PDA

View Full Version : PC Valentine's Day Poetry Contest!

Kyosuke
February 1st, 2005, 07:09 PM
Its now time to write that poetry for that special someone you admire or someone who gave you inspiration towards anything that helped improve your life in some way. Even if the person is not a member at PC, its still perfectly fine to write a poem based on your feelings towards a family member, a friend etc. It will be judged by the judges that are selected.

The only rules that apply here are:
1. It has to be about a real person that you admire, wheather it was inspiration or love. Not about your pet XD....sorry.

2. One entry per person

3. If you enter, it must be something that you wrote, and not someone else's work

4. If you are a judge, you cannot enter the contest

5. A maximum of 6 judges allowed

6. To be a judge you have to actully post a poem that appeared in the past XD.

To be a judge PM Jedi_Amara (not sure if shes entering or being a judge) or I to see if you qualify (you proberly will if you posted a good poem in the past, so don't worry ^^).

Judges so far:
LiquidThunder
DragonTrainer
Blue
flame_chi
KLS
Kelsey

The deadline is February 15th, so you have plenty of time to think and write it out. Have fun! ^^

DragonTrainer
February 1st, 2005, 07:10 PM
Can I be a judge? I had like a huge poetry thread back in the day :P

Ryoutarou
February 1st, 2005, 07:24 PM
*pokes head in* Hey me too, I had a rather large thread a while back, I wanna judge XD

Kyosuke
February 1st, 2005, 07:25 PM
Alright cool, I remember seeing some of your poetry in the past *adds to list* XD.

DragonTrainer
February 1st, 2005, 07:26 PM
So good, so fine, doo doo doo *butt thrust*

I need to write some more poetry :P

Ryoutarou
February 1st, 2005, 07:28 PM
I might wanna start a new thread XD But judging will be good ^^'*ends the night on a nice round post number*

Kyosuke
February 1st, 2005, 07:30 PM
Lol, thats what I call leaving on a "high note" XD.

All this poetry talk is making me want to post some poetry as well XD.

oni flygon
February 1st, 2005, 07:31 PM
I'm not supposed to be on the comp right now...but oh well...

To tell the truth, I'm not sure whether to be a judge or a contestant... I think I'll just try to be a contestant...

Miyu-chan
February 1st, 2005, 09:01 PM
So... do we post the poem here or start a new thread? xD;

Kyosuke
February 1st, 2005, 09:51 PM
Discussion and whatnot can go here, and the submissions are going to go in the submission thread for the contest..... as soon as I make it that is XD.

flame_chi
February 1st, 2005, 10:13 PM
can i be a judge? i posted some poems in the past

Kyosuke
February 1st, 2005, 10:28 PM
Yes flame_chi you can be a judge, I seen you post good poetry plenty of times before ^^.

Mr Cat Dog
February 2nd, 2005, 12:16 AM
I would have liked to have been a judge... but I'd also like to write one myself. Can we use poems we've already written, as 'Love is Conflict' would fit perfectly into this situation. ^_^

Kyosuke
February 2nd, 2005, 12:37 AM
Of course you can ^^. Any kind of poem will do as long you you write it yourself, and mean what you say in you're writing.

Mr Cat Dog
February 2nd, 2005, 10:43 AM
OK... I'll do that ^_^ (Oh, and you've spelt grammar wrong in your sig... o_O)

Ryoutarou
February 2nd, 2005, 12:16 PM
I thought that was an ironic joke? XD

flame_chi
February 2nd, 2005, 01:02 PM
thaxs for makin me a judge liquid thunder

Kyosuke
February 2nd, 2005, 01:15 PM
I thought that was an ironic joke? XD

Ya...that has to be it XD. I meant for it to be a pun.

You're welcome flame_chi, I'm sure you'll be a great judge ^^.

Kelsey
February 2nd, 2005, 02:16 PM
Ooooh, did you and JA think this up yourselves Lance? =3 I think it's a very cool idea! ^o^ Well, I think I'd rather be a contestant than a judge. ^____^ I shall begin working on a poem right away. ^________^

~Kelsey

Kyosuke
February 2nd, 2005, 02:28 PM
Well for the Valentine's day festival I decided to go and make this on the first of February. I thought it up myself, it was tough to make the rules and organize everything but it seem to all work in the end ^^.

