PDA

View Full Version : earliest memory

daigonite
February 4th, 2013, 07:27 PM
What is your earliest memory?

My earliest memory is I was about... 1 I think? Maybe 1 and a half. Anyways, I remember being in my play area and watching some show with a white owl-like bird with a blue hat and shirt, sitting on a telephone wire and people were laughing at him for some reason. I used to think it was an illusion until I was like 6-7 and I discovered that same bird as a stuffed animal in my basement @-@

Livewire
February 4th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Mine was when my brother was born when I was three. Yes, I remember that. I remember the whole thing.

Brynjolf
February 4th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Mine was when my brother was born when I was three. Yes, I remember that. I remember the whole thing.

I remember when I was 2 and a half and my mom took us to the hospital because she was about to have the baby. I also remember when the little cap on his belly button fell off in the hallway of the hospital when we took him home.

Then there was a gap for a while. Don't remember much.

Then I remember fishing with my dad and catching starfish on accident, then putting them back.

⊗Slenderman⊗
February 4th, 2013, 08:52 PM
My memory sucks. Earliest memory probably was when I was 2ish. It's a bit fuzzy, but I know I was angry? I'm glad I can't remember stuff before then, though.

Synerjee
February 4th, 2013, 09:22 PM
My earliest memory was when I dropped my favorite watch into the school's toilet. Yeah, the squatting-type toilet. I felt..sad. Yeah. Oh, and also there was one time I had a splinter stuck in the sole of my foot and my gym teacher didn't care. I had to limp throughout gym class with the splinter in my foot.
..hmm...my childhood memories are quite vague.. I don't remember much else. Whoopdeedo. ._.

Keiran
February 4th, 2013, 10:14 PM
The earliest thing I can recall is of my first Christmas, when I was 3 months. I can't remember anything after that for quite some time. I think because that day was probably really stressful for baby-me, with tons of family over and stuff, that it really stuck out. It's really blurry and I don't remember anything specific, just outlines and colors of things in the living room at the time.

♣Gawain♣
February 5th, 2013, 01:21 AM
The only thing I could remember when I was like 4 or 5, playing with a snowball.

Talli
February 5th, 2013, 03:01 AM
The earliest memory I can remember is a day I was in P3/Grade 3 doing some Maths.

LilJz
February 5th, 2013, 07:47 AM
I remember being in Philippines when I was like 1 or 2. I stayed there for over 3 years with my grandparents.

Evil Stud Muffin
February 5th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Somewhere around 3 years old, watching Sesame Street on my Birthday, which was Barney themed.

Denny Hamlin
February 5th, 2013, 08:21 AM
I was a year and a half. I got lost in a swap meet, and was found two hours later. I remember following a little girl who bought a giant barbie dream house and I wanted to have it so bad...so I chased it. lol

Forever
February 5th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Um, I'm not sure I have a few? XD; The first one comes to mind which is at a birthday party, when the next door neighbours did the facepainting. I assume the birthday party was actually for me given it was at my house but idek. It was morning and everything felt 1990's. I also have other early memories too such as at another neighbours' house and finding a kite there and flying it outside, uhhh, getting trapped in something in kindergarten and being sick there too and various other places I went. I DON'T REMEMBER AGES. ;_;

idek my memories. :( I remember a lot from my childhood I just can't really classify it all?

UGH NOW I'M THINKING ABOUT IT I WANNA WRITE ALL MY MEMORIES BUT THEY'RE IRRELEVANTTTTT.

Esper
February 5th, 2013, 10:12 AM
I was 3 and I broke my arm on one of those push merry-go-round things that some parks have. I don't remember that itself, but being at the hospital where they were trying to x-ray my arm with the TERRIFYING EVIL MACHINE OF DOOM a.k.a. the x-ray machine. But, you know, kids and their imaginations.

Antemortem
February 5th, 2013, 12:35 PM
I remember being four or five years old, and my father and I were driving up an on-ramp to an interstate. I didn't know what it felt like on the outside of a car while it was moving, so I wanted to feel it. My dad rolled down the window a little bit and I remember trying to stretch my hand out, but, of course, I couldn't reach the small crack he'd given me, so he rolled it down more and I kind of stuck my head out a little bit. So cold aaa

Nakuzami
February 5th, 2013, 02:10 PM
I was probably two or three.

I have one about eating a bologna sandwich next to my niece, back when I ate bologna, lol. (This one I actually remember from above . . . meaning, it's as if I'm looking at it from the ceiling. Quite a few of my memories are from odd angles that let me view myself.) And the other would be when I was bitten on my right wrist by some sort of pitbull. I remember the dog, and the other that lived with it, and the swing set, and the house, and the kitchen rather vividly. I also have an idea of the living room from the bologna memory, lol. I'm not sure which of these memories came first. (There were also a few where my and some other kids would run into the house, fleeing from the two dogs I mentioned. We had to do that /a lot/.)

