PDA

View Full Version : Creepy Crawlies

Brynjolf
February 10th, 2013, 11:26 AM
How tolerant are you of spiders, slugs, crickets, roaches, rats, and other vermin?

Do you scream and run away, do you stare at it, do you pick it up?

JayD
February 10th, 2013, 11:28 AM
I would pick it up in disgust lol. I'm not really scared of them just find them pretty dirty and disgusting.

Honest
February 10th, 2013, 11:33 AM
I dislike insects with a passion. Thankfully there's no roaches in this house.

Mice are adorable though, I hate to admit.

Brynjolf
February 10th, 2013, 11:39 AM
I have to pick up crickets and isopods for my chameleon to eat, so I'm fairly comfortable with bugs.
Rats and spiders? No wayyy!! Eugh!

Gyardosamped
February 10th, 2013, 11:56 AM
I'm not very tolerant of having any type of bugs or vermin near me.

I have a specific phobia to roaches and anything that may look like them. Seriously, when I see a roach I can't stay in the same place I was in until I know that the roach was either killed or removed. They just gross me out.

I like hamsters, gerbils, and stuff like that, but no rats, please. They are just creepy, lol.

Caelus
February 10th, 2013, 12:48 PM
I don't have a problem with mice and rats but I hate spiders and roaches. Could care less about slugs and crickets.

Unless they're in my house I'm just going to leave them alone. Fortunately I've never seen them inside my house besides the occasional spider.

Talli
February 10th, 2013, 01:16 PM
I am alright with most kinds of creepy crawlies expect from Crane flies.
If I see one I'll run a mile without stopping.

Sweets Witch
February 10th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Bugs? No issue there. I'm pretty indifferent to them. Mice and rats? Nope nope nope nope I'd rather launch myself out of the nearest window than handle them.

I don't mind furry things and I don't mind things that move quickly, but I cannot do furry things that move quickly. No thank you. It's an intolerance that stems from watching a rat shadow crawl across my window at my old house. The shadow, of course, was much larger than a normal rat, but it was late at night every time it happened and it kept me awake out of sheer terror.

Blade_of_darkness
February 10th, 2013, 02:37 PM
The only things that I can't stand are roaches & rats, as they're pests rife with disease.

Everything else I don't mind, even when it comes to handling them. I'm not sure why some of them are scared of spiders, though.

Broken_Arrow
February 10th, 2013, 02:49 PM
lets see,i don't deal with spiders here as they're barely seen and i mean it literally..spider here are very small and no venom so no danger we're good!

roaches, rats???? [Message has been removed for people's own sake]....the same way Edward cullen hates Jacob black or maybe even more like the same way Sam hates all the cullens!!! i just hate em and no i don't fear em i just hate them v.v

other insects..i hate em too even more than hating MLP!!!!

i hate everything!

Brynjolf
February 10th, 2013, 03:23 PM
I am alright with most kinds of creepy crawlies expect from Crane flies.
If I see one I'll run a mile without stopping.

Oh my god, I hate crane flies. They look like FLYING spiders.. Definitely hate those.

Sableye~
February 10th, 2013, 03:34 PM
I've had pet rats before and family members have had mice. So I actually find them to be quite cute.

Bugs generally don't bother me. I don't enjoy finding a spider just chilling out on my arm, though. If it's something like a snail, I'll think it's cute. I:

Edit: As for stuff that stings, I just avoid them. Somehow, I end up being stung anyway, though. The one time I don't even know what the heck that was that stung me. :?

Sammi
February 10th, 2013, 06:10 PM
The only bugs and rodents I could tolerate in the house are flies, and I'm still going to get rid of them. The rest of them freak the hell out, especially if they're in my house. ;~~~~;

If it's outside, the only thing I freak out about are bees. I don't want to get stung, haha. Otherwise I hardly notice.

Brynjolf
February 10th, 2013, 06:30 PM
I've had pet rats before and family members have had mice. So I actually find them to be quite cute.

Bugs generally don't bother me. I don't enjoy finding a spider just chilling out on my arm, though. If it's something like a snail, I'll think it's cute. I:

Oh definitely. I find snails and slugs to be VERY adorable :)

Spiders, not so much.

Sylphiel
February 10th, 2013, 09:46 PM
I can't say what I'd do if I encountered a rodent, since I've never had to deal with them as a pest.

