PDA

View Full Version : Fire Emblem: Awakening

Pages : [1] 2

thedestinedblade
February 5th, 2013, 02:58 PM
The official NA release date for this game was yesterday, although retail stores throughout Canada have had it selling since last week. Not to mention US shipments from Nintendo have been delayed for some mysterious reason. If you can't wait a couple more days then you can always purchase it off the e-shop.

Anyways, before the X/Y announcement this was pretty much my main reason for buying 3DS. So for those who've played it (even the demo) what are your impressions? Any improvements over previous titles?

machomuu
February 5th, 2013, 05:24 PM
The demo pretty much confirmed that this would be my favorite Fire Emblem title, and after buying it, it certainly holds true. I bought (and downloaded) the game a little over an hour after it came out, and man is it fun. Apart from it looking amazing and being presented to a wonderful agree, the additions, such as the number of difficulties, pretty much all of the wifi features, the "pairing up" ability, the skills- everything added works so well.

Apart from that, the game looks great, and the cutscenes are done in a 2D/psuedo-3D mesh that gives them a unique feel. The story...well, I can't really comment. I'm not too far into it so far, but I do like the story and the bold steps it took. It's not particularly like the other entries in the series, but at the same time, it still feels like Fire Emblem, which is a good thing.

...So yeah, it's fun, and I recommend it to anyone and everyone who has a 3DS to get it.

Moogles
February 7th, 2013, 07:21 PM
If anybody needs an interesting support pairing they should try Lon'qu and Maribelle because I found their support conversations surprisingly intimate and engaging.

I was really hoping that the game would inspire new people into the series. After the reception I've seen so far, I think that's going to ring true and that's something I'm excited for. Fire Emblem could always use more love.

.EJ
February 7th, 2013, 08:40 PM
I had never played a Fire Emblem game prior to trying out the demo and actually ended up loved it. I'm seriously considering shelling out the $40 and getting it. I heard you can end up marrying characters? Also, how's the actual customization? The demo was, well a demo, pretty limited in that regard.

thedestinedblade
February 7th, 2013, 10:32 PM
As I have yet to play the game either (due to delayed shipments) I was wondering about the marriage aspect of this game too. It's not the first FE game to do it, but I assume it's similar in the way the process is done. Does every female character get an offspring or is it only limited to plot important characters?

RedJ
February 8th, 2013, 02:22 PM
As I have yet to play the game either (due to delayed shipments) I was wondering about the marriage aspect of this game too. It's not the first FE game to do it, but I assume it's similar in the way the process is done. Does every female character get an offspring or is it only limited to plot important characters?

Going entirely off of what I've read, it pretty much works the same as it did in FE4, yes. All female characters can have children, but a few have to be paired with MyUnit/Avatar in order to do so.

Meanwhile, I still don't have my game. I was told my Gamestop would have more today, which they did, but they got two copies- both of which were preorders. After this, they still have four preorders to fill. I'm honestly starting to believe the theory that Nintendo is purposely doing this to push eShop sales.

thedestinedblade
February 8th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Meanwhile, I still don't have my game. I was told my Gamestop would have more today, which they did, but they got two copies- both of which were preorders. After this, they still have four preorders to fill. I'm honestly starting to believe the theory that Nintendo is purposely doing this to push eShop sales.

Kinda the same thing I was told. Called Monday to see if they had it (I did reserve it), and they said no due to a shipping delay, and to call again Friday. So I checked again today and the guy said they had two copies earlier this morning but were already gone. :paranoid: He added that I should try again around the same time next week too...lol.

Sure, I can purchase it over the eshop, but I really would like the artbook. I also don't really feel like driving all over Miami checking every Best Buy, Walmart, K-mart, etc hoping to come across it.

machomuu
February 8th, 2013, 03:11 PM
I got married pretty early on (no kids yet), it was mostly for stat reasons, and I wasn't sure I was going to keep it, but I ended up staying with the person I'm with. I really like how the social aspects are incorporated in this entry, they're pretty similar to Social Links from the Persona series (though I'm not sure if 1 and 2 had S.Links). Though I've gotta say, I wish there were more Social Ranks. I realize that things are the way they are for balancing reasons, but it'd be nice if we could see more interaction between the characters (other than the barracks). It's a minor thing, though, and it's still an enjoyable experience.

I will say that this is an amazing game, though. I've been playing this game quite a bit since it came out, and I'll definitely say that it's my favorite entry in the series. It makes quite a few innovations that enhance the experience, side missions and side battles make the game last longer, and the characters are very enjoyable (which is a rare sight in a game with so many characters). Heck, I'd go as far as to say that it's my favorite 3DS game so far.

.EJ
February 8th, 2013, 10:17 PM
I'm considering just buying it through the nintendo eshop or whatever. Have any of you tried it?

machomuu
February 8th, 2013, 10:21 PM
I'm considering just buying it through the nintendo eshop or whatever. Have any of you tried it?
I'd recommend it; getting it through the eshop, I mean. It's a great game, and if you like Fire Emblem (or Strategy RPGs in general), you'll definitely love this. I was actually quite shocked at how much I like it, because I'd never been so engaged in a Fire Emblem title as much as this one. So far I've got 21 hours in and have only done 10 story missions, which is a good sign that there's a lot to do and that the pacing is dependent on the player, rather than the game itself. The gameplay is fun and innovative, the music is good, the characters are surprisingly interesting, and the story is pretty engaging.

Seriously, buy it now.

Oryx
February 8th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Going entirely off of what I've read, it pretty much works the same as it did in FE4, yes. All female characters can have children, but a few have to be paired with MyUnit/Avatar in order to do so.

Why Gamestop? My boyfriend had no problem with getting one at Target on release day.

.EJ
February 8th, 2013, 10:55 PM
I'd recommend it; getting it through the eshop, I mean. It's a great game, and if you like Fire Emblem (or Strategy RPGs in general), you'll definitely love this. I was actually quite shocked at how much I like it, because I'd never been so engaged in a Fire Emblem title as much as this one. So far I've got 21 hours in and have only done 10 story missions, which is a good sign that there's a lot to do and that the pacing is dependent on the player, rather than the game itself. The gameplay is fun and innovative, the music is good, the characters are surprisingly interesting, and the story is pretty engaging.

Seriously, buy it now.

:0 will probably get it tomorrow then after I finish some class stuff.

machomuu
February 8th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Why Gamestop? My boyfriend had no problem with getting one at Target on release day.
I actually found a few copies at my local Walmart. If you guys are interested, check non-game stores; you might be surprised what you find.

Karel_Kazuki
February 8th, 2013, 11:45 PM
I've been playing the game (Sat in the middle of a mall for two hours stealing people's open wifi ;p) and I honestly have to say this game is glorious.

Being a fan of the series prior to this game, i say this is the best installment ever.If you were a fan of the series and are contemplating shelling out the $40, or want to get the $200 bundle, I say its well worth it.

The story caught my attention in a way i never thought was possible. I'll just say it's a very small, yet vast world we live in.

The support system/pairing units works so well, that the only thing that adds to the strategy is if you paired a healer with an attack unit ,but you cant use the healer to HEAL your partner.And with the marrying system, that feature is very innovative, especially with which units you choose as a player to help your child grow to become.I plan on trying out various combinations because i LOL'ed at my MU paring with Sully conversation( Each character has a special voiceover cutscene when they are wedding the MU and its a great feature)

And as for the gameplay, the menu system was re innovated but still has its classic style as well, which works excellently.And the new classes make for a better variety, It's seriously hard to choose what units i want in battle now xD.

All in all, I absolutely love this game and do not regret buying it at all.In fact, I bout a 3DS XL when i found out the release date in january and tried to lull my way through the time playing Pokemon White 2.Havent touched it since monday, and probably wont give me the same enjoyment until X/Y lol.

RedJ
February 9th, 2013, 12:21 PM

Aside from Gamestop, my only other options are Walmart(none of the two in the area have it, though) and K-Mart (haven't checked there yet). There isn't a Target, Best Buy, or any other place that sells video games anywhere near where I live. Plus, I actually don't have enough money for it (which is why I can't just get it online somewhere), so I have to trade some games in. If anything, I'll trade some games in for cash at Gamestop and get it somewhere else if I do manage to find it, but Gamestop is just the most convenient place for me to get it.

And of course, I could get it off the eShop, but it would take up the rest of my SD Card, so I'd like to avoid that if possible.

machomuu
February 9th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Aside from Gamestop, my only other options are Walmart(none of the two in the area have it, though) and K-Mart (haven't checked there yet). There isn't a Target, Best Buy, or any other place that sells video games anywhere near where I live. Plus, I actually don't have enough money for it (which is why I can't just get it online somewhere), so I have to trade some games in. If anything, I'll trade some games in for cash at Gamestop and get it somewhere else if I do manage to find it, but Gamestop is just the most convenient place for me to get it.

And of course, I could get it off the eShop, but it would take up the rest of my SD Card, so I'd like to avoid that if possible.
Don't do that, you'll only get $5 for your $60 game!

SnowpointQuincy
February 10th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Are there any characters from previous games that I'm supposed to know about, or is this game basicly a fresh start?

The demo is my only exposure to Fire Emblem, aside from Smash Bros.

machomuu
February 10th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Are there any characters from previous games that I'm supposed to know about, or is this game basicly a fresh start?

The demo is my only exposure to Fire Emblem, aside from Smash Bros.
The game takes place many years after all of the games, so you'll be fine. Though, knowing who Marth is wouldn't hurt.

There is one thing to note: there are special teams from the other games. They don't play a part in the story, but it wouldn't hurt to know who they are, though they kind of tell you about themselves when you fight them, but they don't tell you much.

Yuoaman
February 10th, 2013, 09:43 AM
The game takes place about 1000 years after the last game in the timeline, so most of the old games are legends and don't have a direct bearing on the story - though the fact that the world hasn't developed at all in that time opens a whole other can of worms.

Also the DLC maps are a great way to grind, both levels and support. COMBAT MATCH-MAKING ALL DAY.

thedestinedblade
February 10th, 2013, 01:32 PM
So, said screw my reserved Gamestop copy and decided to check the closest Toys R Us to see if they had it, and lo and behold! One copy available. :)

SnowpointQuincy
February 11th, 2013, 02:15 PM
The Support conversions made me Laugh Out Loud! Won't spoil the joke, but the word "naked" shows up really early.

The menus for this game are VERY good. Pokemon Conquest has some Clunky, backwards menus.

I'm Playing Casual Hard. Sully died in Chapter 1... That's why I'm playing Casual. (this is my first FE game.)

My Avatar is +Magic / -Strength. When I played the demo, I really liked the way Magic allowed my unit to attack diagonally and from a distance - reducing the damage he takes. So, I decided to go magic oriented for my Avatar.

Tell Everyone Which Difficulty you are playing!

What are your Avatar's Asset / Flaw?

.EJ
February 11th, 2013, 02:17 PM
I bought it off the eShop! I'm loving it though I've only done the demo part again and just stopped there. I'm planning on playing some more later on tonight.

machomuu
February 11th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Since I'm a long time FE player, I go Classic Hard. It gets easier to keep your people alive as you go on, and I really like the risk and the heavier focus on strategizing and restrategizing.

And I'd agree about the Support conversations, the writing team did an excellent job on making them hilarious and engaging, and I've even laughed out loud more than a couple times.

thedestinedblade
February 11th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Played about 6 hours yesterday; very addicting. Pretty much enjoyed all aspects of the game thus far. I mean, I would have like more customization options for the "My Unit" particularly with outfits, but it's not too big of a deal. Love that there is a lot of pairing options as that means (for me anyways) a ton of replay value.

Not ready to crown it better than FE4 or FE7, but it's definitely a lot more enjoyable than any of the recent entries.

.EJ
February 13th, 2013, 08:55 AM
I played about 4-5 hours yesterday. I looooooooooooove this game, seriously. Can't wait to start switching classes with my characters and pair them up with different romantic interests. I also would have enjoyed more customization to My unit but it's okay I guess.

My unit married Lissa, who did you guys ultimately end up with?

thedestinedblade
February 13th, 2013, 09:45 AM
I played about 4-5 hours yesterday. I looooooooooooove this game, seriously. Can't wait to start switching classes with my characters and pair them up with different romantic interests. I also would have enjoyed more customization to My unit but it's okay I guess.

My unit married Lissa, who did you guys ultimately end up with?

I chose Nowi (the loli dragon) since I had already determined I'd pair "My Unit" with her long before the game came out. But really, the choices are pretty endless; you can pair him/her with just about anybody. On the other hand, Chrom only has about 5 potential wives (went with Sumia) That seems like the natural choice and she has priority over the other girls.

Anyways, went with Normal/Classic and it's been relatively easy thus far. Too late to go back though.

.EJ
February 13th, 2013, 11:26 AM
I chose Nowi (the loli dragon) since I had already determined I'd pair "My Unit" with her long before the game came out. But really, the choices are pretty endless; you can pair him/her with just about anybody. On the other hand, Chrom only has about 5 potential wives (went with Sumia) That seems like the natural choice and she has priority over the other girls.

Anyways, went with Normal/Classic and it's been relatively easy thus far. Too late to go back though.

Yea I went into this game not knowing who the characters were and what my options were. Actually I was gonna for Tharja when I first saw some concept art but Lissa grew on me haha

I didn't go with Classic but that's because I've never played a Fire Emblem title so I figured I'd take it easy for now and get used to the system. It's very Advanced Wars-like except the dialogue, story, and class system stuff make it better.

SnowpointQuincy
February 13th, 2013, 11:41 AM
I had the MOST EMBARRASSING death ever in my game so far.

Chapter 5. My units are separated into 2 teams. One to protect some new units, the other clearing field. My Avatar Zeus, Chrom, Lissa, and Lu Kang(? myrmidon) are in that one group.

There are two Dragon Knights. Chrom and Lu Kang take out the first one. My Avatar was going to double cast Thunder to kill the second one. The game said I would attack twice... BUT THUNDER BROKE after the first hit, so the Dragon Knight killed Chrom - GAME OVER!

I had a Brand New Thunder, but still had the old one equipped.

This game is amazing, I'm very eager to try again when I finish my homework.

.EJ
February 13th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Oh that sounds disappointing haha. I've never had a weapon break in the middle of a clash like that.

How exactly do I switch my classes? My friend sort of explained it but it was late last night and I was sleepy. My unit is already level 20 and Sumia's almost there as well. Chrom isn't too far behind.

machomuu
February 13th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Oh that sounds disappointing haha. I've never had a weapon break in the middle of a clash like that.

How exactly do I switch my classes? My friend sort of explained it but it was late last night and I was sleepy. My unit is already level 20 and Sumia's almost there as well. Chrom isn't too far behind.
There's a weapon called the Second Seal that allows your character to change to a number of available classes (so long as they are advanced or level 10). It can either be found in chests, dropped by enemies, or bought from Anna.

The Master Seal is similar, except rather than letting you change classes, it takes a D&D styled approach and allows you to choose from your classes available advanced classes. It is obtained the same way as the Second Seal is.

Yea I went into this game not knowing who the characters were and what my options were. Actually I was gonna for Tharja when I first saw some concept art but Lissa grew on me haha
I wanted to marry Tharja SO bad, but I'd already married Miriel several (playtime) hours earlier, and I didn't even know about Tharja (or really any of the characters except those from other games or those in the demo) prior to release ;_;.