Sweets Witch
February 5th, 2013, 03:05 PM
I was 2 or 3 and I stuck my mom's car keys in an electrical outlet while she was drying her hair after she got out of the shower. I remember nothing before that and there's a 3-year gap in my memory after it, so it's become my sole memory of toddlerhood.

Kura
February 5th, 2013, 03:17 PM
I think it was when I was about 3 or so.. and.. I was feeding some swans bread in a pond :33

Gleam Noiyam
February 5th, 2013, 05:46 PM
My third birthday. I remember waking up from a nap and it being my birthday--my family was there with a Tellitubbi cake and it was the first day I essentially felt "alive." I guess my consciousness decided I was on my own at this point in my life.

Ephemeral Euphoria
February 5th, 2013, 05:48 PM
3 years old in the living room, both parents are yelling in another room while I'm watching TV, granddad comes over with some stuff after giving me a big hug.

pikakitten
February 5th, 2013, 06:35 PM
I honestly can't remember, maybe, being I don't know what age, spending the night at my uncle's house xD

Playful_Weasel
February 5th, 2013, 11:42 PM
My earliest memory - I was about 4 or 5, I was playing with lots of kids in Mexico, living with my grandma, aunts and relatives, all I knew back then was fun fun fun, just playing.

Sodom
February 6th, 2013, 04:23 AM
I remember giving my mother a hug when I was three years old. She was sitting on this weird ottoman thing next to our ancient TV.

Sammi
February 6th, 2013, 03:26 PM
A park with woodchips. The woodchips stick out particular in my mind. I was about 3 or so, and this was the only memory I have of the state I was born in before we moved away (Illinois).

After that, it was being in kindergarten in England. We made a Gingerbread man and it ran away!!

awolfsquared
February 6th, 2013, 03:43 PM
The furthest back I can remember is me watching Sesame Street when I was 3 or 4 in my old home where my family live before we moved to our current home. After that would probably be the day we moved when I was 5. We have alot of home videos and pictures of things that happened before that, but the only memories I have of those events are from looking at the pictures/video tapes.

Cosmotone8
February 6th, 2013, 05:35 PM
I can only remember back to being 2-3 in Canada watching various TV shows, mainly Mighty Machines. xD

Mr Cat Dog
February 12th, 2013, 03:27 PM
I can remember that my dad's cousin was staying at our house when I was about 3-years-old. My first memory, as boring as it is, is walking into the guest bedroom and seeing him sleep. Not like watching him in a creepy way or anything, just entering the room and seeing him. I have no idea why that memory has stayed with me or why I even remembered it in the first place, but I can definitely remember it as clear as day. Which is weird for me...

PlatinumDude
February 23rd, 2013, 09:47 AM
I think I recall some of my days at preschool before I moved to the US for 4 years.

Guy
February 23rd, 2013, 09:51 AM
Throwing my White Power Ranger action figure up in the air and getting it stuck on the roof. I never saw it again after that. I was probably about four years old at the time.

Dakota
February 23rd, 2013, 10:02 AM
I actually remember something from when I was like four years old, which was thirteen years ago, so it's kinda weird.

If I'm right, it actually happened on the steps of the high school that I go now, which makes it weirder. I'd just come back from sort of trip to what I'm going to guess is the Financial District in New York, cause I remember money being a hot issue. The thing I remember in particular is looking back when we were going home and looking at what today is the foot of the bridge of my school and the little wall next to it. =D

Java's Missingno.
February 23rd, 2013, 11:30 AM
My earliest memory was when I was 2. My dad was pushing me on a swing mounted in a tree outside our first house, when my grandma pulled up to visit in an old maroon-ish car. I think the car's still somewhere at Grandma and Grandpa's, but my grandma recently passed and so there's a decent possibility Grandpa has gotten rid of it.

White Mage
February 23rd, 2013, 12:49 PM
My earliest memory is when I was 3 years old.

"The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland" had just been released, and I remember my mother playing it on VCR for me while I played with a toy train. I didn't pay attention to the movie cuz trains were much cooler than Elmo.

KriegStein
February 23rd, 2013, 01:38 PM
I was 2 or 3. We are at our summer cottage. (me, my parents and grandparents) Im sitting on my grandads knee and he hops me around.

Caelus
February 23rd, 2013, 10:45 PM
Probably going to daycare or something. I do remember one of my cousins being born in 1998, when I was four, and I know that's not my earliest memory because I remember stuff happening before that.

If I had to guess my age, I was probably three or just about to turn four.

Brendino
February 24th, 2013, 12:02 AM
I really wish my first memory wasn't what it was, but I just remember laying there staring up at the roof of my grandparents' house getting my diaper changed. I must've just turned 2, because it wasn't very long after that I was out of them.

Magic Christmas Lights
February 24th, 2013, 02:26 PM
I have a memory of around the time I was two or three. I was walking around looking at the Christmas decorations my parents had just gotten out of the basement. My sister dropped an ice cube and I tried to pick it up but when I touched it I thought it was too cold and I didn't want to pick it up anymore.