PDA

View Full Version : Friend Request Accepted!

Aquanova
January 14th, 2013, 12:43 PM
If you get a Friend request on a website like this do you accept it or not?
Do you say yes to all friend requests or not?
Do you generally send friend requests to people or not often?

I will sometimes get one here. Honestly, I prefer to only accept requests from people Im familiar with in other places because I feel most comfortable. I also generally do not send many, mostly because I am shy.

Esper
January 14th, 2013, 12:51 PM
I'll probably accept any friend request on PC. Any other online thing I'd be more hesitant to because of not necessarily knowing who it is, but on PC I can at least look at their profile and have some idea of who they are and there's not a great chance of my being spammed or harassed or anything since the forum is moderated.

Toshiro.
January 14th, 2013, 01:42 PM
I only accept requests if I somewhat know the person. If I have never spoken to them before, I deny.

Talli
January 14th, 2013, 02:04 PM
I'll only expect the friend request if we're spoken in an a PM.

Hikamaru
January 14th, 2013, 02:26 PM
I accept all friend requests, but if the user gets banned or goes inactive I will remove them from the list.

Patrick
January 14th, 2013, 02:39 PM
I'm still getting used to the system as being integrated into a forum, but I generally know the deal.

I suppose I tend to accept every request without really ever looking into why, though most of them are from people I spoke with or carry conversations with. I figure if there wasn't a good reason, they probably wouldn't've sent it. Seeing as I'm also still new here, I don't quite feel like I'm in a position to start sending them off, either. I'm still pretty nervous, though I'm getting more comfortable as the days pass.

So in short, as of now I'll accept anybody, though I'll question it if I have no idea why the request was sent, and I won't send any off right now due to shyness and general unfamiliarity.

Overlord Drakow
January 14th, 2013, 02:55 PM
I'm pretty selective about my friend requests. I follow the TOP 20 RULE which basically means that I keep only twenty friends on PC. So yeah if you're one of the twenty, feel honored that the Overlord recognizes you as an ally.

Dreg
January 14th, 2013, 02:56 PM
I'd usually look at their profile first before making a decision. It's a good chance I will accept the friend request, it would be rare if I denied it. Elsewhere, I probably wouldn't add them because I don't know who they are, and I can be quite wary.

CourageHound
January 14th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Since this is a forum we're all on cuz we all relate pokemon, i'm ok with accepting any freind request. But i usually like to get to know, or at least talk to the person first. I do usuually check their profile first if we havnt talked much.

I dont send freind request frequently, but just mostly to people i've talk to alot, or have something in common in the person we both recognised.

Sassy Milkshake
January 14th, 2013, 03:11 PM
I don't often get friend requests foreveralone, but if I do I usually accept them. There's no harm, at least in my opinion, in getting to know someone even after they friend request you.

Sableye~
January 14th, 2013, 03:19 PM
I usually only get friend requests from people I already know. Only one person I didn't know did...he sent a VM and a friend request. I replied and accepted it...we haven't spoken since then. x:

Osiris
January 14th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Chances are I'll probably accept a friend request if I was sent one, but I still usually check through their profile and stuff beforehand. Although, half of them aren't active on the site anymore (including one who I know in real life), so I might get around to deleting them eventually.

Sammi
January 14th, 2013, 04:43 PM
I accept everyone, but hardly add any myself. I just wait for everyone else to do the work. ;) There's only been a few times where I go "they aren't on my friends list??" and have added them myself.

I'm not picky with my friends list, because I don't see it as a huge deal. It's a list of people I like and have interacted with. It's like friends on Facebook, I guess.

outfox
January 14th, 2013, 05:02 PM
I'll accept anyone, under the assumption they're actually interested in being my friend. I undergo a spring cleaning every so often on my profile, just as a little fulfilling activity, and I rid contacts I don't really touch base with. Sorry if one of those contacts was you!

Pryze
January 14th, 2013, 05:21 PM
I'll accept whoever, if I have the slightest interest in getting to know them, I'll probably start talking to them.

Meganium
January 14th, 2013, 05:43 PM
I am veryveryveryveryveryvery strict when it comes to friend requests. If I get a random request out of nowhere, there is a 99.99999999% chance that I'll reject it. I only accept friend requests if I talked to the person via VM or PM AND if we established a connection between each other. I do tend to keep my friends list number as small as possible, and I do clean it out very often.

PokéZoom
January 14th, 2013, 09:00 PM
If it's a forum, I accept all friend requests while if it's something like Facebook or Skype, I rarely accept anyone even if I do know them... I'm pretty lonely on this forum, so send me a friend request if you accept them all too haha.

Noah Ridgewood
January 14th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Usually I accept anyone who adds me on here, but I usually prune my friends list every other week and remove people I don't really speak to. Only because I like keeping my friend's list as short as humanly possible without feeling like I'm losing people.

Alli
January 14th, 2013, 09:12 PM
I accept friend requests from people I've spoken to before. I tend to prune the list every 6 months and get rid of banned members or people I just can't remember talking to.

curiousnathan
January 14th, 2013, 09:14 PM
I'm not one to send friend requests, and I don't really receive that many. When I do receive friend requests though, most of the time I'm inclined to accept. Although, I might begin to prune my friends list to those who I only talk to on a regular basis.

