PDA

View Full Version : Heyo

kj3400
January 9th, 2013, 11:54 AM
So....Hi.
I've been registered here since March, but today's the first day I've decided to get involved.

You can call me Kenny, I suppose. I've actually grown up with Pokemon. My first Pokemon game was Red, and I've played at least one game from every batch that's come out since, except for Black/White 2, which I'm soon going to remedy :P

I hope to have some fun here, cuz what's better than Pokemon? Not much.

I've played enough Pokemon to wonder what it would be like if I made my own game, so I'm going to try that. Wish me luck!

Arx
January 9th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Welcome to PC Kenny! I started to play since FR/LG and i still don't have B/W2. That means we're almost in the same boat. If you would like to make your own pokemon game, check the emulation or game devlopment section if you want to make a rom-hack or a brand new game. You can also check the Metal/Color section to talk about the 1st gen games. Anyway, welcome here and i hope you have fun with us!

tabor62
January 9th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Hey there kj3400, it's never too late to become active. I myself registered in 2008 and only became active 4 years later.

So which Gen IV and V games are you playing currently? If you need any Pokemon, swing by the Trade Corner (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=161). We don't bite you know :)

If you would like to learn the inner workings of ROM hacking, heae over to the Emulation (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156). There you can find help, tips, and guides for you to use. I play ROM hacks myself so I look foward to seeing your idea in there in the future.

I hope you've been enjoying yourself here.

kj3400
January 9th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Thanks guys!
ROM hacking looks a little complicated, but I've done harder stuff, like say Calc 3 XD

I'm a little confused at how the Trade Corner works. I haven't had a physical copy of a Pokemon game since 2008. So how would that work?

tabor62
January 9th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Thanks guys!
ROM hacking looks a little complicated, but I've done harder stuff, like say Calc 3 XD

I'm a little confused at how the Trade Corner works. I haven't had a physical copy of a Pokemon game since 2008. So how would that work?

Unless you have a flash cart or the actual game, the trading can't be done, sorry ):