saw it in one dude's hands, but he immediately left. He didn't respond to my messages, either. :B Really bummed I couldn't get my one Pearl. The other two said they found a legendary in a chest. Both dropped their entire backpacks, all legendary/pink/purple/blue items and dashboard'd out of the game. :D I'm still sorting through all the cool stuff.

Would you mind telling us what website is offering that deal? :O

Also, that really sucks. This is why whenever I play online with randoms I always make sure I have at least five free slots in my inventory wherever I go, just in case there is any loot that I absolutely want.

I recently started playing again on Ultimate Vault Hunter. Although i'm still at the beginning of the game, i'm surprised with the new enemy variants as well as the amazing drop rates. So far I have never gotten anything lower than blue rarity from opening chests and containers. I haven't run into any pearlescents yet but I hope to sooner or later. I want to get to the end-game to farm Terramorphous, The Warrior, and the "leviathan" chests to see what kind of loot I get.

Miss Doronjo
May 7th, 2013, 10:50 AM
I've recently bought Borderlands 2 for PS3, and I'm just about to play it, but... Before that, does anyone have any tips for me? :)

RxErick
May 7th, 2013, 11:21 AM
I've recently bought Borderlands 2 for PS3, and I'm just about to play it, but... Before that, does anyone have any tips for me? :)

Coming from someone who's only beat the game once and hasn't started vault hunter difficulty yet, I think it would depend a lot on your class and your play style. But as with any game it's important to choose a class you intend on having fun with.

Don't spend any of your Golden keys until a higher level imo as the chest rewards are equal to your level at the time. Follow Gearbox Studios on twitter and or follow the Borderlands subreddit as they post key codes at the top of the subreddit when they're updated.

On a seperate note, do any steam players get annoyed that it's not a VAC certified game? I understand the argument that it's not necessarily a competitive game, but I like to know the stuff I've acquired through trade or other means is legitimate just as I do with pokemon.

Lilith
May 14th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Krieg the Psycho is out today!

I'm currently level 2 with him. :)

@OokamiReki: The site with the sale was Gamersgate, but it was a 24 hour deal. I saw the sale on the official Borderlands forum, so I'll let you know if anyone else ever posts some good discounts.

I found two purples in the chest after Captain Flynt today. Yeah, I have noticed that drop rates improved overall. I only found one purple when looting the Leviathan's chest today. Real bummer. I expected a legendary-pearlescent again. :/

@Miss Doronjo: Awesome! Well, as tempting at it is to go Rambo on crowds, it's best to take cover whenever your shield is depleted. I like being a little cautious (I hate dying and losing my monies!). Some of my favorite guns in the beginning were Torgue assault rifles, Maliwan's sub machine gun's, and Vladof pistols (TMP or Anarchist). Of course, try out anything that you find. Try using purple and blue weapons, even if they're like 4 levels under your level. You can use green weapons for like, 3 levels. You're always "growing out" of your weapons, so be sure to update your gear every couple of levels. White weapons have the lowest-rolled stats. Only use white weapons if you don't have a lot of gear. Sell them for quick cash.

Use this website to find all of the golden keys if you don't want to follow the social media necessarily: http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#Latest_Shift_Codes

@RxErick: What do you mean by VAC? There's no 100% method of finding out a Pokemon is the real deal. There are ways to weed out the bad hacks, though. This is the guide I sometimes look at to figure out when I have a hacked item. http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=249847

Skaife
May 17th, 2013, 02:29 AM
I started a Gunzerker the other day, just to see if my pre-conceived thoughts held any weight. I didn't disappoint myself, because he's horrible. Sure, there might be more to enjoy when I get him past Level 7, but surely they could have formulated a more imaginative skill than dual-wielding guns? Boring. I'll delete it later; waste of my time.

I've advanced a bit further into the storyline with my TVHM Siren; I've killed Bloodwing, fought my way through the Slab camp, and I'm about to start the Opportunity arc. I've also respecced her! No longer am I under the illusion that healing is better than elemental obliteration; I've been able to cruise through most of the story since investing in Cataclysm. Much easier. To boost my survivability, I'm reinvesting into Harmony. By Level 56, I should have access to Scorn once again.

I've found next to nothing. The most recent Purple I picked up was a Storming Trance, which was a huge help through the Highlands... but not so much in Wildlife Preservation (fortunately, I found one of those Maliwan-barrel Tediore Incendiary SMGs that helped me clear it pretty quickly). I've got a blue Skatergun (which was quickly superceded by a Double Loving Pounder I picked up 10 minutes later) and a few blue Dahl sniper rifles (which just suck). Most of my other stuff is green, but they do their jobs pretty well and I've managed to get by.