Spiders I'll keep my distance from and hope they go away, things like centipedes I'll probably squish, something like a beetle or similar I'll catch and release outside, if it's a roach or a fly, nope, they're definitely getting squashed. I will not stand having roaches around, and as for flies...well, seems like there are times of the year where if I get one, I suddenly have 30, so NO. No flies. It got so bad last year I ended up finally buying flypaper for those little beggars (and of course by that time I'd gone on enough of a rampage that they were pretty much all dead).

A stingy bug like a wasp, I'll probably flail around and hope I can coax into going outside. Hnnngh.

Anything else, though...I'll probably end up leaving alone. Like those silverfish I've had pop up in my bathroom from time to time. They're okay, I don't care if they stay.

TornZero
February 10th, 2013, 10:29 PM
I used to have pet hamsters, and one of my teachers had guinea pigs that I loved to play with, so rodents are generally fine by me.

Bugs, however, I will freak out (just a bit) if I ever see a bug inside. Outside, only a bee or mosquito or the like would make me cringe. Hate bugs overall, kinda phobic.

PlatinumDude
February 11th, 2013, 12:48 PM
I tend to feel uneasy around cockroaches, but I'm okay with other smaller insects. As for rats/mice, it depends on whether they're domesticated or not.

Hikamaru
February 11th, 2013, 01:37 PM
I'm not really scared of bugs, unless if it's a bee or wasp (I always think they're trying to sting me), also spiders. I hate spiders.

Rats also creep me out cos they're pests.

Kura
February 11th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Bugs dont bother me unless they're in my home. I kill them from afar with a mix of hairspray in one hand and raid in the other. I haven't encountered rats or anything in my home, though.

Keiran
February 11th, 2013, 02:52 PM
I absolutely HATE worms/slugs, they disgust me so incredibly much. Some spiders trouble me, but only because I worry that they're venomous. I am perfectly okay with rats/mice etc.

Basically anything slimy disgusts me. Worms, slugs, frogs, snails, leeches and to a lesser extent fish.

Poke Fox
February 11th, 2013, 03:56 PM
I myself am very fascinated by bugs and arachnids and other small creatures.

I try to not bother them unless they try to make their home in a place I use a lot (such as closet, or the shelf, or computer desk).

I'm only worried about the insects/vermin/creatures that could potentially carry diseases, I try to dispose of them as quickly as possible. Such as flies, ants, roaches, especially rats and mosquitos.

I don't mind bugs at all. I especially love spiders, they tend to keep the other bugs away, and usually make their homes/webs in corners I don't use at all.

CarcharOdin
February 11th, 2013, 04:03 PM
I've never had much of a problem with creepy crawlies except for wasps. I also find rats adorable.

Some insects may look creepy and I wouldn't like having them on me, but I don't mind getting a good look at them FOR SCIENCE.

However, there are some insects I don't want to have to deal with. These five are a good place to start. (http://www.cracked.com/article_15816_the-5-most-horrifying-bugs-in-world.html)

pikakitten
February 11th, 2013, 05:45 PM
I don't know why but even though I don't mind bugs, I can't have them on my skin, too creepy xD

Hannah
February 13th, 2013, 03:08 AM
I'm terrified of all insects, mainly because they're gross and icky, but I don't scream. Although whenever I see a cockroach, I stare at it for quite some time, or warn my mother. But when it has wings, run. away.

Cordelia
February 13th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Not tolerant at all. I hate bugs and rodents... they are the most disgusting creatures on earth. I also kind of freak out over them, but not as bad as some girls I know do. They are just so gross!

Ephemeral Euphoria
February 13th, 2013, 01:59 PM
The only thing I'll spare if it's in my room would have to be a guinea pig, everything else I kill on sight.

TwilightBlade
February 13th, 2013, 07:44 PM
AHHHHHH

I do not like most bugs at all. If it flies, it has to die. I don't necessarily scream... I just yelled enough so I can catch someone's attention and asked them to squish it. Spiders scare me a bit. Roaches are icky. I'm terrified of wasps and bees. I reallyyyyy don't like flies. >:( I don't have an opinion on slugs nor rats. They better stay away, yeaaa!

Crickets are kinda cute imo. My dad would put a bunch of crickets in the cricket bucket, for fishing purposes. I watched all the lil crickets hop around. Shame they were soon about to become fish food. D8 Oh, worms and lizards are cute too. /tomboy

Ash
February 13th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Cockroaches I hate seeing in my room but they don't bother me. I just kill them or kick them out. Same goes for a few other insect pests, though some I kill on sight while others I do not. Crickets I definitely don't mind since I have to feed those to my Bearded Dragon.

