PDA

View Full Version : Snow

Mr. Avocado
January 25th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Well, snow has been hitting the UK and a lot of other parts of the world now; just heard it's reached America somewhere...

So what do you think of snow? Love it, hate it? Why?

Discuss.

Alpha King
January 25th, 2013, 11:59 AM
SNOW IN MARYLAND omg ;;

I love snow it gives me excuses to be lazy so thank you God for this I will repay you. I mean I dislike being in the snow but love looking at it.

Denny Hamlin
January 25th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Never experienced snow in my life...except visiting the mountains. My hometown is located near the mountains, and when I was younger, my parents would take me to Oak Tree Village, which is the large community of apple trees. It snows there a lot, so we'd always enjoy the mountaintop views and hot apple pies. :)

At this point, it's been FOREVER since I've seen snow in person. In the town I live now, there are mountains nearby where you can visit to see snow, but the roads there are extremely dangerous to pass. So, authorities always closed them down and reopen them 24 hours after the storm passes through.

In my opinion, snow is lovely...even though I am very bitter about the cold.

Talli
January 25th, 2013, 12:13 PM
I hate when snows because life is put on hold because it.. and after about a day everyone just wants it to go away. so yeah snow is just bad

Sweets Witch
January 25th, 2013, 12:17 PM
I love it and it doesn't impede my life too much, so I don't mind when it snows. The problem's when it ices because ice and old people don't mix.

It's iced over, by the way.

Kura
January 25th, 2013, 12:30 PM
I like snow when it is a little bit and it doesnt cause traffic or public transit problems. It's the best when it is sunny and there is a bit of snow on the ground and it's all sparkly :3

I dont like slush or gross dirty snow or ice :ccc

Anna
January 25th, 2013, 03:39 PM
I hate snow. Snow gets in the way and is inconvenient. It melts down and refreezes and make ice which is awful. It piles up and restricts my movement. It means I can only wear like two of my pairs of shoes. It means it's really cold out. I can't stand the cold. And Minnesota places don't close for anything. Not even three feet of snow in a night.

Snow is gross and I wish it would go away.

⊗Slenderman⊗
January 25th, 2013, 03:47 PM
I like snow, I guess. Sure, car accidents and all that. But it looks neat and is a good excuse to chuck balls of ice at peoples' faces. (:

Mochi
January 25th, 2013, 04:03 PM
I like it! It's beautiful and I like when you can hear it crunching underfoot. I don't like ice, though. Or super cold temperatures. We got down to -15 F the other day and it was just plain bitter...

Seki
January 25th, 2013, 04:26 PM
The real question is... will it reach the equator?

I like snow, from the looks of it. After all... I HAVE NEVER SEEN SNOW IN MY LIFE.

Hikamaru
January 25th, 2013, 04:41 PM
I never experienced snow, mainly cos I live in a hot location lol :D

Sammi
January 25th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Loved it as a kid. It really is pretty and a lot of fun to play in, if there's a lot of it.

As an adult who has to go to work and hates walking on snow/ice, I wish it didn't snow as much. Or I guess it wouldn't be so bad if people shoveled their sidewalks, but not a lot of people do. :(

I am so glad it was in the high 40s F today and we got no snow ;~~~;

Brynjolf
January 25th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Love it so much.

We don't get snow much besides the sierra nevadas down here in SO CAL.. It has snowed like twice down here in the past 60 years. I love going up to big bear mountain and sledding down the snowy hills and making snowmen and stuff. I also love the cold weather.

LilJz
January 25th, 2013, 07:12 PM
It actually started snowing in Montreal since November, haha.

Montreal is a veteran with snow xD
We actually had 3 meters of snow until now and we're only halfway done with winter :D

I actually like snow pretty much. It's the cold weather that I don't like..

Hannah
January 25th, 2013, 07:22 PM
I have never seen snow. I live in a tropical country, and even though I have absolutely no chance of seeing a single snowflake, I am completely in love with the idea of building snowmen and making snow angels.

Sora
January 25th, 2013, 10:08 PM
I love snow, and I enjoy it. Though this is likely because I rarely see snow these days and when I do it is often during the holidays when I am out of state. That said, I don't have to have the burdens that snow brings as much as other. Ice on the other hand is another story. Slippery and can cause you to fall. Yep not fun.

donavannj
January 25th, 2013, 11:00 PM
I hate snow. Snow gets in the way and is inconvenient. It melts down and refreezes and make ice which is awful. It piles up and restricts my movement. It means I can only wear like two of my pairs of shoes. It means it's really cold out. I can't stand the cold. And Minnesota places don't close for anything. Not even three feet of snow in a night.

Snow is gross and I wish it would go away.

This this this. So true of where I am, which also happens to be Minnesota. The only thing that doesn't apply to me is the shoe thing, since I only have 2 good pairs to begin with.

awolfsquared
January 25th, 2013, 11:17 PM
I don't mind snow as long as it's in small quantities. We usually get about 4-5 snowfalls every winter and only get about 5 inches tops when it does snow. So we usually get just the right amount that snow never really bothered me. I really like looking at it and in the light it's pretty.