Lilith
May 27th, 2013, 08:07 PM
DLC4 news coming tomorrow. :)

@Aurora.: Oh wow, Sal was a letdown, huh... I found him to be very fun and reliable up until level 51. Maybe I've grown accustomed to just using my Siren. Anyway, I'm a huge fan of anything Maliwan. The Trance SMGs really saved my hind many times before. Hope you have better luck, since today, I found 5 legendary items while killing things with Razor Leaf. IT WAS CRAZY!

The 5 are:
Whisky Tango Foxtrot shield
The Cradle shield
Infinity pistol
Hornet pistol
The Cradle shield

My favorite would be the Infinity because of infinite ammo! It's also shock elemental so it owns just about anything!
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/AngelLatias/7ca0d2f6-c675-43b3-ad6a-7e74b8cee603_zps17ef3fb5.jpg

I've also found two legendaries before while playing with Abnegation.
They are:
Deliverance shotgun
Madhous assault rifle

I love using the Deliverance since mine has fire elemental damage. In the face, skags!
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/AngelLatias/f6ed0f65-4c56-43e2-a340-c0de8fea6d4d_zpse4108447.jpg

Skaife
June 7th, 2013, 06:48 AM
A week or so ago, after a long and tedious half-an-hour battle with the Warrior, I finally conquered True Vault Hunter Mode with my Siren. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of purchasing the Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode DLC prior to defeating the Warrior, which means the time I can comfortably spend in TVHM is somewhat limited. At the moment, I'm focusing on finding some decent weaponry and I'm attempting to farm for Legendaries (unfortunately, my patience is quite thin and it's jarring having to kill a boss over and over again before your Legendary is received), but I'm wondering whether that's pointless and if I should just skip straight to UVHM. I hear on the grape vine that it's a torturous gauntlet right from the beginning, however, so I'm torn as to what to do. I'm mulling it over, and my limited patience will probably nudge me into getting destroyed by UVHM's difficulty.

I haven't found anything. Nothing. Not a solitary purple or blue pistol. Everything I kill, even those wretched badasses, is just dropping greens over and over again. While greens are, of course, a big step-up from whites (which are utter trash), I'm starting to get very irritated by my horrible luck. Even the weapons chests are throwing green after green after green at me. Seriously?

In other news, once I get enough Microsoft points, I shall be buying Kreig in due course; he looks like a really interesting and fun character to play with. The fact that he immolates himself for your benefit is enough to pull me in. I'll also get DLC4 when I can; hopefully it's a bit better than the last ones, which were a touch boring.

Zet
June 7th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Krieg the Psycho is out today!

I would love to buy Krieg, but all DLC for me is $6 more than it is in the US :(

Nova
June 11th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Im getting BL2 for PS3 really soon with my bday closing in (8 days from now) and im way too excited to play it.

I might get confused with classes (idk if there is a class with ammo regen... i love ammo regen since that saves up money) and weapons at first, but it'll be a game i can play for hours long like BL1.

I also found (also with credit to Iloveeevee for raiding the armory and killing Crawmerax together which was a while ago tbh) a pearlescent weapon: ZX100 U Hunter's Jackal. Its a decent weapon (not quite what you would expect from a very rare gun) and i kinda like it too. Still like the Volcano more

Absol
June 11th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Im getting BL2 for PS3 really soon with my bday closing in (8 days from now) and im way too excited to play it.

I might get confused with classes (idk if there is a class with ammo regen... i love ammo regen since that saves up money) and weapons at first, but it'll be a game i can play for hours long like BL1.

I also found (also with credit to Iloveeevee for raiding the armory and killing Crawmerax together which was a while ago tbh) a pearlescent weapon: ZX100 U Hunter's Jackal. Its a decent weapon (not quite what you would expect from a very rare gun) and i kinda like it too. Still like the Volcano more
That pearlescent took forever to find D: Still haven't found another one since, even though I've raided the armory more and killed Crawmerax some. I do have tons of legendaries and the game keeps giving me more. So many legendaries I expect one in every chest and from every badass now lol (which most of the time I do get a legendary from)

I ended up buying BL2 a few weeks ago although I haven't played it much since I've been busy with PC related stuff and I got distracted by Assassin's Creed 2 lol Planning to play it soon since new DLC is being released. The DLC with Tiny Tina looks really awesome and I can't wait to play it :D Then also Krieg looks like loads of fun. The intro vid I saw of it made me want to buy it asap even though I haven't completed my current playthrough with Maya yet D:

Nova
June 20th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Recently got BL2 on PS3 and im lvl 22-24 with Salvador. So far i've only played on my own (exception of a mere 30 mins with EV) and i havent got anything thats rare but i got some decent weapons atm...

