PDA

View Full Version : Best flying gym Leader

Rodriguezjames55
January 29th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Making a hack (not important) i was thinking about a flying gym but the leader who was the best so i do what any impulsive ADD(attention deficit disorder) person does ask
so who do you think was the best based on skill appearance and personal bias
BTW meant to type best instead of better sorry spell check

PlatinumDude
January 29th, 2013, 07:14 PM
In terms of personality, I like Skyla. But in terms of lineup, it's a tie between Falkner and Winona.

Serperion
February 8th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Falkner was a terrible Gym Leader but had a reasonable stroy, honestly that Lv9 Pidgeotto is a joke, do not do that in your hack please. However another Male-Flying Gym leader would be interesting. His team should've been

Pidgey Lv10, Hoothoot Lv13

Eeveelution Co-ordinator
February 21st, 2013, 01:16 PM
I just thought that Falkner and Winona had no back story, so I'm going with Skyla, but if yo can give them a better back story and make Winona not so much of an expert, then use Falkner.

Oryx
March 2nd, 2013, 10:20 PM
I'll fix your title for you.

I loved Skyla most. I mean, she actually has airplanes! How cool is that???

Moltres Rider
March 3rd, 2013, 12:01 PM
Falkner definitely... I wish I could be his best friend irl! he's the only male gym leader I like. mainly because he looks cool

Hikamaru
March 3rd, 2013, 12:30 PM
Skyla, duh.

She looks so much like me and she's from UNOVA!

B-L-A-Z-E
March 4th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Winona has the best lineup no doubt(especially when she gets Dragonite in emerald), so in terms of a challenge, I'd choose her. Overall though, I'd have to say Skyla because she has more character than the other two and her team isn't too bad either.

Synerjee
March 4th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Skyla for sure! Her team is powerful and challenging and she has planes. What is a Flying-type gym leader who can't fly? xD

Venitardus
March 4th, 2013, 08:44 PM
I'd say Skyla because she has back story and i kinda like her gym outlook in both B/W and B2/W2. also she flies a plane

Isseubnida
March 5th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Skyla is "Sexy and she knows it".

Mr Cat Dog
March 5th, 2013, 01:33 PM
I guess Winona. Falkner's just completely pathetic, even counting the fact that he's the first Johto Gym Leader. And I've never really gotten the hype over Skyla. Like, at all. Whereas Winona, while not a favourite Gym Leader by any stretch of the imagination, has a reasonably balanced and hard team to beat, had a bit of a cool in-game story, and has the best design out of the three as well. Come to think of it, thinking about it a fair bit, I've probably underestimated Winona so far!

Buggles
March 5th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Falkner is the Flying-type master of awesomeness!

In other news, no one seems to like Winona that much.

Brendino
March 6th, 2013, 02:01 AM
I guess Skyla would technically be my favorite Flying type Gym Leader, but more as a lesser of three evils than a true favorite. Falkner comes off as a pretty pathetic Gym Leader, and Winona doesn't have much of a backstory (and she seems more like a bird trainer more than a true Flying type trainer). At least Skyla had more of a story to her, being both a pilot and a Flying type Gym Leader.

Satoshi Ookami
March 6th, 2013, 02:15 AM
Fuuro (Skyla) by far. If Kamitsure (Elesa) wasn't in Isshu, Fuuro would be my favorite GL and the cutest one :D
From these, though... she's my favorite.

Talli
March 6th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Falker because he was the first bird type gym leader which makes him the best.

Starry Windy
March 6th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Skyla, because she's one strong Flying type Gym Leader and she can operate planes as well, which is fitting.

The Dark Avenger
March 8th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Purely based off the appearance, I prefer Winona. Falkner is just downright boring and non-innovative in his design. Skyla, yeah, she is cute, but I don't really get a sense of creativity or affinity toward flying types based off her appearance.

King Goodra
April 5th, 2013, 08:45 AM
I don't support the love for Skyla.

Winona is one of my favorite gym leaders, and I find her to be the most interesting of the three flying gym leaders. I like her design and I like her team.

