PDA

View Full Version : These drinks taste exactly the same!

LilJz
January 10th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Is this Pepsi or Coca-Cola? Sprite or 7up? C Plus or Crush?

Can you tell the difference between drinks that lots of people think taste the same? Or you think they taste all the same for you?

Sassy Milkshake
January 10th, 2013, 08:52 PM
I can't, especially all the carbonated ones, because I don't drink them frequently enough to know.

PikachuAddict
January 10th, 2013, 08:59 PM
I can tell the difference between Pepsi and Coke. Pepsi just tastes nasty compared to Coke.

TornZero
January 10th, 2013, 09:03 PM
There are definitely some drinks that I've tasted enough to know the difference between itself and another drink. I can even name different drinks by smell, too, but I can never really describe how they taste or smell.

Patchisou Yutohru
January 10th, 2013, 09:26 PM
I've never heard of C Plus or Crush, so I don't know about those, but I can tell the difference between Pepsi and Coca-Cola and Sprite and 7up.

7up > Sprite
Pepsi > Coca-Cola

Dr. Pepper >>>>>>>>>> Pepsi & 7up

Sammi
January 10th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Generally, yes. Especially with the lemon-lime sodas. My preference goes 7up > Sprite > Sierra Mist. The last one is just a bit too sweet, I think.
Pepsi vs Coke, I'm not so good, but I can tell. Somewhat. All I know is Cherry Pepsi isn't the same awesomeness as Cherry Coke. :(
Orange sodas, I probably could, because I drink more Sunkist than I'd care to admit. Especially the difference between Sunkist and Fanta. Not sure about Crush, I've never had it.

The key of telling the difference is to try all of them, and more than once!

CarcharOdin
January 10th, 2013, 10:03 PM
It took me a while to get the difference between Pepsi and Coke.

Pepsi tastes better warm, whereas the opposite effect is with Coke. At least that's what I've determined after some years of drinking both at various temperatures.

Warm: Pepsi > Coke
Cold: Coke > Pepsi

I prefer my soft drinks cold, so I'm a Coke person. Not to mention I like the taste better.

Squirrel
January 10th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Pepsi is sooo much better than Coke, to me at least. Coke always leaves a funny after taste and it's always so sweet whereas Pepsi gets the balance just right. As for 7up vs Sprite, I drink both of them all the time and barely notice a difference so I'll have to agree with you there! Never heard of the last ones though. Ones that I do find really hard to differentiate are Tango and Fanta, but I'm not keen on either so that's no problem.

Sora
January 10th, 2013, 11:39 PM
Some more than others. With Pepsi and Coke though they are what they are: substitutes. I will take whichever one is available if I am in the mood for them. However, I am rarely in the mood for soda in general and when I am it is usually Orange Soda or Dr. Pepper I get anyways.

Astinus
January 11th, 2013, 12:39 AM
I can definitely tell a difference between Pepsi and Coca-Cola. I grew up drinking Coke, but once I started working I switched to Pepsi, and I prefer Pepsi now. Coke just feels really thick, leaving a film in my mouth, and has a weird aftertaste.

The other soda I can taste a difference on is Crush versus Fanta. I prefer Crush's orange over Fanta's. Again, Fanta (being a Coke product) just has a weird aftertaste, and the last time I drank some I felt sick. Crush is just more refreshing.

There's really no difference with the clear sodas, so I drink whatever I can get for those. (Although a local soda company makes the best lemon-lime soda I have ever had, and so I get that that when I want that flavor.) Probably because those aren't my sodas of choice. Pepsi is, so that's why I can recognize the taste of that more.

Talli
January 11th, 2013, 02:23 AM
I can defo tell the differant between Coke and Pespi, Pepsi to me is just flat coke so I drink coke now. As for other drinks like 7up and sprite I wouldn't know as 7up is hard to find in my town.

I'm allergtic to Orangade, Cherryade disagrees with me...

PokéZoom
January 11th, 2013, 06:59 AM
I can easily tell the difference between Pepsi and Coca Cola... Pepsi just tastes horrible.
While it's a bit harder for me to tell the difference between 7-Up and Sprite, I can still tell the difference.

As for C Plus and Crush, I've never heard of either.

Brizz
January 11th, 2013, 07:39 AM
I'm really not a cola person at all. Cola is my last choice of drink when it comes to soda with the exception of Sierra Mist natural. But if I have to choose between Pepsi or Coke, I almost always would go with Coke.

LilJz
January 11th, 2013, 09:29 AM
I prefer Pepsi than Coca-Cola, but I like Coca-Cola better when it's cold, it taste bad when it's warm :C

Also when I drink too much Coca-Cola, I get a slight headache, it's only with that particular drink that it happens, not really sure why..

⊗Slenderman⊗
January 11th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Some stuff I can tell a difference.
Other things I don't drink often enough to be able to tell. x:

Keiran
January 11th, 2013, 11:34 AM
I honestly can't tell a difference between any of them. But that might be because I rarely ever drink them. Anything without that fake sugar crap tastes fine, and all the same, to me.

vaporeon7
January 11th, 2013, 03:18 PM
I haven't drunk any of them in ages, so I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. When I did drink them, I don't remember being able to though.

Kura
January 11th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Is this Pepsi or Coca-Cola? Sprite or 7up? C Plus or Crush?