.EJ
February 13th, 2013, 07:30 PM
There's a weapon called the Second Seal that allows your character to change to a number of available classes (so long as they are advanced or level 10). It can either be found in chests, dropped by enemies, or bought from Anna.

The Master Seal is similar, except rather than letting you change classes, it takes a D&D styled approach and allows you to choose from your classes available advanced classes. It is obtained the same way as the Second Seal is.

Oooohh okay. Yea I got my hand on a couple. So far I've promoted My unit, Sumia and Ricken with a master seal. (Grandmaster, Dark Flier, and Dark Knight respectively). Still holding onto one Second Seal.

I wanted to marry Tharja SO bad, but I'd already married Miriel several (playtime) hours earlier, and I didn't even know about Tharja (or really any of the characters except those from other games or those in the demo) prior to release ;_;.

tharja<33 Next playthrough I will go for her. She keeps dropping hints that she wants to be with me lol Oh btw has anyone made any comical marriages? I made Ricken (the kid) marry Panne the beastwoman.

Puppeteer Mask
February 13th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Being a girl, I married Vaike. Because The Vaike is a hoot, especially in his supports with MU. However, I did not realise the awesomeness that is Henry. If I ever do a redo aside from the one I'm trying of a male MU (just to see my options, some of the girls are really cute...) I will definitely be trying to marry Henry. He's just... he's just hilarious. (And cute. Very cute.)

However, my kid looks absurd as a Fighter. >.< Like, seriously absurd. Especially in comparison to his potrait, where he's basically a shota me with a sandy brown bowl cut.

Fun fact you may not know about. Tharja's creepy stalker obsession lust for you? Yeah, that's still around even when you're a girl. Heck, when I had Henry propose to her, her conditions for agreeing was that if he had to choose between saving her or me, he has to SAVE ME. I AM GREATER THAN ANY OF THEM. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA-okay done.

And I had originally paired up Gregor and Nowi thinking it'd be funny... it actually turned out to be absolutely adorable. And Lucina and Brady is pretty damn adorable too.

RedJ
February 13th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Yeaaaah, I read all about Creepy Stalker Tharja when I was planning pairings. Creepy stalker is one thing, but that on top of everything else she does (including but not limited to her little comment if you get her support to S Rank) gave me all the motivation I needed to keep away from her. Doesn't help that I've heard she's worse in the Japanese version.

Still haven't got the game yet, but I've been told that WalMart has it in stock, so I'll hopefully be able to grab it before this weekend, unless people swoop in and buy up all the copies.

SnowpointQuincy
February 13th, 2013, 09:46 PM
I bought a master seal after Chapter 7. My Avatar is Lv. 12 already. Should I promote him now, or what? Are y'all sticking with the Tactition/Grandmaster Class or switching?

.EJ
February 14th, 2013, 05:56 AM
I think I'll end up replaying the game right after I finish but I don't know if I should go with a female unit.

Still haven't got the game yet, but I've been told that WalMart has it in stock, so I'll hopefully be able to grab it before this weekend, unless people swoop in and buy up all the copies.

If you're able to, and have the free space, just download it through the eShop. Worked just fine for me.

@SnowpointQuincy: I promoted mine when I reached 20 but that's because I didn't get a Master Seal til then. I have a Grandmaster (my unit), Great Lord (Chrom), Dark Flier (Sumia), Sorceress (Tharja), Dark Knight (Ricken), and a Sage (Lissa).

Those are all the Master Seals I've done....haven't used any Second Seals just yet.

Puppeteer Mask
February 14th, 2013, 07:31 AM
I bought a master seal after Chapter 7. My Avatar is Lv. 12 already. Should I promote him now, or what? Are y'all sticking with the Tactition/Grandmaster Class or switching?

You should always wait for level 20 before promoting your characters, so that they get as many stat boosts while leveling up in the lower class as possible. Promoted classes don't level up nearly as quickly as lower ones, and by promoting now you're pretty much throwing away eight levels worth of growth. I know it's tempting, but resist. If you have another character that is at level 20, use it on them. I'm at Chapter 19 now and most all of the units that I actually use are promoted. (My kid looks even more ridiculous as a Warrior than he did as a Fighter. I really have to reclass him to Tactician at some point.)

I've been keeping everyone in their original class, except for Donnel, since Villager doesn't promote to anything. He's now a Level 1 Hero with the stats of a, like, level 15 Hero. It was getting to the point where he wasn't allowed to get any more stat boosts as a Mercenary...

Yuoaman
February 14th, 2013, 10:59 AM
I know it isn't an optimal way to play it but I promote based on the character rather than to succeed - while promoting Lissa to a War Cleric so she could carry around big axes was tempting, it didn't make sense from a character standpoint.

thedestinedblade
February 14th, 2013, 11:51 AM
I usually wait to level 20 before promoting as well, but the level mechanics are bit different in this game. If you're trying to get certain skills for characters it's better to promote/reclass early. I mean, there is infinite leveling in the game with introduction of second seals.

Yeah, I pretty much kept everyone in there same class. Changed Brady to a Knight (lol) and Morgan to an Archer since it's pretty much Virion for most of the game.

.EJ
February 14th, 2013, 12:34 PM
@Yuoaman: I'm with you. I was so tempted to give Lissa some axes I ultimately kept it all magic-based for her hahaha

I gotta get back on and play...I forget where I'm at

machomuu
February 14th, 2013, 01:27 PM
I did too...dunno if that was a good idea. My party usually consists of my Tactician (who specializes in Magic), Miriel (A Sage), Lissa (Also a sage), and Tharja (A sorcerer)...

...So much magic -.-

SnowpointQuincy
February 14th, 2013, 02:44 PM
So, Once you get married it sticks forever right? What if a married character died? (i'm playing casual anyway, so no worries)

Can each couple have more than one child, or only one?

machomuu
February 14th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Yeah, it's forever. This is because, in Classic, many characters don't die so much as they become permanently unable to fight.

This hasn't always been the case, though; in previous Fire Emblem games, ones prior to the remake of Monsho no Nazo, characters did die (in most cases) when they were defeated in battle.

Puppeteer Mask
February 14th, 2013, 03:08 PM
So, Once you get married it sticks forever right? What if a married character died? (i'm playing casual anyway, so no worries)

Can each couple have more than one child, or only one?

I don't know about remarrying, but Chrom is the only one garaunteed to have two children Lucina and another based on the wife. A Male Avatar can also have two kids based on the same principle, provided the wife has a playable kid. (So Morgan and whoever) And a Female Avatar can have Lucina and Morgan.

SnowpointQuincy
February 14th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Oh, so there are only so many playable kids programed into the game? I assumed it just generated a new character. Well, that just means I got to know what I want to do with the kid before I make one.

I think I might Promote Sumia now, to get Galeforce sooner. And Promote Lissa soon so she can use offensive tomes (sage).

Is the amount of XP you get from battle based on you current class level, or your "real" level? (Is Sumia going to level up slow once promoted, even if she promotes before lv.20?)

p.s. Male Avatar looks very silly as a Dark Mage.

machomuu
February 14th, 2013, 04:54 PM
It's based on your real level, so you won't be get a lot of XP if you grind on level one base class enemies if your character is level one but has been reclassed a few times.

thedestinedblade
February 14th, 2013, 05:03 PM
I don't know about remarrying, but Chrom is the only one garaunteed to have two children Lucina and another based on the wife. A Male Avatar can also have two kids based on the same principle, provided the wife has a playable kid. (So Morgan and whoever) And a Female Avatar can have Lucina and Morgan.

I think it's nice that they took the time and actually had support conversations actually acknowledging the variable mother/father as well as the siblings. I paired Chrom with Sumia so that made Lucina and Cynthia sisters and their interactions were quite cute.

DavidtheDeadPhilosopher
February 16th, 2013, 03:29 AM
I just bought the game today, and I'm in L-O-V-E.

@Snowpoint Quincy, it's funny that you say it plays alot like Advance Wars because its the same developer (Intelligent Systems) behind both games.

I'm only about 6 hours into the game. I'm playing Classic-Normal, I've had three characters die so far, but I don't see that happening again any time soon. I am just in love, the new Pairing system is just a blast.

SnowpointQuincy
February 17th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Got my first Silver Sword from a challenge map (random battle). I'm thinking of forging it to make it more awesome, though it would be extremely expensive to do so.

I forged a standard Thunder Tombe and named it Pikachu.

Avatar Zeus has been promoted to Grandmaster at Lv.20. Lissa was promoted to Sage after Lv.10 because she wasn't healing often enough to level up at all. I recomend promoting your healers at Lv.10 that way they can do a little damage.

I've noticed that my characters are at full heath or dead, so healers haven't made much impact. There are some maps where they are good, but often they just stay paired up and never heal.

Have you noticed that the random battles are harder than the regular battles? The first 3-4 where actually higher leveled than the main story at that point. Only recently did I get some Lv5-7 challenge maps to work on weaker characters.

machomuu
February 17th, 2013, 01:04 AM
@SnowpointQuincy - Maybe you should train more or pair up more, because it really isn't safe to go through the game with fragile characters, even if they're strong.

I even make it a point to have my magic-based characters have enough defense so that they can go it alone when they need to. In the beginning, they were exclusively paired off, but now I let them go it alone and they can take quite a few hits, which works to make things a lot easier for me.

DavidtheDeadPhilosopher
February 17th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Ok, I figured since some of us have already kinda logging our progress I'll do a quick little log.

I'm on Chapter 10

Only Chrom and my avatar have full support

I have not advanced or changed any ranks

Casulties/Retires: Valke, Miriel, Virion, Gregor.

I've acquired Mist,Florina, Erika, and Ameilia (though I don't use them) I have 410 renown

I'm really sad about losing Gregor, I lost him by complete accident, and he's the only character that's died so far that I actually liked, the rest of them were on my low tier (I really disliked Virion and Miriel, so it was kinda ironic they died together in the same mission).

My streetpass team includes: My Avatar, Chrom, Frederick, Sully, Stahl, Kelfam, Lon'qu, Nowi, Libra, and Tharja

machomuu
February 17th, 2013, 06:55 AM
I guess we are logging, so here goes.

Mode: Hard/Classic

I'm currently on Chapter 14 and have about 22 hours...but that's not including the progress that wasn't saved from losing or restarting saves. I'd say, with that include, I have 24-28 hours clocked it. Most of my time was spent on Parley battles, Challenges, and Para/Xenolouges. It's not so much because I don't enjoy the story (which is rather engaging) as it is because battling is so much fun and I really enjoy the side missions. That, and it's a great way for me to level my weaker units.

Casualties: None

Social Li- I mean Support: ...Too many too count, but Miriel and my Main Unit are married, as well as Sumia and Chrom. Sully and Frederick are also married, and they make quite the pair in battle. Still regretting not marrying Tharja, but the Supports between Miriel and my child are pretty entertaining.

Also, my MU's child is yet another mage! hooray. I immediately reclassed her to a Tactician since I already use 4 other mages in my main team usually, so I threw her a Bronze Sword and...things are slow. Her magic is exceptional, but her swordsmanship is pretty inadequite, and since her mother is a mage as well, the pairing between them makes for some good, albeit unsurprising results. She doesn't pair with her father often, but I'll be sure to change that.

Despite the fact that I was one of the first ones in the thread to get the game, you guys'll probably have the game finished before I do; I've been spending a lot of time doing the small stuff between missions.

---

Oh, and Quincy, I forgot to answer your question. They can't remarry as when the characters are defeated in combat, they aren't always dead, and usually they aren't. As such, the bond between the two is not broken, and they will remain married.

thedestinedblade
February 17th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Ok, I figured since some of us have already kinda logging our progress I'll do a quick little log.

I'm on Chapter 10

Only Chrom and my avatar have full support

I have not advanced or changed any ranks

Casulties/Retires: Valke, Miriel, Virion, Gregor.

I've acquired Mist,Florina, Erika, and Ameilia (though I don't use them) I have 410 renown

I'm really sad about losing Gregor, I lost him by complete accident, and he's the only character that's died so far that I actually liked, the rest of them were on my low tier (I really disliked Virion and Miriel, so it was kinda ironic they died together in the same mission).

My streetpass team includes: My Avatar, Chrom, Frederick, Sully, Stahl, Kelfam, Lon'qu, Nowi, Libra, and Tharja

If your avatar a girl? If not, then you should really pair Chrom with one of the girls because if he's not paired with anyone after chapter 12, he'll automatically be paired with Sumia. (Since she has highest priority)

I've already finished the game actually. Normal was much too easy. (Donnel was pretty much invincible, lol) Felt like a lot of time was actually spent recruiting the children.

I think the game is definitely on par with FE7. FE4 did the whole marriage/children thing a lot better, and the story was much more impactful in my mind. Everything else though was excellent. My only critique is the limited customization choices for your unit.

machomuu
February 17th, 2013, 07:51 AM
I've already finished the game actually. Normal was much too easy. (Donnel was pretty much invincible, lol) Felt like a lot of time was actually spent recruiting the children.

Good, now start a new game and go Classic/Lunatic; I'm sure it'll be the easy enough.

SnowpointQuincy
February 17th, 2013, 07:58 AM
I reclassed Fredrick after getting Lv.5 Luna abillity. GREAT DECISION. He is getting 20-30 XP per killing blow like regular units and leveling up like mad. Sad that he can only use axes for a while, I just got a second Silver Lance (the first belonging to Freddy) [also, Luna and Critical Hit triggered at the SAME TIME during his first mission as a Wyvern Rider.]

Sumia hit Lv.20 -> Promoted to Dark Flier

Healers get way more XP for rescues, so... if you don't use rescues fore anything else... You could spam them to get a healer to Lv10 and then reclass them. (then they can heal and attack)

Karel_Kazuki
February 17th, 2013, 09:38 AM
GOing to try my same pairings i had in Normal Casual in Classic Lunatic. Wish me Luck lol

DavidtheDeadPhilosopher
February 17th, 2013, 11:29 AM
If your avatar a girl? If not, then you should really pair Chrom with one of the girls because if he's not paired with anyone after chapter 12, he'll automatically be paired with Sumia. (Since she has highest priority)

Although I appreciate the advice, I would rather like to avoid any spoilers along the way, if you would be so kind. It's kinda ok though, Sumia is the one I was kinda working on with him.

Small Update:

Chrom is now a Grandmaster, I've acquired Marth, and Donnel and Khellam are now A Rank.

thedestinedblade
February 17th, 2013, 01:56 PM
^Sorry about that. :) Figured you'd like to know in case you were gunning for a certain pairing. But I guess it's your intention to go through the game blindly.

Good, now start a new game and go Classic/Lunatic; I'm sure it'll be the easy enough.

No way, dude. Only way I'll ever try lunatic is to choose casual mode along with it. After playing the headache that is FE5, I can only imagine how difficult lunatic mode is. I enjoy the FE series, but I'm not a hardcore player.

Honestly, the thing that made it too easy was the fact that you could abuse the free DLC map. Speaking of DLC, it's seems Micaiah is now available for download. Didn't realize till now, but there is no light-magic in this game, no?

SnowpointQuincy
February 17th, 2013, 02:06 PM
If Chrom has zero support points with all possible Wives, he marries someone else....

A random farmer girl

according to a wiki.

Edit-------------

I married Kellam and Marribelle. I used Kellam to tank for Maribell while she was leveling up, and their Supports are adorable. Although their child will be a mess! Maybe a Dark Knight or something.

.EJ
February 18th, 2013, 09:07 AM
I've been using Donnel and man he is a monster. I've reclassed him twice (Villager-->Fighter-->Mercenary) and he is absurdly strong even when using weak weapons. He's definitely staying in my main teams.

