PDA

View Full Version : Pants On The Ground

Vital
January 29th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Ah, that short craze was what, 5 years ago?

Anyhow, the song didn't really do to change much, but these days, a new fashion sense has developed that kind makes me want to puke. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about lucky you, pants on the ground, or "Sag" as it has been referred to is when your pants are below your waist to the point where you're underwear is showing. Basically you're showing off your butt covered with cotton. As far as I'm concerned, it's a guys thing, cause I haven't noticed any women doing it.

Anyway, what are you're opinions on "sag". Stupid or just misunderstood? And have you tried it? I'm interested to see how the opinions differ by gender, this should be fun.

And for the record, I think sag is stupid.

Crux
January 29th, 2013, 03:20 PM
My god I hate it when people do that!

For everyone who's not heard yet they make these cool things called 'Belts' that hold your pants up, you should really make an investment.

Evanlyn
January 29th, 2013, 03:38 PM
I think it's stupid. I spent a week on a ship with a guy who did that. It was just plain horrible & stupid.

LilJz
January 29th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Before, it used to be huge baggy pants with their butt showing, now it's skinny jeans with their butt showing. I just find that quite stupid and most of the time I actually see people with belt who STILL do it. What's the point of your belt if it's still falling..? If you're going to show your butt that much might as well just not wear any pants at all.

daigonite
January 29th, 2013, 03:47 PM
It's just really dumb. That's all I can say about it.

⊗Slenderman⊗
January 29th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Supposedly, that's how men in prison show that they're looking to find themselves /ahem\ a 'boyfriend'. So it's actually kind of amusing. Though aside from that, it's just annoying. Please pull your pants up.

AWsquared
January 29th, 2013, 04:03 PM
I hate people who do this. And over the way it's gotten worse. It's been going on since at least the 90s and I'm pretty tired of this trend. I don't get the people who wear a belt and yet sag cause it looks stupid. I'll be glad when this trend ends.

Moogles
January 29th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Supposedly, that's how men in prison show that they're looking to find themselves /ahem\ a 'boyfriend'. So it's actually kind of amusing. Though aside from that, it's just annoying. Please pull your pants up.

Good lord no. That sounds like some sort of urban myth if anything. Male/Male relationships in prison are based on the abuse of power and a bunch of other factors.

I have a pair of jeans that sag a little. I didn't purposely buy them because of that. I bought them because they're a comfortable pair of jeans. Then again, they don't sag as far as those people who are practically showing their whole butts.

Brynjolf
January 29th, 2013, 04:59 PM
My god I hate it when people do that!

For everyone who's not heard yet they make these cool things called 'Belts' that hold your pants up, you should really make an investment.

Ahahaha! Pssshhh..

I see a guy every day who wears at least FIVE ******* belts, and STILL sags his pants to his knees.

FIVE. BELTS.

AND HE STILL SAGS.

:(

TornZero
January 29th, 2013, 07:27 PM

"Dude, are you gay?"

"What?! Hell naw!"

"But your pants are sagging."

"So? It's cool! It means I'm a G."

"It means you're looking for a butt****, probably from a convicted felon. >_>"

That oughta scare 'em into pulling up their pants.

Ahahaha! Pssshhh..

I see a guy every day who wears at least FIVE ****ing belts, and STILL sags his pants to his knees.

"Why are you wearing a belt if your pants are still sagging?"

"So nobody can pull 'em up."

But, yeah, I find it very disgusting, and I hope that this trend will die as soon as possible.

PenguinStorm
January 29th, 2013, 07:43 PM
I don't get the deal with it It honestly looks stupid

Hikamaru
January 29th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Oh god no... it looks stupid and I would never do it myself at all.

Sweets Witch
January 29th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Good lord no. That sounds like some sort of urban myth if anything. Male/Male relationships in prison are based on the abuse of power and a bunch of other factors.

You are precisely right on both accounts.

My brother used to do this, but he wouldn't even wear boxers underneath. There was like this buffer layer between pants and boxers and it was usually a pair of gym shorts. I never understood that. It was like at any time if the weather changed he could kick his pants off and be ready to embrace the sun.

droomph
January 29th, 2013, 09:35 PM
I don't try to do it, but I distinctly remember that I have bowel problems when belts are pinching my tender area so most of my pants are at least medium sag. And that's because I'm a size 30 and all the "high-end" (ahem, walmart is the cutting edge in fashion dammit) stores only go from 31. fatass

So it's fine, ONLY if you're under size 32 and have issues with belts.

And don't think I'm a hobo for wearing grocery store pants, they're jeans and I honestly couldn't tell if it was made with unicorn tears by a ripped Levi Strauss being entombed by hot women. Same goes for my shirts.