Seki
January 15th, 2013, 01:51 AM
I will accept all my friend requests, and I don't really send them, unless I've been talking to this person via VM for so long and we're not really friends on PC, then I will.

pikakitten
January 15th, 2013, 06:41 AM
I normally accept most of mine, if I have one I normally know the person well enough xD I rarely send them because I don't find new people, if we're on the subject of welcoming people, then normally they go offline forever or they sent it to me xD

Katamari
January 15th, 2013, 06:53 AM
I'll accept any friend request, even if you've never talked to me before. The point of a forum is to communicate and make friends right? :p

However if someone doesn't stay in contact or goes inactive from the site they'll get removed but that hasn't happened yet cx

Urugamosu
January 15th, 2013, 07:02 AM
I always accept, It might be a potential friend! :)

Sheep
January 15th, 2013, 10:19 AM
I accept all of them but do clean out my list every few weeks or so since people tend to disappear. D:

Frostweaver
January 15th, 2013, 10:28 AM
I don't think I post or is very active enough to get much friend requests XD; But in the rare times that I get one, I accept it and try to keep things up with VMs and stuff XD

Cosmotone8
January 15th, 2013, 12:07 PM
I'm normally the one to send the request, not receive. But if I've chatted with the person a lot or even a little then I accept there friend request. If they go inactive, I get rid of them.

JayD
January 15th, 2013, 01:33 PM
I'll accept anyone here, since everyone looks friendly. But if it's on a social network site like Facebook, I'll wanna know who I'm adding and making sure he's not some random person from the middle east, Africa or Asia when I live in Canada.

Shining Raichu
January 17th, 2013, 06:09 AM
I accept all my friend requests and only get rid of people from my friends list if they get permanently banned because banned members on your friend list looks messy imo.

On Facebook I make sure I know the person, though.

I only send friend requests these days if I look at a person and think "hey I thought we were friends already I wonder why we're not!" lol

Synerjee
January 17th, 2013, 07:03 AM
If you get a Friend request on a website like this do you accept it or not? Do you say yes to all friend requests or not?
If it's on PC, I will immediately accept it. I love making new friends, so please add me as a friend if you know me or want to get to know me! :D If it's on sites like Facebook, I will only accept the request if I know the person.

Do you generally send friend requests to people or not often?
On PC, I will only send a friend request to people that I have talked with before. Otherwise, I normally won't send any; it's weird both for me and for the person.

Katalyst
January 17th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Nope. Only if I know said person.
This goes both ways - I'll only accept or send requests to people I know and talked to enough to consider them as such.

Evanlyn
January 17th, 2013, 04:08 PM
It depends on the website. If I got one on here, then yes! Or another forum or a gaming website; yes! But if I got a random friend request on Facebook, then no, because I keep that for only personal use, and mainly family & friends I've met IRL.

I don't usually send friend requests, I can't even remember the last time I did! But if I was to, then it would probably be to someone I could relate to or whatever.

Ephemeral Euphoria
January 17th, 2013, 04:11 PM
I'll accept them most of the time, just as long as I get at least 1 good conversation with the person.

Hannah
January 19th, 2013, 03:33 AM
I always accept someone's friend request, mainly because I love making new friends. Obviously.

Correspondence
January 19th, 2013, 03:46 AM
I'm pretty sure i've accepted all PC friend requests but i knew most of them and saw them a lot.I have sent a few requests myself to people i've talked to.

But i made the mistake of accepting friend requests from people i don't know in facebook and now it is an utter crapfest, the main reason i don't use it anymore.

Mr Cat Dog
January 21st, 2013, 05:45 AM
As harsh as this is going to sound, I think I've rejected as many friend requests as I have accepted. If we've spoken and get on reasonably well and you send me a friend request, I'll probably accept; if we haven't spoken all that much (or at all) and you send me a friend request, I'll probably reject it. I just don't want to give people the wrong idea that I'm their 'friend' when I'm probably, in all honesty, not.

Arcturus.
January 21st, 2013, 12:43 PM
I'll probably accept any friend request I get on PC, but don't send requests or even VM/PM people due to social anxeity.

Caelus
January 21st, 2013, 03:01 PM
I accept every friend request I get, even if I don't know who they are. I'm not that active here so I haven't received any in years and even if I did I probably don't have the time to make any new friends. :/

Sweets Witch
January 21st, 2013, 03:01 PM
There's no harm to accepting friend requests on here, so I'll do it no matter what. It's not like on Facebook where there's a ton of semi-personal stuff.

PlatinumDude
January 21st, 2013, 04:39 PM
I accept friend requests as soon as I get them.

Honest
January 21st, 2013, 04:39 PM
I used to say yes to anyone who came by.

Nowadays, I'm more on guard with who I accept. You won't believe the crap I've gone through.

Kura
January 25th, 2013, 01:21 PM
I add people; I mean.. why not, right? If someone wants to be friendly, then I see nothing wrong with that :3

Renpuu
January 25th, 2013, 01:47 PM
PC is one big happy family, so why not accept people ?
It's not Facebook, you won't get all these self absorbed crappy wall posts or YOU MUST LIKE OR SHARE THIS !
I usually just post randomly on people's profiles like Hikari10 !
If you don't like someone then don't add them or speak to them.
Right Kura ?