Also i have a gambling problem on that game xD

DjentlemanJoe
June 24th, 2013, 01:08 AM
I've had this game for like...2 years. Only just bothered playing it. Incredible. Now I need to get #2.

'Zerker, if anybody is wondering :)

Nova
June 24th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Beated my first playthrough as Salvador (lvl 35 now), spend around 200,000 on the slot machines. The Warrior was pretty easy to beat, unlike The Destroyer.

Also got my first legendary: Infinity. Tho its base damage is quite low, i love that it has endless ammo.

The second playthrough however (or TVHM), is really tough... I already died 10 times just trying to free Hammerlock...

Xolace
June 24th, 2013, 11:05 PM
I've beaten Ultimate Vault Hunter mode twice now. All I can say is take a Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold with you. That gun scales remarkably well compared to everything else until about level 56.

Also, try not to think about your gear too much before you start. The majority of it doesn't keep up very well past 53.

Also, make sure you take advantage of Quest reward weapons. Unlike TVHM you don't need to worry about getting a max level one as you can restart the story at any point in the game.

Last but not least, be prepared to see a drastic change. The enemies will kick your butt if you don't play strategically. Unless you're Gaige because let's be honest. She's easy mode.

Nova
June 26th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Threshers... I hate them so much... Especially the wormhole ones. They just pop right in front of you and scare the heck outta you... They are quite easy to deal with, but they scare me so much xD

On the other hand Stalkers are quite annoying without a good lvl shock weapon... they keep going invisible -_-

Ckbruin
June 27th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Decided to play Borderlands 2 again after 8 months of having it sit on my hard drive...
Just finished beating the BNK-3R and secured the Vault Key.

I had a few hours of fun just messing around with Varkids (only in Normal mode now, so up to 4th stage Varkids only :/) and farming Crystalisks in Caustic Caverns.

Threshers... I hate them so much... Especially the wormhole ones. They just pop right in front of you and scare the heck outta you... They are quite easy to deal with, but they scare me so much xD

On the other hand Stalkers are quite annoying without a good lvl shock weapon... they keep going invisible -_-

Agreed. Although the Threshers give me more issues than I think they should.
Oh, and I'm playing as the Commando guy (Axton) and I'm at level 28 right now, in case anyone wants to play on Steam.

Nova
July 3rd, 2013, 12:03 PM
Recently got every single DLC, till i found out i missed Captain Scarlett's DLC >.<

Im also enjoying my playthrough with Krieg, its a really awesome character with some sick skills and abilities. The Flame of the Firehawk is pretty effective with him aswell. Currently lvl 15...

Lilith
July 20th, 2013, 10:35 AM
@Xolace: What system do you play it on?

Yeah, I never really wanted to buy Gaige since her Deathtrap makes the game too easy. I am enjoying Krieg a lot. You know things are intense when you have to sit up in your chair/couch when playing. :D

I just picked up 12 Golden Keys today! Be sure to check this site (http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#Latest_Shift_Codes)for the latest SHiFT codes

DLC news (source (http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?p=4375041#post4375041))

Borderlands 2 PAX Panel Info

DLC INFO:

Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak
Level cap pack+ content: adds 11 more levels (will bring level up too 72)
$5 price point
Coming soon (sometime this fall)
Involves Tanis and Lilith.
Is a new map where Patricia Tannis will let players fight high-level enemies (which they can "over level" to create an "impossible" challenge)
Does not require the previous level pack, you'll go to 61 rather than 72.
FAQ on the requirements to come soon.

Also Coming Soon (some time this fall)
Increased ammo capacity
Increased Bank capacity
Increased Max Inventory capacity
Above increases are Free
More character customization Packs coming soon.

Head Hunter Pack T.K. BAHA's BLOODY HARVEST
Pricing to be announced later
Before Halloween ETA
Zombie T.K. Baha
Has at least one raid boss, posibly more.
W.I.P. so very little info

Other Info Released at Panel
Gearbox Community day will be ONLINE this year September 14th* details may change.
Digital bonuses for those watching, base stream is free, they may have higher teir packs that grant more bonuses
Exclusive heads and skins as part of the bonuses
More info @ Community Day (http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/communityday)

Nova
July 20th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Yeah i knew about the new DLC and level cap being introduced, and im really looking forward to this.

