PDA

View Full Version : Last Movie You Watched?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Ace.
February 12th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Well the title says what this thread is about. What was the last movie that you watched? Was it a movie about your favorite singer? Or was it a funny movie? Out of 10 what rating would you give it? You can right a review or how you think the movie went if you want to.

DavidtheDeadPhilosopher
February 13th, 2013, 04:41 AM
The last movie I watched was "Drive" starring Ryan Gossling. It had some really strong points, including an amazing electro-synth soundtrack by Kavinsky. It also had some very interesting cinematography. I really enjoyed the opening scene, however almost every scene afterwords just felt flat. I mean for a movie called "Drive" it really didn't have a lot of car chase/action scenes in it.

I felt the film was too slow, and that the build-up that eventually did come was flat and uninteresting. I enjoyed Bryan Cranston and Ron Perlman's performances, but disliked most of the rest of the cast, mainly Carey Mulligan.

I guess if i had to pick a word to describe this movie it would be underwhelming. It wouldn't say it was a bad movie though. Just not something that would hold my interest more than once. I'm wouldn't rewatch it. Maybe reading the novel will change my perspective. I sometimes feel there is a point to this movie that I didn't get. I don't know. I'd give it a 6/10.

Sweets Witch
February 13th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Technically it was Precure All-Stars DX2 with my daughter, but that was purely for her.

The last movie I watched for myself was Blow (Johnny Depp, Penelope Cruz, Paul Reubens - surprisingly good cast). For years my brother's told me about how it's his favorite movie, so I watched it a while ago. It was...good. I didn't find the story incredible enough to warrant such a high-profile movie, but that's just me.

Honest
February 13th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Last movie I saw was Warm Bodies with Nicholas Hoult and Teresa Palmer. I reviewed it in my blog, which can be found right here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?b=15092).

Altomare
February 14th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Harry Potter and the Chamber of secrets, with my sister.
It's one of my favorites, I think that the chamber of slytherin looks cool.
I'd give it 8/10.

JayD
February 14th, 2013, 05:45 PM
The last movie I watched (More like a documentary) was, The Rock: The Most Electrifying Man In Sports entertainment.

It shows The Rock's most important matches in his life, or the best ones he had until he retired for the first time. This is a great documentary, highly recommended for every WWE fans out there.

Cordelia
February 14th, 2013, 07:09 PM
The last movie that I saw was the Lorax because my son loves to watch it over and over again. :3 It's a great film for children and adults and I really enjoy it. I don't want to rate it because I don't like rating systems, but I always find it quite enjoyable the hundreds of times I've seen it probably.

antemortem
February 14th, 2013, 08:02 PM
I watched (most of) We Need to Talk About Kevin (Tilda Swinton, John C. Reilly) with some friends via Livestream yesterday and it was... alright. It was absolutely not one of my favorite drama/psych. thriller movies, and it was harder to follow than anything I'd seen before, but it was an alright movie, in bare bones, though I wouldn't watch it again to preserve my sanity.

Sora
February 14th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. Yeah. Not going to be seeing that movie again for a looooong time. Not saying it was bad (I really enjoyed it) but just the feels that come with that movie are too much for my soul. ow.

Scripturient
February 14th, 2013, 11:09 PM
I just recently saw "The Artist". It was enjoyable enough. I guess I was a bit late on getting around to seeing it. 7/10

Squirrel
February 15th, 2013, 03:50 AM
I think the last movie I saw was The Hobbit, boy that was a long time ago haha. It was an amazing film so far that I've watched it three times already and that's without having watched the LotR trilogy, so I'm expecting good things from them! I just haven't had time to watch many films recently, I miss doing so D:

Esper
February 15th, 2013, 11:51 AM
I just watched Iron Sky, the movie where Nazis escaped to the moon and invade Earth decades later. It got so much hype for a while and I knew that if I ever had the chance I would see it just because it seemed like one of those movies that was so over the top with its ridiculous premise that it could be fun. And it was. It was not a great movie in terms of acting or writing, but it was mindless fun.

Zero
February 15th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Saw The Hobbit a few weeks ago. Being a huge LotR fan, I was extremely satisfied with the movie, and though it was very amazing. I saw the movie with a few friends, who AREN'T LotR fans, and they were a little...less appreciative of the movie.

Playful_Weasel
February 15th, 2013, 04:54 PM
The last movie I think I remember seeing was "The Secret of NIMH", I like watching animated movies featuring animals. I fell asleep in the last half hour, not because movie was boring, but I was sleepy after work and a big meal.

Alli
February 15th, 2013, 08:02 PM
I'm not a big movie person, so the last movie I saw was ummm...I wanna say Parental Guidance, which was back in December. Surprisingly, it wasn't that bad a flick. I enjoyed the opening jokes and it was pretty clever. Nicely done, for one of those silly family flicks. But it shows a nice balance of how the new wave of parents raise their children as opposed to the older ways, and I thought it was well done.

We were supposed to see Guilt Trip btw. The theater's website lied to us, so we had to pick another movie that day and...that's what we chose lmao.

Brendino
February 15th, 2013, 11:32 PM
The last two movies I watched were Shrek and Shrek 2, just because I saw them on TV as part of a marathon. A lot of good jokes thrown in there that I always forget about until I see it again, so they're always a good watch (still haven't seen the other 2).

I couldn't even tell you the last new movie I watched (The Avengers, maybe?). I don't actually watch movies all that often, and might only see two or three a year. The last time I can even remember going to the theatres was for Tropic Thunder, and that came out back in 2008.

Brynjolf
February 17th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Probably The Hobbit.

Actually I can't remember so I'm just gonna say The Hobbit.

It was a delicious movie.

Talli
February 17th, 2013, 11:39 AM
The last movie I saw was High school Musical with my daughter, it wasn't as bad as people have said it was.

JayD
February 17th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Last movie I saw was today at 1am, it was The Rundown. Pretty good movie mixed with action and comedy :)

AmericanWonderland
February 17th, 2013, 12:17 PM
The last movie I watched was Pitch Perfect, and I had already seen it, but it was still rather entertaining, it helps that I like music and it's funny.

Kura
February 17th, 2013, 01:04 PM
I half watched Evolution.. so I guess the last movie I watched was the original Men in Black :3 Good fun that <3

twistedpuppy
February 17th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Uhh...let me see. I think the last movie I watched was The King's Speech. I thought the ensemble performance was really terrific.

TRIFORCE89
February 17th, 2013, 05:54 PM
I watched Argo, Zero Dark Thirty, and Lincoln

sonicshuffler42
February 17th, 2013, 06:04 PM
The last movie I saw was High school Musical with my daughter, it wasn't as bad as people have said it was.

I'll admit the first isn't that bad (and I'm 25....) but I think we can agree that the sequels were unnecessary garbage heaps of a movie.

Last movie I saw was Hansel and Gretel and as soon as I walked out of that trash I was thinking the following.
"It looked good on paper, but it belongs on a game console"
2/10

Why, because the plot is that bad -_-

JayD
February 17th, 2013, 07:04 PM
I just watched The Amazing Spider-Man with my cousins a few minutes ago. Good movie, but not as good as the 2nd one :)

Livewire
February 18th, 2013, 08:02 PM
I bought Skyfall on DVD, and watched it all the way through Saturday night. Soooooooooo good. If you live under a rock and haven't seen it yet, then I highly suggest you do!

Otter Mii-kun
February 18th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Last movie I watched was Disney's Peter Pan, which I bought the Diamond Edition DVD+Blu Ray yesterday. I've loved this movie since childhood, as well as the music in it (yes, even the politically incorrect "What Makes the Red Man Red".)

♣Gawain♣
February 18th, 2013, 10:05 PM
The Hobbit. Boy, it competes with the LOTR Trilogy in graphics and story.

Chespin13
February 19th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Perks of being a wallflower

10/10!

JayD
February 19th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Guess Who.

Movie with Ashton Kutcher & Bernie Mac. Ashton Kutcher plays the part of a white guy who is going out with a black girl and when his girlfriend is presenting him to his parents, her father (Bernie Mac) doesn't like him because he is white. So he have to survive the weekend with the very bossy and very over-protective dad of his girlfriend and try to impress him before the weekend is over. A great comedy, recommend anyone who was a fan of the late Bernie Mac.