I don't mind Mice and Rats either. When they are in the garage or in the house we try out best to kick it out without killing it. Same goes for lizards as well as snakes that we sometimes find in our pool area.

Patrick
February 14th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Oh. Oh God. Oh how I despise most insects. Almost every last one of them finds some way to make a pest of themselves. Ants? Cute, but if you have one in your house, you probably have a million more, and they're hard to get rid of. Roaches? Never really had that problem, but I feel for those who do. Mosquitos? Enjoy your malaria. House flies? Enjoy other diseases on top of maggots. Fruit flies? Same as the ant problem. Biting Flies? Enjoy that stinging welt. Bed bugs? Ticks? Fleas? Lice?

And I haven't even gotten to the ones that eat your crops if you're a gardener. And then there's our arachnid buddies the spider and the scorpion, fortunately I've never had to tangle with threatening spiders or any kind of scorpion, so my opinion is slightly more neutral in that I know that at least spiders are trying to kill off the annoying insects, but I still murder all the spiders that look creepy as heck in the off chance that they bite humans.

Wasps and hornets... ahh, my worst enemy. I could spend forever talking about how much I hate these things. Yellow jackets especially. Yellow jackets are the insect equivalent to the vindictive buttholes you meet in real life. And then this thing from hell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_giant_hornet), I'll have a heart attack just seeing it.

The only bugs exempt from my contempt are caterpillars, butterfiles, (I guess) pretty moths, fireflies, honeybees, (I guess) crickets/grasshoppers though the latter freaks me out sometimes, and cicadas. I'd exempt pill bugs if they weren't crop killers.

To say you hate rodents is way too broad. Rodents are more than mice and rats, you know. And I love the both of them. Maybe not in my house as the filthy kind, but the pet type are adorable.

skyluigi2
February 14th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Ha, I'm not very tolerant at all... especially with spiders. Vile creatures, they are. I usually just try to ignore creepy crawlies and stuff (mainly because I'm too freaked out to go near them), but the problem with that is: what do I do when they come over to me? Either get away as fast as possible or sit there with my eyes closed I hope they just get away.

Crux
February 15th, 2013, 04:21 PM
I love mice and rats!

I used to hate spiders, when I was like 3, but I don't mind nor love them now per say.
The only time I can remember being freaked out by an aracnid was when I found one the size of my fist on my leg. :I

I've always had strange encouters with stinging things... bees love me, wasps avoid me, and scorpions just ignore me. Overall I don't really mind bugs/insects/aracnids.
Mosquitos though, god damn I hate them!

Osiris
February 16th, 2013, 12:15 AM
I guess I'm just tolerant of small things like bugs- if they aren't bothering me, I won't bother them. If I see them crawling around places they shouldn't be though (near food, on furniture, etc.), I'll either wash them down the sink or throw them outside.

Rodents, unless they're kept as pets, I'm far less a fan of. The worst was about 10 years ago during a cold winter, where a bunch of mice made their home in the complex we lived in (first found out about them one morning at about 6:30, when one ran right across the bathroom floor in front of me, as I was trying to do my business). We ended up catching about two or three dozen of them in our place alone, with nearly 500 of them being found in total. Haven't seen any more anywhere I've lived since then, but that was an experience that really made me hate wild rodents like that in general.

Correspondence
February 16th, 2013, 03:00 AM
I can usually handle spiders and bugs and whatnot but i simply cannot stand rats.They just freak me out.

♣Gawain♣
February 16th, 2013, 03:00 AM
I love to study anything about life, even slimy flatworms and sea hares.

Shining Raichu
February 17th, 2013, 03:18 PM
All of them freak me the hell out. I live in Australia which outside of the third world is pretty much the bug capital of the world, and I hate that. I live in fear of pretty much all of them except flies :P.

At school I used to zip my bag up as tight as I could when I was sitting outside just in case a bug should crawl inside of it. I keep a can of bug spray in my bedroom. They are my worst nightmare lol

Mr Cat Dog
February 22nd, 2013, 04:14 PM
I'm fine with all of them. Bugs, spiders, creepy crawlies of all kinds. I don't really love any of them, but I can be in a room with a tarantula (and have been on more than one occasion) without feeling terrified. The only things that comes close to freaking me out are butterflies; when I was younger, I was really scared of them. Nowadays, I don't really mind them. I'd rather not be in a room with one, but I can probably handle myself a lot better now than when I was 6, and would start crying at the sight of them!

Cassino
February 22nd, 2013, 07:43 PM
No reason to do anything. I'll move them if they're in my way.