Also i tried to defeat the Dragons of Destruction in BL2, but it is just not possible solo... My lvl 57 Gunzerker has way too many useless lvl 50 legendaries (even the Unkempt Harold isnt useful in UVHM).

Im also getting Krieg and Maya to 61, and i enjoy Krieg way too much, althrough some of his skills can be annoying (burning yourself, hurting yourself, etc.)

Razer302
July 20th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Haven't played this game in a long time. One of my friends Glitched my achievements when he was using my computer and made them all unlock... after that didn't really feel like playing but the season pass is on sale ATM on steam and really thinking about picking it up.

Would it be worth it?

sρεcтяα
July 21st, 2013, 05:41 AM
I've been playing the original Borderlands recently; finally got around to getting the Platinum, and now I'm just cleaning up...I'd like to strangle whoever thought that Moxxi's Underdome and all these collectibles in Claptrap's DLC was a good idea.

I'm looking forward to trying out Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep in the second game, though...I got it with the season pass, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. But she's easily my favourite NPC, and I'm a fan of classic board games, so...win-win combination. xD

Nova
July 21st, 2013, 05:56 AM
I love the Tiny Tina DLC, completed it with my Gunzerker and now im playing it as a Psycho.

Also i have some lvl 50 legendaries i dont really use anymore cause of my level so if anyone wants them just message me and ill drop em (only for PS3).

Also im too struggling with the DLC throphies for BL1, they are kinda hard to find.

TheBigMan0706
July 21st, 2013, 10:11 AM
Borderlands 2 for me. I have it on PS3, and my PSN is the same here

Nova
July 22nd, 2013, 05:54 AM
Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode... I kinda wanna just stop leveling up my Gunzerker and focus on the others, cause this mode is just insane... Enemies nearly insta-kill you, and most of them are bullet-spongy as heck (took 100 shots with dual Unkempt Harolds + The Bee to kill... one Maurader). Also i might have low level weapons (all lvl 50 legendaries or Seraph weapons and a few lvl 54 SMG's, and im lvl 57).

When i get to Sanctuary i use a few of the gold keys since i need some better firepower for sure.

Ckbruin
July 24th, 2013, 08:51 PM
The 2nd UVHM expansion pack sounds a bit too insane for my tastes considering I can barely handle UVHM right now, as it is. I do greatly welcome the soon-to-come increased inventory and bank slots, though.

Finished three DLCs, haven't started on Sir Hammerlock's Hunt yet. Cpt. Scarlett was okay (the Cursed Pirates are just dreadful, though). Torgue's Campaign of Carnage was very entertaining, particularly Mr. Torgue's personality. Tiny Tina's Assault was very sporadic and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

@ShadowExcadrill: I know what you mean...UVHM is indeed hard without on-par equipment (within 3-4 levels of your character). Constructors are my worst nightmare on that difficulty. Especially considering you can't Slag them.

Mr. Avocado
July 29th, 2013, 12:23 PM
I finally picked this game up today for PC. It's been out for a while and I know I'm a bit late so some catching up is necessary.

Nova
August 2nd, 2013, 02:12 AM
Little update... I made UVHM easy thanks to a Slag Dahl sniper which has over 50% chance of slagging someone. Gunzerking the gun with a Jakobs revolver/minigun gives a lot of damage to anything, as i threw my legendaries away for my other characters or i gave them away, i made room for new stuff... Fortunately i got a Logan's Gun out of Wilhelm which is lvl 57.

Cant wait for the extra inventory and ammo slots, i always am full of loot and i run out of ammo quickly even with the Lucky Hoarder class mod

monks1692
August 3rd, 2013, 07:36 AM
I'm really hoping to find some more legendary weapons based on how interesting the ones I've already found are but I'm too lazy to farm them so fingers crossed for random drops!

Nova
August 5th, 2013, 05:42 AM
I'm really hoping to find some more legendary weapons based on how interesting the ones I've already found are but I'm too lazy to farm them so fingers crossed for random drops!

Try loot midgets if you play BL2, especially with that ECHO log mission in the Wildlife Preservation mission active (not at Turn In or completed), then 3-4 of them will spawn at the third ECHO location in 4 boxes. They have a high chance of dropping legendaries... I got the Slagga, HellFire and Norfleet from these guys

Slash Beast ∞
August 20th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Huh, how the hell did I miss this thread.

