• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi all!

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2013
Hello all I am fosilized

I just signed up on this forum to hear about talk about the new X and Y game. My first pokemon game was Ruby and I played each version to an extent until Black (1). I just went back to my old emerald and restarted and am having fun with that game right now.

I am thinking of getting a 3DS to play the upcoming pokemon and just wanted to say hi.

Also is there a forum here just to talk about "theoretical" [Like making up pokemon for fun?] pokemon here? Because I just got the fossil again in Emerald and while watching Jurassic Park it hit me - how cool would it be for a "Pre-historic Pokémon" region? Sort of like an "island lost to time" with several native villages and towns on it coupled with new cities being built up from settlers that came from other existing regions. Having a "pre-historic region" would allow for the creation of pokemon modeled after real (although extinct) animals once again and offer possibilities for cool new storylines [The villainous team Cambrian trying to spread these ancient Pokémon across the world and cause newer Pokémon to become extinct versus a ruthless team that believes all of the ancient Pokémon should not exist anymore and are a threat to the modern world]. Also would name the idea "Pokémon Amber and Amethyst" [You know, because fossils/or animal remains are found in them both]

A random idea I had above ^ that I thought it would be cool to write fan fiction about and draw Pokémon I could see existing in the region (Like velicoraptors, anyklosaurus, quetzalcoatls, sabre tooth tigers, dodo birds, terrorbirds, mosasaurs, Dolichorhynchops, Tasmanian tigers, Neanderthals, Onagers, etc) we could even see how existing fossilized and resurrected pokemon lived and would offer us a whole unlimited world of choices to use for pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
Welcome to PC, Fossilized! :3

If you're interested in X and Y, PC is a great place to get involved in, since our X and Y section's pretty active and will be for a long time to come. There's plenty of things to speculate about over there, so I'll be looking forward to seeing you arounf the section! As for your question, theories like that would probably fit best in Pokemon General. Just remember to browse through the threads in the first two pages to make sure nothing like that has been created yet, and I'd also suggest asking Toujours about it so she can have a say. She's the moderator of that section and will be able to help you out, so talk to her anytime! Also remember to read the rules over there; perhaps that'll clear up some of the confusion, too. I'm not exactly sure what her stance on it would be so I can't give you a definite answer.

If you're looking to write a fanfic and share it, though, stop by our Fanfiction & Writing section, too. They'll be glad to have you there! Make sure you link me if you ever publish it too, because I'd like to read it~ I love to read stories but it's hard to tell here on PC since I don't usually leave comments. Your idea sounds pretty awesome!

Anyway, you definitely need to get a 3DS. It's kind of hard not to with X and Y coming out in October so anyone who doesn't have one needs to go out and purchase one right now, haha. It'll totally be worth it! I was going to get a PSP but am so glad I didn't now, since otherwise I would've needed to wait goodness knows how long for a 3DS. Definitely a worthwhile purchase. <3;

So yeah... have a blast here all right! See you around and it was great meeting you!

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Hi, Fossilized!

Cool name! Welcome to PokéCommunity! Glad you decided to join! You should definitely, positively get a 3DS so you can play the upcoming X & Y games! So far, they look like they're going to be great, and I don't think Nintendo will disappoint. Plus, it's the first Pokémon games for the 3DS console, so who knows what features offered on the 3DS GameFreak will take advantage of!

I see you have a very creative mind! I personally love Jurassic Park and have all three movies on DVD. I have to have my "Jurassic Park re-run marathon" like every few months because I love those movies and love watching them over and over again. :p Anyways, like Cirno pointed out, there are quite a number of forums you could utilize to post all your fan-fiction and stories in. Your ideas sound interesting, and if you do decide to post any type of fan-fic or drawing or anything, let me know! I'd be super interested in looking at your creations! It would definitely be cool if we had a Jurassic Park type region in Pokémon, wouldn't it? :D

Hope to see you around!

Back