I've also been taking my time with this game and doing a lot of the side stuff/grinding members. I haven't decided who's gonna be in my main teams aside from Chrom, My unit, and Donnel. There are so many likable characters that are great!

machomuu
February 18th, 2013, 10:34 AM
...My MU's daughter is stronger than my MU, and he was reclassed twice. It's a little scary. I ended up maxing her level and making her into a Grandmaster while my MU is still a tactician (mainly because he was reclassed twice). Well, it's not so surprising, I try to keep my MU out of battles because of how strong he is, and there's no real worry about him becoming underleveled or too weak.

The children's parents will be censored for spoiler purposes, as well as one of the children's names.

My children have basically forced themselves onto my team (except for Laurent, because that would make him my sixth magic character. Love ya' son), and they're a force to be reckoned with. Morgan, my daughter, keeps around Raiden, an upgraded Levin Sword, Excalibur X, an upgraded Steel Sword (it would have been Excalibur III, but that was too long a name), and magic, just in case. She can go it alone and can take quite a bit of damage. So she's probably my best unit, especially when paired with her father.

Then there's Luci, who carries around several swords, often pairing with her father. These two tend to deal a lot of damage since they team attack alot, although Luci doesn't have the greatest defense.

Kjella, who is a knight, is probably as good as Kellam when it comes to defense, and she's incredibly strong. I'd say that she might even be able to take more damage than Kellam, especially when paired with her father, who guards her a lot (but her mother deals the most damage), which makes for great wall tactics...unless mages are involved.

Then there's Laurent. Poor Laurent.

SnowpointQuincy
February 18th, 2013, 11:28 AM
"I want to make babies today!" -- Fire Emblem Awakening

I haven't gotten there yet, but I think I am close. My pairings were random, but now I am planning each child's class based on the pairing I did choose.

Both of my Avatar children have no choice but to be mages, which is great --but I am swimming in mages right now. Both of Chrom's children will be archers, becase I litterally have 20 awesome bows and only Virion can use them.

.EJ
February 18th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Hmm...I mean..it was pretty much Virion as my archer for the whole game so it's kinda hard to break away from him and use Tharja's daughter who is also an archer. Any thoughts?

Idk what my next class for Donnel should be!

DavidtheDeadPhilosopher
February 19th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Well while playing the Third Map in the Legend of Yore DLC Pack I managed to kill of 3 of my team in one match (a fair amount of bad luck, and one big mistake). I lost Donnel (meh) Tharja (awww) and Lon' qu (WHY GOD WHY!). I also managed to get Cherche killed as soon as I gained her.

Ricken is now a Sage, Chrom a Great Lord, and Sully a Paladin. She is also now Stahl's wife. (Chrom has also married Sumia)

I managed to beat the Legends of Yore DLC pack, and aquired a few more of the bonus box battles (Lute, Mia, Matthew, Moulder and Serra)

My renown is up to 720.

Yuoaman
February 19th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Paralogue 10 is the worst thing, and I don't understand what the devs were thinking with it. I assumed the character you recruit in it would be recruited whether they physically talked to the NPC or not, since I talked to the character myself - but NOPE. If you kill the boss before that happens and happen to hit A once you lose out on getting that character for absolutely no reason.

SnowpointQuincy
February 19th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Little Baby Ricken became a Dark Knight on a whim. DANG! Ricken can go off on his own and slaughter everything. He can take many, many hits. Because of Focus, a mage ability, his critical hit rate is amazing! It only activates when he is alone, but as a DK he can totally do that do problem.

Lucina became an Archer to grow her AMAZING skill and speed stats. She was promoted to Bow Knight at Lv.12 because she was CAPPED in skill. (well, close) As a Bow Knight she can use Parallel Falcion again.

I didn't Notice Parallel Facion has MT 12 and can be used to recover health. GOOD thing I made her a bow knight who can actually use swords.

Lucina has gotten Aether and Critical Hit at the same time so often it is crazy. Also, have you noticed paired-up characters getting critical hits very, very often? Several of my weapons were forged for crit and most of my units are pair with their spouses 100% of the time. It just seems that they have been very lucky in the last few missions.

They missions to get your kids look so high level, it looks like endgame stuff. If you leveled up enough to do them before the main story, wouldn't you be very overpowered?

Yuoaman
February 19th, 2013, 10:28 PM
I grinded some using the DLC maps, but I don't think I was overpowered - I still had to struggle in a few of the main plot missions. Anyway, I couldn't deal with not having all of the characters so I started my game over and I'm up to Chapter 5, and I'm repeating the pairings I got on my first time through.

.EJ
February 20th, 2013, 08:36 AM
@snowpoint quincy: Oh wow that's a great idea for Lucina. I'll make sure to switch her to Bow Knight later. I did the same to Ricken (I call him Rickey). I had him as a dark knight up until he learned that one ability that gives him 50% HP back after he kills a unit and switched to Sage.

I've been using Noire over Virion now and have her as a bow knight. My Nowi is a wyvern rider and I'm about to switch Cherche into another class. She's a wyvern lord~

Idk what to make MU though...

machomuu
February 20th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Idk what to make MU though...
What is your MU now? Still a Tactician?

.EJ
February 20th, 2013, 12:37 PM
What is your MU now? Still a Tactician?

Grandmaster....he's around level 15 I believe.

I'm wondering what my next class should be or if I should change him now.

machomuu
February 20th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Grandmaster....he's around level 15 I believe.

I'm wondering what my next class should be or if I should change him now.
Well you have Ignis, so you might want to consider a class that takes advantage of that.

.EJ
February 20th, 2013, 12:54 PM
I was thinking of Dark Knight because MU's proficient with swords and tomes.

SnowpointQuincy
February 20th, 2013, 10:17 PM
I FIANLLY got Morgan (female). She was a real struggle to get. Lissa is the father so she started as a Cleric. She died on the first round, so I had to reset. The second attempt I had to clear all four sides of Morgan with Flyers to keep her safe.

She has Ignis and Tomeflaire. Morgan and Owain are going to be Magic users because both their parents are.

Going to be a blast Leveling Morgan and Owain together as brother and sister Casters.

thedestinedblade
February 21st, 2013, 12:20 PM
So I've started on my second playthrough. Went with Hard/Classic since I felt normal was not really much of a challenge. Made the My Unit a girl (with a magic build) this time and will probably pair her with Chrom just to see how much certain scenes change.

Plan on using Stahl, Virion, Cordelia, Gregory, and couple other units I completely ignored my first time through the game.

SnowpointQuincy
February 21st, 2013, 02:57 PM
Morgan and Owain started as a Level 10 Cleric and Myrmidon, respectivly. After playing the free DLC map 3 times with only Morgan and Owain paired up they Became Level 10 Tacticians. Now I am leveling them up as Dark Mages, then Sorcerers.

Remember, Tactitains get 50% XP Bonus when Paired Up. So Avatar's Children should become Tacticians first, then they can level they class you REALLY want that much faster. And because Avatar children can be almost any class, they can grind for skill a lot faster than anyone else.

XXXXXXXXXXX EDIT - OMG XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Level 10 Dark Mage Owain and Level 7 Dark Mage Morgan do a challenge battle at the Milla Tree. The monsters were all promoted units. Morgan took was in the lead paired with Owain and all else fell back. MorganActually Killed every monster on the map by just sitting in one spot and waiting to be attacked. She went from Lv. 7 to Lv. 20 in one battle.

In the course of one afternoon Morgan went from a Level 10 Cleric (how she was generated) to a Level 10 Tactician. To a Level 20 Dark Mage!!!

I did NOT save because my Main Team need the XP WAY MORE than she does. I am going to remove the XP ability from them to slow them down. This is something to remember for Lunatic Mode though.

thedestinedblade
February 24th, 2013, 10:53 AM
So about halfway through the game on Hard difficulty and honestly the first couple chapters were probably the most annoying. Past that, nothing too insanely difficult.

I have Nowi/Vaike (going for Berserker), Olivia/Henry, Kellam/Panne, Chrom/My Unit, Donnel/Lissa and Sumia/Frederick paired so far.

Also went ahead and purchased the 3 available DLC characters. I wished they would have kept the characters original classes though. It's weird to see Micaiah as a Dark Mage, but I guess since there is no light magic in this game they have to work with what they have.

machomuu
February 24th, 2013, 01:37 PM
So about halfway through the game on Hard difficulty and honestly the first couple chapters were probably the most annoying. Past that, nothing too insanely difficult.

Yeah, Hard is actually pretty easy (and only gets easier as you go), but the beginning can be terrible if you're trying to keep everyone alive; it's pretty merciless in that way.

New Mystery of the Fire Emblem (the Monsho no Nazo DS remake) was like that as well, though it was much harder to keep people alive at the beginning of that game.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves Morgan; she's a beast on the battlefield.

thedestinedblade
February 24th, 2013, 03:52 PM
I think my favorite character is probably Cherche. Not just in terms of design and looks, but she's been an awesome unit and her supports have easily been some of my favorites too.

Another thing is the OST for this game is really awesome. A ton of really amazing tracks; my favorite soundtrack in the FE series no doubt.

machomuu
February 24th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Hm...my favorite character would probably be...I dunno...

The characters in this iteration is among one of the most diverse and yet still well developed casts I've seen in media, so it's really hard to choose. I honestly was not expecting the characters to be fleshed out because of how many of them there are before getting into the game, but I was proven dead wrong. Pretty much every character is interesting and none of them are cliche, not even Chrom (who I was actually expecting to be the stereotypical "heroic 'can't let anyone fall in battle' nonlogical' character, and he completely averted that trope).

SnowpointQuincy
February 24th, 2013, 06:35 PM
I snagged my first Spotpass Avatar at a restaurant. He was insanly powerfull and difficult to beat. Easilly the most difficult challenge in the game so far. The one good thing about meeting overpowered teams on Spotpass is that you can buy ANY ITEM the team is holding.

I was able to buy some brave swords and legendary weapons from this over powered team.

I unlocked Severa and Kejal (Sumia's stranged named daughter, spelling wrong).

Sumia, Lissa, and My Unit need a class change because of their high level, but have no idea what to do with them.

shadowdueler474
February 24th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Wow, how did I miss this topic. Well anyways I have to agree with the points that were already agreed upon that this is a great game. The DLC maps add quite a bit of time to the game. Anna speaking in the French accent is awesome.

@SnowpointQuincy Reclass Lissa to pegasus rider and make Sumia dark flier because Galeforce is the best skill in the game, also it being a female only skill you are going to want it inherited down the the male children characters. For your Avatar make him into a hero (if he is a guy) so that he can get counter another immensely awesome skill. Also since counter is male only you should have the female children inherit it. Also Kejjel is Sully's daughter not Sumia.

So anyways I started this game on hard-classic because I'm a good Fire Emblem player and thought I could handle it and it wasn't that hard. Only had troule on the children chapters because only three of them had their parents on my team so all the others had sucktastic stats when they started out because I only went up to S support rank for the ones I weren't using. Though I did grind so I'm gonna come back and hard-classic without grinding.

So I just started my Lunatic-casual mode playthrough, I would have done it classic but because of the difficulty to keep everyone alive and the fact I meant for this file to be my female Avatar file. I wanted to keep everyone alive so I could get their supports. Also it is great to be on casual because everyone that I don't plan on using is a free meat shield! :) I'm such a horrible person. But I am grinding on this file too so I'm probably going to come back and play Lunatic-classic with no grinding after my Hard-classic with no grinding playthrough. Then I'll take on Lunatic+, that will probably rip me to shreds. Also practically everyone on my team is a meat shield because my only damage dealers are Chrom and Avatar sparingly, and Frederick. I'm probably going to have Avatar (F) marry Chrom so that Morgan (M) gets Rightful King automatically.

Also Henry is my favorite character, he is all around pure awesome.

SnowpointQuincy
February 24th, 2013, 11:00 PM
I turned Avatar into a Hero to pick up Sol. I used a Levin Sword to make the transition easier. Only need 1.5 Levin Swords to get to level 10 Hero and Reclass to Dark Knight.

@Shadowdueler: Counter is a Lv15 Warrior Ability. As it only works on ajacent enimies it would not be as useful to a caster. (I Think) And I already made the kids with tomeflair instead for two reasons. 1. Lissa is useless as a Dark Flyier 2. Saving Galeforce Spam for a second Playthrough.

Sumia was a Dark Flyier becase she is actually useable like that. She has galeforce now.

thedestinedblade
February 25th, 2013, 12:58 PM
The characters in this iteration is among one of the most diverse and yet still well developed casts I've seen in media, so it's really hard to choose. I honestly was not expecting the characters to be fleshed out because of how many of them there are before getting into the game, but I was proven dead wrong. Pretty much every character is interesting and none of them are cliche, not even Chrom (who I was actually expecting to be the stereotypical "heroic 'can't let anyone fall in battle' nonlogical' character, and he completely averted that trope).

Yeah, that was my problem with Radiant Dawn. Gameplay was fun and all, but with such a huge cast they settled for this generic support system. So a lot of the new character's background, personalities, and so on were pretty much left in the dark. I feel like this game got it right for the most part though I'm realizing the conversations between siblings and the variable father are all the same, it's not that big of a deal for me.

shadowdueler474
February 25th, 2013, 02:18 PM
I turned Avatar into a Hero to pick up Sol. I used a Levin Sword to make the transition easier. Only need 1.5 Levin Swords to get to level 10 Hero and Reclass to Dark Knight.

@Shadowdueler: Counter is a Lv15 Warrior Ability. As it only works on ajacent enimies it would not be as useful to a caster. (I Think) And I already made the kids with tomeflair instead for two reasons. 1. Lissa is useless as a Dark Flyier 2. Saving Galeforce Spam for a second Playthrough.

Sumia was a Dark Flyier becase she is actually useable like that. She has galeforce now.

Wow, didn't realized I typed Hero, I was sure I typed Warrior. Actually having counter on a caster would generally be more helpful because they normally have less defense thus take more physical damage. So is a physical unit decides to rush you he would pretty much kill himself (if he hits). Also Lissa isn't bad as a Dark Flyer because they can use magic and Lissa stated out as a Cleric so she should be somewhat strong in magic when you reclass her.

Also the greatest skill combo in the game is Galeforce+Lifetaker. It is just so amazing. Being able to attack twice plus gain 50% of HP with every kill you get if you initiate the battle potentially can lead to a 100% HP net gain basically letting you run through maps with ease.

SnowpointQuincy
February 25th, 2013, 02:41 PM
I know this isn't the most game breaking Build for Nah, but this I the build I'm going to do. I'm skipping Sol to avoid grinding more than 1 promoted class AND because Sol is Skill based activation and Manakete Skill Cap is 32.

I feel this build for Gregor!Nah focuses most on getting good abilities as fast as possible without wasting TOO much time. Sword Breaker is important because the only weapon that does effective damage to dragons is a sword. (wyrmblade, Falcion)

Gregor!Nah --> Sword Breaker (mother) AxeBreaker (Gregor)
Lv15 Manakete -> Odd Rythem / Wyrm Damage
Lv10 Mercenary ->Armsthrift / Patience
Lv10 Hero -> Sol =OR= Lv10 Troubador -> Resistance+2 / Demosile
Lv15 War Cleric -> Rally Luck / Renewal

1. Sword Breaker 2. Axe Breaker 3. Armsthrift 4. Renewal 5. Patience

That is 50 levels total, but only 15 promoted level if you skip Sol.