Anywho, I guess you can sign me up for BL2 on PS3. I just started out as Zero, so.

SK_ScytheSOD be my username if you need it, which you most likely do.

Nova
August 20th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Huh, how the hell did I miss this thread.

Anywho, I guess you can sign me up for BL2 on PS3. I just started out as Zero, so.

SK_ScytheSOD be my username if you need it, which you most likely do.

I always wanted to give Zero a try, but i wanted to get Salvador to 61 (which finally happened :D) before i would start a new character (i have 5 characters now aswell :S)

I defeated the dragons, but i want to beat them legit since some jerk used a hacked weapon ;-;
Also im looking for a lvl 61 Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold to make my Gunzerker build complete (i did post in the BL2 forums that im looking for one).

Slash Beast ∞
August 20th, 2013, 10:28 AM
I always wanted to give Zero a try, but i wanted to get Salvador to 61 (which finally happened :D) before i would start a new character (i have 5 characters now aswell :S)

I defeated the dragons, but i want to beat them legit since some jerk used a hacked weapon ;-;
Also im looking for a lvl 61 Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold to make my Gunzerker build complete (i did post in the BL2 forums that im looking for one).

(New avatar, new font theme....I need to cut this out >_>)

That saddening moment when I realize that I don't have any DLC. Well, congrats on your level 61ness. One of my friends used to play this Religiously, now that I think about it. Axton 2 OP

I'm like, level 6. But honestly I haven't been playing it much because of Fallout taking up my time, not to mention FFXIV: We actually did it right Edition. I'll probably get around to playing this game more come my birthday or so, but....too many games coming out.

Aeroblast
August 20th, 2013, 11:50 AM
(New avatar, new font theme....I need to cut this out >_>)

That saddening moment when I realize that I don't have any DLC. Well, congrats on your level 61ness. One of my friends used to play this Religiously, now that I think about it. Axton 2 OP

I'm like, level 6. But honestly I haven't been playing it much because of Fallout taking up my time, not to mention FFXIV: We actually did it right Edition. I'll probably get around to playing this game more come my birthday or so, but....too many games coming out.

Not trying to be mean, but holy ****. What's up with that formatting of yours? I'm gonna strain my eyes trying to read what you typed! (This (http://oi43.tinypic.com/w8l2bq.jpg) is what it looks like for me, absolutely dreadful)

Anyways Borderlands 2 is coming to PS Vita, great news for me since I have a vita and I liked Borderlands 2, though I hope there aren't no framerate issues of any sort.

Nova
August 20th, 2013, 11:56 AM
I managed to kill Pyro Pete a few times for seraph crystals and bought the Florentine SMG from Maliwan... And this thing is a beast. Combining slag and shock together this SMG deals tons of damage and chews through enemies quite easily.

Razer302
August 20th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Glad to hear this is coming out on Vita. Hope I don't have to wait years to get it in EU like I did with Ragnarok Odyssey.

«Chuckles»
August 20th, 2013, 10:29 PM
I have Borderlands 1 and 2 on steam :D love the story and they made a good FPS with a good story how did that happen it's like the makers of chrono trigger came along and made it

Nova
August 21st, 2013, 05:22 AM
Im disliking the fact that there are these so called 'hybrid' weapons in Borderlands. People seem to use them to kill raid bosses really quickly and removing the challenge and the fun instantly. It angers me to see how many people do this. Almost in every game i join theres at least one guy having a hacked weapon in his hands PLUS showing off with it. I rather stick with my Unkempt Harold and Sawbar which i recently got out of a Badass Goliath :D

Slash Beast ∞
August 21st, 2013, 07:30 AM
Not trying to be mean, but holy ****. What's up with that formatting of yours? I'm gonna strain my eyes trying to read what you typed! (This (http://oi43.tinypic.com/w8l2bq.jpg) is what it looks like for me, absolutely dreadful)

Anyways Borderlands 2 is coming to PS Vita, great news for me since I have a vita and I liked Borderlands 2, though I hope there aren't no framerate issues of any sort.

That seems to be an issue with your theme, not my text...xD

Since I mentioned it, is Zero even any good? I just picked him because Ninjas.

Nova
August 21st, 2013, 08:35 AM
Zer0 is quite good if you have the right skills. Check out the Borderlands wiki or forums for some good builds for Zer0. I got my Gunzerker build from youtube and its amazing to use.

