PDA

View Full Version : Loop-de-Loop!

Synerjee
February 7th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Yup, roller coasters!! If you go to a theme park/fun fair, are they one of the first attractions you look for? Do you love riding them? Or do you avoid them altogether? Are there some of these fast-paced attractions that have left an imprint in your mind, whether good or bad? Any recommendations or must-tries for those adrenaline junkies who can't get enough of them? Which is your favourite roller coaster? Do share some pictures if possible!

Discuss!!

Dakota
February 7th, 2013, 08:08 PM
I adore roller coasters. I remember as a kid liking them, but always avoiding the ones that went into a loop. I was deathly afraid that it'd lose momentum and I'd fall on my head. Then, one day, I was just all brave and tried it, and loved it! It's a thrill ride, for sure, and I go on every roller coaster I can.

I need to go to an amusement park asap.

Evanlyn
February 7th, 2013, 08:50 PM
I've never been to a big carnival/adventure park or whatever, just a few country shows each year. Anyway, when I was little I adored the 'bumper cars' or the '3D ride' but nowadays I just don't bother, because at these country shows the prices got to nearly $10 a ticket.

Oh and I've never been on a roller coaster, or anything thrilling like that.. the most thrilling ride is the 'octopus' where there's arms and we swing around in circles, but yeah... roller coasters and those rides where you just drop straight down sound soooo cool but I've never had a chance to ride any of them.

Sweets Witch
February 7th, 2013, 10:11 PM
I enjoy them, but my memories are conflicted when it comes to the line leading up to them. I really want to say that I always end up waiting forever, but it's not really that long at all. The longest I had to wait was for Space Mountain at Disney World and that was only because it was closed for a few hours.

Talli
February 8th, 2013, 02:34 AM
I do not go to many theme parks due to having ASD/HFA which makes crowds tough for me and my family. I did go to Six flags over Georgia and it was an nightmare with the crowds and only got on one ride Goliath.

The longest I have waited for a ride was 20 minutes but felt like 2 hours to me.

⊗Slenderman⊗
February 8th, 2013, 07:10 AM
I live in Pennsylvania so I've been to Hershey Park more times than I can remember. x; I've always liked rollercoasters and have been on every one there at least once. If anyone else goes there, Stormrunner is the best but is far too short.

Cosmotone8
February 8th, 2013, 09:36 AM
I love rollercoasters! The more intense the better. The longest line I've ever waited was probably around one hour or so, around there, and it was totally worth it. My favorite is probably the Rockit Rollercoaster in Universal Studios in Orlando. The coolest part is that they let you pick from a selection of music to listen to while you're flying through the loops. So each person will have their own music blaring in their ears that they pick. The intensity of the ride is awesome too, featuring a lot of loops and going pretty fast. Here's a vid of the ride.
JjI2a8wRe34

Cassino
February 8th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Hm. No, I don't like them.
It is interesting to learn how they're designed and made, though, since they're all unique.

Sammi
February 8th, 2013, 02:35 PM
I've always been cool with rollercoasters. Sadly it's been years since I've ridden on one. Someone come with me to Worlds of Fun or something. It's the closest amusement park I can think of and I've yet to visit! Also I need a ride out there. I'd probably have gone if I had a car!

Not a huge fan of wooden rollercoasters, or at least the one I tried and remember, because it was too bumpy. There was one that scared me because it felt like I was going to fall out when it turned. For the longest time I didn't want to go on ones with loops, because I was afraid I'd fall out, but I'm long since over that. I'll always be a bit afraid waiting in line, but it's almost always fun once I'm on!

It's been so long since I've regularly been to amusement parks so the only roller coaster I can remember the name of is the Silver Star (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Star_%28roller_coaster%29) in Europa Park. Fast as hell, so of course it was fun. And it had an indoor lobby for the line, so we got to look at cars and stuff while waiting to get on (it took forever, haha). Europa Park in general was a fun place to visit and I was glad to go before I moved out of Germany and back to the US.

Hikamaru
February 8th, 2013, 02:38 PM
No, I have a massive fear of rollercoasters since they go so fast and crazy, and rides like that make me puke heavily.

Rϵd
February 8th, 2013, 02:55 PM
I LOVE roller coasters. I always ride them when I go to a theme park or something. I enjoy them, and I always will. The first time I was like, "I'm gonna kill myself...what did I do...?" I almost cried, really. Then..."OH MY GOD. OH MY...I WANT TO RIDE AGAIN. THIS IS AMAZING."

Brynjolf
February 8th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Roller coasters are almost my worst nightmare. I really hate that freefall feeling.