Kellam and Donnel are the other Choice Parent for here, but I'll save though game breaking combos for a second play-through.

.EJ
February 26th, 2013, 07:17 AM
I actually have a list written down with what I'm planning for the children now that I'm on my second playthrough:

Severa - Hero (Cordelia-->Galeforce and Stahl-->Luna)
Yarne - Assassin (Lon'qu--> Astra and assassinclass-->Lethality)
Kjelle - (Sully-->Luna and ~something from Kellam)
Noire - (Tharja-->Lifetaker and Libra-->Renewal)
Lucina - (Chrom-->Aether and Lucina-->Renewal)

I probably won't use Morgan because I don't like how the male one looks. I picked a female MU this time around and married her with Gaius.

SnowpointQuincy
February 26th, 2013, 10:13 AM
I ALMOST have all 13 children pick out for a second run through. (I haven't even finished my first game.) There are just a few pick that I haven't made yet.

The biggest question is Nah. I want to use her heavily on my next team. Donnel can't be the father (he is a popular choice) because he is giving 49 Luck Cap to Kjelle. So the only choices left are Gregor and Kellam.

Kellam offers stellar defense, better tank. Gregor offers Armsthrift witch makes it easier to actually use Nah as much as I want.

I suppose defense can always be made up with pairing. Armsthrift allows the expensive Dragonstone+ to be used 100% without having to buy new ones too often. Her Armsthrift would only be 92% maxed, so its not perfect.

I'm also trying to expiriment with Counter Archers, Bow users that have counter to deal damage when they are attacked at melee range. Not sure if it is as practical as I imagine.

.EJ
February 26th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Counter archers eh? That's a cool idea; let me know how it works out.

I'm going for Astra archer with Yarne.

SnowpointQuincy
February 27th, 2013, 04:05 PM
I didn't have anybody that knew counter except Titania from the Bonus Box. Anybody from the Bonus box can be reclassed into anything, like the avatar. So, I turned her into an Archer.

If was interesting to have damage being dealt when otherwise you would be defenseless. However, Counter doesn't just isn't a good ability for player characters.

1. You have to take damage for it to work. If you have counter on a tank that takes very little damage from attacks, Counter does nothing. Same goes for Pairs that Support-Block each other. I would rather take no damage than deal damage with Counter.

2. Every time you take damage, you risk dieing. My Viron has more defense than his wife, Sully (paladin). He can take a hit. But that doesn't mean he can Zerg-Rush 3 enemies at once. It is just smarter to avoid taking damage in the first place.

3. Enemies killed by Counter Skill DO NOT EARN XP. Apperently, if a foe is killed by Counter damage, you gain no XP for his death. That is a deal breaker right there.
----------

Sully Virron makes a powerful team. Sully have more range to put the Archer in position. And The two of them share High Speed and Skill. So, they often attack twice and get Critical Hits. And Attacking twice also means more chances to get a Critical hit.

Critical hits are basically OHKO.

Another strategy is to pair up and Archer/ranged unit with a Tank. The extra defense will protect the Archer. Dual Guard+ Skill will make the tank negate damage more often.

The AI will never attack kellam because his defenses are too high. They will instead attack the Avatar, who is 15 levels higher, because the Avatar has lower defenses. If the Archer had High enough defenses from his partner, and their are other units to attack, the AI will probably attack whoever will take more damage.

Unless attacking a man who can't fight back Literally takes priority.

shadowdueler474
February 27th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Well seeing as how you can get infinite exp there really isn't much worry. Also if you are on a non-grinding run then by that point in time your characters would already be set for the rest of the game. Also I find counter to just be a plus side to getting hit. Not something you should base a tactic off of.

Aura Vitae
February 27th, 2013, 07:51 PM
This game is really addictive. Between my two save files I have over seventy hours invested in it and I haven't even started chapter 14 on my second(Playing on Hard-Classic) because I still have to do Kjelle's paralogue along with Nah's paralogue I believe. Before I even tackle them though I want to promote Noire to a Sorcerer first because Noseratu is awesome though I might promote her early because her stats are capping already as a Dark Mage.

Before I forget I figured that I would list the classes the future children are currently in and what skills they inherited:

Brady - Paladin(Maribelle-Demoiselle, Kellam- Indoor Fighter. I figured he would make a good tank because of Kellam.)

Gerome - Wyvern Lord(Virion- Bowfaire, Cherche- Swordbreaker. I'm surprised his strength hasn't capped yet.)

Severa - Assassin(Cordelia- Galeforce, Gaius-Locktouch. I'm in love with Lethality)

Lucina - Assassin(Chrom- Aether, FeMU- Ignis. Assassins are lovely.)

Yarne - Assassin(Donnel- Aptitude, Panne-Locktouch. I would reclass him back to a Taguel but his capped stats please me.)

Owain - Dark Knight(Lissa- Tomefaire, Ricken- Rally Magic.)

Morgan - Grandmaster(FeMU- Rally Spectrum, Chrom- Rightful King)

Cynthia - Falcon Knight(Sumia- Galeforce, Henry- Tomebreaker)

Noire - Sorcerer(Tharja- Tomebreaker, Libra- Renewal. Her stats as a Dark Mage were starting to cap in magic speed and skill so I decided to promote her early.)

Laurent - Sorcerer(Miriel- Magic+2, Frederick- Luna. I didn't use these two often seeing as I didn't want to rely on Frederick.)

Once they are evenly leveled I'll see if I can take on the rest of the game with just the kids.

.EJ
February 28th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Right, well so far I've acquired:
Kids and Abilities

Kjelle w/ Luna and Locktouch.
Yarne w/ Astra. (He finally got Vantage and Lethality from his classes)
Morgan w/ Ignis and Locktouch (might use him)
Noire w/ Lifetaker and Renewal.
Lucina w/ Aether and Renewal.

About to get Severa.

Aura Vitae
February 28th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Right, well so far I've acquired:
Kids and Abilities

Kjelle w/ Luna and Locktouch.
Yarne w/ Astra. (He finally got Vantage and Lethality from his classes)
Morgan w/ Ignis and Locktouch (might use him)
Noire w/ Lifetaker and Renewal.
Lucina w/ Aether and Renewal.

About to get Severa.

Rescue Staves are your friend for Severa's paralogue.

SnowpointQuincy
February 28th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Got to the final chapter on Hard Casual. NO SPOILERS. You are going to die a lot.

I'm going to ability grind for some skills I want to play with, maybe those will help.

Aura Vitae
February 28th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Got to the final chapter on Hard Casual. NO SPOILERS. You are going to die a lot.

I'm going to ability grind for some skills I want to play with, maybe those will help.

If I'm not mistaken the reinforcements are unlimited in the final chapter aren't they? My first file was on Normal/Casual so I'm not sure.

SnowpointQuincy
February 28th, 2013, 05:34 PM
You are right. I don't want to say too much about it for those who aren't there yet.

I'm going to do a lot of grinding and child-rearing to finish this game.

I'm already planning my second play through. I'm Going to do Hard-Classic No Deaths (hopefully).

I tried Lunatic, but the jump in difficulty is staggering. I've beaten the first level on Lunatic in the Demo, but still...

Aura Vitae
February 28th, 2013, 06:16 PM
You are right. I don't want to say too much about it for those who aren't there yet.

I'm going to do a lot of grinding and child-rearing to finish this game.

I'm already planning my second play through. I'm Going to do Hard-Classic No Deaths (hopefully).

I tried Lunatic, but the jump in difficulty is staggering. I've beaten the first level on Lunatic in the Demo, but still...
I bounced back and forth on deciding whether or not to go with Lunatic mode for my second play through but I couldn't get past the prologue on Lunatic mode unfortunately.

thedestinedblade
February 28th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Lunatic is impossible on Classic mode. I only manage to get past the first chapter (before restarting on Hard), and that took me numerous tries too. You pretty much have to rely on Frederick, but even so, there's always a Risen carrying around a damn Hammer.

Aura Vitae
February 28th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Lunatic is impossible on Classic mode. I only manage to get past the first chapter (before restarting on Hard), and that took me numerous tries too. You pretty much have to rely on Frederick, but even so, there's always a Risen carrying around a damn Hammer.

Is it really impossible I thought Lunatic+ could be unlocked after beating Lunatic though?

TornZero
February 28th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Is it really impossible I thought Lunatic+ could be unlocked after beating Lunatic though?

It's mostly impossible on Classic, where death is permanent — you can die a thousand times over on the Prologue on Lunatic (it was somewhere in that range for me at least |D ). However, every difficulty has the option of Casual, and Lunatic is (in my opinion) the only difficulty where Casual is appropriate, if not even necessary.

SnowpointQuincy
February 28th, 2013, 10:56 PM
I'm glad they have difficulty setting that can kick my ass. If you really want a challenge, these you go. For most people, Hard is the right challenge level. And Normal mode, make it easier for younger people to enter the series. Getting new players will make it possible for more great games to be made.

I need to grind a little to beat the final boss, but many of my charaters are Lv.16-20 Promoted. I want to reclass them, but so many are ready for new classes I don't think I can spend that much on Seals and still have money for weapons.

If I sell everything I could drum up 40k, but I have a lot of good stuff.

I was grinding Nawi to make a better Nah. I needed an Axe. I had SIX SILVER AXES just sitting there. She broke 2 whole Silver Axes, 1 Steel Axe, and 1 Bronze Axe to level up 25 times as Wyvern Rider -> Wyvern Lord. Faster than I thought. Still have FOUR SILVER AXES LEFT!

Nawi had INCREDIBLE LUCK not getting hit during her training. Then I realized her Skills: Odd Rythem (avoid +10) Fast Burn (avoid +15) Tantivy (avoid + 10) She was rarely hit.

Now Naw needs similar training.

Aura Vitae
March 1st, 2013, 06:00 AM
I'm glad they have difficulty setting that can kick my ass. If you really want a challenge, these you go. For most people, Hard is the right challenge level. And Normal mode, make it easier for younger people to enter the series. Getting new players will make it possible for more great games to be made.

I need to grind a little to beat the final boss, but many of my charaters are Lv.16-20 Promoted. I want to reclass them, but so many are ready for new classes I don't think I can spend that much on Seals and still have money for weapons.

If I sell everything I could drum up 40k, but I have a lot of good stuff.

I was grinding Nawi to make a better Nah. I needed an Axe. I had SIX SILVER AXES just sitting there. She broke 2 whole Silver Axes, 1 Steel Axe, and 1 Bronze Axe to level up 25 times as Wyvern Rider -> Wyvern Lord. Faster than I thought. Still have FOUR SILVER AXES LEFT!

Nawi had INCREDIBLE LUCK not getting hit during her training. Then I realized her Skills: Odd Rythem (avoid +10) Fast Burn (avoid +15) Tantivy (avoid + 10) She was rarely hit.

Now Naw needs similar training.

My Nah is amazing after becoming an Assassin. Do you use the DLC at all for grinding purposes? By the way her name is Nowi not Nawi.

SnowpointQuincy
March 1st, 2013, 02:02 PM
I use the bonus box to summon teams to fight. I haven't bought the DLC yet. I might though.

I'm just grinding units to kill the final boss. Nowi and Nah are amazing units. Their stat growth as Wyvern Riders makes them powerful fast. They have very high HP and Strength for their level. I made Lon'Qu a trickster for Lucky Seven. Chrom is a Paladin now.

I'm ready to beat this boss already.

thedestinedblade
March 1st, 2013, 04:25 PM
DLC has been "meh" so far. It's cool seeing old characters again, but I wish they had some battle lines aside from just "...!!" The old maps with previous FE music is cool too.

I think they'll be adding the new Dread Fighter class next week. This week we got Walhart available via spotpass and the EXPonential Growth Map which lets you fight Risen who give a 100 exp after every defeat.

machomuu
March 1st, 2013, 05:46 PM
I kinda wish the maps were cheaper though, only because there will be so many of them and various ones are new scenarios on similar maps.

Aura Vitae
March 1st, 2013, 06:33 PM
DLC has been "meh" so far. It's cool seeing old characters again, but I wish they had some battle lines aside from just "...!!" The old maps with previous FE music is cool too.

I think they'll be adding the new Dread Fighter class next week. This week we got Walhart available via spotpass and the EXPonential Growth Map which lets you fight Risen who give a 100 exp after every defeat.
I think Season 2 of the DLC is supposed to be a lot better. I liked using the exponential growth map to grind my straggling units up to speed and to create powerhouses in the process. I haven't even started chapter 14 yet on my second file because I've been grinding so much. I'm working on bringing Kjelle and Inigo up to speed right now. On a side note I have a strange love for the Assassin class and the stat caps for a lot of the characters as an Assassin seem to love me too. As for the spotpass maps I don't plan on touching them until they all have been released So I can run through them one at a time. without waiting weeks between each map.

SnowpointQuincy
March 1st, 2013, 10:32 PM
I BEAT HE GAME! The last boss is such a pain.

After trying over and over, luck was in my favor. Sumia with a brave Lance did 4 damage 3 times. Pavise activated every time she attacked. Chrom was her partner and attacked twice for 25 damage. He was left with 12 HP. Avatar Killed him with a forged arcwind. Forged for hit chance, because the boss is so hard to hit.

Ghosteon
March 2nd, 2013, 03:48 AM

After trying over and over, luck was in my favor. Sumia with a brave Lance did 4 damage 3 times. Pavise activated every time she attacked. Chrom was her partner and attacked twice for 25 damage. He was left with 12 HP. Avatar Killed him with a forged arcwind. Forged for hit chance, because the boss is so hard to hit.

Ah, Fire Emblem Awakening was an amazing game, although I had a strategy that made the last boss easy for me.

I realized that both of my defenses on the sides were weakening,so I put Chrom and the Avatar together, then used Olvia's dance move to give them another turn and killed the final boss. They were both my strongest units, and I hoarded all of the stat boosting items for myself, so the final battle for me ended in 3 turns.

The DLC is nice for training for EXP. I used it to build relationships so I could have everyone married before the end of the game. I found the "The Golden Gaffe" easy to train with, because the enemies simply run away and only attack if you attack them, that way you don't have to worry about your character getting killed.

Aura Vitae
March 2nd, 2013, 06:08 AM

Congrats on beating the game.

As for beating the final boss the first time I had Ricken and Yarne rush up to land a few hits with a forged Arcwind and had my Avatar take over and land the final hit in my first play through.

@Ghosteon, "The Golden Gaffe" DLC map is more for gold purposes than training your team which is EXPonential Growth's job.

TornZero
March 3rd, 2013, 06:13 AM
I've gone five straight chapters now with nothing but Donnel and his wife Paired Up... and a Ladle. I gave him a Glass Sword as a backup weapon, just in case the Ladle breaks, but his Luck is just so freaking high! 48 Luck on an Armsthrift-Sol Hero Donny just totally breaks the game. (That said, I paired him with Nowi, and Nah only ever needs a single Dragonstone. She still has her first, even after a ton of Risen grinding.)

Note: I'm on Hard-Classic, for the playthrough I'm on now.

Aura Vitae
March 3rd, 2013, 06:42 AM
I've gone five straight chapters now with nothing but Donnel and his wife Paired Up... and a Ladle. I gave him a Glass Sword as a backup weapon, just in case the Ladle breaks, but his Luck is just so freaking high! 48 Luck on an Armsthrift-Sol Hero Donny just totally breaks the game. (That said, I paired him with Nowi, and Nah only ever needs a single Dragonstone. She still has her first, even after a ton of Risen grinding.)