Lilith
August 24th, 2013, 08:23 PM
6 Golden Keys are posted and will remain active until August 27th; get them while they're hot. http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#Latest_Shift_Codes

I was playing UVHM with my level 59 Psycho when a chubby (tubby?) stalker dropped the Whisky Tango Foxtrot. Unfortunately, I only got to see it and another player picked it up before I could. I look for legendary items all the time in chests and vending machines, but I rarely see them myself. I get most of mine through freebies/trades.

I picked up a blue Zero mode that had 50% melee and +6 killing blow and +5 something, uhh I think it was Lethal Ninja. I'm tempted to start using my Zero again. He's difficult to use, but so rewarding once you get into the right rhythm.

Nova
August 25th, 2013, 02:52 AM
I never seem to find a Chubby, however i do have some good stuff from the Ancient Dragons of Destruction. The Omen shotgun and the Avenger pearlescent SMG.

«Chuckles»
August 25th, 2013, 03:11 AM
Some guy gave me an infinity pistol a few months back it's good for running your pals through the game but when its a fight between you and enemies your level... It is horrible

Nova
August 25th, 2013, 03:16 AM
I dont really like the Infinity that much, i prefer the Unkempt Harold since it deals loads of damage...

Razor Leaf
August 26th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Gunzerkers use the Infinity so well, though. All sorts of accuracy boosts along with Keep Firing... basically means that they shred anything in sight. Aside from that, though, they're pretty easily beaten by other pistols. Unkempt Harold, Rubi, Anarchist, Thunderball Fists, etc. all outclass it imo. Especially Rubi, which is probably my favourite weapon. d:

Anyway - I need some help! I'm just starting a replay of UVHM at level 61 with my Gunzerker, but I decided to challenge myself by selling all my gear. That was a bad idea since now I can't even beat a Marauder without getting lucky and activating No Kill Like Overkill, which isn't exactly ideal. Atm I'm farming in TVHM against BNK3R for a high-end Sham, but that's taking ages. Does anyone on PC have a level 61 character and feel like helping me get somewhere in the story to start unlocking at least some nice weapons? All I've got so far is a mid-end Maliwan Slag pistol and a Bonus Package (which is, incidentally, amazing - got extremely lucky for it to drop from Bewm and almost cried when I saw that it was both Longbow and Sticky!), and those two aren't getting me particularly far. So if anyone feels like lending a helping hand and just having a bit of fun, that'd be awesome. :]

Slash Beast ∞
August 26th, 2013, 09:41 PM
6 Golden Keys are posted and will remain active until August 27th; get them while they're hot. http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#Latest_Shift_Codes

YES TY MORE FREE KEYS WOO

I picked up a blue Zero mode that had 50% melee and +6 killing blow and +5 something, uhh I think it was Lethal Ninja. I'm tempted to start using my Zero again. He's difficult to use, but so rewarding once you get into the right rhythm.

Yeah, I believe it's Lethal Ninja. I was going to run that mod, but my planned build doesn't have any plans to run Killing Blow....so I just opted out of wanting it.

Nova
August 29th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Im farming atm for a Chaotic Evil Monk Class Mod for the Gunzerker, since i want that Money Shot skill for the build im using, its pretty decent and i killed the dragons with it...

So far my luck is really low :(

Lilith
September 28th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Oh jeez I almost thought this expired, but I made it just in time. :')

48hour sale for Steam/PC Borderlands 2 67% off and DLC is 50% off. Use this promo code GMG20-WS93W-R39MD when you check out for an additional 20% off (works on Skin Packs). http://www.greenmangaming.com/borderlands-2-dlcs/

I'm still about level 65 as my Siren. D: Haven't had time to play it lately because of college. That and I let my twin borrow my PS3 so he could play GTA V.

Major Ziggs
September 28th, 2013, 08:48 AM
I've hardly had any time to play recently either but I'm missing it haha. I'm torn between favourite characters though; Zer0 is badass and a lot of fun to play but Gaige is so fun and quirky and her action skill can often be a life saver. I think Zer0's more fun to play as but Gaige is a cooler character in general. Desperate to try out the Psycho though, what do you guys think about him so far?

Nova
September 29th, 2013, 12:24 AM
I managed to get Salvador to 72 and now i wanna reach OP lvl 8.

The Psycho, i dunno he is pretty awesome but Silence the Voices... the melee is good but i hit myself so many times that it is ridiculous, i lost my interest of playing with him :(

EDIT: I just bought BL2 for Steam too :D
Just dont have the DLC yet, but ill become lvl 50 first :P