PDA

View Full Version : Howdy.

Miss Anne Thrope
January 12th, 2013, 01:31 AM
Hi there, I joined this website with the introduction of the Gen 6 starters, wanting someone to talk about them with (I have no Pokemon-fan friends other than my brother.)
So, here I am. I'll have fun talking with all of you guys, I'm sure.

By the way, I don't hate humans.

Heartouch
January 12th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Hi Miss Anne Thrope! I'm Wind Heart. Welcome to PC. Pokemon X and Y (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=256) discussions are in heat now. Enjoy yourself, and don't forget the rules! And what's your main interest in Pokemon now?

Jbsundown
January 12th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Welcome, Miss Anne Thorpe, to Pokécommunity!

As Wind Heart has already said about X and Y I suggest you go and join in the discussion there. You'll find many like-minded people there who want to discuss many things about the new generation.
As you're interested about the new game, why not check out the other threads in the 'Current Generation Gaming' (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=201)section.
I am sure that you will make many friends here and find new things to participate in! If you've got a question, or just want a chat, then be sure to send me a message! Or visit the 'Adoption Center' (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=289636).

All the best,
- JB

Sheep
January 12th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Good thing you don't hate humans as the forum is full of them, haha. But anyway, a big welcome to the forum, Anne! Great to meet you; I'm Cirno, one of the many members you'll see around here. ^^

Glad you've already been discussing away over at the X and Y section - that's a good start! A lot of us are super excited over the news since these games are unlike anything Pokemon has ever had before. The switch to 3D might take some getting used to but it is quite a welcome change in my eyes. <3; Hope you've been enjoying discussing things over there so far, but have any plans to perhaps branch out into other sections? I started mainly with Other Voting Polls upon joining but then bounced around to other sections and was very glad I did. I'm sure you'd have just as much of a pleasant experience if you did the same. But even so, this is a wonderful place, so regardless of your reason for being here, I hope you have a great time! Your experiences are all on you.

But I'm sorry to hear you have no other Pokemon fans to talk to, a lot of people are in the same boat from what I can see. D: I have some friends who are into it but most of them don't really keep up with the games anymore much less get super excited when a new main series one is announced. Good thing there's always the 'net and places like these to help you rekindle your Pokemon love and find other fans. We're rather lucky in that sense!

Hope you end up becoming an active member and remember to read the rules if you haven't already. Other than that, get postin' and haaave funnn! :D

Patrick
January 12th, 2013, 12:08 PM
I've seen you around, your user name is clever and stands out. Not like mine (it's barely clever in that only I get it, and even then it's not like hilarious or anything). You started the overrated/underrated Pokemon topic, yes? A good way to get things rolling, I'd say.

Also, at least you still have a family member to talk about this stuff with. My sister and I used to be bigger Pokemon fans in the past, and she dropped off during the 1st generation with the same kind of interest I hold now (though I think she still likes merchandise overall). It's only slightly frustrating, though, when you've known someone all their life, they know you, and they still don't seem to get what you really like most of all.

Like Cirno, my classmates are the same, except I'm in the same group. :| I had a really fun conversation about the Pokemon anime with my friend the other day, though. Good stuff.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll find some people to speak with. It might be hard at first, but eventually people will get to know your style, preferences, and really, about you in general. Those who are similar in personality or have similar interests will start to flock to you. Just be active in all areas, is all. You may find people in some sections you'd never see elsewhere!

I think this is the longest welcome I've ever written. Enjoy PC!