Note: I'm on Hard-Classic, for the playthrough I'm on now.

I paired Donnel up with Panne and as a result Yarne has become my strongest unit.

TornZero
March 3rd, 2013, 05:17 PM
While we're on the pairings, does anyone else love the Support conversations?

SnowpointQuincy
March 3rd, 2013, 07:12 PM
Love the supports. So much fun.

Started a Hard-Classic Run after beating Hard-Casual. Totally different game. I have terrible record with new characters. When Sully is introduced, she dies, reset. When Kellam is introduced, he got Hammered, reset. Sumia survived because I paired her up with Chrom, Again. She is still level one.

I don't plan on resetting for every character, but at the beginning of the game I feel like I need to hold on to the few people I have. (especially parents)

thedestinedblade
March 3rd, 2013, 09:07 PM
Supports Conversations are the reason (for me anyways) that a lot of FE games have great replay value. That's why as good as Radiant Dawn's gameplay was, the generic supports didn't really give me a reason to go through the game more than a couple times.

SnowpointQuincy
March 5th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Second play-through on Hard-Classic. Only perfect map I've done was Paralogue 1. Got Donnle to Level 3, got both chests open, got Vaike to Lv10 to re-class him, got Sumia to Lv5.

Great level. First try, no resets.

Vaike as a barbarian/berzerker is amazing. He just smashes everything. My first game used a lot of speed-demon and magic users, but not strength based bruisers.

My new Avatar, Julius, is +Speed/-Magic. I thought about marrying Lucina for the Stats. (+9 speed). But I might marry for love. I LOVE Sully. She is my favorite character. I have not unlocked Anna yet, but from what I have seen... I'm curious.

I don't know who to marry. Marrying the Avatar to Lucina would give her a good partner, which she never had last game. She was always alone because she can only form supports with other Children. Plus, there are some ironic spoiler reasons to be married to Lucina before the climax of the game.

Sully is awesome and needs no explanation. "Because reasons are for chumps!"

TornZero
March 5th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Okay, I'm on my fourth playthrough — Lunatic-Casual — and I can't get past Chapter 2. I'm expecting 3 and onward to be easier, but right now 2 is just totally kicking my arse. xD

Any advice here? I know to keep the attention on Freddy for the first few chapters, but that isn't much help without knowing where to put him. xD

Took... 17 tries, but I totally did it. *Hardest part of Lunatic over; takes 16 tries for Chapter 3* |D

thedestinedblade
March 6th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Yeah, if I could just get through Chapter 2 on Lunatic/Classic, I feel like I could finish the game entirely. I just don't see how it's possible though. On Lunatic/Casual I barely got by, lol. I had to sacrifice everyone while hiding the My Unit and Chrom while getting lucky enough with Fredrick to avoid a couple deadly hits.

SnowpointQuincy
March 6th, 2013, 03:13 PM
I summoned Mist from the Bonus Box. Her guys are Lv3-5. I was training Gaius and Muriel who were wanting level ups. I did EVERYTHING PERFECT.

Then a Lv5 Mage got a CRITICAL HIT on Muriel. She had full health, not anymore. Reset.

Panne and Virion are working well together, I plan on Yarne being some kind of Bow User.

It is Lissa's Birthday today. SO, she got extra DEF and RES.

thedestinedblade
March 8th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Anyone try out the new Dread Fighter class? It's based off a class from FE2, but with a bit of tweaks. They have awesome resistance, good attack (can wield swords/axes), but can also use tomes as well. The sprite looks pretty cool too; sort of ninja-like.

Aura Vitae
March 9th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Anyone try out the new Dread Fighter class? It's based off a class from FE2, but with a bit of tweaks. They have awesome resistance, good attack (can wield swords/axes), but can also use tomes as well. The sprite looks pretty cool too; sort of ninja-like.
I reclassed two of my characters into it near the end of my Hard Classic play through and I liked it alot for both the nice resistance, the versatility and how the class looks.

SnowpointQuincy
March 10th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Just bought the Golden Pack and Bloodlines Pack.

After reading the Dread Fighter Abilities, it looks a little overpowered. But I don't know for sure. +10 Resistance sounds game breaking to characters like Vaike who has 1 Res near Lv20.

+10 Attack on Player's Turn sound powerful, but really isn't. There are many maps where 99% of the action happens on the enemy turn. So this ability is balanced.

I'll update this post when I actually play the new class.

thedestinedblade
March 10th, 2013, 05:30 PM
It doesn't end there. Eventually we'll get the DLC Bride class, which is a female-only class, and allows the usage of staves, bows, lances. ;)

TornZero
March 10th, 2013, 09:12 PM
I bet that they wield a bouquet that has a retractable spear disguised as a flower!

thedestinedblade
March 11th, 2013, 08:52 AM
haha, don't know about that, but either way it's pretty weird seeing someone fight in a wedding dress.

Started a playthrough again on lunatic/classic again, lol. I'm gonna get past chapter 2 if it that's last thing I do. :\

edit: Got to chapter 4! Lost Virion, Vaike, Sully, Stahl, and Miriel in the process though, lol.

SnowpointQuincy
March 12th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Accidentally saved over my second play of the game with my older game. I had over 20 hours on my second game that got overwritten.

Started a Lunatic Run.

thedestinedblade
March 12th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Started a Lunatic Run.

Casual or Classic? Chapter 2 is killer on Classic; lost 3 units on that one, but Chapter 3 isn't much easier either. Somehow was lucky enough to keep Kellam and Sumia alive. If you can get past those two, you shouldn't have too much trouble with the rest.

I usually avoid lunatic on FE games, but normal and hard were much too easy in this game.

darkpokeball
March 16th, 2013, 11:24 AM
I love this game! still on my first playthrough, if I wasn't sidetracked so easily I'd have beaten the game by now. Stupid reeking boxes...I can't stop using them to build up support! I also keep doing DLC...just beat Lost Bloodlines 1.

I looked into Lost Bloodlines 2 and I have a question:
-Do I get a dread scroll every time I beat it? Or do I only get 1 from the first time I beat it, leaving only one of my units able to become a Dread Fighter.

thedestinedblade
March 16th, 2013, 11:51 AM
I haven't tried getting more than one myself, but I'm sure it's unlimited as long you keep finishing the map.

Alakazam17
March 16th, 2013, 02:32 PM
It was a pain getting my hands on this game(Nintendo apparently underestimated the hype and didn't send enough), but it was well worth it! I'm still in my first playthrough, having held off from DLC until I do that.

So I'm loving the story so far, and Lucina is now officially my favourite Fire Emblem character. Her reaction to Chrom figuring out her gender is exactly how I imagine myself reacting to the same thing. And the support conversations almost always make me laugh now, especially those between Lon'qu and Cordelia, who are now married in my game. =3

machomuu
March 16th, 2013, 02:41 PM
It was a pain getting my hands on this game(Nintendo apparently underestimated the hype and didn't send enough), but it was well worth it! I'm still in my first playthrough, having held off from DLC until I do that.

It was a shipping error, though some people surmise that it was a ploy by Nintendo to boost eShop sales. The theory is improbable, but not completely unlikely.

darkpokeball
March 16th, 2013, 05:51 PM
It was a shipping error, though some people surmise that it was a ploy by Nintendo to boost eShop sales. The theory is improbable, but not completely unlikely.
lol, I was one of the people that got it from the eShop. While I love the game, I kind of wish that I would be able to hold the case in my hands, analyze the back of it(like I do with all my other game cases) and skimming the manual that came with it. I don't even know what the cartridge looked like....strange that the only flaws in the game isn't with the game, it's just how I obtained it(there was no other choice, cuz I didn't feel like spending 59.99 for a 39.99 game.

shadowdueler474
March 16th, 2013, 07:12 PM
I looked into Lost Bloodlines 2 and I have a question:
-Do I get a dread scroll every time I beat it? Or do I only get 1 from the first time I beat it, leaving only one of my units able to become a Dread Fighter.

Yup, get one every single time you beat the map. Once you are strong enough you should do Lost Bloodlines 3. Gives the paragon skill. The skill is amazing.

TornZero
March 16th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Paragon: Experience gain x2

Probably the only reason I was able to use Astrid when I played Path of Radiance. >_>

thedestinedblade
March 16th, 2013, 09:23 PM
lol, never used her in FE9 or FE10. Though I'm currently replaying PoR atm and finally decided to use some ignored characters (namely her, Sothe, and Largo)

Anyways, those Bloodline maps are pretty annoying on lunatic. Paragon is nice, but I really wanted Seliph (Favorite FE Lord) who comes with the awesome skill Galeforce. Elincia's not too bad either though I was hoping we'd be getting Eirika and the Bride class this week.

CarcharOdin
March 17th, 2013, 12:54 PM
This is my first Fire Emblem game, so I'm relatively new to the series (which is why I'm playing Normal Classic), but I gotta say I'm enjoying the game thus far. Haven't played a game like this since FFTactics Advance.

Currently on chapter 9 I believe. I'm not going to play it much today due to starting Fallout: New Vegas again, but this'll be the handheld game I'll be playing for a while.

As far as marriage is concerned, my avatar is married to Lissa. Really, she just has a lot of charm. And I just couldn't resist Sumia marrying Chrom.

Nowi creeps me out for some reason, mostly due to being a loli. I get creeped out by lolicon.

sad boy
March 17th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Just on my view of the game so far.
I've only gotten my hands on the demo but it showed a lot of promise!
It has improved a lot since the last Fire Emblem game.
Good Voice acting. Bumped up Graphics. New systems of battle. and adept story line. Marth is still in it.

I hope i can get my hands on the game itself.

shadowdueler474
March 17th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Marth is still in it.

Marth is only in it in name

Though you are pretty much right with everything else but the story. People are generally disappointed with the story but I think it is enjoyable.

SnowpointQuincy
March 17th, 2013, 04:51 PM
I enjoyed the Story a lot. I loved how the Avatar was an actual character in the story and not just some random passerby. Your custom character is actually important to the plot. He didn't just fall out of the sky.

darkpokeball
March 17th, 2013, 10:00 PM
I enjoyed the Story a lot. I loved how the Avatar was an actual character in the story and not just some random passerby. Your custom character is actually important to the plot. He didn't just fall out of the sky.

Heh...I literally just beat the game minutes ago.
Before you beat the game, did anyone else feel the heroic-vibe as Basilio came out of nowhere in Ch.23 and revealed that the whole thing was an elaborate plan! I greatly enjoyed that part, especially because the whole game was leading up to that one event.

Also, Grima's final map was pretty crazy. Way too many enemy units, I just charged ahead with Chrom and destroyed the final boss in 4 turns.

SnowpointQuincy
March 18th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Also, Grima's final map was pretty crazy. Way too many enemy units, I just charged ahead with Chrom and destroyed the final boss in 4 turns.

You actually survived more than 2 turns?
I figured if you don't kill him in two turns Chrom of Avatar get slaughtered by 32 enemy units!

I got to Chapter 11 Hard-Classic, the point where my other file got deleted.

Sully and Donnel are married. Donnel is a beast with a Forged Bronze Sword, Slick Piggie.

Chrom/Sumia becase awesome!

Virion + Panne = work very well together.

Kellam + Nah = Gregor is a good choice too, but I wan't to have different pairs on this File. Gregor makes Nah an evasion Tank that avoids all attacks and Kellam makes Nah a traditional tank that never takes any damage ever. (Top Gear Top Tip - use Deliverer and Movement +1. So Nah can always be on the front lines (not)taking damage for the team. The AI will not attack her unless she is the only option. They wont attack BECAUSE they know her defense is too high!

Haven't Decided who the avatar will Marry. It will be Lucina, but I want to try out ALL the ladies first! ;)

thedestinedblade
March 18th, 2013, 11:22 AM
I'm on Chapter 19 on Lunatic/Classic difficulty. Funny thing is the overworld battles are actually harder than the storyline ones. Enemies on the world map all have max stats, which almost makes it impossible to win unless all you characters are maxed out as well.

As for pairings, I paired up the avatar with Anna, Donnel with Olivia (was able to pass on Galeforce to Inigo :D), Maribelle/Gaius, Morgan/Gerome, Cynthia/Inigo, and Chrom/Sumia of course. Using two DLC character as well (Micaiah and Seliph) That's pretty much it for the units I've been using on this playthrough. Sadly, no room for Tiki or Noire this time around.

shadowdueler474
March 18th, 2013, 07:44 PM
^Honestly galeforce isn't as useful on Lunatic as it is on hard or normal. Courter, Paxis, and Aegis are what I would try to pass down.

Also for those who use Donny make sure to max his luck and get armsthrift on him. Have someone pair up with him and boom infinite weapon uses.

darkpokeball
March 19th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Pairings? Well, I didn't know about child units on my first runthrough, so I paired everyone up randomly. And then I learned about child units and set about recruiting them all..
Pairings:
Gregor/Tharja
Vaike/Lissa
Chrom/Sumia
Panne/Virion
Cherche/Gaius
Donnel/Cordelia

I am also currently very mad because I found the Severa mission, was able to talk to her with Chrom and defeat the boss with Gerome the next turn. Then, I saved because the stage was clear...and Severa wasn't in my group. I guess this means I wasted Donnel as a husband...and my plans for Avatar to marry Severa...i'm so sad right now. Why didn't she join me?!

LORD ANTE
March 19th, 2013, 04:53 PM
I am also currently very mad because I found the Severa mission, was able to talk to her with Chrom and defeat the boss with Gerome the next turn. Then, I saved because the stage was clear...and Severa wasn't in my group. I guess this means I wasted Donnel as a husband...and my plans for Avatar to marry Severa...i'm so sad right now. Why didn't she join me?!
She only joins your group if she speaks with Holland.

thedestinedblade
March 19th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Yeah, she'll automatically head over to Holland (another NPC) and speak with him. You don't even need to speak with her with anyone. Just make sure she doesn't die (which is a pain in the ass on Lunatic)

Yuoaman
March 20th, 2013, 08:16 AM
I made that mistake as well and had to restart from the beginning to get all of the characters. Not so great.

SnowpointQuincy
March 20th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Yeah. I found this chapter hard on hard more. the high number of archers shooting through the walls to hit you is bizarre. But, then you learn why the pink lines are so important.

Also, just cast rescue on NPC that need to stay alive. Normally she is like five steeps ahead you you, but with rescue you can keep her 5 steeps behind.

LORD ANTE
March 20th, 2013, 01:49 PM
In that situation, Rescue is only viable if you don't make the mistake of not following her the first turn, because then she'll be long ahead of you come turn two and beyond. Honestly it's not that difficult to keep her alive, but since she doesn't attack on her own accord it's somewhat more of a challenge than it should be.

thedestinedblade
March 21st, 2013, 12:57 PM
Man, I wasn't even aware there was a Lunatic+ difficulty. Just got done on Lunatic/Classic and I think I'll be skipping that final difficulty challenge. :/ Last boss was pretty tough; thankfully I was able to defeat him in two turns thanks to Galeforce and Olivia dancing. :laugh:

Also: I don't see what was the point in bringing Emmeryn back. Her memory never returns and she moves to Regna Ferox to live out her life as a commoner? Doesn't really seem too believable.

Oh, and Eirika and the Bride Class are available today.

darkpokeball
March 21st, 2013, 04:52 PM
I made that mistake as well and had to restart from the beginning to get all of the characters. Not so great.

