PDA

View Full Version : Netflix and other streaming services?

stiles
January 6th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Love em or hate em? I don't have cable in my room so I get netflix, it's amazing to me. I never watched enough tv to justify a huge cable bill. The price for Netflix and Hulu is amazing and you get these huge libraries of constantly updated movies and tv.

I don't watch much tv but these days when I'm going to bed at night it's great to wind down with a movie or tv series I like. The suggestion engine for Netflix is pretty good at finding me things I like as well.

Stormbringer
January 6th, 2013, 08:28 PM
I love my Netflix, I've had it since summer 2011. And yes, unwinding at night with a nice movie or a cool documentary with some snacks is great.

Squirrel
January 6th, 2013, 09:04 PM
My connection is rubbish so Netflix doesn't really work for me. It takes forever to load anything and then whilst it's playing its all buggy and skips so I stopped using it. I'll probably try it again some time if I get a new router or something, but for now it's just not worth it. I do love the idea though, being able to watch any movie at any time sounds wonderful <3

Toshiro.
January 7th, 2013, 05:57 AM
I don't have Netflix, but I want it. I used it at my cousins house once and it was awesome. I love how cheap it is also, definitely on my list of things to get this year.

Cordelia
January 7th, 2013, 06:23 AM
I love netflix -- we use it instead of bothering with a cable bill. I can't see living without it ;)

Esper
January 7th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Streaming is great. I still like having my own copies of particular movies, but just paying a flat fee for access to more movie and television that I could ever watch is great. I can try new things anytime without any downsides. I have netflix and while it doesn't have everything I would want it to, I kinda feel like eventually it will. Or if it doesn't someone else will.

hashtag
January 7th, 2013, 01:03 PM
I have both Netflix and LoveFilm (along with other TV catch-up apps such as 4oD and BBC iPlayer), I think they're brilliant. I mainly use them to watch films on as I'm not a huge fan of long series and if I do really like a series I will make sure to watch it on TV.

stiles
January 7th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Streaming is great. I still like having my own copies of particular movies, but just paying a flat fee for access to more movie and television that I could ever watch is great. I can try new things anytime without any downsides. I have netflix and while it doesn't have everything I would want it to, I kinda feel like eventually it will. Or if it doesn't someone else will.

Can't wait til the streaming services have basically any content you're looking for. I can see it getting that way, when netflix began it had next to no selection and people said it was gonna go nowhere - yet now it's making deals with disney for first dibs on its content.