PDA

View Full Version : Chew with your mouth closed!

Gleam Noiyam
February 9th, 2013, 02:25 PM
At the dinner table how polite would you say you are?

Me? Seeing as a don't really eat at the dinner table... but when I do I guess make an effort to be polite. ...But I often chew with my mouth open because I don't exactly remember to chew with it closed all the time... ha ha ha.

Dakota
February 9th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Well, I eat dinner alone, since family dinner time is basically non-existent. I eat with my mouth closed, but usually I accompany dinner with TV or a book. D;

Sweets Witch
February 9th, 2013, 04:00 PM
I'm eating dinner right now, actually. Reclining in my chair with a leg draped over the arm, the keyboard balanced on my lap, and a bowl of soup wedged between my ribs and leg while I guffaw at videos on Youtube. It's unflattering. I feel unflattering.

In a regular dining situation I constantly remind myself to do polite things like chew with my mouth closed, use a straw, and not pound my fist on the table if something makes me laugh while I'm eating. Recently I've been trying to make it a habit to put my napkin on my lap and keep myself from doing The Gendo. It's going well.

⊗Slenderman⊗
February 9th, 2013, 05:05 PM
I don't eat at the same time as other people in my family. Usually I'm on PC while I eat. But considering it gets on my nerves when people do things like that, I try not to.

Evil Stud Muffin
February 9th, 2013, 05:11 PM
All bets are off if its at home, macaroni slurping, talking with full mouth the works. With a girlfriend its different, I might even eat less then her from fear of being unpolite.

Brynjolf
February 9th, 2013, 08:12 PM
I eat really fast, but otherwise I have okay manners.
Chewing with your mouth open is just plain rude and it's honestly not all that hard to remember.. It drives me insane. That and scraping your teeth against your fork. Euuughh.

Talli
February 10th, 2013, 03:59 AM
I eat in front my computer normally..unless it's a special day. My table manners are okay I think.

revere
February 10th, 2013, 04:22 AM
ive practiced this habit since young, even when im computing, so it comes naturally to me by now

Rϵd
February 10th, 2013, 05:14 AM
i eat with my mouth closed, i use the knife to put the food in the fork and i...eat

Penta Penguin
February 10th, 2013, 07:18 AM
I eat food with my mouth open, and seem to chew quite fast, like a squirrel. As for where I sit to eat my dinner, in the lounge with a tray below the food. I tend to spill/drop things a lot onto the tray, better than on the floor, wouldn't you agree?

Zebeedoo
February 10th, 2013, 11:35 AM
i eat with my mouth closed all the time, mainly because i'm self conscious of eating in front of others but even when i'm on my own i chew my food with my mouth closed. same with yawning though, i always cover my mouth. o:

Brendino
February 11th, 2013, 12:41 AM
By the time I generally get home to eat dinner, everyone's either going to or already in bed, so I just end up eating at my computer. I've always had good table manners, though, as it always bothered me went people eat loudly or with their mouths open, even when I was a kid (I still catch my sister doing it from time to time, and I make sure she knows about it).

Kura
February 11th, 2013, 02:44 PM
When I'm by myself in my flat, I may do the bachelor thing (drink from the carton) but that's cause I live alone haha..

Other than that? No, I think I have good table manners. Napkin on my lap, place the utensils all in the right places. Chew with my mouth closed..

If the place calls for it, like a ramen shop, I will slurp, otherwise no. I guess the only thing I don't do is eat with my hands with indian food because I never have indian often.

Umm.. also, I won't eat my burger or pizza all posh-like (knife and fork.) I'll eat them with my hands.

Playful_Weasel
February 11th, 2013, 04:12 PM
In my home, everyone eats in their own rooms, so family meals are saved for special events (birthday, Christmas, Thanksgiving). I normally eat in my room on the computer, playing board games, card games, or watching videos on Youtube, Cartoons online.

pikakitten
February 11th, 2013, 05:46 PM
We normally eat together but even if we don't, I don't pig out or anything, but everyone else does xD

Hannah
February 13th, 2013, 02:46 AM
My mom always comments on how I eat like a princess. I chew with my mouth closed, I don't talk when my mouth is full, and all those fancy table manners people teach us.

Cordelia
February 13th, 2013, 02:08 PM
I try to be mostly polite, but I often find myself putting my elbows on the table. I do chew with my mouth closed and try not to talk with food in my mouth.

Patchisou Yutohru
February 17th, 2013, 08:42 AM
I'm proper and polite when I'm at the dinner table. But I don't eat at the dinner table.

Inferna
February 17th, 2013, 09:03 AM
My family only eat at the table on christmas and stuff, we always just sit on the couch/chairs and eat our dinner off our laps, very classy :P none of us are polite either aha
I am polite when I'm out in public or eating out though. I usually wait to eat my food before I speak but then agin it depends who I'm with!

Caelus
February 17th, 2013, 12:57 PM
My family rarely eats together so we just eat on the couch, in the kitchen, or by ourselves in the dining room.

I try to chew with my mouth closed and avoid talking with food in my mouth, but I sometimes have my elbow on the table out of habit.

Sodom
February 18th, 2013, 02:49 AM
I'm polite at other people's dinner tables, but at my own I act pretty much like I do everywhere else. We don't really do dinner etiquette at my house lol. That said, I don't really eat dinner at the dinner table, I eat it here at my laptop :P

Xilfer
February 18th, 2013, 04:37 AM
My family is relatively polite, though my younger sister #1 could do with some lessons in table etiquette. I, on the other hand, am horrendous. It's not to say that I eat with my hands, but rather that I chew with my mouth open. Sometimes it's so loud, that if the window's open, the neighbor can just about hear it.

However, I have a perfectly good reason for doing so. Through personal experience, I've found that food is actually more tasty when you chew with your mouth open! True story.

Isseubnida
February 18th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Although I have guilty pleasures when dining, I try to be as polite as possible.

♣Gawain♣
February 18th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Uh, 50/50? Depending on the atmosphere and the people at the table.