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do.
About to start my second save file, not sure what difficulty it should be. Seriously considering either Normal/Classic or Hard/Casual. Lunatic/Casual may be an option, but from what I've heard, Lunatic is incredibly difficult.

SnowpointQuincy
March 21st, 2013, 07:29 PM
Hard-Classic is enough for me. The jump to Lunatic is just to much to be fun. There are some luck based elements that can kill you. Myrmidons in the Prologue can double attack you, which is instant death. So, You have no choice but to choose Speed Asset to avoid getting double attacked by all enemies all the time.

Lunatic is exactly what it says on the tin, stay out unless you want to punish yourself. (Lunatic+ is a joke. Vantage+, Hawkeye, and other such abilities are crazy)

darkpokeball
March 21st, 2013, 07:39 PM
Hard-Classic is enough for me. The jump to Lunatic is just to much to be fun. There are some luck based elements that can kill you. Myrmidons in the Prologue can double attack you, which is instant death. So, You have no choice but to choose Speed Asset to avoid getting double attacked by all enemies all the time.

Lunatic is exactly what it says on the tin, stay out unless you want to punish yourself. (Lunatic+ is a joke. Vantage+, Hawkeye, and other such abilities are crazy)
Haha, yeah I love FE, but Lunatic would be too much of a challenge.
Yeah, probably going to go Hard>Casual.

thedestinedblade
March 21st, 2013, 08:55 PM
Lunatic/Classic is only really tough for the first five chapters. It's almost impossible to get past those without losing anyone. Lost about 4 characters during those chapters, and I figured that's the best I was gonna do so I continued on. After that though, you can abuse the DLC maps to train up everyone and not have everyone die on the first turn.

CarcharOdin
March 22nd, 2013, 12:29 PM
Playing on Hard/Classic

Haven't lost any units yet, but that's only because I keep restarting whenever I lose one. After child-rearing kicks in, I'll just let anyone I don't give a hoot about die...like Virion. I hate that bastard.

SnowpointQuincy
March 22nd, 2013, 01:26 PM
Virion is one of my favorites! I like archers. In my first game he was married to Sully. I LOVE Sully. She is my favorite and Virion was adjacent. I like the way he transitions the game into it's Second Act.

I'm at Chapter 12 of Hard-Classic, second run. I'm Planning to marry Avatar to Lucina. Kellam/Nowi is a lot of fun as a tank. Vike still has 1 Resistance. Every time he gets +1RES I lose someone and must reset. Eventually I'll make him a Dread Fighter, or replace him with Gerome.

darkpokeball
March 22nd, 2013, 01:42 PM
In my first runthrough, Vaike/Owain and Gerome/Cherche made two unstoppable combinations. Before I start my second file...I must know something!

-If I use different combos in marriage this time around, and change the appearance of the child units, which model shows up in my Unit Gallery? For example, my Owain is blonde. If, on my second playthrough, he becomes brown-haired, will my Unit Gallery feature a blonde or brown-haired Owain?

CarcharOdin
March 22nd, 2013, 06:35 PM
Currently on chapter 12

Here are my pairs so far:

Chrom/Sumia
Vaike/Sully
Frederick/Cordelia

Planned pairings:

Lon'Qu/Maribelle
Virion/Cherche
Nowi/Ricken
Gaius/Panne
Stahl/Mirel
Libra/Olivia

Aura Vitae
March 22nd, 2013, 06:47 PM
In my first runthrough, Vaike/Owain and Gerome/Cherche made two unstoppable combinations. Before I start my second file...I must know something!

-If I use different combos in marriage this time around, and change the appearance of the child units, which model shows up in my Unit Gallery? For example, my Owain is blonde. If, on my second playthrough, he becomes brown-haired, will my Unit Gallery feature a blonde or brown-haired Owain?

That's an interesting question which I'm wondering as well though not pertaining to Owain because I got the brown haired Owain in both my save files. I'll have to check that out later though only Yarne and Kjelle actually differed in hair color between my saves.

SnowpointQuincy
March 22nd, 2013, 09:47 PM
I just did chapter 12 hard classic. I found it very hard. I used defense tonics on everybody - Even Kellam/Nowi! Panne with beast slayer was a lot of fun against all the mounted people.

Panne was reclassed into Wyvern Rider. Her first axe is a forged LADLE! Ladles are so cheep to forge I maxed it out. 7MT, 9 Crit. Actually a good first weapon.

Kellam gained 6-7 level in chapter 12 and maxed out his levels. Promoted to Great Knight. Kellam OWNED half the map.

darkpokeball
March 23rd, 2013, 09:53 AM
That's an interesting question which I'm wondering as well though not pertaining to Owain because I got the brown haired Owain in both my save files. I'll have to check that out later though only Yarne and Kjelle actually differed in hair color between my saves.
Well, be sure to tell me the results!

Also, just started new file on Sacred Stones...after playing Awakening so long, the jump from 3ds to GBA was pretty jarring. The first two chapters were hard to get through due to me expecting more out of the game and trying to get used to the new interface(I miss not being able to pair up like I was able to in Awakening)

LORD ANTE
March 23rd, 2013, 10:49 AM
I cannot make myself reclass Panne. Right now her Lck and Str are already so amazing, and that paired with a Beaststone+ she just... She never loses a fight and often takes down three or four enemies during the Enemy Phase alone. She's my secret weapon and probably the biggest asset on the team and being reclassed is just awkward for me, aha.

Aura Vitae
March 23rd, 2013, 10:54 AM
Well, be sure to tell me the results!

Also, just started new file on Sacred Stones...after playing Awakening so long, the jump from 3ds to GBA was pretty jarring. The first two chapters were hard to get through due to me expecting more out of the game and trying to get used to the new interface(I miss not being able to pair up like I was able to in Awakening)

I checked last night and it shows the children from the latest play through it seems so it would show Owain with brown hair in yours.

CarcharOdin
March 23rd, 2013, 04:37 PM
The magic of my avatar is just so ridiculously overpowered.

With even the weakest spells I'm clocking in over 145 damage average whenever I get a critical with Ignis activated.

My avatar, Chrom, Frederick, Libra, Lucina, Gregor, and Thurja slaughter damn near anything that tries to get to close.

Aura Vitae
March 23rd, 2013, 04:42 PM
The magic of my avatar is just so ridiculously overpowered.

With even the weakest spells I'm clocking in over 145 damage average whenever I get a critical with Ignis activated.

My avatar, Chrom, Frederick, Libra, Lucina, Gregor, and Thurja slaughter damn near anything that tries to get to close.

Tharja could pretty much tank anything on my second play through with Nosferatu spam. Henry was almost as good but Tharja seemed to be better at it to me. I actually didn't use Frederick after pairing him with Miriel because I had others I wanted to train and eventually he fell behind.

CarcharOdin
March 23rd, 2013, 06:08 PM
Hard Classic is starting to get irritating for me, especially when it comes to recruiting child units and leveling up my weaker units.

I'm a newcomer to the series, so it's probably my own fault. I'm just more used to games like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, where a) your units don't die permanently (yes, I realize Casual mode allows your units in Awakening to not die, but I really don't want to start a new file after so much work already) and b) there's always the chance of battles popping up with reasonable enemies to level up your weaker units with nearly every time you move on the world map.

Oh, the only child units I have so far are Lucina and Owain.

LORD ANTE
March 23rd, 2013, 06:18 PM
Carchar, if you're worried about not being able to level up, see if there's anywhere you can buy Reeking Boxes yet (I don't know since I have yet to play on Classic with any difficulty) as they spawn foes on whatever part of the map you're on. They'll be relatively expensive on Hard mode to discourage grinding, but they're worth it.

Aura Vitae
March 23rd, 2013, 06:23 PM
This is my first Fire Emblem as well after the first few missions on my second play through I was able to adjust to the noticeable jump in difficulty between Normal/Casual and Hard/Classic. All of the children characters can become awesome if you take the time to train them seeing as typically they'll surpass their parents in stats.

darkpokeball
March 23rd, 2013, 08:12 PM
Yeah, Gerome and Owain are two of my best units.
I hope FE: Awakening gets a sequel with similar gameplay and interface soon. I love the game so much! (I also want the Summer of Bonds DLC because I've heard it features major fanservice. I have yet to know what that 'fanservice' is.)

DavidtheDeadPhilosopher
March 23rd, 2013, 10:35 PM
I finally beat the game a few days ago! Unfortantly being terrible at strategy games, my victory was half-baked, and about half of my roster didn't make it to see the end (which isn't good seeing I only was playing on Normal/Classic)

I plan to do a second runthough on normal, acually give myself a chance to absorb the game more carefully and learn the game play a little deeper. Keeping my characters alive and getting all the kids/original marriages I wanted.

Here's how my supports panned out.

Chrom/Sumia
Henry/Cordelia
Stahl/Sully (My favourite relationship)
Ricken/Lisa
Libra/Panne

Deaths/Retirements

Miriel
Vaike
Virion
Gregor
Lon' qu
Donnel
Tharja
Cherche
Olivia
Kellam
Maribelle
Tiki

I'm finishing up some of the bonus box/DLC/Orange Paralogue Maps.

I have to say, I really am dissapointed in the Bonus Box Paralouge missions so far. I mean, it's really cool that you can obtain Walhart and Grangrel, but it just seems like weak writing to bring them back. I'm really dissapointed that Emmeryn returns too. It just...it throws one of the best story points in this game right out the window.

shadowdueler474
March 24th, 2013, 12:29 AM
I have to say, I really am dissapointed in the Bonus Box Paralouge missions so far. I mean, it's really cool that you can obtain Walhart and Grangrel, but it just seems like weak writing to bring them back. I'm really dissapointed that Emmeryn returns too. It just...it throws one of the best story points in this game right out the window.

They are more so for character. So you don't even have to add them to the map if you don't want to keep the story elements.

Yeah, Gerome and Owain are two of my best units.
I hope FE: Awakening gets a sequel with similar gameplay and interface soon. I love the game so much! (I also want the Summer of Bonds DLC because I've heard it features major fanservice. I have yet to know what that 'fanservice' is.)

Well the fanservice is Cordelia in a bikini without her top on covering her chest and Tharja in a in a bikini adjusting her bottom half of the suit (the view is from the bellow). There are also special picture for Chrom and Gaius but I haven't seen them. plus they get special conversations with Avatar. And all sorcerers wear a swimsuit in this map. and there are a LOT of conversations.

thedestinedblade
March 24th, 2013, 12:13 PM
I mentioned that gripe on the previous page before, but:

Emmeryn being brought back was kinda a big plot hole. Not only that, but they had to give her a depressing ending to top it off.

Anyways, I think I'm done with this game for awhile. I've overplayed it. :laugh: On to previous FE titles.

darkpokeball
March 24th, 2013, 07:18 PM
I simply don't view post-game as storyline.
For example, Emmeryn returning was just a bonus or 'what-if' chapter, not part of the storyline. Let's face it; if Emmeryn came back to life during the main game, the plot would just rapidly decline.
Also, I'm convinced my Awakening game has a jinx. Whoever I recruit to join my Awakening team from Sacred STones (through Bonus Box), that character then dies in Sacred Stones.
*sigh*
I miss Seth from Sacred Stones. At least he's in Awakening now.

shadowdueler474
March 24th, 2013, 07:30 PM
^How did you let Seth die? He is the best Jeigan in the series!

thedestinedblade
March 24th, 2013, 07:49 PM
^Frederick has that title now. ;)

Those paralouges aren't really post-game, they're available before the final fight. Either way, they were still given endings and what-not so I can't simply brush it off as a "what-if" scenario.

CarcharOdin
March 26th, 2013, 11:10 AM
EXPonential Growth DLC

Solving my grinding problems like a boss.

shadowdueler474
March 26th, 2013, 11:35 AM
^That stops being as useful when you get to your 3-4th reclass.

thedestinedblade
March 26th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Such a live saver on Lunatic/Classic. Forces you not to waste time trying to grind with the limited enemies on that free Champions of Yore DLC Map.

lol, I bought all DLC available up to this point aside from the one that gives you the Silver Card. I see no point in half-off prices if I have infinite money.

darkpokeball
March 26th, 2013, 05:08 PM
^How did you let Seth die? He is the best Jeigan in the series!
Well, I was on chapter 8 and I didn't realize that Ephraim's weapon could kill the boss in a single hit. The boss was slaughtering Seth(who I always sent in for the boss fight), and I thought that if Seth had difficulty, what chance did Ephraim have? (I know, I should've checked, but...)
So, the boss killed Seth and then I sent Garcia in for the final blow, since Seth lowered the boss to like...2 HP. Garcia kills him, and I move on with Eirika's route...but Seth is still dead.

I blame my Awakening game for jinxing him. Lesson learned: Don't bring in past units from other games to Awakening. Also, I'm having huge difficulty with the Infinite Regalia DLC. Any tips?

CarcharOdin
March 26th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Finally got many of my units strong enough to hold their own in the Child recruitment missions.

Added dashing rogue Inigo to the team.

Children I have so far:

Morgan
Inigo
Lucina
Owain
Kjelle

Yukiyo Kayume
March 29th, 2013, 06:49 PM
I really love this game~ Stahl forever!

shadowdueler474
March 29th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Well, I was on chapter 8 and I didn't realize that Ephraim's weapon could kill the boss in a single hit. The boss was slaughtering Seth(who I always sent in for the boss fight), and I thought that if Seth had difficulty, what chance did Ephraim have? (I know, I should've checked, but...)
So, the boss killed Seth and then I sent Garcia in for the final blow, since Seth lowered the boss to like...2 HP. Garcia kills him, and I move on with Eirika's route...but Seth is still dead.

I blame my Awakening game for jinxing him. Lesson learned: Don't bring in past units from other games to Awakening. Also, I'm having huge difficulty with the Infinite Regalia DLC. Any tips?

Train. Train more. No really train a bit and bring in people with magic and skills that let them recover hp. Also make sure to bait the warriors at range so counter won't rip you to shreds. Also a healer is a good idea. Oh yeah, don't feel rushed because the thieves have 2 turns after they get the chests before they leave so you have wiggle room to be cautious. (Or just have a bunch of maxed out units come in a kill everyone)

Azumi
March 30th, 2013, 07:55 AM
I just finished the game on Normal Casual (Casual because I'm a newcomer who knows nothing about the series). I'm like a sheep among new players, so I suck at getting good skills on my future kids - i.e. marrying off the wrong people, which has rendered Owain completely useless in battle, and pretty much never using any flying units due to my ineptitude to keep them alive for the battle (they usually suffer the fate of getting shot down so I'm just 'screw it no more flying units for me).

My battle with Grima lasted for only 3-4 turns, with me at the winning side thanks to my stupid luck with final bosses. I had Tharja chip off Grima's health bit by bit and she couldn't do anything, which was expected. As an experiment since I was sure I would lose to Grima, I had Avatar go up against Grima with Chrom paired up with her (they're husband and wife btw). Much to my surprise and delight, after my Avatar cast a meager magic attack on Grima, Chrom followed up and critted that thing and destroyed her like it's his job.

