PDA

View Full Version : Loading...please wait.

Kouzan
January 7th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Pretty simple question. How much patience do you have when it comes to waiting? Specifically when waiting in line or waiting for someone?

Urugamosu
January 7th, 2013, 06:56 AM
I usually try to avoid them, but I'm pretty patient. I just occupy myself with other things like having conversations with others or checking my phone till I reach the end. When waiting for somebody, I just use my phone.

Talli
January 7th, 2013, 08:39 AM
I'm on a posting streak

I can safely say I have no patience in any of these things you mentioned.

Correspondence
January 7th, 2013, 08:45 AM
I can probably wait in a line for about an hour or so.If its longer than that i'll probably go crazy.

outfox
January 7th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Not much, but I keep my attitude in check. When I haven't brought a book with me to pass the time, I start texting haikus and pictures of odd things happening around me to people. No one ever texts me back when I need them to, though ;(

The Sly Fox
January 7th, 2013, 09:52 AM
I hate to admit, but I have very little patience. Especially in lines. I think an hour is the most I can handle waiting in a line before getting annoyed. I've tried to become more patient, so its a work in progress for me.

PlatinumDude
January 7th, 2013, 09:56 AM
I'm between patient and impatient, but leaning towards impatient because people tell me to wait a lot.

Black Mage
January 7th, 2013, 10:02 AM
I'm very patient when it comes to real life waiting. I can sit there for hours. But when it comes to the internet, I'm so freaking impatient. Thank God it provides other distractions to keep your mind off the dumb loading screen. >:<

Crux
January 7th, 2013, 11:00 AM
I can wait for rather long periods, but I really despise doing as such.

Paitence isn't a virtue, it's a waste of time.

⊗Slenderman⊗
January 7th, 2013, 11:49 AM
I'm pretty impatient. :x
I before have sent prank texts while waiting in a store. That resulted in them threatening to call the cops...

I am especially impatient if it's something I'm excited for or nervous about. :x If it's the latter, I'd rather just get it over with.

LilJz
January 7th, 2013, 12:13 PM
if I'm waiting in line, I'll wait for as long as it will take. If I'm waiting for a person, I would wait maximum 30 minutes. If they're not here by then, screw them I'm leaving.

Cordelia
January 7th, 2013, 01:37 PM
It matters really, sometimes I'm rather patient and other times I'm just like GET OUT OF MY WAY! Especially when I'm going through a drive-thru and it takes forever :( Like the person in front of me takes a long time with their order... I'm like ffs, let's get going here people!

Cadance
January 7th, 2013, 01:45 PM
I'm patient online and offline. I can wait for something for a long time. But there are times when it's something I'm anticipating, my patience level is down to negative one. xD

Brynjolf
January 7th, 2013, 04:49 PM
I am patient when waiting for animals/humans, but when something takes forever to load I go nuts. I want to play my game, damn it!
Usually I have this issue with Skyrim, because I like to fast-travel by map a lot and it gives me a loading screen with a picture on it. I need more entertainment than that! Aaaagh!

Brendino
January 8th, 2013, 02:52 PM
When it comes to waiting for something, I generally am pretty tolerant, because I know it'll come eventually. When waiting/anticipating something like a new release of a video game a few months down the line, though, I get impatient pretty quickly.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
January 8th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Waiting is just about the worst thing in my opinion. I hate waiting and I have very little patience. I am a firm believer in "time is money" and neither is something I like to waste.

Waiting in line is tiring on me physically but waiting on the phone drains me mentally.

♣Gawain♣
January 9th, 2013, 05:51 AM
I'm trying(or doing) my best to develop my patience. 'Cause I'm the kind of guy who's on the rush.

pikakitten
January 10th, 2013, 01:23 AM
I'll try to be patient, if it's something simple but if it's something like my birthday, like come now come now come now come now xD I tend to be pretty patient but too long and I'll just leave xD

Cosmotone8
January 10th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Honestly, it depends completely on how much sleep I got the night before/how good a mood I'm in. If I got no sleep the night before, I'm normally very impatient.

TRIFORCE89
January 10th, 2013, 02:24 PM
I'm fine waiting when there is a noticeable (and in my mind, valid) reason for the wait. When there is not, I get cranky.

Kura
January 10th, 2013, 03:13 PM
I'm fine waiting when there is a noticeable (and in my mind, valid) reason for the wait. When there is not, I get cranky.

This! If the waiting is justified! Even still, I get frustrated waiting both online and offline! ;o; Probably get more impatient online.. but more frustrated offline.

Aquanova
January 10th, 2013, 06:16 PM
It depends on what you have to wait for. If Im waiting in line, Im usually pretty patient. If its something on the computer that is taking forever, I usually grow impatient, I can't stand lag.

Eucliffe
January 10th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I can be terribly impatient or rather patient depending on the situation. Typically, I'm more patient than I am impatient and can wait quite some time before giving up or getting annoyed. However, when it comes to the internet and waiting for websites to load, I give them a few seconds (maybe more if I know it's typically slow loading) and if they still haven't loaded I get really annoyed |D;;

Sammi
January 10th, 2013, 09:37 PM
9 times out of 10, I'm patient. There's usually a good reason for the waiting. Time seems to be going by pretty quick lately anyway. A few days/weeks/months isn't so bad to wait. The only time I'm super impatient is if I reaaaaaaaally want it. And even then sometimes it's not so bad.

But I really want Pokemon X and Y already. October feels so far away!! :(

Stygian
January 11th, 2013, 03:39 AM
Unless if I have something to do for the mean time, then yes, I am very impatient. I really hate waiting, I don't see how someone could be so patient after a long time of waiting.

Hikamaru
January 12th, 2013, 04:49 AM
I get impatient when waiting a lot, especially if it's an extremely long time.

Katholic Nun
January 13th, 2013, 02:10 AM
I have a very generous but strict methodology to waiting. If I'm meeting somebody out and they're late, I arrive and I'm usually five minutes. When my clock turns to the time we agreed to meet, they then have 30 minutes to show up. If they haven't shown up by then, I considering the arrangement cancelled and I go home.

Heartouch
January 13th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Usually I'm patient when getting on line, but when I'm online, that's another story because I won't wait if the connection freezes for no reason.

Skylands
January 13th, 2013, 06:08 PM
If I have someone to talk to while waiting in line, or have something to occupy myself with, it isn't so bad. If neither of these things are present, I can last a few hours. It rarely occurs where I must wait in line more than 3 hours to get somewhere, so.

Sweets Witch
January 13th, 2013, 09:59 PM
I'm extremely patient in public because it's just fun to be out and about. Sometimes at the store I'll get in one of the longer checkout lines just to have those few extra minutes of peace. The same's not true in private, though. It's okay if I waste my own time, but I'm not a big fan of other people wasting my time since I do my best to not waste theirs.

Hannah
January 19th, 2013, 03:52 AM
I am the most patient person you'll ever meet. Seriously.