Doppelgänger
January 26th, 2013, 10:51 AM
I love the snow. It's so mesmerizing to watch when it falls. I love the sight of untouched snow on the ground. Snow is awesome, but the only downside to it is driving. Driving in snow is such a pain and a danger. But, if you dont have to drive in the snow, its something you should enjoy!

Dakota
January 26th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Yeah, it snowed last night here in New York City. As for my thoughts on snow, I don't mind it. It's fun to play in and even funner to throw at someone's face. It gets me sick, sadly D=

PlatinumDude
January 26th, 2013, 01:17 PM
I'm indifferent towards snow. While I haven't seen it much, given that I started to live in Canada, I like to savor the sight and feel of snow when it shows up.

Yoshikkko
January 26th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Hate it. It's not so mesmerizing and breath-taking anymore when you have it every year and it is nothing but inconvenient to you, and it's dangerous in traffic.

Overlord Drakow
January 26th, 2013, 03:27 PM
A little bit of snow is fine but yeah people die in these extreme conditions ya know. Freeze to death in homes due to broken heating or just collapsed in the snow and buried alive and such. It's like falling white flakes of doom from the sky!

Sodom
January 28th, 2013, 02:48 AM
I've never seen snow but I imagine it to be cold. So that's my opinion on snow.

Evanlyn
January 28th, 2013, 04:58 AM
I have never seen snow in real life. So I can't have a valid opinion.
But I love it anyway :P

Skylands
January 28th, 2013, 12:51 PM
I love and hate snow. Love it for delaying school every once in a while, hate it for delaying an important event. I also like snow because it makes everything look pretty, until it melts. I get to wear some of my favourite clothes and accessories in the cold too.

Caelus
January 28th, 2013, 04:26 PM
I think snow is alright. I live in Tennessee where a snow warning can get us closed (We've lost two days because they feared for snow when it never happened), but my hands get so cold when I touch it, even with gloves.

Honestly, if we didn't get out for snow I don't think I would like it.

♣Gawain♣
January 28th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Snow is good. I'm seeing it as a natural part of my life, from where I am. Dunno if I migrate to tropical parts of the world. I'd probably go crazy if I can't feel snow this time of the year.

Synerjee
January 28th, 2013, 11:25 PM
OMGGGG I LOVE SNOW!!!! xD xD xD Where I come from, I never see snow throught the year. My country's weather is hot all year round. The only time I can ever see snow is when I go overseas to a country with 4 seasons that snows. My most recent sighting of snow was about 3 or 4 years ago in Japan. My most memorable experience in my whole life <3 The moment I noticed it was snowing, I rushed out of the house like a rocket lolol xD The snow made everything look sooo pretty I never wanted it to melt. <33 oh, and did I mention I played tennis in the snow around Christmas/New Year's eve? When the clock struck midnight, 2 guys came out TOPLESS and only in shorts and lay on the snow! That was crazyyy! xD....Whoops, I got carried away, but yeah, that's how I feel about snow. :3

Brendino
January 29th, 2013, 12:45 AM
If I lived in a more rural area, I would absolutely love the snow. I much prefer cold to hot weather, snow is much better than rain and it makes it look beautiful outside, especially just after it's first fallen.

However, no one around here really puts any effort into shovelling their sidewalks or driveways, which basically leaves them like ice after it warms up a bit and re-freezes. Also, no one seems to know how to drive in the snow, so getting anywhere takes twice as long as it should. So, while I do love the snow, I'd say I have more of a love/hate relationship with it.

Cassino
January 29th, 2013, 01:08 AM
Snow is snow. Nothing to it. Nicer than rain though.

Urugamosu
January 29th, 2013, 01:40 AM
I've never seen snow. But what I've seen on television makes it look like it's a really nice thing to have.

Patchisou Yutohru
January 29th, 2013, 02:14 AM
I love snow, but it has to be perfect snow. It can't be walked in, unless it's by a small animal that leaves small footprints and stretches in a straight line or an interesting way throughout it. My feelings towards snow change dramatically when it comes to driving, though, when I just view it to be a huge inconvenience and want it to go away.

pikakitten
February 1st, 2013, 11:35 PM
I like it, living in Colorado is pretty cold and although I prefer warmth, I still like seeing it and messing with it at times xD

Mr Cat Dog
February 6th, 2013, 02:20 AM
I love snow so long as it's crisp, easy to walk on without messing up my shoes/jeans, is a good consistency for making snowballs/men and is gone without a fuss and loads of horrible slush within 2-3 days. I'm lucky in that I don't have to drive in it, so that part of it doesn't really enter into the equation for me, fortunately. Any other type of snow, I'm not a fan of, as it usually results in a slushy white mess all over the place, which is not pleasant to walk in!

Cosmotone8
February 8th, 2013, 10:19 AM
I reply to this as I'm on a snow day because its snowing like crazy outside, and yes, I do enjoy it. I love having fresh, powdery snow, but if its slushy or icy then its not very good.

Sheep
February 8th, 2013, 06:55 PM
I love it when I don't have to go outside. Being out in the snow is really hard since it can be pretty slippery and just a hassle to deal with. D: But looking out at it from your window at night will make me regret even writing those words, haha.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
February 9th, 2013, 11:49 AM
I hate snow. It reduces tire traction, increases stopping distances and reaction time, and in general makes the world a more dangerous place to live.

It's also quite messy.