8/10

KriegStein
February 21st, 2013, 05:18 AM
I watched Hero. (Im a fan of martial arts film.) Story telling was something else than expected. Visuals were great also. Good movie that I could watch again.

Synerjee
February 21st, 2013, 05:36 AM
I watched Skyfall! xD What can I say? That movie was seriously the BOMB. Loved it in all its splendour and action-packed awesomeness. Those of you who haven't watched it yet [i]must[/i ] watch it ASAP!

Overall, I rate it a generous and a well-earned 9.5/10. xD

.EJ
February 21st, 2013, 06:37 AM
I saw the latest Die Hard movie last Friday...it was a nice watch but nothing special

AddictedMonster
February 21st, 2013, 07:42 AM
The last film I watched was Mama. If you want a weird film to watch, give it a go, the ending isnt too clever though.

Esper
February 21st, 2013, 10:52 AM
The last couple of films I saw were Beautiful Creatures, Skyfall, and Eragon (with rifftrax).

Beautiful Creatures was... okay. I was the least impressed in my group. I thought they played a little fast and loose with their mythology and overlooked some characters, but there were some really (unintentionally?) amusing things scattered throughout the movie. Guess I would say that it wasn't bad enough to be fun or good enough to be great.

Skyfall was good seeing it a second time, but not as good as seeing it the first time. Javier Bardem still makes for the best Bond villain of all time, especially with that first scene he's in.

Eragon is a terrible, terrible movie, but has just the right pacing to be perfect for rifftrax. It's, I think, one of the best I've seen. Or heard, rather.

Ace.
February 25th, 2013, 01:49 AM
The Last Movie I watched was Warm Bodies. It was nice to finally see a movie from the Zombies Point of View instead of the Human though the movie wasn't really interesting for me. Some parts were funny though. The ending was nice though. Overall I'd give it a 7/10.

TRIFORCE89
February 25th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Last week I saw: Argo, Zero Dark Thirty, Lincoln, and The Dark Knight Trilogy

hughes
February 25th, 2013, 06:30 PM
I think the last full movie I watched was Paranorman. I saw it in theaters over the summer and recently bought the DVD, so I gave it another view. I'd give it a 9/10. It's a solid animated film and is surprisingly mature in its subject matter and humor.

Sheep
February 25th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Not counting rewatching movies recently that I've already seen, that would be Rise of the Guardians a few months ago! It was pretty great and knowing how they didn't make enough money from it to cover the spending costs makes me sad. ):

Jake♫
February 25th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Just watched the indie film Safety Not Guaranteed. It's a film about journalist trying to get a story about a guy who claims he can time travel. Would definitely recommend it to anyone, was fantastically acted and the story was engrossing.

Alli
February 25th, 2013, 10:27 PM
I saw Toy Story 2 the other day! I was flipping through the channels at my bf's place and found it and oh God it got to the sad song and I was like "I'M NOT GONNA CRY I'M NOT GONNA CRY" and sure enough, I ended up crying all over my boyfriend lol. :( He said that was good though cause he never sees me cry. Wanna see a sad Syd? Make her watch sad Disney movies! lol But of course, Toy Story 2 is awesome. It was worth the tears!

Kyoko
February 25th, 2013, 10:48 PM
The last movie I watched was Mulan, my favorite Disney movie :) I think I had just finished midterms and wanted to relax and watch it since I hadn't in a while. It never fails to cheer me up....or make me tear up >___> I LOVE IT SO MUCH. I can seriously watch this movie 1000 times and it doesn't get old. If I remember correctly, it was one of the very first movies I saw in theatres too.

BE A MANNNNNNNNNNNNN.

GolurkIsDaBomb
February 26th, 2013, 07:37 AM
The last movie I watched was Beast Of The Southern Wild, like the night before The Academy Awards. I thought it was really interesting, and I really liked the main character Hushpuppy. I'd recommend it!

Houndour2005
February 28th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Zarafa.

Animated movie from France.

Had deserved an Oscar nomination for animation.

The Corrupt Plague
February 28th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Moon. It's very difficult to describe without revealing a bunch of spoilers but I'll try my best anyway. One guy is out working on the moon to extract a new energy source only to discover that there is much more happening on the base than he initially believes. One major theme that this movie tackles is what really makes you human. 8/10.

Sweets Witch
February 28th, 2013, 09:25 PM
I watched Strange Wilderness out of the corner of my eye sometime earlier this week. Seen it a dozen times before because my brother has it on DVD so it was nothing new. I still hate most of the characters and I think the plot's really dumb, but the shark laughing scene gets me every time.

Keiran
February 28th, 2013, 10:26 PM
I watched the live-action Rurouni Kenshin movie yesterday which was released last August I believe. It was pretty good, I liked it. Even if you've never seen the anime or read the manga, I recommend it.

Jokedon
March 1st, 2013, 07:46 AM
I watched Arbitrage with Richard Gere yesterday, good film I really recommend it! A kind of thriller but not an action film. Its more drama like. Check out the trailer :)

Rest
March 1st, 2013, 08:31 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/2f/Himizu_film_poster.jpg/220px-Himizu_film_poster.jpg

Himizu (2011), by Sion Sono. It’s hard to think about what to write for a film like Himizu, where everything seems so alien to me. The theme of madness and mental illness, the excessive violence, the over-dependence, the submission… it’s quite a difficult film to digest. Regardless, I loved the performances (old man in the fisherman attire was so MVP). I may need a rewatch, but alas.

Weeaboo Name
March 2nd, 2013, 06:15 AM
Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter.

I think the title is enough for you to know how awesome it was.

Crux
March 2nd, 2013, 08:48 AM
National Security

Oh Martin Lawrence, how you make me laugh.
This movie's pretty good, I liked Blue Streak more, but i'd still give this a 7/10.

Livewire
March 2nd, 2013, 08:55 AM
Last night I watched The Wolfman, the one from 2010 with Benicio Del Toro, Anthony Hopkins, Hugo Weaving, etc. Visually it was pretty cool, I love movies who've mastered that dark, gothic style, especially in a 1890's England, but it wasn't that amazing. I'd rather watch it on DVD without interruptions or edits. It was pretty good though, maybe a 6 or 7 out of 10.

KriegStein
March 2nd, 2013, 09:01 AM
Hercule Poirot : Cards on the table. My favourite Poirot movie/book in terms of plot and psychology.

Evil Stud Muffin
March 2nd, 2013, 09:32 AM
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. I needed a comedy after Evil Dead to calm my nerves.

Apollo
March 3rd, 2013, 08:08 AM
I don't really watch movies, but the last movie I watched was August Rush (I think that was the title?). I watched it because, well, our school forced us too. I didn't really understand it well, but I think it's about a boy with gifted conducting skills whose parents were separated from him, and they were also separated from each other, I guess. It would have been good if I understood it, since the plot seems interesting. The last movie I watched from home was Tangled, but that's not really the question.

JayD
March 3rd, 2013, 03:28 PM
The Devil's Rejects.

A very good sick & twisted movie with a lot of disturbing elements such as gore, torture, physical and sexual abuse.

It's one of the very few very well done horror movies of the 2000's and easily the best movie of Rob Zombie alongside the Halloween remake.

10/10

WogCA
March 3rd, 2013, 03:43 PM
Last movie I watched was the Hunger Games... :\

Emilia
March 3rd, 2013, 09:28 PM
Picnic, an excellent film by Shunji Iwai about a girl committed to a stereotypical asylum and her partners in escape.

Sabrewulf238
March 17th, 2013, 03:15 PM
I just watched Princess Mononoke for the first time tonight. It was really beautiful and a joy to watch.

It reminds me I need to try and watch more Studio Ghibli films. The film that introduced me to Studio Ghibli was Spirited Away. (Then after that I watched Kiki's Delivery Service and The Cat Returns....so Princess Mononoke is my fourth studio ghibli film)

I think I'll check out My Neighbour Totoro next.

Zorogami
March 17th, 2013, 03:26 PM
I just got done watching Argo, and i think it was a good movie. Not excellent, but still very entertaining.

Muani
March 17th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Last movie I watched was Ame and Yuki, Wolf Children.

It is a very adorable movie. C: Later today I am going to re-watch Mononoke or Cat Returns.