Can you tell the difference between drinks that lots of people think taste the same? Or you think they taste all the same for you?

I haven't had pop in ages (feel sick from it) but I think because of it, I'm really able to tell the difference. Pepsi is more sugary, coke more syrup-y, sprite is more lime-y, C Plus has more of a fake taste to me.

Yeah just my thoughts, but I can tell the difference.

Denny Hamlin
January 11th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Coke and Pepsi taste differently for me, Pepsi is a tad bit sweeter than Coke, and Sprite is sweeter than Sierra Mist or 7-Up. So, I pretty much know the difference to each of the sodas. xD

pikakitten
January 11th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Yeah mostly I can't tell the difference, I should try to find it xD

Brendino
January 11th, 2013, 10:50 PM
I can marginally tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi, but aside from Vanilla Coke, I don't have a preference of one over the other. Diet Pepsi and Coke taste basically the same though, and I seem to drink more of that than the regular stuff.

Any other type of carbonated drink, though, I can tell you the brand almost right away. Whether it be Root Beer, Citrusy (7-Up, Sprite, etc.) or something fruity (Crush, Fanta, C Plus, etc.), I seem to be able to recognize those flavors better.

Victini
January 11th, 2013, 11:16 PM
I can most definitely tell the difference between Pepsi and Coke. They taste 100% different to me.~

As for 7-Up and Sprite, I can only mildly tell the difference... I've never had C Plus but I guess I can make up my own comparison : Crush and Fanta Orange.
I can taste the difference slightly with those as well, and I prefer the latter. <3

... I have a pretty extensive soda palette (sadly) cause I drink wayyy too much of it. >/////>

Hikamaru
January 12th, 2013, 12:10 AM
I mostly can't tell the difference between the drinks, maybe that's why I drink both Coke and Pepsi lol :D

awolfsquared
January 12th, 2013, 12:15 AM
I can tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi and other sodas like 7-Up and Sprite. According to my little brother you can the difference between any soda by smelling cause all soda and drinks have a distinctive smell. So I've tried this whenever I misplace my drink with someone else's to tell the difference. And personally, I think Coke tastes better.

Sodom
January 12th, 2013, 08:44 PM
It's very easy for me to tell the difference. I can tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi - Coke being the clear winner out of those, and Schweppes Lemonade and 7Up are both much better than Sprite.

PikachuAddict
January 12th, 2013, 09:02 PM
What about the difference between diet and regular pop? I think that diet pop, no matter the brand tastes fake when compared to regular pop.

Nearsighted king of Ice
January 13th, 2013, 02:16 AM
I can differentiate their taste easily it's like a talent I have... when I was a kid I would even complain in restaurants that I didn't get the drink I want.

Cassino
January 15th, 2013, 11:39 AM
I can tell differences, but unlike most folk that can, I don't particularly dislike any among name-brands.
I don't like diet versions though, except Pepsi Max.

Sweets Witch
January 15th, 2013, 11:53 AM
I can tell the differences between diet and regular, but I don't mind one more than the other. Brands, on the other hand, all taste the same to me unless it's this one specific store brand of cola that I could identify at any time because it tastes like someone put vinegar in it.

Playful_Weasel
January 15th, 2013, 12:01 PM
I can tell the differences on some by taste, depending on the amount of sugar it has, if it has too much it will taste way too sweet, and I won't like it

• Pepsi or Coca-Cola? - I prefer coke, not to sweet, I prefer diet coke, but when there isn't some I'll drink regular. Pepsi is way too sweet, from all the added sugar it has

• Sprite or 7up? - again, 7-up is a bit too sweet for me same with Sprite, on these two I'll take Sprite over 7-up, but comparing the lemon-lime flavor, I prefer Sierra Mist Natural

• C Plus or Crush? - no comparing - I never heard of C PLus, I know that Crush has differen flavors (some are like Grape and Orange) - I love the Orange flavor

Hannah
January 19th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Coke and Pepsi taste absolutely the same to me, tho I don't drink much of Pepsi so I'm not sure.

Correspondence
January 19th, 2013, 04:08 AM
I can usually tell the difference between the ones you mentioned.They actually have different taste of about 10%-ish.

Mr Cat Dog
January 24th, 2013, 03:33 AM
Oh lordy yes. Out of the Coke-Pepsi bifecta and all of its subsidiary drinks (Diet, Zero, Max etc.) the only one I like is regular Coca-Cola. And I can definitely tell the difference between that and Pepsi: at least in the UK, Pepsi is much sweeter. Diet Coke just tastes of chemicals, which makes sense as something has to replace the sugar. Coke Zero tastes of this weird hybrid of Diet and Coca-Cola, which makes sense given that it's supposed to taste the same as Coca-Cola due to its male advertising as men hate the word 'diet'. As for Pepsi, while it's disgusting anyway, I can't actually tell the difference between regular and Diet Pepsi. Pepsi Max, however, is probably what they serve to people in hell. Already tainted by the probably patented Pepsi sickly sweetness, Max serves to exacerbate the horribleness by putting craploads of citric acid in, making it even more unbearable to drink.

So... yeah. I've given this quite a lot of thought over the years and haven't had any of them for over a month. Kinda craving them now! :P

♣Gawain♣
January 24th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Pepsi tastes a bit sweeter than Cola, and Cola has a stronger kick than Pepsi. The others? Can't tell.