I'll be looking forward to reviewing your poetry Kelsey ^^'.

KLS
February 2nd, 2005, 08:30 PM
LT, can i be a judge?
i've always enjoyed crotiquing people, and i'm sure i'll get a kick out of this one.

Shana
February 3rd, 2005, 04:16 AM
Could I enter? I have a song that I never showed anyone but the person it was for and it could work...

Kyosuke
February 3rd, 2005, 02:22 PM
Yes you can be a judge KLS XD, that makes 5 now...

Of course you can enter Star, it should be interesting seeing what you will submit ^^.

[Technya]
February 3rd, 2005, 02:40 PM
Just a question though. Where do we post the poems and when? Dumb I know but I just wanna make sure I got it right

Kyosuke
February 3rd, 2005, 02:45 PM
Its in the sticky "submission" thread underneath this one ^^'. You can post it whenever you are ready, but the deadline for submissions is on Valentine's Day (the 15th).

MegaDitto
February 3rd, 2005, 05:36 PM
I just posed my submit.Pepeares to get jumped.

Lady Pearl
February 4th, 2005, 08:15 PM
No jumping! Jump rope instead! xD

Lovely poems, Miyu-Chan, Shadow of Ash, Matt, and MegaDitto! I adored all of your poems. I'll be posting mine soon enough. ^_^

oni flygon
February 4th, 2005, 09:02 PM
I'll be posting mine after a few posted theirs...

Kyosuke
February 4th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Whenever you're ready Lady Pearl and oni flygon, there is *looks at calender* 10 days remaining until Valentine's Day XD.

<[HaZaRdOuS_EnIgMa]>
February 5th, 2005, 07:13 AM
well i can't wait to read the rest of the poems =3 and thanx for the kind words ^ ^

KLS
February 5th, 2005, 07:29 AM
I congratulate those who have the *cough*guts*cough* to post their poems, because i'm just letting all of you know i'm VERY strict and serious when it comes to poetry, but i wish you all the best of luck.

Shana
February 5th, 2005, 07:35 AM
Yes you can be a judge KLS XD, that makes 5 now...

Of course you can enter Star, it should be interesting seeing what you will submit ^^.
Yay, I can't wait to submit my work. ^^

mew42003
February 5th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Here Goes,AHEM : My love for her

My love For Her is Great
My love For Her is wonderfull
My love For Her is Something I need to tell her
My love For Her is the best thing I know...
My love For Her....

~James

MegaDitto
February 5th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Here Goes,AHEM : My love for her

My love For Her is Great
My love For Her is wonderfull
My love For Her is Something I need to tell her
My love For Her is the best thing I know...
My love For Her....

~JamesThis is the judding thread not the submission thread.Good poem though.

Lady Pearl
February 5th, 2005, 11:35 AM
I congratulate those who have the *cough*guts*cough* to post their poems, because i'm just letting all of you know i'm VERY strict and serious when it comes to poetry, but i wish you all the best of luck.
*lost her guts* Hopefully, I'll find them before Valentines. I have to trust myself on one poem for the contest. ><

KLS
February 6th, 2005, 01:02 PM
*lost her guts* Hopefully, I'll find them before Valentines. I have to trust myself on one poem for the contest. ><

don't worry, just do your best and you'll do fine, i'm just the Simon Cowell of Poetry.

Kyosuke
February 6th, 2005, 03:28 PM
If you're the Simon Cowell in this contest, I'll be the Randy Jackson XD.

KLS
February 6th, 2005, 03:37 PM
haha, sure but we need somebody to be Paula Abdul and then I can act strict and insult the living crud out of people.

oni flygon
February 6th, 2005, 04:13 PM
*imagines KLS in a plain black shirt and Lance randomly saying the word "Dawg"*

That would be weird...

KLS
February 6th, 2005, 04:35 PM

That would be weird...
haha yeah, now i have to sound kinda british.

Kelsey
February 6th, 2005, 04:40 PM
HOLD THE PHONE!! XD I decided I would like to be a judge instead, Lance. I'm going through severe writer's block right now. XD

~Kelsey

Kyosuke
February 6th, 2005, 04:45 PM

That would be weird...

Dawg.... you have to break that up in stanza form XD.

No problem Kelsey ^^, I'll add you to the list.