Man I love that guy. I'm so happy I married my Avatar to you Chrom ;w;

Anyway, I started a new play file on Hard Casual (I'm still terrible which it comes to this game and I don't want to get anyone killed just yet when I'm still experimenting), and I hope to be more efficient since I read some guides and now know which characters to pair up. Still going to have Avatar marry Chrom though because my kokoro says so. Makes the plot seem more fleshed out, especially when you mix Lucina in. Chapter 21...!

darkpokeball
April 1st, 2013, 07:22 PM
Train. Train more. No really train a bit and bring in people with magic and skills that let them recover hp. Also make sure to bait the warriors at range so counter won't rip you to shreds. Also a healer is a good idea. Oh yeah, don't feel rushed because the thieves have 2 turns after they get the chests before they leave so you have wiggle room to be cautious. (Or just have a bunch of maxed out units come in a kill everyone)
Lol, sending in maxed out units sounds easier...probs going to just do that. Probably also going to get some more DLC when I get more money onto my 3ds...spent it all on HarmoKnight.

I've basically stopped playing Sacred Stones. All my favorite units are dead except for Joshua.

Altairis
April 7th, 2013, 10:20 PM
I really really love this game! I'm playing on Normal-Casual which was a good idea because losing someone permanently would be too much pressure the first time around (not good with that stuff, haha...). I'm pretty sure I've done everything all wrong though, the leveling, the children, just everything feels harder than it should be because I upclassed a lot of people probably before I should have, and didn't train the people that probably would have been fun to use. Oh well, next time'll be better definitely~!

I've been using..
Avatar/Chrom (usually the ones that end up powering through everything), Nowi/Stahl & Lon'qu/Lissa mostly.

edit: ok I actually started again and this time on Hard-Casual but how am I supposed to level grind? I got Reeking Boxes but that just summoned a ton of Wyvern Riders and the heavily armored ones and I'm only on Chapter 4, there's not a lot of options Chrom and the Avatar keep dying and I have to restart what do I doo ;;

tabor62
April 8th, 2013, 05:38 AM
I started out with Normal Classic for my first playthrough. I'm already used to the permadeath thing *restarts the chapter* I didn't really go for optimal parents and what not for the children, I mostly just leveled everyone up like crazy; thanks to the Reeking Boxes; reclassed, promoted to max out stats, with a little help from stat increasing items to help me along. Pairing everyone up really helps, especially near the end of the game. After I beat the final boss in one attack (I got a critical =.="), I've just been powerleveling everyone to max stats and farming the support conversations. I plan to start multiple saves in order to obtain all of the proposal supports for all characters. Which means playing as both genders and waiting for all the DLC paralogues.

darkpokeball
April 12th, 2013, 08:58 PM
I have officially recruited every character that has access to support convo's in game except for:
Severa (um...kind of beat the chapter before she talked to Holland)
Libra (...I didn't even know there WAS a Libra in the game until my friend showed him to me. I missed out somehow)
Priam

Everyone has been pretty much maxed-out and I'm ready to use LImit Break on them as well.
One question before I start my new file:
What happens to my DLC? Do I have to buy it again or will it transfer over into the new file?

thedestinedblade
April 13th, 2013, 12:34 AM
C'mon, I know Nintendo wants our money, but they're not crazy enough to try that. :laugh: Once you buy the DLC, it's yours for good. I mean, you do have to finish all the maps and stuff to get the characters and skills again, but that's about it.

tigerBLADE
April 22nd, 2013, 01:17 PM
Speaking of DLC, isn't the DLC for Priam coming out in three days? He looks cool; I really love his design!

bobandbill
April 22nd, 2013, 07:27 PM
So far I'm enjoying the game. Up to chapter 7, and been doing the challenges after one disappeared on me when I didn't realise they didn't last forever (or so it seems anyway :<). As standard the characters are enjoyable and much of the dialogue has been pretty entertaining too.

darkpokeball
April 25th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Started a new file...officially hate Chrom. Don't get me wrong, he's doing great as a unit...but he's hopelessly in love with my avatar(who is a female in my new file.)

For some reason, it takes one kill for Chrom and the avatar to go up a level in support...not kidding, no matter which support. As long as they are next to each other when the kill is made, the next support will be availible. Of course, I want to save my avatar for someone...better to have as a husband, so my current strategy formation always ends up extremely wonky with me placing them far apart from each other on the map.

tigerBLADE
April 25th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Have you guys downloaded the Radiant Hero DLC? It's up right now!

Anyway, just my opinion about this chapter... It's really, really, hard. XD Like seriously, I think this map has to be the toughest and most brutal map in this whole game (yes even the chapter where you get Aversa). I'd say you'd have to really, really level up your units well for this map, or else you'd find your self being outrun by those sword masters and sniped to death by those snipers. :x

tabor62
April 25th, 2013, 06:20 PM
This chapter totally owned me x.x I have to go and max out my characters' stats before I attempt it again. Not giving any spoilers though :P Go play it yourself.

Though I find the chapter where you get Emmeryn pretty hard too. All she does is get killed before I can even reach her, even when I used units with high movement ranges :/

thedestinedblade
April 25th, 2013, 07:50 PM
That's what the Rescue staff is for. ;)

Anyways, I haven't played the game for a couple weeks; burnt out on it. Last thing I was trying to do was finish one of the DLC maps (Death's Embrace) which I was having a ton of trouble with since I'm playing on Lunatic.

tabor62
April 25th, 2013, 08:37 PM
>.>
<.<
I can't believe I forgot that existed =.=

Makes me wonder how Radiant Hero is like on Lunatic.

Freezer
April 27th, 2013, 10:13 AM
So I just got this game. Going to start on Hard/Classic because that's the only way Fire Emblem works for me, and I pretty much need a difficult strategy game fix before I start on Advance Wars. Hope the game is as good as Sacred Stones. (and 7, but I haven't played that yet)

Going to start with a female avatar because why not and I don't really care about waifus. Who's the jeigan of the game by the way? I'm assuming Frederick but from the demo he didn't seem as powerful as say, Seth. Then again Seth was OP, lol. And is he worth keeping? Because I actually like the character

tigerBLADE
April 27th, 2013, 10:17 AM
So I just got this game. Going to start on Hard/Classic because that's the only way Fire Emblem works for me, and I pretty much need a difficult strategy game fix before I start on Advance Wars. Hope the game is as good as Sacred Stones. (and 7, but I haven't played that yet)

Going to start with a female avatar because why not and I don't really care about waifus. Who's the jeigan of the game by the way? I'm assuming Frederick but from the demo he didn't seem as powerful as say, Seth. Then again Seth was OP, lol. And is he worth keeping? Because I actually like the character

To be honest, he's only OP in about 5 chapter's in; at least, from what I saw when I put him on the unit team. But, well, he can become stronger, so, he's still pretty good to use~

thedestinedblade
April 27th, 2013, 10:54 AM
There are no bad units in the game, per say. Because of the introduction of Second Seals, you can continually reclass, promote to achieve maximum stats with each unit.

tabor62
April 27th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Frederick grows really slowly though, and that really annoys me sometimes :/

machomuu
April 27th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Who's the jeigan of the game by the way? I'm assuming Frederick but from the demo he didn't seem as powerful as say, Seth. Then again Seth was OP, lol. And is he worth keeping? Because I actually like the character
Pretty much what Doronjo said, just don't rely on him too much early on. Be sure to spread the EXP amongst your characters and to use him as a buffer.

Going to start with a female avatar because why not and I don't really care about waifus.
But I will tell you this, this game isn't catering to some sort of otaku demographic with its marriage aspect, and this isn't the first time in the series that they've had it. The marriage aspect is an extension of the relationship mechanic (which strengthens your characters when they're partnered up and also adds something else later on) that has been present in Fire Emblem since the beginning, and the relationships that are developed between the characters are real and actually quite engaging at times. In fact, the marriages themselves aren't very otaku-esque, and they themselves are more unique than anything else. Not to mention that they did really well to develop the characters and make great dialog for the characters, making the social engagements of the game really interesting and often laugh-out-loud entertaining.

I just hope you change your mind on that front, because it's an interesting aspect that really shouldn't be ignored.

Freezer
April 28th, 2013, 02:23 PM
^who said I won't marry anyone with anyone? I know about marriage being on past games. As a matter of fact I'm already trying to pair up my avatar with Lon'Qu. For some reason though, since the male avatar would've been based on myself, it's pretty awkward if I got him to marry for me. (blame Persona 4, where I always went with the romantic social links accidentally and that was pretty awful.)
Well that, and I'm not really liking the females in this game so far, which sucks because I thought past Fire Emblem games always got great female characters. The only one I like is Sully so far, and I only use Lissa for healing. Having a female avatar so far helps in this current sausage fest. lol

Also hot damn, the quest where you recruit Danyllo is a pain without Frederick. I came pretty close to beating it without losing anyone, but I forgot to position Danyllo in a safer place so he died from a bastard archer. (The last one, mind you!) I was so pissed, I even got amazing stats from level ups! Ugh I'll try again tomorrow. The only ones I got that can tank hits are Kellam and my avatar, and even they can only take so much. lol I will not use Frederick for this. Never. I want my stats.

tigerBLADE
April 28th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Also hot damn, the quest where you recruit Danyllo is a pain without Frederick. I came pretty close to beating it without losing anyone, but I forgot to position Danyllo in a safer place so he died from a bastard archer. (The last one, mind you!) I was so pissed, I even got amazing stats from level ups! Ugh I'll try again tomorrow. The only ones I got that can tank hits are Kellam and my avatar, and even they can only take so much. lol I will not use Frederick for this. Never. I want my stats.

I kind of dislike that quest because it -is- generally a pain in the neck to recruit him. XD Especially on hard mode since he only makes little damage. :x

Freezer
April 28th, 2013, 02:58 PM
I kind of dislike that quest because it -is- generally a pain in the neck to recruit him. XD Especially on hard mode since he only makes little damage. :x
Levelling him up is easy, since everyone on the team (Except lon'qu and the avatar, who I pair up anyway) can deal enough damage and not kill anyone, so I always get Danyllo levelled up early. It's keeping him alive that's hard because they always target him and one careless positioning means death for him no matter what. This quest is a good wake up call though, I guess, since chapter 1-4 were pretty easy even on hard. :/ It encourages me to actually plan my positions and be wary of the enemy's position.
I also kinda find it sad how my Virion is weaker than the enemy archers. He got nice stat ups though from my previous attempt, until Mr.Danny died.

Also trying to kill that thief before he runs away with a good item is hard. ~_~

tigerBLADE
April 28th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Levelling him up is easy, since everyone on the team (Except lon'qu and the avatar, who I pair up anyway) can deal enough damage and not kill anyone, so I always get Danyllo levelled up early. It's keeping him alive that's hard because they always target him and one careless positioning means death for him no matter what.

I also kinda find it sad how my Virion is weaker than the enemy archers. He got nice stat ups though from my previous attempt, until Mr.Danny died.

Also trying to kill that thief before he runs away with a good item is hard. ~_~

Oh.
My problem was simply doing the Paralouge too early in the game, so, things got a little trickier simply staying alive and such.

I didn't really use Virion all that much on Hard Mode, because there is another archer you can get who is even stronger than him, but.. he did make a nice Ranger when I played this game for the first time.

Freezer
April 28th, 2013, 03:08 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm doing this early too. Lissa is like my saving grace because the enemy does really alarming damages sometimes. I feel like I'm maybe too careful with this quest so far lol. It's pretty fun though.

Wonder who's the better archer. I usually always use magicians instead of archers but I made an exception this time. I'll keep Virion because he's pretty much my only ranged unit aside from the avatar's magics.

machomuu
April 28th, 2013, 04:12 PM
I did it pretty early too...but then again, I practically crawled through that part of the game thanks to the optional battles. It could be hours or even days before I went to the next given chapter. Heck...I still do. I'm on chapter 21...and considering that I bought this on launch day (North America)...there was a lot of fluff time in between. They really decided to pack on the longevity with this one.

Skara
April 28th, 2013, 04:38 PM
I LOVE THIS GAME.
Sorry, it's just freaking incredible.
I also made this movie poster.
http://i.imgur.com/4ymfUIb.png

LORD ANTE
April 28th, 2013, 08:25 PM
I LOVE THIS GAME.
Sorry, it's just freaking incredible.
I also made this movie poster.
http://i.imgur.com/4ymfUIb.png
This should be a thing.

I'm chewing on getting the Radiant Hero DLC map, but I'm so picky choosy when it comes to those because I often lose inspiration to play the game as soon as I get one. The same happens when I start a new file and realize how difficult the game is to play at the beginning, or at least Chapters 2-7.

tabor62
April 28th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Radiant Hero is a SpotPass map, which means free free free (the best kind o 3o). But this should be the absolute last Paralogue you play, it's so hard x.x

LORD ANTE
April 28th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Ohh, it's SpotPass? That's cool, I was worried about having to buy it. :] What's it like to make it so hard? I heard Wellspring of Truth was hard...

Skara
April 29th, 2013, 05:41 AM
This should be a thing.

I'm chewing on getting the Radiant Hero DLC map, but I'm so picky choosy when it comes to those because I often lose inspiration to play the game as soon as I get one. The same happens when I start a new file and realize how difficult the game is to play at the beginning, or at least Chapters 2-7.I've posted it to Memebase and various Facebook pages XD

tabor62
April 29th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Ohh, it's SpotPass? That's cool, I was worried about having to buy it. :] What's it like to make it so hard? I heard Wellspring of Truth was hard...

It's a spoiler imo so:

It's 30 of your units vs. 50 level 20 promoted units. Simple but hard as hell.

Freezer
April 29th, 2013, 07:39 AM
I noticed us PALs got the superior box art but you americans (and japanese) got the superior cartridge sticker. Damn.

Also did you guys get Ephraim and Lyn? I dunno if the past lords are any worth using but I'm really considering using them. We Europeans only got Marth so far, with Roy and Micaiah (what's with the random boob window in her redesign?) next but I don't really care about them.

darkpokeball
April 29th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Radiant Hero is a SpotPass map, which means free free free (the best kind o 3o). But this should be the absolute last Paralogue you play, it's so hard x.x
GAH! My fire emblem awakening team is waaaaay too strong. I've been beating these paralogues easily while all my friends complain about the difficulty.
On my new file, hard mode, I'm having way too hard of a time obtaining Severa. On normal, it was so easy to make her not die(even though I didn't let her talk to Holland, because I killed the boss the turn before she could) and now she is so stupid. LIterally, she runs right into the enemy range and then gets swarmed and killed...I've SR'ed so many times by now.

CarcharOdin
April 29th, 2013, 06:53 PM
I haven't gotten any SpotPass maps; I need to get on that.

I've just been building relationships with the DLCs right now. I'm glad they're finally putting out the Scramble packs, been waiting for those ones for a while. The conversations between the characters on that map are hilarious.

tabor62
April 29th, 2013, 07:28 PM
I want to buy all the DLC, but added up together they are soooo expensive ;.;

CarcharOdin
April 29th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Ahhh, I accidently deleted my main file while deleting another one! ASDfashdflkas;dflaskdjfasd;lfkhasd;flj kashdf;laskhd

Ugh....ALL THAT WORK!!!! AGGGHHHH!!!!;-;;-;

I think that's my cue to take a break from this game for a while.

tabor62
April 29th, 2013, 08:35 PM
D: Noooooo, I know how that feels. I accidentally saved over my main file in Final Fantasy III right after I had reached the second to last dungeon :/

CarcharOdin
April 29th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Question now is this.

Do I restart Hard or Lunatic? By the way, I don't like losing units. I always restart when losing units, so I feel I might as well bite the bullet and go casual.

tabor62
April 29th, 2013, 09:29 PM
I wouldn't know really, I'm playing on Normal Classic for all my saves for now since I want to obtain all support conversations before I start playing seriously.