Gyardosamped
March 17th, 2013, 04:29 PM
The last movie I saw was "The Call" in theaters. I'd say it's a decent movie (very suspenseful) but the end really does not fit the entire movie. The whole movie you'll be hanging on to your seat, but the end just doesn't make sense, at least it didn't for me.

It's also kinda short and predictable. I'd say it's worth a watch when it comes out on DVD, but don't spend $8.00+ on it to go see it in theaters.

Ryoutarou
March 17th, 2013, 06:12 PM
I saw Stand By Me for the first time today. God, that movie isn't about finding a dead body. It isn't about finding a dead body at all. It was a pretty great movie though, and it's strange seeing all these actors I know as adults when they were kids. The ending was a bit of a bummer, but it's one of those movies that leaves you with so much to think about.

Aquacorde
March 17th, 2013, 07:00 PM
I watched The Lorax yesterday- the 2012 movie, apparently there's another one? It was actually a lot better than I was expecting. Very funny while not being too over-the-top, a lot of little aside jokes and parental [older kid] bonuses. And still thought-provoking with a very blatant message, of course.

Seki
March 18th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Last movie I watched is my country's local production movie, so its probably not worth mentioning, since most of you wouldn't even watch it anyway. But in case if you do, its called Ah Boys to Men 2.

♣Gawain♣
March 18th, 2013, 06:54 PM
1st time watched Wreck it Ralph, 2 days ago before I return to my hometown.

Elaitenstile
March 18th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Last I watched was "The Spy Next Door" yesterday. I didn't pay attention to when it was released, but it looks okay to me.

Penta Penguin
March 19th, 2013, 05:35 AM
I'm not a person that really watches movies, but the last one I saw was Ice Age 4 Continental Drift. I've been a big fan of the Ice Age movies, and this one was a really great movie. Wonder what ideas they might have in the next one, if they do make another one.

Playful_Weasel
March 19th, 2013, 03:58 PM
The last movie I watched last night was "Pokémon La Pelicula: Negro — Victini y Reshiram", yes in the Spanish dub.

Hikamaru
March 25th, 2013, 03:47 AM
Paranormal Activity 2.

To be honest, I don't even understand the movies in the series, with all the surveillance going on but they sure are creepy!

Seki
March 25th, 2013, 04:54 AM
An anime movie called The dissapearance of Suzumiya Haruhi (the japanese name is censored apparently). That scene where the main character suddenly got stabbed scared the balls out of me.

Brendino
March 26th, 2013, 12:13 AM
I just watched "The Greatest Movie Ever Sold," which is a documentary by Morgan Spurlock about advertising and product placement in media, which was funded entirely off of advertising and product placement money. I'm not much of a documentary guy, but the premise of the movie itself got me intrigued, and I've always been interested in marketing campaigns.

Overall it's a pretty informative documentary, and is definitely worth a watch if you're interesting in that kind of stuff.

Altair
March 26th, 2013, 12:22 AM
I just watched 'A good day to die hard' today, wasn't bad, but it wasn't too good either, John Mcclane is getting old! ;P ... They should have ended it on Die hard: with a vengeance, that was the most entertaining one in my opinion.
Number 4 I can't remember well, but 5 (A good day to die hard) didn't have much of a storyline and the plot was predictable, the action however was great (as they should be with all action films). 3 stars I'd rate it.

extremegunner
March 26th, 2013, 06:42 AM
The live action Rurouni Kenshin(aka Samurai X). Well, it's pretty great and fans of the anime should watch it. I did not notice a single CG moment in the entire movie and how they recreate Kenshin's superhuman speed and fluid fighting style with just wires and camera work is amazing.

Perico
March 28th, 2013, 05:15 AM
I finished reading Dracula by Bram Stoker so I thought it would be interesting to see how good is Bram Stoker's Dracula directed by Mr. Coppola. I loved the atmosphere in the film, I really enjoyed looking at it. Good characters, they all are known and can be seen in recent films such as Matrix (Keanu Reeves), Black Swan (Winona Ryder) or even Batman (Gary Oldman). Aside from that, in my opinion, they did a very bad film adaptation. They turned the most important part of the story into something kind of the opposite -.-

JayD
March 28th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Superman IV: The Quest for Peace

Definitely the weakest movie out of the series. Effects aren't as good as the previous ones and the story was kinda focusing more on the humans and the nuclear disarmament. But when Nuclear Man finally arrived, the battle between him and Superman wasn't that great. And some part of the movie, you would just go like, wtf?

zebraskin
March 28th, 2013, 08:09 AM
I watched Identity Thief in the theater yesterday. It was really funny, albeit crude (like most humor these days) but I'd watch it again. :)

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
March 29th, 2013, 12:26 AM
http://s11.postimg.org/4wft7nbbn/pokemon_forever.jpg<--Pokemon4EVER

Cool movie, plot and story was just awesome. I was sorta panicking when that man with the dark-balls captured Celebi, I thought Pikachu was going to be next!

When Celebi was controlling that big "thing" and Ash went inside it to rescue Celebi, that put me on the edge of my seat. The drama was intense, Ash struggling to reach Celebi while it was thinking off the good times they had together. The lake that brought Pokemon back to life was a bit over the top.

When Celebi died I cried a bit. And when Ash calls Oak - that was freeky. If you watched the movie you know what I am talking about.

Overall, good movie that I will watch again. 6/10

Vegetunks937
March 29th, 2013, 01:15 AM
Mere Dad Ki Maruti was the last movie i saw. I watched it on the cinema hall.

JayD
April 2nd, 2013, 04:12 AM
Jurassic Park

A classic movie movie about a bunch of scientist who makes a theme park which contains cloned dinosaurs and a bunch of unfortunate events happens to them.

A very good movie, although I wished they had more dinosaurs become I just love dinosaurs :P

9/10 VERY good movie.

tajaros
April 2nd, 2013, 04:37 AM
The Rock

The movie was absolutely great. I like the story of it, and I liked how they acted so cool and tough. xD I like how the old man escaped the prison using the bedsheet to pull the lever over.

I'll give it 10/10

DavidtheDeadPhilosopher
April 2nd, 2013, 06:44 AM
Highlander II: Renagade Edition

This is the re-edited version of the movie

I've seen both versions of the movie now, and while, neither cut seems to do it for me. This sequal is just plain ungraceful.

Everything in it just screams forced sequel. Even if you change the fact that they are now not supposed to be "Aliens" from another planet, It still feels like a really forced plot device for a sequel. The Villain, General Katana, isn't as much fun to watch as "The Kurgen" (Admittedly one of my favorite on-screen villains of any movie. ) It just feels like they were trying to make a character that was even more over the top. They succeed, but the character is supposed to be a general in a war, and I just don't get that from his character at all. He has his moments, but overall I feel he's just trying to be Kurgen 2.0, and he just doesn't have it.

Nothing in this movie seems genuine. Connery's return, The new love interest, the subplot, nothing. That's not to say I didn't enjoy Connery, he was probably the strongest part of the movie, with all his scenes bringing at least a smile to my face. The moment where McCloud and him are counting the number of bullets that they just got shot with was a rather awesome moment.

It's just too forced of a sequel, although I will give it props for being the only sequel to not retcon any of the original lore. It's no longer cannon though so I guess that's just the way of it. (All Attempts to fix the series after this only lead to retcon, after retcon, after retcon.) 4/10

t3chvoid
April 3rd, 2013, 09:54 AM
The Secret World of Arrietty! :) One of the best hand drawn animated Ghibli movies I have ever seen! :D it should be on everyones watch list! :)

Alli
April 3rd, 2013, 01:55 PM
How To Train Your Dragon was on tv the other day, so I got to watch that. :) If you know me, you know that's one of my favorites, so I was bouncing off the walls when I saw that it was on. XD

Axeliira
April 3rd, 2013, 02:04 PM
Earlier today I watched Dolphin Tale with my sister. I'm a sucker for animal stories, so I had a tissue box next to me.

Zero
April 3rd, 2013, 02:30 PM
Dead Poets Society

Had to watch it and take notes on it for one of my school classes. I got so caught up in the movie that I forgot to take any notes. It's actually a very good movie.

Warship
April 14th, 2013, 10:56 AM
it was x-men 3 Last Stand which was like the 5th time i watched it. its still great though ^^

KriegStein
April 14th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Dracula 2001
A kind of mixed bag. It had some very unique and innovative additions to the dracula myth but as a movie...it fails...alot.