No more judges, thats six now.

oni flygon
February 6th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Now we found our Paula Abdul....XD

flame_chi
February 6th, 2005, 05:25 PM
dont worry guys
im a nice judge when it comes to poetry ^^

KLS
February 6th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Now we found our Paula Abdul....XD
I beg to differ, she will be Paula Abdul, not Paula Abdul....XD
*side note, man it's hard being mean*
(simon cowell of poetry),XD.

Kelsey
February 6th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Well, Paula's the nicest of the bunch, so in your face. XD But, I hate the way she does her hair sometimes. XP Well, the judging begins on Valentine's Day, right? I'll be gone most of that day, I have a field trip. ^o^

~Kelsey

Kyosuke
February 6th, 2005, 06:14 PM
No we judge after Valentine's Day, the 15th is the deadline for last minute submissions ^^'.

Dawg... XD

Kelsey
February 6th, 2005, 06:19 PM
All right, that's a Tuesday? Or Wednesday? I can't remember. XD Well, I'll be here to judge whenever I get here I suppose.

Oh, and note to everyone: READ MY POETRY AND NEW USERS RULES!!!!! Everyone's ignoring them. XD Mainly the people who break the rules. XD

~Kelsey

Kyosuke
February 6th, 2005, 06:29 PM
The 16th is on a Wedesday... two days after Valentine's Day incase you were wondering XD just kidding ^^'.

Don't expect to see a huge amount of views for rules, because people already know the usual rules that apply to certain forums so it dousn't get viewed very often.

Lady Pearl
February 6th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Have a fun field trip on Valentine's, Kelsey! ^^ I'll post my poem soon enough, may it be a second or may it be until February 14th at 11:59. We never know. o.o By the way, I'm the William Hung of Poetry.

KLS
February 6th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Have a fun field trip on Valentine's, Kelsey! ^^ I'll post my poem soon enough, may it be a second or may it be until February 14th at 11:59. We never know. o.o By the way, I'm the William Hung of Poetry.

lol, i should seriously make an "american idol for poetry" club.
*acts like simon cowell*
"you can't sing, you can't dance, so what can you do?"

Anacortes
February 6th, 2005, 09:43 PM
I just posted my entry there..what do you all think of it?

Kyosuke
February 9th, 2005, 03:50 PM
I just posted my entry there..what do you all think of it?

That was great Anacortes ^^'. You could really "feel" the words when you read that poem. Its easily seen thats its from the inside with your soft writing style about your first love, and how he will always have a place in your heart no matter what happens in life. Great job ^^

SIX MORE DAYS REMAINING FOR POETRY SUBMISSIONS!

Ryoutarou
February 9th, 2005, 03:50 PM
lol, i should seriously make an "american idol for poetry" club.
*acts like simon cowell*
"you can't sing, you can't dance, so what can you do?"Ohh...That could make a really good ongoing contest...have it run like ten weeks or something XD I can do the cute bunny face...That's what I can do! XD

Dignity
February 9th, 2005, 04:37 PM
LT, I will enter the contest, but I have a question. Valentine's Day is on the 14th, so why is this contest ending on the 15th? xD;; ~origin

Eliana
February 9th, 2005, 04:41 PM
*posted* =3 mine is terrible but whatever XD

Anacortes
February 9th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Eliana your is really good! Well at least it's better than mine..I think you'll win! ^^

Eliana
February 9th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Me? win?oO; its that good?

natsuki_okamoto
February 9th, 2005, 05:20 PM
hey, I was just reading the poems. Anacortes (preferrably Lashyina? dont copy plz) your poem was great and so were everbody else's. You'd always put stuff down though like your through with it and again everbody, your poems were great..!

Anacortes
February 9th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Ya..that was great..yours too XD (yes..i am her editor for writing)
but did you have to put that part..?
Great idea to add a bit of "chinese" in your poem..

natsuki_okamoto
February 9th, 2005, 07:29 PM
ya ur my editor but just the ones i got wrong or mixed up ya know

KLS
February 9th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Ohh...That could make a really good ongoing contest...have it run like ten weeks or something XD I can do the cute bunny face...That's what I can do! XD
*shows no emotions after the bunny face*
that was rather annoying.... so..... get out.
*after blue leaves*
awww, that was so cute...

