it dies and is reborn of the ash
to soar and be true to the wind.
but if it dies and is reborn with broken wings,
will it ever leave the nest?

if it were to try,
it would be shot down with an arrow more damaging
than one of metal and wood.
the arrow of lost hope pierces deeper than any other
its spirit along with its wings would be broken.
the ability to fly eternally lost.
these wounds don't heal...

[Technya]
February 1st, 2005, 05:26 PM
This one was also very lovely and speaks the truth. You're a genius.

<[HaZaRdOuS_EnIgMa]>
February 1st, 2005, 05:28 PM
genius is pushing it XD but i am glad that you like it, it means a lot, especially since you write so well.

[Technya]
February 1st, 2005, 05:35 PM
Nah, you're great. I write but mine tend to suck :P

Kyosuke
February 1st, 2005, 05:36 PM
That was good, a lot of emotion is invoved in this poem, based on a Phoneix and the mythical mystery surrounded by it. And when you mention love and arrows percing the wings that can't be healed, there is a deep signifigance behind that. Great job ^^.

But with this poem and many others you posted around the same time, its alot easier to make one thread, if its based on the same subject like love. Please do this next time in the future ^^.

<[HaZaRdOuS_EnIgMa]>
February 1st, 2005, 05:39 PM
yeah thanx man, i thought about the single thread thing after the fact and smacked my forehead XD thanx for reading it ^ ^

Kelsey
February 2nd, 2005, 05:38 PM
Awwwwwws, I love poems with phoenixes in them. <3<3<3

OK, this poem gave me a neat little picture of a majestic phoenix soaring o'er the land, pounding its mighty wings as it causes jaws to drop for all who see it.

Each day it soars from its nest with such a regal stance. Yet one day, the great and mighty phoenix is shot down. It had been betrayed. Its soul is shattered and its heart snapped in two.

This kind of heart wrenching betrayl is one kind that not even a majestic phoenix can be reborn from...

Awsome poem Mattie, keep up the great work! ^_____^

~Kelsey

Shana
February 2nd, 2005, 05:40 PM
I think it is very nice...good flow to it. ^^

<[HaZaRdOuS_EnIgMa]>
February 2nd, 2005, 07:12 PM
Awwwwwws, I love poems with phoenixes in them. <3<3<3

OK, this poem gave me a neat little picture of a majestic phoenix soaring o'er the land, pounding its mighty wings as it causes jaws to drop for all who see it.

Each day it soars from its nest with such a regal stance. Yet one day, the great and mighty phoenix is shot down. It had been betrayed. Its soul is shattered and its heart snapped in two.

This kind of heart wrenching betrayl is one kind that not even a majestic phoenix can be reborn from...

Awsome poem Mattie, keep up the great work! ^_____^

~Kelsey
i stopped believing in betrayal...now i just see it as "**** happens,get up and dust off " but yeah, i admit i was really sad when i wrote this a long time ago, but it's not one of my favorites...for obvious reasons...but i'm glad you all enjoyed it...

Kelsey
February 4th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Awwwws, I'm sorry that your poem had to inflict bad memories upon you. ;-; But, poetry has its sad times as well as happy. ^____^ I still really enjoyed this poem, it was really well written and the flow was perfect. ^o^ Nice work, once again Matt. ^^

~Kelsey

Dignity
February 4th, 2005, 07:25 PM
matt, i luv you and all... but this poem... eh... i think you can definetly do better... U_U sorry <3 origin

<[HaZaRdOuS_EnIgMa]>
February 4th, 2005, 07:30 PM
np, i think i can always do better, and you being honest with me pwnz XD

EvIL_CAjUN_CHIkIN
February 5th, 2005, 05:42 PM
That was a good poem...

Kinda depressing, but good nontheless...