PDA

View Full Version : And My Blue Jeans Need A Patch...

Crux
January 7th, 2013, 11:12 AM
So, you just put a hole in your jeans... what do you do?
Get a patch? Throw them out? Wear them even still?

Sydian
January 7th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Depends on where the hole is. I generally keep wearing them though.

LilJz
January 7th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Depends how big the hole is, if it's like a knee size hole, I would still wear it. If it gets bigger, then I would probably throw it :P

Although I don't even wear jeans, I only wear sweat pants. I do have one pair of jeans tho in case it's raining outside haha.

Kura
January 7th, 2013, 11:39 AM
I'd sew it up :3 I can be a pretty handy woman! If it's something leather/ has lining/ needs major alteration, I'd bring it somewhere to get done properly on an industrial sewing machine :3 Or if it's old and worn, make something else out of it or throw it away.

⊗Slenderman⊗
January 7th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Wear it anyway. :x
Sometimes that goes badly, though. I forget that it's there and end up losing skin from my knee.
If it's on the knee, that is. I don't mind small holes, but once my foot starts going through it, it starts to bother me. T: I can't wear jeans with big holes, even around the house, because it bugs me too much haha.

Sassy Milkshake
January 7th, 2013, 12:10 PM
If it looks stylish I continue to wear it haha. Besides, I have no ability to sew or repair anything.

Talli
January 7th, 2013, 12:27 PM
*C Talli will anwser thread*

I'd would put them in a chole recyle bin as I can't wear stuff if they have a hole in them even if they've been mend.

Esper
January 7th, 2013, 12:43 PM
If it's jeans and the hole is small/not in a bad place I'll wear them when I'm at home. If it's worse than that I'll try to fix it, that is, get someone else to fix it. I wouldn't get rid of something unless it was already on its last legs.

Doppelgänger
January 7th, 2013, 01:18 PM
If the hole is small and not like huge and completely noticeable, I'd keep them. If its huge and can be noticed easily, I'd ditch them. Also depends on where the hole is!

Cordelia
January 7th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Also depends on where the hole is, but usually I like to wear nicer jeans so I probably wouldn't wear them except for cutting the grass or something like that.

Axeliira
January 7th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Like many people here, I'd still wear the jeans, but depending on *where* the hole is, no matter how much some people I know (who are really big fashion police officers aka my mom) really hate holes in their jeans.

Sora
January 7th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Depends on where the hole is. I've recently had to throw out two jeans because huge holes developed on the back right underneath a back pocket. Not exactly a good place. But around the knee or something I'll keep it until it is on its last legs.

The_Consumer
January 7th, 2013, 04:06 PM
I have a hold in the pocket of one of my pants. I wear it every second week and I've just gotten used to not safely securing my iPod or anything expensive inside of that particular pocket. I use the pocket on the other side of my pants instead :P

Sammi
January 7th, 2013, 04:23 PM
I almost never throw out my clothes; I just won't wear them. D:

Holes in the knees, I might wear them in public a few times, and around the house if need be. Anywhere else, bury them into the back of the closet and forget they're broken.

Brynjolf
January 7th, 2013, 04:42 PM
If the hole's below my knee I don't care.
I have hideously white legs, so anything above my knee looks like baby-butt lol.
Most of the time I don't give a rat's ass about my clothes, though.

Patchisou Yutohru
January 7th, 2013, 09:51 PM
I think I look hot in ripped jeans, so I'll keep 'em.

Cherrim
January 7th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Depends on the hole. If it's too big, I'll just donate the jeans and buy a new pair when I can. I hate rips in my jeans. If it's small enough, though, I'll try to deal with it. :/ I ripped a brand new pair of jeans on a wooden pew a few months ago and the rip is really small in the knee so I had to keep them. (I don't buy new jeans often and I'd just gotten these ones two weeks prior--no way was I giving them up so quickly. ;_;) I'm also not really one for patching because it would never be an exact match for the denim and I'd feel the patch so... oh well.

Brendino
January 8th, 2013, 02:51 PM
It really depends on the size and location of the hole, I guess. Generally, I'll still keep my old, tattered jeans and just wear them around the house or something, but if holes start to become noticable, I just toss them out.

outfox
January 8th, 2013, 04:02 PM
I have a portable sewing machine for that very reason. If it can't be fixed, it goes in the fabric projects pile.

stiles
January 8th, 2013, 06:16 PM
I get rid of jeans sometimes just because I don't like em anymore. I'd probably just throw them in my dresser and use them as backup on a day when I haven't done any laundry lol.

PlatinumDude
January 9th, 2013, 12:06 PM
None of my jeans have holes, but if I get a hole in one, I'd get a patch for it.

vaporeon7
January 9th, 2013, 04:28 PM
I have put so many holes in my clothes, I often just get some needle and thread and sew it up myself. Although I have been known to just patch it up with duct tape before.

Aquanova
January 9th, 2013, 07:30 PM
I dont think that's ever happened to me. I would probably still wear them if it was just a small hole,I might patch it, if a big one, Id have to throw them out.

pikakitten
January 9th, 2013, 11:51 PM
So, you just put a hole in your jeans... what do you do?
Get a patch? Throw them out? Wear them even still?

It's never happened to me but if it did, it depends on size and area, a big hole anywhere, I'll throw it out, a small hole near my you know what, and it's in the garbage xD

Cosmotone8
January 10th, 2013, 02:01 PM
I can't stand holes in my jeans, and I'll just throw them out after they rip.

TRIFORCE89
January 10th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Get a new pair and hold onto the old pair to donate when those "would you like to donate old clothes" people come calling around the holidays

Sodom
January 12th, 2013, 05:38 PM
I have shirts with holes in them and shoes that are coming apart and I still wear them lol. I hate shopping for new clothes and I have no ability to fix them so that's really the only option available to me :P.

Mochi
January 12th, 2013, 06:02 PM
I'd rip more holes in it. I don't like ruining a good solid pair of jeans but if they start to fray on their own then awesome, that's open territory for me to get creative with making my own destroyed jeans cx

Unless the hole is in the crotch or butt then no... But I'm okay with it being in the upper thigh area and anywhere below.

Nearsighted king of Ice
January 13th, 2013, 02:32 AM
I'd wear it and pretend the hole is a design.

Hikamaru
January 13th, 2013, 02:53 AM
I'd throw them away given my massive hate towards denim.

Hannah
January 13th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Hm. Depends on where the hole is. If it's in a 'red alert' section, I'd throw it out, but if it's just a hole in the knee, that would look cool.