PDA

View Full Version : Who are you talking to?

QuilavaKing
February 6th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Do you ever talk out loud to yourself, or any other voices/imaginary people in your head?

Mochi
February 6th, 2013, 09:55 PM
I talk to myself SO much. I was Skyping with my boyfriend the other night and he muted himself to rage at a game he was playing online, and I forgot that I was talking to him and just started talking to myself kind of quietly, he never said anything so he either figured I was just being weird or he didn't hear xD

Sydian
February 6th, 2013, 10:08 PM
I talk to myself all the time. It's usually silly things like, "No Syd. What are you doing...who do you think you are. Stahp dat." Though sometimes I make up scripts for random things and I act them out myself.

Oh. I talk to myself a lot in the car. Almost forgot about that. Like, I ramble on as if I'm recording myself (which I should some time!) and I'm usually talking about songs I hate and why I hate them, cause you know, in the car the radio or something is on. So yeah.

I wish I could talk to people the way I'd talk to myself. Maybe then I wouldn't have problems lmao.

Caelus
February 6th, 2013, 10:15 PM
I used to talk to myself all the time but as I got older I toned it down by a lot. I still whisper to myself every now and then but I try and be as quiet as possible so people around me can't hear me.

Sweets Witch
February 6th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Ah, I do it a lot more than I want to admit. Living alone is, well, lonely. Late at night I tend to mumble things I read just to break the silence.

voltianqueen
February 7th, 2013, 12:12 AM
For some reason, when I am chatting with people online, I will sometimes quietly whisper what I just wrote. Like sometimes I'll catch myself whispering "what are you doing?" after asking someone what they're doing.

Other than that, I don't talk to myself much.

Aeon
February 7th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Whenever I'm alone I do... which is a lot. To me it's a habit that never goes away.

Talli
February 7th, 2013, 01:01 AM
Who doesn't ?

I do when posting a post or thread on an forum

Broken_Arrow
February 7th, 2013, 11:48 AM
anyone who says he don't then they haven't realize they do!

Yup i do,myself is the one person who knows how i really feel,what i'm thinking of,my doubts,my true fears...and the best part is i never hide anything from it.

so it's great to have myself there lol i mean it's great that yourself is the only person who never feel annoyed of you and if that ever happened it never give up on you...like it has a choice! lol

just keep being true to yourself and everything will be fine

Hikamaru
February 7th, 2013, 02:39 PM
I always talk to myself or have voices talk in my head.

Given I have autism and problems communicating socially, it is sorta fitting.

Doppelgänger
February 7th, 2013, 02:52 PM
I do it all the time, but not in like weird voices. In my regular voice. Usually can range from anything. I mostly do it in the car or the shower where I can do it without others hearing me haha.

Brynjolf
February 7th, 2013, 03:06 PM
I just plain out don't do that. I don't see a point in it.

Dakota
February 7th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Well, technically, we all talk to ourselves in our head. How else would you be reading this?

Consciously? Sometimes. Not really though. Out loud? Today, never. But as a little kid, I used to all the time. People used to think I was insane. :x

Penta Penguin
February 7th, 2013, 03:37 PM
I talk out loud to myself, whenever I have got things going through my head. I'm not too sure why, but I've been like that through my whole life.

Antemortem
February 7th, 2013, 03:43 PM
I also do it subconsciously, and people will ask me why I'm talking to myself and I swear that I'm not, but they just look at me odd. XD

⊗Slenderman⊗
February 7th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Nope. I mean, aside from occasionally snapping/scolding at myself if I'm irritated about something I did, etc.

Considering I really get on my own nerves, I'm not the most ideal person to talk to.

LilJz
February 7th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Yes I do talk to myself sometimes haha. Especially when I'm home alone I actually talk out loud and start babbling nonsense xD

Sammi
February 7th, 2013, 04:18 PM
I talk to myself all the time. I'm a bit awkward irl. Sometimes if I get frustrated at something I'll start talking to it. And then people will be like "what are you talking to?" and then I feel stupid. :(

Crux
February 7th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Yup. All the time.
Sometimes it's just random, other times it's purposeful. but mostly it's random

Playful_Weasel
February 7th, 2013, 11:50 PM
I do talk a lot to myself, but not out loud, I keep them in my head. I do that most often when going to sleep (I usually fall asleep 30 minutes after all dark and quiet), and when taking a shower (90% of the time its about Pokemon) - just random thoughts.

Synerjee
February 8th, 2013, 05:42 AM
I don't talk to myself except from the very occasional irritable mutter directed at myself or something or someone that irritated me. I don't suddenly burst out talking to myself out of no where; I find that quite out of place, especially when it's quiet and there's no one around.

Sodom
February 11th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Sometimes I absent-mindedly read things out loud when I'm by myself, but generally I don't talk to myself all that much. Unless I'm acting something out that's going on in my head.

pikakitten
February 11th, 2013, 05:39 PM
I talk to myself to often, out loud too, I'm just... lonely, I guess... xD

Gleam Noiyam
February 11th, 2013, 05:41 PM
...Yeah... I do this very often at home and my dad asks this exact question: "Who are you talking to?"

Rϵd
February 11th, 2013, 05:42 PM
yes, i talk to myself sometimes when i'm playing imagination

Seki
February 11th, 2013, 05:44 PM
I talk to myself in my mind, though, when I am crying, I normally talk to myself like a crazy guy.

Sora
February 11th, 2013, 10:04 PM
I talk and mutter to myself. Usually I try to do so when I am alone but sometimes I accidentally do so when people are around. I don't care though, I do what I want.

♣Gawain♣
February 12th, 2013, 01:03 AM
I have my own fantasy world in my head, but I don't talk to my self.

Magic Christmas Lights
February 12th, 2013, 09:27 AM
I do all the time. I live alone so I don't have to feel silly doing it (suck it neighbors, I don't care what you think.) I think self-talk is a great way to analyze stuff and to break depressive or anxiety-provoking lines of thought.

Cosmotone8
February 12th, 2013, 10:03 AM
I talk to myself when I'm trying to figure out something difficult, like a math problem or some CSS thing.

Axeliira
February 12th, 2013, 10:31 AM
lmao all the time, yeah. Only when I'm home alone, though. Because that would be pretty awkward if I talked to myself and someone's like in front of me lol.

Hannah
February 12th, 2013, 03:08 PM
I often say to myself, 'Who are you kidding, Hannah?' and something along those lines.