Sweets Witch
April 14th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Get Him to the Greek

Ehhhh...It was alright. I like Russell Brand. I like Jonah Hill. I didn't really care for this movie. The comedy was pretty hit-or-miss and the plot was just okay.

NightOfRemorse
April 14th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Goodfellas

It's a very entertaining movie about gangsters, based on a true story.

Arcturus.
April 14th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Wreck-It-Ralph

Finally rented and watched this yesterday, and I can say I loved it. The best part for me was all the video game characters, like Bowser, Dr. Eggman, Sonic and many others that I got to see, even if they were only on screen for a few seconds.

Esper
April 15th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Easy A. It's surprisingly good for a teen drama that shamelessly name-drops the novel it's loosely based on. Fairly witty dialogue without getting too Whedon-esque. I'd recommend it.

awolfsquared
April 15th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Happy Gilmore.

I've seen this movie a couple times before. Was watching it with my family Saturday and it's still as funny as the first time seeing it. Adam Sandler's early movie are his best stuff. 1990s- mid 2000s was when his movies were still good imo.

Aurora
April 16th, 2013, 03:44 AM
The last movie I watched was Les Miserables back in January with my cousin. Huge tear-jerker, but it was still a fantastic movie. Loved the soundtrack; bought it as soon as I could. I'm considering reading the book, but it's such a tome...

Shadowraze
April 16th, 2013, 03:57 AM
Mars Needs Moms

My Sister was watching a movie in Disney while I'm taking lunch. And I got hooked in the movie it was pretty good the animationa nd graphics of the movie was great I like the story line as well good for kids. :3

JayD
April 16th, 2013, 04:40 AM
The Naked Gun 33⅓: The Final Insult

Great movie with the late Leslie Nielsen. Great comedy that parodies different movies much like the Scary Movie series but much better. definitely recommend if you like good comedy.

Sweets Witch
April 16th, 2013, 11:43 AM
The Girl Next Door

I watched it yesterday just for the sake of watching it again since it was the movie that ushered me into puberty. I still love it and the true meaning of moral fiber is still admirable.

Mochi
April 16th, 2013, 11:50 AM
James and the Giant Peach. Not nearly as good as I remember it being when I was little. I couldn't even finish it honestly lol.

andromeda
April 17th, 2013, 01:25 AM
I watched the Oz fantasy movie. It was a great cast.

Kitori
April 17th, 2013, 08:16 AM
The last movie I watched was the Great and Powerful Oz... it was decent but I thought the story could have been better for something that had such high production value and a classic to live up to.

JayD
April 22nd, 2013, 09:49 AM
Wrong Turn 2: Dead End

Good movie, and some pretty disturbing scenes. It's actually a good horror movie that I enjoy. I recommend if you like gore, cannibalism and disturbing scenes.

Juliet
April 24th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Anyone here likes Pitch Perfect? That was the last thing I watched and I think it's pretty good~ The songs are nice and rebel wilson plays a really funny character :)

ZetaZaku
April 24th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Last movie I watched from start until end was Boyz from the Hood on TV. Seems like a generic ghetto movie. Most scenes were predictable, but the movie was still entertaining.

dannichols
May 7th, 2013, 12:38 PM
The last movie I've seen in theaters as of today is Rise of the Guardians. The last movie I've seen on home video is Hotel Transylvania.

Sweets Witch
May 7th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Role Models

I've wanted to see this movie forever and I'm so glad that I got to because it's hilarious. It actually taught me a few new phrases that I strive to use in mature conversations.

Esper
May 8th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Iron Man 3. I don't know how much I can say without spoiling anything, but all around it was a good movie verging on fabulous. There were some great exchanges between characters. Not the same ad libbed dialogue, but still great. This one felt the most "comic book" of the Iron Man films, and as much as it irritates me a little that they changed somewhat from the (relatively) grounded portrayal or science and superpowers and all that in the first two, I can accept the changes because this is a post-Avengers movie. I don't know if I like it more than Iron Man 2. I might. Probably. More than anything it made me want to rewatch Kiss Kiss Bang Bang which has the same leading man and director and if you're seen it you'll immediately recognize that director's hand in this movie.

Burgundy
May 8th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Gattaca! It's an excellent movie!

bobandbill
May 8th, 2013, 06:06 PM
I last saw The Kings Speech as it was on tv, so we recorded it. I found it was a pretty decent movie, and it has some particularly entertaining moments in it. Hurrah for loosely-based-on-history films!

Haven't seen anything in the cinema for ages... not sure if I saw anything after that Batman film tbh.

Aurora
May 25th, 2013, 01:20 AM
I decided to re-watch Les Miserables. Despite its high melodrama and length, it's a good adaptation of the musical, and by extension, the book. I could watch it multiple times more!

Hannah
May 25th, 2013, 03:37 AM
The last movie I watched was Mirror Mirror on HBO a while ago with my sister and my dad. It's funny, and I like funny movies, so 10/10.

antemortem
May 25th, 2013, 08:03 AM
The last movie I saw was The Great Gatsby last weekend.

Recluse
May 25th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Last sunday I was watching "The Grey" with Liam Neeson. It entertained me, but overall it was meh. Everything was too focused on wolves as a main danger imo.

Powerserge
May 25th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Watched my favorite film for the first time in years last night, Kids Return.

Esper
May 25th, 2013, 06:55 PM
After seeing Star Trek Into Darkness last weekend I went and watched the old Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. It's one of the better old Trek movies, but kind of slow. Not a lot happens in it.

I also finally saw the last Twilight movie just to see how that trainwreck finally ends. The only thing I'll say about it is that I wish I had seen that in theatres so hear all the shocked cries of fans.

I also saw Anna Karenina, which was better than I'd expected. (I don't like Keira Knightly so I don't seek out any movies she's in normally.) It makes me want to reread all those old Russian novels with their hundred pages talking about farming... yeah.

Oh, and I saw Cowboys and Aliens. Which was a good popcorn movie. It's not quite The Fifth Element quality popcorn movie, but there was nothing bad about it. I don't see why the critics hated it.

Sandshrew4
May 25th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Last movie I watched in a theatre was Star Trek: Into Darkness. I loved it, it was amazing!
I also just saw Little Man Tate on TV, and it was one of this nice, heartwarming family films.
I strongly recommend both.

Muani
May 27th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Earlier today, I re-watched Evangelion 2.0 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelion:_2.0_You_Can_%28Not%29_Advance)
I really like Eva.

Yesterday, I was watching a Pokemon movie, with Zoroark in it.

The_Consumer
May 31st, 2013, 12:59 PM
Due to exams, I haven't watched a film since Easter holidays.

It wasn't even good, Open Water 2: Adrift.

Bleh...

JayD
May 31st, 2013, 01:04 PM
Machete

Good movie, but I really thought Machete would be an unstoppable killing machine but he's a regular person who doesn't take **** from no one and a part time badass. Still a good movie nonetheless but the trailer actually seemed much better.

7/10

Tetrakeet
May 31st, 2013, 01:08 PM
The Hobbit. Great movie if you like fantasy and adventure settings. It also has great comedy to lighten the seriousness. The next part probably won't be so happy though, as we (Hobbit readers) all know it will end bad for a certain person in the end. :(

Powerserge
May 31st, 2013, 01:16 PM
Last night I saw a truly disgusting movie that must never be spoken of again.

gimmepie
June 1st, 2013, 06:24 AM
Last movie I watched was The Hangover part 3.

If you enjoyed the first two and like that sort of humour I highly recommend it. It had a different feel from the other two yet it managed to remain very entertaining and somehow, despite its differences, stay true to the original.

As always the portrayal of the characters was perfect xD

Last movie I watched was The Hangover part 3.

If you enjoyed the first two and like that sort of humour I highly recommend it. It had a different feel from the other two yet it managed to remain very entertaining and somehow, despite its differences, stay true to the original.

As always the portrayal of the characters was perfect xD

abarai
June 1st, 2013, 06:42 AM
The Life of Pi

Very entertaining movie. I adore that tiger =3, the animal trainers did a brilliant job as id the cgi artists. Highly recommend it.

AlecGW
June 1st, 2013, 07:16 AM
Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
I love this movie so much and I watch it quite often. The humour is just amazing.