Anacortes
February 10th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Blue thats a great idea..! When's it gonna start?
^ natsuki..uhhh...isn't that kinda off-topic?

MeLoVeGhOsTs
February 11th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Well I entered one of my nubish poems ^_^ I'm in for the fun ^_~

Anacortes
February 11th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Well that's not noobish. It's great, in one way. Not much emotion in it though..to me it's kind of like a poem you write in one minute..
I like short poems. They're easier to read. ;)

Shana
February 11th, 2005, 07:47 PM
I'm sorry but I don't wish to enter anymore...I lost all of my inspiration.

Kyosuke
February 11th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Sorry to hear your not entering Star *cries in corner* XD, sometimes it can be tough to find true inspiration that drives you to write.

Shana
February 11th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Thanks for supporting my decision. =/

Jeremy
February 12th, 2005, 03:25 PM
I submited a poem! It's not so good! XD I'm horrible at making poems, sweeties. :P

oni flygon
February 13th, 2005, 10:21 AM
I submitted my poem...hopefully everyone likes it...>.>

MeLoVeGhOsTs
February 14th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Well that's not noobish. It's great, in one way. Not much emotion in it though..to me it's kind of like a poem you write in one minute..
I like short poems. They're easier to read. ;)

This reply was for me, right?

Thank you. You'll never see me write a long poem. I don't like them. I like it quick and good. Nice and short;) The thing with short poems is. You have to build a good beginning, subject and end in just a few lines. It takes some time before I'm satisfied with a poem.

Lady Pearl
February 14th, 2005, 05:25 PM
LT or Kelsey, may I have the morning to fix up my poem? Pweasies? XD I hadn't expected all of this homework today and so I can get half of it done today and I'll be sure to finish tomorrow in the early morn. Thanks but if this is not possible, I'll be fine. ^^ Thanks and sorry for this concern. Me ish breakin' da' rules! ><

Kyosuke
February 14th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Its ok Lady Pearl ^^, the very last day is tommorow so you can post it whenever you are ready then.

Kelsey
February 14th, 2005, 06:15 PM
*sits on Lance's shoulders* Yuppers LP, you can have until tomorrow, which ish the deadline. ^^ Homework sucks to have when you wanna write a poem, I know. XD Good luck to you all! ^.~

~Kelsey

Anna-chan
February 14th, 2005, 07:22 PM
I got a question.. what do y'all think of my submission?

Lady Pearl
February 14th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Of course your submission is good, Keyblade Master! ^^ It shows a great deal of mental trust. I love everybody else's and they all have a good chance of winning. Wish you good luck and hopefully you had fun, poets! ^^ I'll post mine soon enough.

~Ozy~
February 14th, 2005, 07:40 PM
I just posted my own poem in the thread, please check it out. Ain't quite what I usually write, but I like playing around with poetic forms. My fifth attempt or so at serious haiku.

Mr Cat Dog
February 15th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Well, by the end of the day, the deadline closes, and the judging begins. ^_^ I'm so excited everybody. Everyone has a chance (including me XD), so good luck everyone. ^_^ Can I ask, how are they going to be judged upon? Do you have some criteria, or are you just picking which one's the best or something? o_O

Kyosuke
February 15th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Its just going to be judged by how well you did the poem, and the amount of effort thats seen to be put in it.

I have decided that there will be 1st 2nd and 3rd place for the best rated poems, and rep points to the people who participated in the contest as a consolation prize (not that it will make much diffrence coming from me XD).

But the only thing anyone can do is just try your best ^^.

Mr Cat Dog
February 15th, 2005, 01:42 PM
What... the judge with the highest rep gives first prize, then the judge with the second highest... and so on and so on. Well, sounds good to me at least ^_^ I just can't wait until the results ^_^

Lady Pearl
February 15th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Okie dokie. I've posted my poem! Good luck with your poems, all of the contestants! ^_^ Hope you had fun and once again, I'm last for submission. XD

O
February 16th, 2005, 04:55 AM
I guess I'm getting the consolation prize. Meep. Hope I get something though. If you win do you get a nice little banner that says WINNER Poetry Contest?

Kyosuke
February 16th, 2005, 05:14 AM
No, you just get the satisfaction of winning ^^.

Well this is it, thank you to all the people who participated, and wish you all luck.

*End of the contest*