Not only does it feel like I'm falling out of my own control, but I am strapped into a thousand pound metal box. Not cool.

Caelus
February 8th, 2013, 11:52 PM
I love rollercoasters. That said I haven't been in one in years since there's not a single amusement park nearby, but once I turned 12 and went to Wonderland in Canada my fear of rollercoasters disappeared.

Sora
February 9th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Roller Coasters are the best. I love the feeling when you're on one and I wish that I had the opportunity to go on one more often. It's been years since I have been able to and it's a little sad when I think about it.

Synerjee
February 9th, 2013, 02:16 AM
As for me, I LOVE roller coasters! xD It definitely will be the first thing I look out for when I go to a theme park. I won't ride it immediately though. I save it for when the time is right! If there isn't a roller coaster, I feel like they've taken the 'theme' out of the 'park'. xD

The most recent one I've ridden was Battlestar Galactica in Universal Studios, Singapore. MAN was that simply AWESOME! This attraction has two separate tracks, each twisting around each other as they go spiralling up, down and upside down. One is called 'Human', which is basically the milder version of the 'Cylon'. xD

Here's a video! ENJOY! xD

jWJYeimZUPo

The red track is 'Human' and the blue is 'Cylon'. One thing that you might notice about this roller coaster is that during the initial ascending, it accelerates. Usually, roller coaster cars climb slowly, but this is completely different. One has to try it to feeeeel it! xD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
February 9th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Haven't been on one in years, but I haven't been to an amusement park in years. I won't shy away from them. During a high school trip to a theme park, I actually rode the same coaster twice...once right after eating about 5 or 6 hamburgers for dinner. And yes, I survived that second run just fine. My first coaster ride was in fifth grade.

One thing I always worry about when riding them is the possibility of my glasses falling off while going through the loops. Fortunately it hasn't happened yet.

Sodom
February 11th, 2013, 05:30 PM
I've never been on a roller coaster and quite frankly the thought terrifies me. I think I'd be one of those people who throws up immediately after :P

Mr Cat Dog
February 14th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Love 'em. And it's been way too long since I've been on one. Probably at least 6 or 7 years, which is really depressing when I think about it! My favourites are all in Florida: Duelling Dragons and the Incredible Hulk at Universal: Islands of Adventure, and the Kraken at Sea World. Air at Alton Towers in the UK isn't too shabby either, but you really can't beat the Americans at roller-coasters, loath as I am to admit it.

Sylphiel
February 15th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Uhhh. No.

I've only been on a few roller coasters in my life, most of them at the amusement park I visited about...5 or 6 years ago? Anyway, yeah, I'm always reluctant to go on roller coasters, only might enjoy them after I try them, and really, I'd rather just be able to keep my feet on the ground.

(And then I get told about bigger, faster coasters elsewhere...oh heck no. No thanks, I'll stay away.)

White Mage
February 15th, 2013, 04:01 PM
I have a HUGE fear of roller coasters. I mean, some roller coaster are fine, but for the most part, I hate them.
I can't handle anything with loops, incredibly high speeds, or large drops. Which narrows my options by a LOT, so I prefer to just stay away from them.

Rainbow Arcanine
February 16th, 2013, 12:57 AM
I adore rollercoasters <3, although I've only been on them a few times and the most recent one was last year, in Hong Kong,Disneyland :D. It was a ride in the dark rollercoaster with twists and turns, I remember being terrified at first but it was amazingly fun <33333. I don't really like going upside down honestly, but rollercoasters still give you this childhood thrill which I'll never forget :).

♣Gawain♣
February 16th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Actually, I never tried one before. But I asked those people who had experienced riding one, they say it's awesome. Then I would love to ride on one!

revere
February 16th, 2013, 02:20 AM
ive been onto one, and it kinda sucked. was kinda young and scared stiff ;;

but during my trip to singapore, i actually tried to go on the battlestar galactica at universal studios 0_0, which failed eventually :P

Correspondence
February 16th, 2013, 02:30 AM
I've only ridden a slow one because there wasn't a fast one that day.Usually though i just ride non-puke producing rides.

Kura
February 17th, 2013, 06:50 AM
I like amusement park rides, though I have to make sure it looks safe enough. I rode a standing-up roller coaster that I was apparently tall enough for, but when it went on a slope, I bashed the back of my head downwards, missing the cushion and onto the plastic.. and pretty much almost got a concussion; I'm always really weary nowadays.

Cordelia
February 17th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Roller coasters are my favorite type of ride. I love going to them at the local theme park (Busch Gardens, Williamsburg), but unfortunately I don't get to go very often anymore. I've been riding them since I was three and I just love the thrill of the ride.