Mukkamoto
June 1st, 2013, 11:07 AM
Last watched Fast and Furious 6 (after marathoning the previous 5)
Think it was a good follow up to Fast 5, had its moments but probably was missing something. Nicely tied up ending too (they tried to link it well and i think it was good)

Awkward.
June 1st, 2013, 03:19 PM
Last thing I watched was Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Lightning Thief as part of the Mythology section in our English class (Mythology in English - who would've guessed?)

I can easily say it was a fantastic movie. Most people say it looks dumb, but it's very tastefully done. It's got good humor, is accurate in relation to the myths, and has some pretty awesome fight scenes (my favorites were probably Medusa and the Hydra, and when Annabelle totally beat up Percy during Capture the Flag xD), and had a good ending too. I honestly loved every bit of it, and cried a bit when Percy's mom was crushed by the Minotaur (judge me). It might be from a few years ago but it's still amazing.

My only qualm was that it could have been a bit longer, as it was over pretty quickly. Nonetheless, still great.

Playful_Weasel
June 1st, 2013, 04:01 PM
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

was the last movie I remember watching before I left the house. On SyFy. Not my favorite type of movies, I don't mind watching once in a while.

Nakala Pri
June 2nd, 2013, 12:44 AM
The last movie I watched was the latest Star Trek. I give it a nine out of ten, I would give it ten but they think JUST BECAUSE YOU DYE A PERSON GREEN, THEY ARE AN ALIEN! It creams my corn!

.:batto:.
June 2nd, 2013, 01:49 AM
My girlfriend has a thing for Ol'Skool 'Horror' Flicks.

We Watched Friday The 13th Last Night. I wouldn't even call it horror. Just Late 70's/Early 80's Rubbish.

Tetrakeet
June 2nd, 2013, 06:44 AM
Shrek was on CN last evening so I watched it. I forgot how funny the Donkey was. :) Eddie Murphy ftw.

Ozymandias
June 4th, 2013, 08:09 AM
I watched Saving Private Ryan a couple nights ago! :)
I lovee that movie

gimmepie
June 4th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Recently I have watched Tower Heist, Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park 2 (Lost World). Onwards to the third JP movie tonight because I love them so much xD

Brynjolf
June 4th, 2013, 06:05 PM
I recently re-watched Iron Man. <3 Ahh Robert Downey Jr

JalordaSerpent
June 4th, 2013, 06:17 PM
I saw Star Trek: Into Darkness a week ago and yesterday I watched my Blu-ray edition of Skyfall. Star Trek though is clearly the best movie of the year though. :)

YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias
June 6th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Recently the last movie I've watched was "Brave". Yeah I know, it's a year old, but not everyone has the time or money to go and watch movies all the time. :/

It was pretty good, although was really stereotypical for the most part. I liked the ending though. :)

xxzyyzxx
June 7th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Inception. Still trying to figure out the whole plot of the movie.

gimmepie
June 7th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Inception is an awesome movie :D

Last movie I watched was the A-Team movie and before that Role Models :D
Tonight I'm watching Underworld: Awakening.

Houndour2005
June 8th, 2013, 03:06 PM
"The Polar Express"

Best animated movie ever.

"Niko 2 Little Brother Big Brother"

Well done sequel to The Flight Before Christmas.

Brendino
June 9th, 2013, 09:00 PM
I just finished watching Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest since it came on TV. It's a pretty good movie, but it's the third time I've seen it now, and I've still yet to see either the original or any of the sequels. I'm thinking I should get around to that sometime, haha.

pokeyellow1
June 10th, 2013, 02:38 AM
last movie I watch was life of pi, only about half way through but plan to finish it up tonight, I love it so far. Its great to see a movie that is not about killing people or blowing things up.

bugsy555
June 10th, 2013, 03:16 AM
The warriors. For the thousandth time. It's a cult classic and everyone should see it once. heres a link to check out http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080120/
dont let the fact that it was made in 1979 fool you, it's pretty cool.

Amore
June 10th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Cocktail (1988)

Can't beat a bit of 1980s Tom Cruise. I actually really enjoyed watching this for a second time, I don't know if the recording hadn't worked right or if I just didn't pay attention but the first time I watched I didn't realise it had a semi-happy ending :)

The Next Three Days

When I saw the adverts for this in 2010 I thought it was much more of an action film. It wasn't, but it wasn't disappointing either. Sure, the plot would be a lot less believable if it wasn't Russell Crowe, and he hadn't taken hints from Liam Neeson. But it was Russell Crowe, and he did take advice from the mentor of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Batman, Bane etc. xD
And it honestly had me sitting up straight wondering what was going to happen next, even once I realised they were definitely getting away with it. The scene where he took the old couple for a drive had me thinking "genius".

The_Consumer
June 11th, 2013, 03:56 PM
The Inbetweeners movie. At last. It was okay...I thought it would be funnier.

Elaitenstile
June 11th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean - At the World's End
Thought I'd see how it went out. Again, Jack and his humour is unbeatable
This movie is so good it should be banned.

Sargas006
June 11th, 2013, 11:53 PM
Last movie I watched was Shanghai Knights. I love movies with Jackie Chan.

SetheKing
June 12th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Iron Man 3. Thought it was fantastic, especially the plot twist they had near the end.

darkpokeball
June 12th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Now You See Me.
Good movie for the most part. A little predictable...but I have to admit, I didn't see the ending coming.
EDIT: HOLY CHIZ! 599 posts! Next post is 600! Better use it on something good...

The_Consumer
June 12th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Haven't watched it yet but I am about to:

City Slicker.

Seki
June 13th, 2013, 06:33 AM
So I watched the Usagi Drop live action movie... Mmm... the anime was better though.

YogiOne
June 13th, 2013, 06:41 AM
I was feeling nostalgic one day and thought back to a movie I enjoyed when i was younger, so the last movie I've watched on purpose was Dude, Where's My Car?

Needless to say it was alot funnier when I was younger.

HeartofCalcifer
June 13th, 2013, 06:57 AM
I was feeling nostalgic one day and thought back to a movie I enjoyed when i was younger, so the last movie I've watched on purpose was Dude, Where's My Car?

Needless to say it was alot funnier when I was younger.

I hate when you re-watch things to discover they aren't what you thought they were :(.. happy to say the last movie I watched was Jurassic Park, and I forgot how much I loved it. The movie holds up to the test of time.

The_Consumer
June 13th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Michael Jackson's This Is It

Guy
June 13th, 2013, 05:57 PM
The last movie I saw was Fast and Furious 6, and that was on its opening weekend. I relatively one to watch more television series than I do movies, and it's not like I go to the theaters very often either. However, I did recently stock up a number of upcoming films on my DVR so I'll be having a person movie marathon soon!

Playful_Weasel
June 13th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Last night watched "Ju-On", had not seen in it in a while, I just dislike the fact that the subtitles could not be taken out, I find them too distracting.

Sweets Witch
June 13th, 2013, 07:10 PM
I watched Scream 2 a couple of days ago and I really enjoyed it. The Scream series has always been my favorite horror series, although I've never seen 4. Maybe this weekend, maybe.

Daisuke Mitsuharu
June 14th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Schindler's List. A good movie, to say the least.

JayD
June 15th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Alien

Good Sci-fi/horror movie. Only thing I don't like about it is the really long and slow paced beginning that it got. Besides that, the movie is great, the Alien looks great apart from when you could tell there's a person inside the costume. Sigourney Weaver is great as Ripley the lead actress and the death scenes are really awesome too. The Chest bursting scene is still great even for a movie that is around 40 years old.

8/10

Limerent
June 16th, 2013, 04:48 PM
The last movie I watched was (god forbid) Rush Hour 3. Only for Jackie Chan, that man is awesome. Definitely ok if you wanted some light hearted, stupid tomfoolery kinda action film. It got me excited and I ended up playing BF3 until 3am.

Playful_Weasel
June 16th, 2013, 06:42 PM
I was watching Jackass 3.5 earlier today on my DVD player.

JayD
June 18th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Iron Man 3

Movie was good, fighting scenes were great, acting was awesome but they had some stuffs that I really hated...

