PDA

View Full Version : Things could always be worse!

Sableye~
February 2nd, 2013, 05:53 PM
Are you a positive person?
If so, do you go too far with it and irritate people?

I'm pretty neutral on the matter. Though I tend to assume the worst case scenario is what's going to happen, even if I know that it's very unlikely. When it comes to my future, though, I'm not exactly optimistic haha.

Dreg
February 2nd, 2013, 06:02 PM
I'm a negative person... nothing ever seems to go right for me. They always say to me "think positive" but the negative always happens.

Honest
February 2nd, 2013, 06:13 PM
I'm a very optimistic person. I always try to look on the bright side, cause I believe that there is no cap to how bad things can get. Usually it doesn't annoy people unless I'm in a really bleak situation and I just look stubborn.

droomph
February 2nd, 2013, 06:50 PM
middle

Things are how they are. Things could go right, of course, but remember that there's that small chance where everything goes wrong and you die or something.

Probability is a fun thing to do.

Brynjolf
February 2nd, 2013, 10:52 PM
Not really positive. I'm a debbie downer, actually.

Seki
February 3rd, 2013, 12:28 AM
Positive in school/with friends, negative with family.

Overlord Drakow
February 3rd, 2013, 01:54 AM
I'm realistically optimistic most of the time.

Talli
February 3rd, 2013, 07:01 AM
I am a very neutral person because I know if I think negative the worst thing will probably happen.

Sweets Witch
February 3rd, 2013, 07:54 AM
Negative with a positive disposition. I constantly expect the worst so I don't take it for granted when things are good.

Kura
February 3rd, 2013, 11:38 AM
Depends on my mood. I can be both,but if I'm really worried then i can be really pessimistic . In regards to other people, i either am someone who lifts their spirits, or someone who is realistic about it. I dont like to spew bs to friends that i care about.. so i try to give cautionary support.. if thatmakes sense...

Caelus
February 3rd, 2013, 12:04 PM
It depends on the situation. I try to be positive about everything even when things aren't going right, but if I don't see any hints that something good is going to happen I end up becoming negative.

Sammi
February 3rd, 2013, 04:49 PM
I tend to lean towards negativity. Everything will always go wrong! And then things work out, and I wonder why I'm always so pessimistic.

I wish I could be positive most of the time. :(

Shining Raichu
February 4th, 2013, 04:20 AM
I'm incredibly optimistic, because I find pessimistic people boring. If you're positive, people will be drawn to you. If you're negative, well that gets old quick.

I'm not so positive that it's annoying though. Everything needs light and shade.

EDIT: Whoa boom 6000th post!

Corvus of the Black Night
February 4th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Depends on the mood. I'm either very optimistic or incredibly pessimistic.

KriegStein
February 4th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Realisticly cynical. :D Or quite positive around people.

Shiny Celebi
February 4th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Not really, Im more of a realist and like to look at the reality if a situation, although it's nice to think that everything will work out but it dosent always

Patrick
February 4th, 2013, 06:44 PM
I'd agree with realistically positive. Some of the worst things can happen and often I'll just shrug them away with a simple "that's the way it goes". However, I also think things out a bit logically, too, so I don't get my hopes up for things that just aren't probable gievn the circumstances.

Honestly, what's the point in even being negative? I agree with Shining Raichu in that shtick does get old fast, and that people will be more drawn to you if you're positive than otherwise. At least in real life. I'm sure you can find lots of places online that welcome misery. Well, I guess you can find those iRL too, but I'd think you'd feel dirtier afterward. ;P

Hannah
February 13th, 2013, 03:45 AM
I'm a really positive person, tbh. I rarely think about the negative side of things. It doesn't go to the point where I'll irritate people, though.

curiousnathan
February 13th, 2013, 03:56 AM
I'm a bit of both. I can have days were' I'm all pessimism, and other days where I'm all optimism; some days both!

Cordelia
February 13th, 2013, 12:31 PM
I'm not really too positive or too negative. I try to realistically judge things the best I can... because a realist is better than being too optimistic or too negative, in my opinion.

Noah Ridgewood
February 17th, 2013, 08:48 AM
There are things that I'm very negative about, but I do consider myself a mostly positive person. I tend to harp on things that bother me, though, and I make that known to other people, so I feel like I create the impression to others that I'm more negative than positive, but I don't think that's the case.

Guy
February 17th, 2013, 01:29 PM
I consider myself to be quite the optimist, and because of that I usually come off as this very friendly and cheerful person. I like to think very positive about things, and while I can sometimes assume the worst, I try to think about the best possible outcome (aka it's probably not going to happen that way; you're dreaming).

I try not to think or express any kind of negative feelings though. When around people who may not see things as optimistically as myself, I at least try and comfort or help them in the best way that I can without getting too negative myself.

PlatinumDude
February 23rd, 2013, 09:45 AM
I'm somewhere between positive and negative, more toward negative because I worry about the consequences of any "bad" things I do.