Freezer
April 30th, 2013, 08:04 AM
I managed to get Donny on my team, and so easily this time too. Why? Because I found out that pressing X will specify which position in the map is vulnerable to an enemy attack in the next enemy turn. That makes things so MUCH easier, and this time not even one of my unit was dangerously close to dying. Could you even do that in past fire emblem games? I don't remember, or I didn't know!

Is it me or is this game feeling a lot more like an RPG than a strategy game with all the supports, the introduction of second seals and pair ups? I've heard the game apparently gets even easier, too. :/ Kinda disappointed to be honest. It's still a lot of fun and really good, but eh.

machomuu
April 30th, 2013, 10:35 AM
I've heard the game apparently gets even easier, too. :/ Kinda disappointed to be honest. It's still a lot of fun and really good, but eh.
It probably does, which is why I recommend playing on Hard/Classic. It's a good challenge unless you're overleveled, especially if you take on the Extra teams and Paralouges (all of which are more difficult than the main story). I've been playing on Classic/Hard since the beginning, and I haven't tried out Normal, but I definitely recommend Hard if you're thinking that the game's too easy (though really, I'd still recommend it otherwise).

Though I think it's an equal balance as a Strategy game and an RPG. I think supports, class changes, and pair ups feel more at home in a Strategy RPG than, if not as much as, pretty much any other genre, they just make sense in the context of war and battle. Plus, since RPGs are a very broad genre, and there's not really such thing as just a "Generic RPG" game (it always has to be attached to something else), I don't really think the RPG aspects can overpower the Strategy aspects unless it were a Strategy game with RPG elements.

ilias_
April 30th, 2013, 11:06 AM
I played the demo, and I loved it. Think I am going to buy it later this year! :)

Freezer
April 30th, 2013, 12:40 PM
It probably does, which is why I recommend playing on Hard/Classic. It's a good challenge unless you're overleveled, especially if you take on the Extra teams and Paralouges (all of which are more difficult than the main story). I've been playing on Classic/Hard since the beginning, and I haven't tried out Normal, but I definitely recommend Hard if you're thinking that the game's too easy (though really, I'd still recommend it otherwise).
I already am playing on Hard/Classic though. I said earlier it's not FE to me if it's not challenging and if units don't die, haha.

Though I think it's an equal balance as a Strategy game and an RPG. I think supports, class changes, and pair ups feel more at home in a Strategy RPG than, if not as much as, pretty much any other genre, they just make sense in the context of war and battle. Plus, since RPGs are a very broad genre, and there's not really such thing as just a "Generic RPG" game (it always has to be attached to something else), I don't really think the RPG aspects can overpower the Strategy aspects unless it were a Strategy game with RPG elements.
Eh, I always liked the strategy aspect of FE, but this one really seem to emphasize the RPG elements to me and feels designed around it. Maybe it'd be different on Lunatic.

CarcharOdin
April 30th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Eh, I'm just going to restart my file and do everything I was going for (with some differences).

I'm doing Hard Classic, but I restart whenever I lose a unit. Way I see it, every unit is precious and I should treat them just like Chrom and the Avatar...if even one dies, game over, start the mission again. Personally, I think that's even more encouragement to not eff up your moves, cuz if you let even one die, start again.

I'm also thinking of doing a Lunatic/Classic with a female avatar...and this one I'll let characters die.

Freezer
May 1st, 2013, 09:15 AM
Oh my god chapter 5 difficulty spike. So hard to not let a single person die.

I need to change my defensive playstyle and be more aggressive. The reinforcements and Rick/Maribelle's (why do they die so fast?) starting position absolutely destroy any strategic planning I make. I also might have to reconsider using Vaike in this, but Frederick is the only other option I have because Kellam will get destroyed by all the axe users. (Never mind the fact I'm using Sully and Donnel already) Jesus.

This would have been so much easier if it weren't for Rick and Maribelle. Or the reinforcements. But both? bleh

EDIT: I might just let Rick and Maribelle die because I don't plan on using them. But at the same time, I don't want anyone dead (it's part of the fun!) and I want their Wind and Mend for other characters.

tigerBLADE
May 1st, 2013, 09:21 AM
Oh my god chapter 5 difficulty spike. So hard to not let a single person die.

I need to change my defensive playstyle and be more aggressive. The reinforcements and Rick/Maribelle's (why do they die so fast?) starting position absolutely destroy any strategic planning I make. I also might have to reconsider using Vaike in this, but Frederick is the only other option I have because Kellam will get destroyed by all the axe users. (Never mind the fact I'm using Sully and Donnel already) Jesus.

This would have been so much easier if it weren't for Rick and Maribelle. Or the reinforcements. But both? bleh

What I did was that I tried to pair them up, and put them at the bottom corner near the cliff, and let my strongest and most mobile units reach to them. Option B, you can try and use a Rescue staff if you have a unit that has a high enough Staff level. Either way can work!

Otherwise, yeah, those Wyvern Riders are annoying to keep track of. :x

Freezer
May 1st, 2013, 09:34 AM
That's what I do and it works. My avatar is overpowered at this point (Especially with Stahl support) so she makes quick work of the ones near Ricks/Maribelle.

But that eliminates one problem. Since one unit is bound to die if I don't have Miss One Hit Kill near in case of emergencies. (which happens a lot, stupid wyvern riders) Guess I'll try making everyone close to each other quicker instead, because I'm generally too slow and observant.

machomuu
May 1st, 2013, 01:39 PM
It's disappointing that Lucina and Morgan don't have a Support together. You'd think that, of all people, those two would have one.

Miss Doronjo
May 1st, 2013, 02:04 PM
It's disappointing that Lucina and Morgan don't have a Support together. You'd think that, of all people, those two would have one.

You have Morgan as a female, right?

Morgan can have a support with Lucina if he was male. :)

machomuu
May 1st, 2013, 02:12 PM
You have Morgan as a female, right?

Morgan can have a support with Lucina if he was male. :)
Really? Hm...I guess I'll have to wait until next playthrough, then.

Oh, and I've finally reached the Endgame. Without spoilers, you guys think I should do the paralogues?
Given the momentum I had (3 chapters in a couple of hours, which, for me, is almost unheard of, given that I usually do hours, if not days of optional battles in between), I don't know if I want to do them, but...

Miss Doronjo
May 1st, 2013, 02:16 PM
Really? Hm...I guess I'll have to wait until next playthrough, then.

Oh, and I've finally reached the Endgame. Without spoilers, you guys think I should do the paralogues?
Given the momentum I had (3 chapters in a couple of hours, which, for me, is almost unheard of, given that I usually do hours, if not days of optional battles in between), I don't know if I want to do them, but...

If you can beat the Paralouges before the Endgame, then you'd definitely be ready for the Endgame, imo.
Because arguably, some of them are quite harder than the Endgame. @__@;

Morkula
May 1st, 2013, 07:02 PM
Just beat the game tonight. It's definitely my favorite 3DS game so far and I think it's actually beaten PoR/RD as my favorite Fire Emblem. I didn't think I'd like the characters as much as I did, the plot was well-done, and the additions to the gameplay were fantastic.

Endgame can be difficult if you don't watch yourself. I didn't have too much trouble with it by just rushing the boss, but I had to restart twice because of stupid lucky criticals from Assassins with Killing Edges. >_>

tabor62
May 1st, 2013, 07:47 PM
I didn't attempt to go for the final boss until a lot of my characters were approaching the stat cap for their class, that and I got a crit on it and pretty much oneshotted it :l Worst way to end a game. So I went back and fought it again :P

Miss Doronjo
May 2nd, 2013, 05:27 AM
Did you guys downloaded those vacation DLC maps? I have no idea what those are about, haha. ;__; Supposedly, there are bonus conversations?

tabor62
May 2nd, 2013, 05:35 AM
Eh, I'd download all the DLC maps, but the cost money, and money is not something I have at the moment so no. What kinds of bonus conversations anyhow? You mean like the map where they're all in swimsuits or something?

Miss Doronjo
May 2nd, 2013, 05:37 AM
Yeah, that. All I've heard about them was that there were special interactions between units and, well, all of that fanservice stuff. @_@

tabor62
May 2nd, 2013, 05:41 AM
Sounds hawt, now I really want to get the DLC ;)

machomuu
May 2nd, 2013, 04:36 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/02/fire-emblem-dlc-censored-in-north-america

And I was really looking forward to seeing Tharja's nice a-

UM...I MEAN...I'm appalled at how Japan objectifies women, shame on them.

Not only that, but they took out the sparkles!

ManaphyLv100
May 2nd, 2013, 08:35 PM
One word: Frederick.
Man, is that guy a badass. And I paired him with Nowi, just because. Actually, it was Awkward Zombie's fault, but still.
I had Robin marry Lissa in my first playthrough, because Lissa's cute. Went with Normal/Classic, even though it's my first FE. Now I'm playing it again on Hard/Newcomer. It's quite a different experience.
Lon'qu with Lethality is about the coolest thing ever, besides the aforementioned Frederick. It's awesome when you get: 'How well will you die?' Splat! Especially if you couldn't normally have killed the target.
And characters that die in the final boss come back when you play the same save again. Saves me trying to keep them all there.
I do wish that the sound test was like the Sky Jukebox, though.

tabor62
May 2nd, 2013, 09:15 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/02/fire-emblem-dlc-censored-in-north-america

HOW DARE THEY DEPRAV-

Ahem, for the good of America, I support this.

One word: Frederick.
Man, is that guy a badass. And I paired him with Nowi, just because. Actually, it was Awkward Zombie's fault, but still.
I had Robin marry Lissa in my first playthrough, because Lissa's cute. Went with Normal/Classic, even though it's my first FE. Now I'm playing it again on Hard/Newcomer. It's quite a different experience.
Lon'qu with Lethality is about the coolest thing ever, besides the aforementioned Frederick. It's awesome when you get: 'How well will you die?' Splat! Especially if you couldn't normally have killed the target.
And characters that die in the final boss come back when you play the same save again. Saves me trying to keep them all there.
I do wish that the sound test was like the Sky Jukebox, though.

You like Frederick? 0.o To be honest, he isn't bad, but be isn't all that great either. That's the thing with jeigans, they seem awesome at first, but then lag behind everyone else later. And the reason the characters come back after you defeat the final boss is because you technically can't beat it. Haven't you noticed that it just resets the save file back to before you played it? Either that, or I'm going senile already D:

Freezer
May 3rd, 2013, 01:26 AM
Chapter 5 ended up...a lot easier with Frederick. I felt like since I wasn't gonna risk babysitting Donny on a chapter like this might as well use Frederick for the last time (I hope). Luckily he didn't end up hogging all the EXP. I got Alm's Sword apparently.

Honestly, the more I play this game, the less I like it. I'm still early so I can't pass on proper judgment, though.

Also looks like my avatar is going for Stahl. Guess I'm pairing Lon'Qu with Sully, then. Best male with best female, why not? (their first support conversation was pretty cool.)

Whoa wait, this is real? Has a Nintendo game ever had fanservice like this before? Just curious, because that's a first to me.

...I just imagined Sully in a swimsuit. lol

EDIT: Oh god, the comments say that could be someone's cape. LOL

That's the thing with jeigans, they seem awesome at first, but then lag behind everyone else later.Unless your name is Seth.

tabor62
May 3rd, 2013, 02:47 PM
I beg to differ, Seth was decent, but compared to people like Joshua or Gerrick, he just didn't seem adequate after a certain point.

sρεcтяα
May 4th, 2013, 10:48 PM
I've been playing this quite a bit since it came out...I kinda wish I'd waited until after the latest maps came out before I started my Lunatic run; it would have made those earlier grinding days so much easier. Although, that said, I'm finding this game a lot easier even on the hardest difficulty when compared to Shadow Dragon.

Also, I wish this game supported polygamy. I'd decided to have my avatar get hitched to Cherche, but I just had my first support conversation with Tharja the other day...oh dear. xD

tabor62
May 4th, 2013, 11:03 PM
I seriously doubt Nintendo would ever want to support something like polygamy in one of their games. If you really want to get married to multiple people in the game and get all the S-rank supports, just beat the game to get the support log, then start a new file where you don't get married to anyone. Then all you have to do is save that file to an extra slot where you get married, delete it, then go back to the original save, save another file where you get married to another person, and just repeat it over an over again; that's what I'm doing. I hope this explanation wasn't confusing, I wasn't too sure how to explain it.

sρεcтяα
May 4th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Somehow I doubt it as well, especially if they're going to censor DLC...which I find quite entertaining, because if anything it looks more suggestive as a result of it, rather than less.

I'm treating my first playthrough more as a trial run to be honest; I'm not entirely sure what pairings produce the best offspring in terms of skills, so I've just been pairing up characters I like. I did make an exception to pair Donnel and Nowi though, for a Nah with Aptitude.

tabor62
May 4th, 2013, 11:26 PM
My first one is also pretty much a trial run. The only reason I'm bothering to get my characters to max or near max stat cap is because of Paralogue 23, it's extremely difficult, even if I'm playing on Normal ;.;

shadowdueler474
May 4th, 2013, 11:33 PM
I beg to differ, Seth was decent, but compared to people like Joshua or Gerrick, he just didn't seem adequate after a certain point.

Seth can solo the entire game he is in. I beg to differ. Majorly.

So I recently beat my Lunatic run. So I played on casual because I couldn't keep 90% of my units dieing in chapter 2 and 3. Also because I wanted to get female supports. Half way through the game I decided to say "Screw it!" and bought my maxed out limit breaker MU from my previous file and my maxed out limit breaker DLC Marth. It made Lunatic much easier except the last chapter.

I played the Endgame with only those two units and my MU and Chrom paired up with them. I barely managed to beat it. I went through 7 elixers and it took me like 20 minutes. It was hard. And I only beat it because I got lucky. I probably should've bought a couple more maxed out units. From this Lunatic+ has been unlocked for me (only casual mode though). Oh I tried the prologue and got ripped apart. Not touching that again for a long while.

tabor62
May 4th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Well I suppose my judgement would be flawed seeing as I didn't train him very much since he was the game's jeigan. I opted to train my other units more often which resulted in my view on his stats and etc. Maybe I'll pick up Sacred Stones again.... well, after Awakening of course. Also now that I actually look it up, he's very very very broken for a jeigan.

And how just hard is Lunatic anyhow? It sounds near impossible to do on Classic.

shadowdueler474
May 4th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Many people consider jeigans to be bad because they are jeigan but they are actually pretty good.

I can't really give an accurate representation because I grinded a lot as soon as I could. But the first four chapters are hard. Like really hard. I had to use all my other units besides Frederick Chrom and MU as a meat shield. Lunatic mode is pretty much Frederick Emblem.

Freezer
May 5th, 2013, 02:42 AM
I kept Seth and the guy was still a killer. Though if I didn't know about the internet I'd have kept the other jeigans since Sacred Stones is my first Fire Emblem lol.

Holy **** I made Stahl a total monster. The guy just murders everyone and their family. Sully too but she doesn't tank hits as well. Donny is next.
Virion is pretty dope too. What a likeable guy. After seeing his support with other characters I think he might as well be my favorite character. Glad I kept him.

Also is newcomer "spoiling" anyone? My brother refuses to play other Fire Emblems just because of the whole death *l+r+start* thing. Wonder if I can get him to play Advance Wars instead.

Teanji
May 5th, 2013, 03:53 AM
See, I'd probably really love Fire Emblem, but I've never really been into handhelds and as such don't have a 3DS yet and can't really bring myself to buy an entire console for it (I'm pretty much waiting on a special edition Pokemon X/Y console before I pick one up).