I couldn't stand the fact that The Mandarin put on the posters and everywhere was actually a fake Mandarin made only to be an actor from Killian. One of Iron Man's greatest enemy wasn't even the main villain of the movie. No Ten Rings, Not even a proper Mandarin. At the end when Killian said he was The Madarin, that was a facepalm moment.
Having The Mandarin being the puppet of Killian is like if at the end of The Dark Knight, The Joker reveals that he was just a decoy for Batman and that Sal Maroni was the real Joker...
All in all, great movie except for the horrible antagonist choice. Hopefully, they won't hire the Shane Black for further Marvel movies and Jon Favreau will come back as the director.

diab_low
June 19th, 2013, 05:08 AM
The Cure.

A movie that put hope in me such an amazing movie

SubVirus
June 19th, 2013, 09:57 AM
I recently watched the Lord of the Rings Director's Cut complete Trilogy.
It really was well done and 10/10 for sure.
We watched it marathon style :)

Purple Materia
June 19th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Warm Bodies.

Oh man it was adorable. Awesome movie.

FayAurora
June 19th, 2013, 06:29 PM
The last one I watched was StarTrek: Into Darkness; and let me tell you, at a certain part that I won't spoil, I bawled like a baby! That moment was intense!!

Anyways, I'm excited because tomorrow, I'm going to see Now You See Me!

Guy
June 20th, 2013, 03:03 AM
The Amazing Spider-Man and The Dark Knight Rises. I love my comic book superheroes. As a big fan of the original Spider-Man series with Toby Maguire, I have to say I enjoyed the remake more than the original. Andrew Garfield really is the perfect Peter Parker and I loved Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy.

I really hope Gwen Stacy doesn't die in the sequel as she did in the comics. With recent news that Mary J's character was cut and pushed back to the third film and the hints of Gwen's death from on-set photos, I'm scared for her life.

gimmepie
June 20th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Recently I have watched the Matrix: Reloaded, Punisher (War Zone) and Freddy vs Jason.

The first mostly because I love that fight scene with all the Smiths, the second is an old favourite of mine and is quite different for what it is. The third is because Feddy Krouger vs Jason, need I say more?

Harley Quinn
June 20th, 2013, 02:35 PM
The Amazing Spider-Man and The Dark Knight Rises. I love my comic book superheroes. As a big fan of the original Spider-Man series with Toby Maguire, I have to say I enjoyed the remake more than the original. Andrew Garfield really is the perfect Peter Parker and I loved Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy.

I really hope Gwen Stacy doesn't die in the sequel as she did in the comics. With recent news that Mary J's character was cut and pushed back to the third film and the hints of Gwen's death from on-set photos, I'm scared for her life.

She's going to have to die sometime :)

I last watched... The Misfits with Marilyn Monroe and Clark Gable, I think..???? It's been a couple of weeks since I last watched a film in full due to me being busy/too tired to watch a film :( I really liked The Misfits, it's got a somber feeling to it that comes from knowing that Clark Gable died straight after this filming was done (like ten days after) and Marilyn died a year later :( It was Marilyn's last film too :(

Ace.
June 21st, 2013, 02:15 PM
Last Movie I watched was Safe Haven. It was a pretty cool movie. A bit boring at first but when it came to the ending that's when the interesting parts happened.

awolfsquared
June 21st, 2013, 09:45 PM
Last movie...Mean Girls, it was on TV. I've heard all these good things about it before so I watched it to see what all the hype was about. I ended up liking it. There's alot of funny moments in it and had me laughing all the way through. I can see how people say it's one of the most quotable movies ever cause there was some really memorable and hilarious lines in it. Plus the ending shows that everyone can be special. It's a mixture of funny and smart and I was impressed by how surreal it was to real teen/high school experience. Great movie.

Sweets Witch
June 22nd, 2013, 06:52 AM
Scream 3

I've seen it like 5 times before because it's my favorite Scream movie so I remember the killer clearly, but I completely blanked on what the motivation was until right before the scene explaining it. Now I want to watch 4, which is the only one I've never seen before.

Brendino
June 22nd, 2013, 10:44 PM
I just finished watching Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory for the millionth time a little bit ago. It's easily one of my favorite movies of all time (I could probably quote 50% of the movie if I tried), and it's infinitely better than the version that Tim Burton made a few years back.

Zanark Avalonic
June 23rd, 2013, 01:03 AM
Clive Barker's "Dread"
I like his movies, so I gave this a shot and it definitely lives up to him. It eventually turns into this guy just torturing people with what they fear, just to get "Excitement" from it and he thinks of it like an "experiment". It's very twisted.

awolfsquared
June 25th, 2013, 04:53 AM
The Avengers

First time watching it last night and I'm so thankful my brother has Netflix. :) It was an excellent movie, better than I thought it would be. Might be one of my favorite super hero movies.

Sweets Witch
June 25th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Scream 4 (finally)

I bet people absolutely hate it because revived the series after such a long time, but the plot fit the series storyline so well. I'm so glad they returned to the whole "two killers" motif because half the fun of 1 and 2 was trying to figure out which of the killers performed each murder.

Splintey
June 25th, 2013, 06:30 AM
The Purge and it was great but a little short

papayaperson
June 25th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Now You See Me - great movie!!

About a few magicians that pull off heists, outrun the FBI, etc. just to frame someone and put him in jail (because he doesn't believe in magic).

Arcturus.
June 25th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Just saw World War Z the other day. Not that bad imo, but I don't have the perspective of someone who's read the book.

Playful_Weasel
June 25th, 2013, 01:47 PM
"Pokemon - El Surgimiento de Darkrai" watched the Spanish (Latin America) dub of the movie "Rise of Darkrai"

Sweets Witch
June 25th, 2013, 04:15 PM
MST3K: The Movie

Watched it like an hour ago. Well, didn't actually watch it. Watched all the way up to the opening credits and then fell asleep on my couch. It reminded me a lot of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie in the sense that movie budgets make everything flashier.

Ozymandias
June 25th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Perfect Blue.... O.O That's one hella crazy anime movie xD

Brendino
June 25th, 2013, 11:02 PM
I finally got around to watching the first Iron Man last night, and I plan to watch the other two over the next few days if I get the chance.

I knew the movie was a few years old, but a MySpace reference just a minute or two into the movie really caught me off guard, haha.

NancieyWills
June 26th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Recently I’ve been watched Epic, awesome animation movie really enjoyed while watch this…Story tag is really meaningful. I rate this movie 8/10.

Nomine
June 29th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Since my local theaters had discounts yesterday, I was able to watch 3 movies in one day: Monsters U., Man of Steel, and World War Z. All of them were frickin' awesome!

jasonresno
June 29th, 2013, 12:18 PM
World War Z - Not a book adaptation, imo. You could have called it something else entirely and nobody would have batted an eye. Outside of that it is probably the best zombie flick to hit theaters since Shaun of the Dead. Great set pieces, great rushing action, and very atmospheric. Brad Pitt carried the film, but his Israeli female soldier (don't know the actresses name) had great screen presence. Loved the vibe of the film, hated that it was PG13. They had to pull a lot of punches and it shows. FINAL GRADE: "B"

Amore
June 29th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. ITV's showing them all in chronological order (I->VI) over 6 weeks. Was the first time I'd seen it all the way through. As in Episode I, things Palpatine says seem so much more ominous now I've seen them all xD.

jcl
July 8th, 2013, 11:21 AM
I just watched Bangkok Dangerous last night. It was... uh... interesting. Nicholas Cage is a fascinating actor.

Playful_Weasel
July 8th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Last night before going to work "Terminator 3" on SyFY

Esper
July 8th, 2013, 01:10 PM
I watched Once again yesterday while showing it to a friend of mine who didn't care for it the loser. I've got all the songs from it stuck in my head now.

JayD
July 8th, 2013, 02:29 PM
The Happening

Idea of nature giving out toxins to people in order to defend themselves is pretty...new. Weird but a refreshing take on viruses that always seems to be the main factor of people running away from big cities.

Oh and Zooey Deschanel ♥

adventure
July 9th, 2013, 02:23 AM
Ugh, I really didn't like The Happening ._. It was too creepy for me.

Last night I watched Oz The Great And Powerful. It was not exactly the best movie ever, but even with my limited knowledge of the old Oz movie, it was kind of fun to see how they imagined the wizard getting there and being like he was.