Pacifist
April 10th, 2013, 10:57 AM
I really like winona the best
"We humans can never escape gravity's pull on the ground. But by striving for excellence, we have the power to soar! You have scaled the pinnacles as the reigning Champion. Please, allow me to see your power at full flight!" (Rematch quote)
and she have a really cool design ^-^

Blue
April 10th, 2013, 11:58 AM
I've always thought Winona was cute, but thats just me.

Pokedude3012
April 11th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Skyla

She pretty awesome.

T!M
April 11th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Winona, hands down. Her Altaire was a force to be reckoned with.

Elaitenstile
April 11th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Oh, yeah, it's Winona, but that's just because her Altaria is a BIG PAIN. Maybe Skar and Swel too. Also love the town she inhabits~

Meeklish
April 11th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Tbh I'll choose Skyla not coz of her cuteness but because she's a pilot which technically explains why she's a flying type leader xp Plus the SKYla. Yeah she's awesome.

Winona's a close second tho.

JayD
April 11th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Based on skill appearance and personal biased? I would say Falkner. He just look very tough compared to the other gym leaders. The rest looks pretty strong but Falkner looks like he means business.

Pidgey
April 11th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Eh, I pretty much love all Flying type trainers, since they've chosen the best type possible, but I'm gonna go with Falkner here. In all honesty, he wasn't really that memorable, and his team was waaaay too easy to get through in G/S, granted you had the right Pokemon (ie, no underleveled Chikorita ); ), so that's not really the reason why I'd choose him. The reason lies more in the fact, that the second generation is basically where most of my time in the Pokemon universe has been spent, and thus I'm just more used to the gym leaders of the generation. I lost my Ruby before I even got to finish the second playthrough, so half of the gym leaders I coudln't even remember untill I got to play it again, Winona included, and I didn't get to play a fifth generation game before B2/W2, and I've only played through that once, so only thing that I really remember about Skyla is her gym and her darn Swanna. And I honestly didn't like her attitude in the anime <____>

So yeah, it's not because the other two aren't great characters, Falkner is just the gym leader I'm most familiar with.

Shadowraze
April 16th, 2013, 02:03 AM
I'll go with Skyla I like how she uses her Pokemon in battling plus she's gorgeous. xD

GarlandDaHero
April 19th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Skyla.

She has actual man-made aerial transportation devices, and her team in B2/W2 is quite a force. Not to mention she's cute and scantily-clad.

BraveNewWorld
April 25th, 2013, 11:20 AM
It's Winona. She had the best team by far. Dragon Dance Altaria with EQ and Aerial Ace was a beast.

Mochi
April 25th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Falkner was such a pushover. I beat him with my Sentret no sweat. Skyla looks... weird?

Winona is awesome though, she comes from the best games and has the best Pokemon ;b

Happy Smiley Yum Yum
April 25th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Winona. She's a beast. I love her Altaria.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
May 18th, 2013, 08:22 AM
For me, Winona all the way. She just epitomises Gym Leader to me with her collected air of authority. Plus she has a Swellow <3 and I love her design and also the design of her Gym :)

Recluse
May 18th, 2013, 08:36 AM
I like when gym leaders give me a nice challenge. Winona was the "hardest" from them all with her Earthquake Altaria, so my vote goes for her.

Nuke
May 18th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Skyla has the best story, winona best lineup and falkner looks the coolest.

I'd just make it with falkner with a new lineup and a story.

Sweets Witch
May 18th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Skill: Winona. I feared her Altaria.
Appearance: Skyla, definitely. She's such a cutie and I really like her outfit.
Personal bias: Skyla once again because the cannons in her gym were the best gym puzzle ever. I always imagined loading my Pokemon into a cannon and shooting them at her Pokemon.

So Skyla's got my vote. Falkner wasn't even considered because whenever I think of him, I think of him saying "My dad's cherished bird Pokemon!"

alienhunterx
May 20th, 2013, 11:31 PM
I think it is very difficult to chose between Winona and Skyla but let's say Ash had a greater tough time from Winona and the Battle Area in her gym was so cool that I voted for her