Aeon
January 29th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Wait... people still do this? I remember this being the 'cool thing' at school about 8-9 years ago, but not too long after that I never heard about it again. My brother does it, but he's usually wearing basketball shorts underneath. I like to wear baggy jeans (in winter especially, it's like a blanket!), but come on, now.

TornZero
January 29th, 2013, 11:21 PM
They still do it, Aeon. It just. Won't. Die.

Squirrel
January 30th, 2013, 12:34 AM
Depends on the guy's butt tbh Nah this 'style' isn't great. I don't get irritated by it to the extent that some of you guys seem to but I wouldn't say I like seeing people doing it, unless they have some funny boxers to show off or something in which case go right ahead!

Autumn Reverie
January 30th, 2013, 12:52 AM
"Pants on the ground, pants on the ground; looking like a fool with your pants on the ground..."

I've seen this trend ever since I was in primary school lol. There used to be these few guys who always had their pants below their waist and their bright-colored boxers showing. Last time, my friends and I used to secretly point to their boxers and snicker haha. But these days, I don't think it's very polite to show off your behind to the world.

Also, as Slenderman has previously mentioned, this used to be a signal for men inmates in prison to show that they were ready for......*cough* you know lol. This seems to have carried forward until this day, but done for a very different reason.

So, yeah. Pull up those pants, guys. Invest your money on a good belt.

Kura
January 30th, 2013, 11:25 AM
I don't like sag at all! I like a clean, classic look- especially on guys~ Sorry, sag, but that's my preference!

Droomph: No, not ok! They make size 28 for men, too!!

Esper
January 30th, 2013, 12:06 PM
I don't like displays of machismo. We all know there are certain types of personalities that show their underpants like this, the kind that think they're sexy rebels, and it just makes me sad for them.

Talli
January 30th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Just no I think is disgusting when people when pants showing off their underwear. They think it is cool but seriously pull up your pant please.

pikakitten
February 1st, 2013, 11:04 PM
It's called a belt
Nobody wants to see your ass
You look like a baby with it's diaper full
Your big brother was away and you forgot how to pull your pants up
In all seriousness, please stop, there's nothing cool about it, if so, what's cool about it? Might as well not wear pants in general, damn it, we all know it's going to lead up to that xD

Katholic Nun
February 3rd, 2013, 01:33 AM
I'm gonna go against the grain here and be totally honest. It's not something I'd do because it doesn't suit my body type, but on young guys that are really thin, I think it's actually kinda hot lol. Not because it's showing their ass, just because it looks really youthful.

Mr Cat Dog
February 8th, 2013, 02:20 AM
People still do that sort of stuff? I honestly thought it had died out in the 90s! If you want great examples of 'sagging' (or whatever you cool kids are calling it these days), just watch Clueless. Lots and lots and lots of it there.

Cassino
February 8th, 2013, 10:05 AM
So women can show their cleavage with low-neck tops, but men can't do an equivalent thing without invoking disgust?
Something to think about.

TornZero
February 8th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Think about this, Cassino.

Quite a large amount of women's tops have low-cut collars by design. If men want an equivalent, they can wear a button-up shirt and leave the top buttons undone — men can't pull off a low-neck top, but a couple buttons undone can be even better. Aloha shirts work just as well as formal, so comfort and style of the shirt isn't an issue.

Meanwhile, I've never seen pants designed to sag and expose someone's back door. This is strictly a choice made by guys that want to look cool, but they ultimately fail. I don't think anyone wants to see a guy's bare ass in public, and many times not in private, either.

Oryx
February 8th, 2013, 04:08 PM
So women can show their cleavage with low-neck tops, but men can't do an equivalent thing without invoking disgust?
Something to think about.

So men can show their chests by going topless, but women can't do an equivalent thing without invoking disgust? You don't want to start down that road of double standards, sir.

On-topic: I really don't care one way or the other. I don't think it's a particularly attractive fashion choice based on my own tastes, but I don't think there's anything wrong with choosing to wear pants that way. It's become similar to the 'leggings as pants' hatred - why does everyone care so much about other peoples' fashion choices?

Slender, you're wrong about how it originated. http://www.snopes.com/risque/homosex/sagging.asp

Crux
February 8th, 2013, 04:19 PM
So men can show their chests by going topless, but women can't do an equivalent thing without invoking disgust? You don't want to start down that road of double standards, sir.

Fine, if all you ladies out there decide to start going topless I won't object! (Sorry, i'm a guy!)

I found an awesome picture that fits this subject.
http://thewisecracker.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/cartoon-wearing-baggy-pants-below-wait.jpg

Cassino
February 9th, 2013, 03:36 AM
This is strictly a choice made by guys that want to look cool, but they ultimately fail.
Why's it a failure? If it makes them look cool among their own peers (which I suppose it does if they all do it), that's all it's meant to do, right?