Mr Cat Dog
July 9th, 2013, 03:09 AM
I rewatched Dog Day Afternoon over the weekend while doing the ironing and it's definitely cemented itself as one of my favourite films ever. Top notch Al Pacino, amazing writing and direction, and so funny and daring. I just want to give it a big hug! :D

KacyCrawford
July 9th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Last one was Fast and Furious 6

Esper
July 15th, 2013, 10:18 AM
I saw Monsters University yesterday. Good movie. Somehow, despite the plot and everything not being groundbreaking or stellar, they make it feel really charming and fun and special feeling. That said, I'll be happy when they get back to making more original movies and not so many sequels.

PokeChris123
July 15th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Not sure about the last movie I watched, but I'm going to see World War Z today, so after I see that, I can say that World War Z is the last movie I watched.

Westward
July 15th, 2013, 11:21 AM
I streamed Atlantis: The Lost Empire for some friends a few weeks back. Such memories, I hadn't seen that film in ages.

Arcturus.
July 15th, 2013, 11:31 AM
I saw Pacific Rim the other day, pretty entertaining. The feeling of huge robots fighting huge monsters alone makes this movie worth watching. There was some distractions during the movie though, someone's phone went off beside where I was sitting, a group of people were having a rather loud conversation during the movie, and someone shined a laser pointer at the screen. Whoever did it luckily only shined it during the previews and the end credits fortunately.

Green Stache
July 15th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Ugh, I really didn't like The Happening ._. It was too creepy for me.

Last night I watched Oz The Great And Powerful. It was not exactly the best movie ever, but even with my limited knowledge of the old Oz movie, it was kind of fun to see how they imagined the wizard getting there and being like he was.

And it has Mila Kunis in it. :3 <3

I just came back from watching a movie just then with the family, Coraline. Probably one of the creepiest kids movies out. haha, and before that, Star wars II Attack of the Clones.

Synerjee
July 15th, 2013, 08:14 PM
The last movie I watched in the cinema was Despicable Me 2. Loved it! It was so funny I couldn't stop laughing xD...but that actually really wasn't my last movie I watched though. I just re-watched Ghost Rider on my laptop yesterday night for fun.

strifegirl
July 15th, 2013, 09:36 PM
The last movie I have seen was The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. It was a great movie, not as good as the other three before it, but still good! I'd rate it a 7/10 for a lot of things really, including the actors. I'm pretty excited for the trilogy (if they're making one). c:

Otherwise, before that I watched Howl's Moving Castle and literally cried a little. It's now my favourite movie, close to Spirited Away. 10/10!

Axeliira
July 15th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Saw World War Z last Friday. It was a duplicate of 2012, but with zombies. I wasn't too impressed and I was expecting more zombie gore than a "dad saves the world" plot.

Tsurera
July 19th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Just saw Pitch Black last tues. I was surprised, it was really good. Totally my type of movie. I give it 9 outta 10.

Houndour2005
July 27th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Mama 2013. The perfect start of 2013 in movies.

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. That's a classic.

Arthur Christmas. A must watched animated comedy.

JayD
July 28th, 2013, 12:38 AM
The Fourth Kind

Tbh, I wasn't expecting much when it came on TV. But iy was HIGHLY better than expected. The 'real' and acted scenes were great. Not being able to see the aliens was great, it leaves more to your imagination instead of knowing how they look like. I find that what you DON'T see is much scarier. The ending was the best and the hypnosis seances were also great. Anyone that loves found footage films and encounter with aliens would definitely love this movie. I know I loved it. I was creeped out every second of the movie, maybe because it was also 3am in the morning :P

Mesut
July 28th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Grave of the Fireflies

7/10

It was an alright movie. I think people over-exaggerated about how emotional this movie is. I disliked the little sister but it was sad when she died. I didn't shed a single tear during the movie. I thought it was going to be more emotional.

awolfsquared
July 28th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Wreck It Ralph. FINALLY GOT TO SEE IT. I borrowed the DVD of it from the library and spent tonight watching it. I loved it as much as I thought I would. Video games references everywhere. Great story, pretty funny, very emotional. Almost cried a few times. If you're any bit of a nerd or gamer, you should watch it cause it was amazing. 10/10

Altair
July 28th, 2013, 03:31 AM
I watched the Conjuring in the cinemas last night, it was a great horror movie. It knows how to build suspense as I was leaning back in my chair with my hands digging into the sides! A few people even walked out crying after it finished playing!

It's based on a true story, I'd recommend it for any horror movie fans. >;)

Houndour2005
July 28th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Monster House. A must watch on Halloween. 10/10

Rϵd
July 28th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Monster University lol. Gotta say, it's rly not bad. 10/10.

Dark Sonic
July 28th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Grown ups 2 lol

i got to say it was a really fun movie even better than the first one it's a good movie to much you guys should try it

Razgriz
July 28th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Pineapple Express haha I love Seth Rogen and James Franco xD

Keizaal
July 28th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Pacific Rim!!

Fantastic Movie. I suggest everyone go and see it RIGHT NOW in the theaters... if it doesn't make enough money then it's considered a flop. It was just released at the wrong time, with Despicable Me 2, Monster's University, etc, so people preferred to see the family-friendly movie then the badass robot-vs-alien movie. Absolutely golden. 11/10

KriegStein
July 28th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Cowboy Bebop the movie. Oh boy. I expected it to be a just like a longer episode of the show and I was right in a way... But its absolutely great. Amazing soundtrack (like in the show), jazzin voice casting (as in the show), great story and villain (like in the show). So yeah id suggest anyone who thinks theyl like futuristic film noire kinda movie. :D 10/10

destinedjagold
July 28th, 2013, 11:34 PM
Despicable Me 2.
At first, I was a bit unsure of watching this movie, but what the heck.
Anyway, it was funny as heck.
Yesh, the story was a bit shallow, but I watched it for the laughs, but the annoying ‘analytical side’ of me was...annoying.
Still, I enjoyed the movie. xD
8 / 10

Next up on my list is Pacific Rim. :3
...or World War Z... :3

이큐리
July 29th, 2013, 04:52 AM
The last movie I saw was Monsters University. I have to say I was a little disappointed when I found out that they were making a prequel instead of a sequel with Boo in it. Despite that I still went to see it and I LOVE IT!!!! So funny.

I give MU a 10/10.

Sweets Witch
July 29th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Fresh Precure: The Kingdom of Toys has Lots of Secrets!

I've seen it before but I was watching it with my daughter yesterday and she absolutely adored it. She lost it when the Cure Angel Pickrun appeared because she really likes it.

Esper
July 29th, 2013, 09:28 AM
I went to the beach on Sunday, so I followed that up later that evening by watching Jaws. It would have been better to watch it before going to the beach, but still, what a great summer movie. What a great movie altogether. Especially all the unscripted stuff.

Sweets Witch
July 30th, 2013, 03:15 AM
Pacific Rim

Holy crap, it was unbelievable. It was everything that I ever wanted and more. Rocket punch, boat sword, chain sword, tons of destruction, no forced romance (thank god the lack of romantic dialogue can be explained by Drifting). It was just robots, monsters, and Idris Elba putting on one of the best performances I've ever seen.

JayD
July 30th, 2013, 08:27 AM
The Mummy

This movie is just awesome, full of action and the SF are amazing too. The CGI are great and althought it's a remake from the movie with Boris Karloff, it is more of a action/horror kind of movie compared to the old one which was mostly horror. But it's still a great movie nonetheless :)
I'll be watching the sequel tonight^^

이큐리
August 1st, 2013, 11:28 AM
Death Bell

A Korean horror movie. I'm going through an Asian horror movie phase. ;o; It's really good!

http://www.undertheradarmag.com/uploads/review_images/DeathBell_0498.jpg

JayD
August 1st, 2013, 11:39 AM
^ She still looks pretty :C

The Mummy Returns
Such a great sequel, one of the few examples where the sequel is better than the original adaptation :)

Loved every single bit of it and the battle with the Scorpion King was so freakin' awesome.

Houndour2005
August 2nd, 2013, 07:41 AM
ParaNorman. Well desvered Oscar nomination 10/10
Jingle all the Way. Worth a rent. 7/10
The Conjuring. Best movie of the year beside Equestria Girls. 10/10

Senusret
August 3rd, 2013, 07:28 PM
Last movie I saw was 17 Again. Good story, but the wife was a *****.

And the main character's girlfriend in high school looked stunningly similar to a girl I dated my freshman year. She was so hot.

BeefTaco
August 4th, 2013, 02:03 AM
I saw Dark Skies the other day. There was a lot of stupid scenes, the acting was bad at times and it wasn't that scary. It had its few moments here and there, but overall it was a crappy Signs wannabe.

Jin Of The Gale
August 4th, 2013, 02:28 AM
I watched The Wolverine a couple of days ago. It was pretty good.

Playful_Weasel
August 4th, 2013, 01:23 PM
the last movie I can remember watching, last night. Just an old SyFy style movies I had not watched in years, it was "Critters" I missed the movie, now I'm excited to watch the rest of the films.

Death Bell

A Korean horror movie. I'm going through an Asian horror movie phase. ;o; It's really good!

http://www.undertheradarmag.com/uploads/review_images/DeathBell_0498.jpg

I want to see that movie now, looks exciting and enticing. I want to watch it alone in my dark room, lights turned off, and eating Korean meal or just Sushi.

I really love horror movies. Not the ones with monsters or zombies (I consider those more like SyFy - science fiction). I also don't like slasher flicks (to me they are more of mystery than horror).

By horror I mean movies with ouija, witchcraft, ghosts, demons & poltergeist. Sort of like "The Grudge", "Drag me To Hell", "The Amityville Horror".

antemortem
August 4th, 2013, 01:50 PM
I watched a gay British romantic drama the other day called Weekend that was really interesting. I identified well with not only the main character, but the story in general. The ending left me dissatisfied, unfortunately, but the rest of the movie's substance was invigorating.

Houndour2005
August 5th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Paranormal Activity 3. Highly recommended.

Silent House. Haunted house movie filmed in one go. Worth a rent.

Varion Bluefire
August 5th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Monster's University.

Smashin' good Movie! :3

Kyrul
August 5th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Mud. Pretty good movie bout a grown man who's also a killer hanging out with children. Must see.

DarkfoolDave
August 5th, 2013, 04:27 PM
I actually saw the Conjuring yesterday. I'm usually not crazy about horror movies (slasher flicks aside; those are my guilty crack-pleasure), but this one actually had some pretty cool moments in it.

Rauzo
August 8th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Just saw Wolverine the other day with a mate, I really enjoyed the movie myself and loved most of the action scenes, but I'm probably biased seeing as the X-men as a whole never interested me: I was always more curious about their individual stories like this movie!

Kyoko
August 8th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Jeff, Who Lives at Home.

This movie was actually directed by an actor from the TV show The League, which is a pretty unscripted and raunchy comedy. It also starred Ed Helms and Jason Segel, so I was kind of expecting it to be more humorous than it was. The movie turned out to be really upsetting and moving and brought a new light to these comedy actors. I was very happily surprised by how much I enjoyed this film.

norbyotter
August 8th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Just saw Wolverine the other day with a mate, I really enjoyed the movie myself and loved most of the action scenes, but I'm probably biased seeing as the X-men as a whole never interested me: I was always more curious about their individual stories like this movie!

I'm with you here, I get more interested in individual characters series rather than stuff like the Avangers xD

The Butterfly Effect, which for some reason I didn't watch until now. I just kept hearing good things about it and a teacher recommended me to watch it because I also watched Premonition, another movie similar to it. I really enjoyed it and recommend it to anyone who likes twists and unconventional, confusing thrillers :3

And I also watched Paranormal activity not long ago. It's not exaggeratedly scary, and I liked it, even if many say it's cheesy. I wanna watch the sequels now even if they aren't as good ;w;

Houndour2005
August 9th, 2013, 06:57 AM
World War Z

One of the best movies this summer.

twistedpuppy
August 9th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Last movie I watched was Red. For an old man, Bruce Willis looks mighty damn good. Gotta see the sequel next.

The Notorious B.I.G.
August 9th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Kung Fu Hustle (2004). This movie is so unique it's a 10/10 movie. Martial Arts + Good comedy = A must watch. I absolutely love Stephen Chow. Yes the plot is really silly, but that is what's good about it. Absolutely epic scenes. Genius movie. This movie is a gem.

Squirrel
August 9th, 2013, 06:40 PM
I think the last movie I saw was Van Wilder 2 - it wasn't nearly as good as the original but I did love the film. Ryan Reynolds was (surprisingly) great in the original and it certainly lacked his charm this time around, but Kal Penn did a great job of taking over the spotlight. He's been wonderful in everything I've seen him in so all in all it was a decent brainless movie; pretty good for a 4.4/10 on IMDb haha.

Insurgent
August 9th, 2013, 11:20 PM
I watched Into the Wild the other night. It did a really good job of making me never want to go into the woods again.

Andrew
August 9th, 2013, 11:25 PM
I saw The Conjuring in theaters last Friday. In my opinion, it wasn't very scary. It was a good movie, but not scary.

Houndour2005
August 10th, 2013, 06:18 AM
The Nightmare Before Christmas. That's a classic.

The Haunting in Connecticut. Based upon an expereince by Ed and Lorraine Warren.

gimmepie
August 10th, 2013, 07:24 AM
The last movie I saw was This Is the End.

Not as good as it could have been and slow to get started but not bad if you like some rather stupid humour every now and again :D

Esper
August 10th, 2013, 09:41 AM
I watched The Master with Joaquin Phoenix, Amy Adams, and Philip Seymour Hoffman. Really well made movie, but kind of mind bendy since you don't really like the characters since they're all kind of villains in their own ways.

Houndour2005
August 10th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Monsters University.

One of this summers hgihlights.

Meaii
August 10th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Just finished watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire about 20 minutes ago, it was an amazing movie. In my opinion, the best of the eight films as the Tri-Wizard Tournament was a great storyline, and then Voldermort appeared ...

Oh yeah, Robert Patterson (Cedric Diggory) died. <3

Amore
August 10th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Road to Perdition...kept losing concentration a bit - it's not a thrill ride, not an action movie, not a comedy...good film though.
Before that, little clips of Power Rangers: Turbo and the other power rangers movie - forgot how awful PR is :P

Last one I really enjoyed was Gangster Squad, bought it on DVD. Less true-to-life than The Untouchables, and more enjoyable for it. It really does seem like if a film has Ryan Gosling in it, it can't be bad.

@Meali: I was watching that before too! Gotta agree, it is one of the stronger ones. Although from what I remember they somehow managed to make the films of part 7 more entertaining than the book - I would've at least liked a bit of a duel before Harry died the first time in the book, the film gave us one afterwards which was nearly good enough.

Vanilla Twilight
August 10th, 2013, 03:03 PM
I just watched Planes yesterday c:

It was rather adorable and a decent predictable Disney movie, but still wonderful!♡

HeyLoro
August 10th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Morning Glory.

Very good, sad I never saw it when it first came out. I can relate to the main character a lot, eheh~

antemortem
August 10th, 2013, 05:49 PM
I just got back from seeing Grown Ups 2 and I was impressed. It had me laughing almost the entire time; I think it's better than even the first one humor-wise. I appreciate how neither movie really tries to adhere to the typical slapstick comedic genre so the jokes aren't nearly as dry and humorless as you'd expect them to be.

Playful_Weasel
August 10th, 2013, 06:48 PM
The last movie I watched was last night, it was "House on Haunted Hill", I love this kind of horror movies. I watch them with all the lights off and having something to eat or drink.

I had not seen the movie in years, so it was great to see it again.

Patchisou Yutohru
August 10th, 2013, 07:25 PM
The last movie I saw was Elysium. Went with a friend from work earlier today. I thought it was amazingly well done. Though I think the end was pretty predictable, it was pretty well written and the production was great.

I just got back from seeing Grown Ups 2 and I was impressed. It had me laughing almost the entire time; I think it's better than even the first one humor-wise. I appreciate how neither movie really tries to adhere to the typical slapstick comedic genre so the jokes aren't nearly as dry and humorless as you'd expect them to be.
I'm pretty surprised you liked that movie. I thought it was absolutely dreadful and a huge mistake in a life choice made by everybody involved.

Iceman3317
August 10th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Mouse Hunt and Cars. I didn't finish watching either of them today, but I love both. Mouse Hunt more than Cars. Mouse Hunt is one of the few movies I remember going to see in theaters when I was a little kid. It is a great movie, at least to me. You get to see a little mouse be awesome.

I am not going to explain Cars much because it is probably well known already.