View Full Version : Hello all - back to PKMN after a long break!

January 13th, 2013, 6:46 PM
Hi all - last time I played Pokemon was Sapphire, then I couldn't afford a DS and almost 'grew out' of Pokemon (does anyone ever grow out of it?) until a friend bought me a second-hand DS a month ago when I was stressed with third year university exams. One month later, having somehow completed HG and White despite exams and seasonal preoccupations - and perhaps dropping down a few grades? We'll see... - I'm about to start White 2 and, finally and long overdue, Platinum. I started using a couple of competitive forums very briefly for a week, but after reading threads on here tonight, find this community to be exactly what I'm looking for. Everyone seems very friendly and I'm sure I'll enjoy it here.

I'm from England, studying literature and Japanese language (not really sure why) at university, and my favourite Pokemon is Togekiss. Can't wait to get a Landorus-T. Good to meet you all!

Starfire Dragon
January 13th, 2013, 7:30 PM
Welcome glad you joined Desiderata

I know how it is not to be able to afford a new game, I totally skiped the Ds & got Dsi/Black combo. Had to go back & play Soul Silver (still not finished) & just now starting Platinum too :) Still have to finish Black 2 as well. If you need any hard to get pokemon i suggest heading for the Trade Corner.

See ya around & again Welcome :)

January 13th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Ha wow I have a lot in common with you guys. I joined here back in October so I'm still fairly new but I was on a few years break from pokemon myself since my little bro lost my gba and all the games I had (Red, Blue, Gold, Ruby, Firered) and I didn't bother to get into the new pokemon games because I felt I had outgrown it. But I had been watching shiny hunting vids on youtube and it really got me wanting to play again so I went and bought a DSi and a copy of Soul Silver so I could shiny hunt on it and enjoy the nostalgia of playing in a remake of the old games. I guess it was meant to be because that same day I brought a brand new blue DSi and SS as my first game, I found my shiny Cyndaquil on it in less that 15 minutes! And that was all it took for me to get right back into it, been playing since that day. Right now I only have SS and Platinum (I actually haven't even started Platinum yet) but I have shiny hunting to keep me occupied, and I'm taking the time to learn all the stuff I missed with the new gameplay.

This is a good place to be for pokemon fans old and new though, so I'm sure yall will like it and make plenty of friends. If you need anything or wanna chat feel free to send a message. And most of all Desiderata and Starfire Dragon WELCOME TO PC! :D

January 14th, 2013, 12:29 AM
(does anyone ever grow out of it?)
I suppose not, as I am living proof of it, having presumably grown out of Pokemon multiple times. I always came back though, so I guess

Anyway, welcome to PokeCommunity! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun here and feel free to contact me if you need any help or if you simply want to chat (: